JHBlader86
Jan 14 2007, 05:41 PM
An Ace is always the best shot no matter what, but theyre all too rare for everyone. I have been playing only a yr. and a 1/2 and have made 3 aces, but which one stands out the most to you?

I'm sure most will say their first because it was their first, but mine is actually the 3rd ace. I was playing in a doubles glow tournament, and my partner and I had just reached our final hole. I couldnt brighten my glow teebird cuz the flashlight died 2 holes before, and I asked we asked our friends who just finished if they had one but didnt. So, I threw a blind drive and started talking to my friends. Then we heard a ching. One of my buddies looked at me and said "Did you just ace that?" I said I dont know lets go look. So we ran up to the basket looking for the glowstick attached to the basket and lo and behold the teebird was laying right in there. Not only was I cheering and yelling, but running around the course, and to top it off I won $20 from the ace pool. What made it even greater was playing a tourney in Illinois and people coming up to me asking if I was the one who made the night ace. Definitely my favorite ace!

Chris Hysell
Jan 14 2007, 05:51 PM
I don't really have any favorite aces. I actually remember only about 15 of the 126 that i've had. I guess that's because they were important at the time. There is a box at my house that has many of my ace discs in it. Perhaps I need to do some reminiscing.

leftysidearm
Jan 14 2007, 06:08 PM
My favorite ace is my second one. Played 2 rounds at a local course in Charlotte. The first round I aced hole 2...which was my 1st ever ace. The 2nd time around a few of us were playing doubles and hit the same hole with the same disc (star tee-rex)...luckly 2 of the guys I was playing with were there both rounds. All I remember was walking off the tee pad in shock that I actually threw the exact same shot and actually had luck strike twice. Of course I went and donated a dollar to the lotto, just to see how much luck I really had going that day. Sadly I report, I'm still broke. For once I left people rather silent with a sweet shot.

Parkntwoputt
Jan 14 2007, 08:07 PM
I forget what hole it is, but it is at Banklick Park in N.Kentucky during the 2006 Bluegrass Open.

The hole was 210ft, down hill about 20, narrow alley down the middle, with a deep ravine behind the basket, and a shallow one before. There is a foot bridge over the shallow ravine to cross to the green. Being a simple putter shot where the obvious planned shot is to land short and skip up to the basket, I watched the three guys in my group throw before me. They all skip up hitting after the bridge landing within easy putting distance. Following cue I throw my Crystal Challenger, I hit the bridge and skip up, the disc hits the basket and catches the back edge of the DGA loop at the rim of the basket, it tickles the chains and falls back. Easy two.

The next round I come up to the hole, throw the same exact shot with the same disc figuring it granted me a deuce earlier, hitting the bridge and the disc skips up and lands solid in the basket! The third round on that course I step up first on the hole, one guy had been in my group for each prior round seeing me hit metal once then ace it the second time. This third time, same disc in hand, the disc skips off the bridge and it looks like it is going to hit right side chains and go in. Well unfortunately it hit too far right on the chains and it flopped upside down next to the basket. Another easy deuce.

I had to be pleased, three throws-two metals turning into deuces and one ace. My average score on that hole was 1.667 for the three rounds we played on it.

Unfortunately the disc was stolen from me at Hornets Nest 3 weeks ago. I forgot it by the pin on #12. I went back 5 holes later and the disc was gone. There was only 1 other group on the course, and they were at #14, and of course they said that they never saw it...but it was a Crystal Challenger with no tournament stamp, it was rare and meant a lot to me. Punk kids. :mad:

ck34
Jan 14 2007, 08:12 PM
I had the first ace of the 1994 Pro Worlds in Port Arthur, temporarily worth $2000. I felt like an insurance agent paying out claims as more players scored aces throughout the rest of the week. As it turned out, only 6 of us had aces so it end up being worth $334. Might still be the lowest number of aces at a Worlds.

accidentalROLLER
Jan 14 2007, 08:15 PM
My favorite ace is my most recent one.....cause you never know when it'll be your last. Hole #2 at BlackHawk, skipper.

atxdiscgolfer
Jan 14 2007, 09:01 PM
Hole #9 - Circle C

nanook
Jan 14 2007, 10:01 PM
The 3rd of the three I have; just this last Dec 13th. I was playing all by myself at Expo Park. Caught up to a twosome on hole #10 and they asked if I wanted to play through. Stepped up on #11 and threw a laser with an ESP Buzzz that aced right in front of them! The only other possible witnesses on the course! I ran down to collect it, then got them to sign the disc...

nanook

dave25926
Jan 14 2007, 10:19 PM
My second tourny...Homie's Fall Festival 2004 in crown point,IN. Temp hole 4. 360 slightly uphill. My longest ace.

