Feb 06 2007, 12:51 AM
I've just gotten the OK for the 28th date.The man in charge of the county park(Sounding kinda familier isn't it)is rounding up the sponsorship folk.(We wish him luck!)LUCK!!!!
This IS one of the USDGC QUALIFYERS so don't miss it if your interested.
A One Day C Tier looking like this(Not official just yet)
2 Rounds of 18
Pro $50 ish
Advanced $40ish
Am $30 ish
Rec $10 ish
Typical of our C Tier events.I'm gunnin for the most in added cash and sponsorship.
PENCIL THIS ONE IN!
More to be announced soon.
Questions? Comments?

Feb 26 2007, 12:30 AM
It's on the SN schedule.
The Wildcat.
Camping is available at the course as well.

accidentalROLLER
Feb 26 2007, 09:15 AM
Hey Tom, is the United States Disc Golf Championships 07 Series Final really on a Monday???? Or is the date wrong?

Feb 26 2007, 09:52 AM
It says 3rd thru 6th.Wed till Sat.
You plannin on going ?
Spectate ?
Caddie ?
Takin pics ?
Waterboy ?

/msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

accidentalROLLER
Feb 26 2007, 10:06 AM
no, the ARKANSAS Final qualifyer to see who goes. you know, the final 8, the thing you set up.

evandmckee
Feb 26 2007, 03:16 PM
The post title of the 28th is confusing....actual date is the 21st of April

MORE INFO from Southern Nationals (http://sndg.org/stats/event.php/746)

not listed on PDGA tour yet but it is supposed to be a C tier, dual sanctioned :cool:

accidentalROLLER
Feb 26 2007, 03:43 PM
$45 for advanced for a 1-day C-tier?
I wonder if the TD read the 2007 PDGA Tour Standards (http://www.pdga.com/documents/td/07TourStandards.pdf) :
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/8318/07tourstandardsuy3.jpg

keldog
Feb 26 2007, 09:45 PM
Ditch-N-Pitch
What's the name/number of that hotel in Hot Springs?
and is Colin adding cash and plastic?

BrokenPutt
Feb 26 2007, 11:49 PM
Hey Tom, is the United States Disc Golf Championships 07 Series Final really on a Monday???? Or is the date wrong?

I think he is talking about this: http://www.wafda.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=30&Itemid=2

July 9th is a Monday. :confused:

Feb 27 2007, 12:45 AM
Yeah the final round, I think I was looking at a 2006 calendar when I posted that.
The finals will be scheduled later on.It will be in July.I'm thinkin the 14th.
As for the suggested entry fee by the PDGA.
Pull my finger.
BTW,It IS on the PDGA schedule now. :cool:
WATSON,It's the "Arlington".501-623-7771
If we start buzzin them about the tourney,They may open up to the notion of sponsorship easier like we talked about.
EVERYBODY call them and ask if they have heard about this event.See how they respond.ASK FOR Teri Turner.Tell her the State Coordinator told you about the location of the Hotel to the course.(She'll remember talking to me)DON'T BOOK THE ROOM YET! Just get this into her head.If we go booking them she'll see no need to put up the added moolah.They just need to be bombarded with Disc Golf phone calls.Start tomorrow.I'll call myself.
We need these people.
DO IT!!!
(Yes Colin is adding cash,Thank you Colin)

accidentalROLLER
Feb 27 2007, 09:52 AM
Colin won't be adding cash to this one at that price. Colin will save his money for St. Louis Open. St. Louis Open is only $50 and it is a 2-day A-tier with an awesome players pack. Last year, for a $50 entry fee, we got a t-shirt, a wizard, Z-avenger, 20th Ann. Gold Champ. Aviar, dinner, couple of kegs, and some other stuff I can't remember.

Feb 27 2007, 10:48 AM
Havn't most of our entries been close to this mark?
And you did like the payout of your last win didn't you Colin.
I'm not gonna beg you to play Hot Springs.But I will tell you this,Your gonna miss out on a fine weekend.
I just got off the phone with Don George(Man in charge of the park)
He's told me about the things and ideas coming to that course.
I'm diggin it.
I think i'll stick around here and support AR.

