cornhuskers9495
Feb 10 2007, 11:27 PM
me casa, su casa

Feb 12 2007, 04:48 PM
Welcome to the MB........
Where is the Lefty, I figured Craig would be the first on here???

ANY squirrels out there?

keithjohnson
Feb 12 2007, 09:52 PM
craig is still around...

were trying to hopefully gather all the loose animals together in a cohesive club and move forward together for the greater good of the atlanta disc golf scene, instead of the fractured fairy tales past that i've heard wild tales of :D

our board is myself as president
jay voss as vice president
woody blackwell as secretary
john ritger as treasurer
scott prandy as memberships manager
greg campbell as course liason director
imran khan as communications director and
paul la perre as events director

thanks for the welcoming lee and ken!!

lux4prez
Feb 14 2007, 12:46 AM
Thanks for the welcome folks! We should have some great info coming up if not at least some comic relief.

Try our home page at:

www.discgolfatlanta.com (http://www.discgolfatlanta.com)

blueindian
Feb 14 2007, 08:06 PM
We have also started a Bag Tag Challenge for anyone that reads this and wants to join up. There is a specific forum on the ADGO site and we will be having monthly challenges at all the courses in the Atlanta.

Feb 15 2007, 03:29 PM
I will buy a tag...
I am actually from Atlanta, so I am down to get down.
Cant wait to get back and play Redan again..

How much for the tag ??? Where do I send money......

BTW- anybody want to pick up a super cool Funkytown Flyers Club bag tag ?????

blueindian
Feb 15 2007, 06:11 PM
"You've got mail..."

Feb 17 2007, 01:27 PM
Hey wookie, why is the fundraiser you e-mailed me about not up on the MB????

keithjohnson
Feb 18 2007, 07:56 PM
Hey wookie, why is the fundraiser you e-mailed me about not up on the MB????

you mean like under the general club topics thread entitled bag tags? :eek: :D

Feb 19 2007, 10:42 AM
I saw that , I was refering to the tournament you guys had this weekend.... Perhaps I was misinformed ...

keithjohnson
Feb 19 2007, 09:29 PM
I saw that , I was refering to the tournament you guys had this weekend.... Perhaps I was misinformed ...

sorry lee..
the monthly bag tag challenges are only listed on the discgolfatlanta.com website under(curiously enough :D)
atlanta area bag tag challenge

hope this helps you

keith

nitchkabob
Feb 19 2007, 10:33 PM
Passing through ATL from Bowling Green Am Champs in April on the way to CLearwater, FL. ATL is about half way (I think) What course should I stop at and play. i.e. close to RTE 75 and/or the best in the area, or should I continue a little further south? Anyways, advice is appreciated thanks all.

crusher
Feb 19 2007, 11:34 PM
It depends on what type of course you like. There is a nine hole course in Kennesaw called Oregon Park, it is short and fairly open and close to 75. If you like longer, more open type courses then Central Park in Cumming is worth the short detour. There are other courses closer to downtown on the west side as well.

blueindian
Feb 20 2007, 08:24 AM
You probably want to take a short detour to Redan. It's about 25 mins from 75 and downtown Atlanta. It's one of the best courses in Atlanta, with a mix of every shot in the bag. It's a great layout with lots of space and no cross traffic from anything else in the park. I would go there, or Central. If you like all woods courses then go to East Roswell. It's all trees, but a fun course as well. Gonna have an A-teir there and Central combined this summer.