$276 with a zipper viking!!!!
Never forget it!! that disc is long retired. My first year playing and my 9th ace. 12 total that year. I PLAYED A LOT!!

denny1210
Jan 14 2007, 11:17 PM
After 2 tournament aces that I wasn't in the ace pool for in 2000 I started putting in for every ace pool. Finally in 2003 I got about $150 from the doubles ace pool at Searight in Austin, last shot of the round on hole 17, in all the way. That was my first time playing that weekly doubles mini.

The next week I decided to give it another try. Don't remember the hole #, but it was about 250 straight down a moderate tunnel that ducked to the right about 20 feet at the very end, a pretty easy sidearm hole, but a little tougher backhand. My partner's name was Zach and had a great golden retriever (forgot his last name). He brought a putter, a blue rock, and a towel. We were backed up a bit on that hole and I looked over at my partner as he was very, very slowly wiping his blue rock. After about 30 seconds of continuous disc cleaning, I went over and quietly asked him, "what are you doing?". He slowly, quietly said back, "I'm gonna ace it."

I looked up to see that the other two guys had also heard him say that. A few seconds later it was all clear. He threw the disc down the left side of the fairway, turned over, and (at least from my perspective) everything went into super slow-motion as it tracked perfectly into the basket.

After a pregnant pause we all said matter-of-factly "nice shot" and walked on.

shaolintrained
Jan 15 2007, 01:28 AM
I've been playing for a year and my first of only two aces is my favorite. 6 months to the day I started playing was Father's Day and I was playing on a 21 hole course that I had designed over the Winter, which I'm pretty **** proud of. The only hole with a teepad at that point was hole 11 and measured 330 feet through a narrow tunnel of nice trees, it Oregon. Threw a STAR Wraith and the whole way it was looking beautiful. At that point in time, the baskets were homemade and even a 15 foot putt had to be PERFECT!!! to stay in. The best part was my dad was there to sign my first ace disc...as he was there to sign my second as well, that guy brings me luck. Good times.

dionarlyn
Jan 15 2007, 04:36 AM
The 3rd of the three I have; just this last Dec 13th. I was playing all by myself at Expo Park. Caught up to a twosome on hole #10 and they asked if I wanted to play through. Stepped up on #11 and threw a laser with an ESP Buzzz that aced right in front of them! The only other possible witnesses on the course! I ran down to collect it, then got them to sign the disc...

nanook

I've had that happen a couple of times actually! I get to my home course in Oregon (Willamette in Corvallis) and ask to play with some guys who are there. I aced #12 in front of some rookie college players. And #11 (my first ace) in front of some other college kids.

But my favorite ace came at 2005 AM Worlds. Hole #17 at NAU. I just hit a jump putt on 16 from about 40' out during my last round. I had been playing bad all tourney and knew only an ace would make the trip worthy. (yes I said those very words that morning) I had two holes left to do it in, and since 18 was a huge hole there was no way for that to happen. I threw a CFR Starfire in the bucket and didn't make a noise on the tee pad. I just put my hands up and turned and faced my group. I then proceeded to throw a KILLER drive on 18 that gave me one of the rare birdie looks of the tournament on that hole. My three best shots of my trip came back to back to back. Earned $125.00 to redeem from Discraft.

I later aced another CFR Starfire (same stamp, different color/weight) at my local tournament doubles for $100.00 cash. That puts the Starfire's at COST: $40.00, REWARD: $225.00. Good Investment.

Gregg
Jan 15 2007, 07:55 PM
I've deinatly had some sweet ones, but I hit one yeaterday that was just EPIC!!!