Pack_Mule
Feb 27 2007, 11:33 AM
Wow $45 is quite a bit of money for a 1 day C tier. If i do attend this there will need to be some really awsome players packs, free lunch, free dinner, and a top notch event. A skins match, a ring of fire, and giving away 25-01' CE Rocs. Ya know something like that.

accidentalROLLER
Feb 27 2007, 11:43 AM
Havn't most of our entries been close to this mark?<font color="red">Not really</font>
And you did like the payout of your last win didn't you Colin.<font color="red">Sure, but I didn't deserve it to be honest.</font>
I'm not gonna beg you to play Hot Springs.But I will tell you this,Your gonna miss out on a fine weekend.<font color="red">I don't doubt that, but you should consider that this is a 1st time tourney on a course that's not in the ground yet. I am willing to pony up $45 (maybe), but I don't know alot of Ams who would throw down $35. I think the bigger scope is promoting disc golf in that area and that has yet to be proven, for our state as a whole. If the area market demand for a tourney is big enough to warrant high entry fees, then I am wrong. I just believe its risky to charge the upper limit of entry fees for the 1st "trial" tourney.</font>
I just got off the phone with Don George(Man in charge of the park)
He's told me about the things and ideas coming to that course.
I'm diggin it.
I think i'll stick around here and support AR. <font color="red">I am all for supporting AR, but if that's really what were talking about, we should start new courses off with homegrown tourneys, not sanctioned events, to guage interest, instead of trying to manufacture it.</font>

Tom, I love what you are doing for AR. I don't want you to see what I'm saying as #$*&$!. I am asking the questions and making the comments because that is the only way I know to get answers. If you can justify these things then I am satisfied, and so should you be. You should be glad I am bringing these things up now, in public, instead of #$*&$! and moaning about you behind your back.

Feb 27 2007, 03:18 PM
Yeah that behind the back thing was getting old.
I don't worry about it anymore.Wasted energy.
If we take into consideration some of the things taken out of the entry(Disc for early registration,Couple bucks for PDGA,Other possable goodies)Then the entry does kinda dwindle down to the suggested amount.
Remember this is a dual sanctioned event.SN $2.00 PDGA $2.00 Disc $5.00 or $6.00.
There's about $10.00 right there.And like I said,Who knows what else may come into play.
I hate to see any USDGC hopefulls bow out.The Top 8 shouldn't be hard to make.(Even if they've missed the first two events they could come in)The playoff could go to anyone having a good day.
Hey Barney! Dream on.
You do need to get that juicy players pack don't you.
No plastic or goodies with the finishes.

Pack_Mule
Feb 28 2007, 11:15 AM
Hey Barney! Dream on.
You do need to get that juicy players pack don't you.
No plastic or goodies with the finishes.

You are completely right Tom. So you better hook my players pack up.

tsmethe
Mar 01 2007, 11:57 AM
Note that the date has changed to April 21 to avoid a conflict with another tournament in Arkansas.

Mar 01 2007, 02:35 PM
HEY IT'S TED !!! :eek:
Glad you could make it.

keldog
Mar 01 2007, 09:01 PM
it's nice to see you back in golf,I'll see you in Hot Springs.

Mar 01 2007, 10:21 PM
Awwww Thanks :D
OH! You meant Ted. /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

twoputtok
Mar 02 2007, 11:28 AM
your welcome.
;)

Mar 16 2007, 08:51 AM
I got a phone call yesterday,
The fella in charge of Clarksville told me there were a handfull of players there gettin ready for a tournament in April.
It's "Hot Springs" people.
I also heard they were from Litte Rock and Russellville.
SOMEBODY needs to contact these knuckleheads.
Anybody know who to contact?Call em.
I'd sure hate to win this cause everyones in Clarksville.
(Sure I would :D:D:D)
YEAH!!! It's Clarksville in April.LOL!!!!!
Just send in your money and i'll see ya there!

BrokenPutt
Mar 16 2007, 01:24 PM
What are you talkin about?? There's a tourney in Clarksville?? Tommy Eddy lives down there right??

evandmckee
Mar 16 2007, 01:41 PM
No tourney that we know of, what he's saying is that someone called him telling him that someone had told the someone that called that someone had told them that they had heard from someone that there was a tourney at Clarksville in April, which we know nothing about :confused:

surely you understand now right...

we actually wondered if someone from the surrounding colleges might be doing some kind of intramural type college thing thats unaware of surrounding organizations that would love to help or participate...probably just someone that confused the location though... we don't really know, probably nothing

Mar 20 2007, 08:21 PM
http://us.f336.mail.yahoo.com/ym/ShowLetter?box=Inbox&amp;MsgId=2275_4385782_23539_1470 _1622319_0_7487_2177779_1081939709&amp;bodyPart=2&amp;tnef =&amp;YY=68387&amp;y5beta=yes&amp;y5beta=yes&amp;order=down&amp;sort=d ate&amp;pos=0&amp;view=a&amp;head=b&amp;VScan=1&amp;Idx=1
Check this out !!! /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif