neilbondy
Jan 31 2007, 09:52 PM
I'm looking for input on coverings for sleeves/basket anchors while they are not in use? I've used 7" diameter irrigation covers in the past, but they don't last very long. Either the cap gets lost/covered over, or they get mutilated by mowers. Any suggestions are appreciated.

ck34
Jan 31 2007, 09:59 PM
Consider putting lengths of capped PVC or galvanized pipe that rise 18-24" above the ground in the unused anchors. If you want to make then more secure, attach tabs like the baskets and lock them in. Makes it easier for mowers to see and not wreck them. Plus, players know that there are alternates and where they are.

warwickdan
Feb 08 2007, 09:12 AM
I've fabricated sleeve covers for a few of our local courses. They are simply 4"-long lengths of pipe of a slightly smaller diameter than the sleeve, with a locking tab on the top. They slide inside the basket sleeve, and then the lock shackle passes thru the locking tab in the sleeve that is aligned with the tab in the cap.

It's inexpensive and efficient.

I have a .jpg photo of these caps i can email to anyone that is interested. reach me at [email protected]

Dan Doyle
Warwick, NY