NORCAL vs SOCAL champinship match play 36 hole rounds, 18 singles and 18 doubles possible 4 points per group. 2 holes left to play in our doubles match Jay "Bear" and Myself were 2 back, I'm extremely frustrated, cuz My last 3 putts from 45-50 or so just wouldn't fall. (in a row) so jay was like, "Well we gotta ace, you know they're gonna deuce this" (300' hyzer open with one tree gaurding, the wind is swirling 15mph, thats really the only tough thing about the hole) So Kyle (Crabtree) parks it no suprise, Gabe (cota) and Jay throw, and I step up with my Purple Predator and throw a big hyzer, the wind was messing with it a bunch, I yelled "DROP!!" and as soon as i did it dropped....BBBBBBAAAAAAMMMMMM! super loud for the ace (Myles Harding and John Child and their group watched the whole thing) so we were down 1 with 1 to go. The next hole (#23) is a 430 ft straight to hyzer shot a little uphill, that ends on a hill. I bomb my drive, barely misses a tree and leaves us with around a 38 footer, kyle puts one 40' away or so, he and gabe both short the putt. So I told jay, "this one is yours man" so he stepped up and banged it for the tie!!!!! JUST SO EPIC!!!
NORCAL ENDED UP BEATING SOCAL BY 3 POINTS! for win #6 in a row for norcal and 8 out of 10 (stevie wasn't there for the first time this year) that is also my third ace on that predator, two sidearm skips and a hyzer backhand, and it still doesn't have any sigs on it!

Also I hit 2 in one round this year at Willits (KOA JAM), (both sidearms) with different predators, one was like 350' over a pond, and it skipped off the little cart path and directly in, like pressed against the pols on the hanging chain mach 5s so that was sick... the other one was on a wide open 200 foot shot where everyone was under the basket, so I took the tee! it was sweet.

seewhere
Jan 16 2007, 11:20 AM
tough questoin.. 1st ace at am worlds in tenn 2001 to win an innova disc catcher or the TX 10 ace in houston worth $866 :D

DSproAVIAR
Jan 16 2007, 11:26 AM
#12 Monster, Hudson Mills at league night. Skipped it in with a roc.

circle_2
Jan 16 2007, 11:48 AM
I've got 6 aces, but 2 are favorites...

June '02 at The Big O, Olathe, Kansas Our 2nd hole, #2 (not on the island, but in the right pin position). A tree that had prevented a hyzer shot was removed due to some storm damage a few days before the tourney. I watched everyone one else throw the anny...then grabbed my Demon and slammed it home! ~$100

Sept '05, at the Frontier Open (Friday night dubs), Hays, Kansas - I aced an embarrassingly short hole across the creek that Frank da Tank had JUST aced on the previous card. Then, while waiting to tee afterwards...Coda Hatfield hit the same basket, just missing what would have been a 3rd ace in 3 cards. The split Ace money paid for my tourney!

crotts
Jan 16 2007, 11:51 AM
last april i was playing the local course with a friend of mine. step upto hole 8 130ish turnover. not a hard hole but a fun ace. disc hits the bottom of a limb and does this anne flair that sends it into the cage and it pops through the cage for the ace :Dgo to the next hole park it. then i decide to throw another shot just because. bam ace. 2 aces in 3 shots. 5 days later i'm out playing again. step up to hole 8 same disc bam. ace.(thistime with out the tree or cage) play hole 9 birdie. go to hole 10 step up ace. 2 aces in 3 shots.

4 aces in 5 days. it was a fun week.finished the year off with 16 aces. 19 total

: ) :

Jan 16 2007, 11:52 AM
By far, my best was on Valentines day 2003. I snuck out early in the morning to go play a solo round @ Bicentennial park in Crowley Texas. The clouds were saturated , ready to open up @ any time . I set up on old hole 12 from the white tee, threw a super clean side arm , money all the way. As soon as I realised what had happened, there was this thunder clap and rain started pouring , hardcore. B4 I could pull my disc from the basket, I was soaked and freezing cold. But hell, I did not care, I just hit an ace.

MikeMC
Jan 16 2007, 12:17 PM
This is an easy one because I became infamous as a result!! The 2006 Eric C. Yetter Championship Cup at Tyler State Park. Two day tournament with 36 holes each day. You'd have to see the hole and my tee shot to believe it, but I started the tournament with a 17 on a par 5 hole. First hole I played and I'm 12 over par. Basically, my tee shot was inbounds but careened behind a 400 foot by 100 foot out of bounds that I couldn't get out from behind. I mentioned it to the course designer and by the end of the day everyone that I introduced myself to responded with, "Aren't you the guy that got the 17?"

I had some measure of redemption when on the first round of the second day, I Aced the 200' hole 20. The tee box is at a 30 foot higher elevation from the basket but the "fairway" is densely wooded and the basket is not visible. I asked the guys who I was playing and were familiar with the course where the basket is. They said, "See those two big trees 20 feet apart about 100' out there? Throw the disc through them and then make a sharp right and go another 100 foot or so through the woods." I thought, "Oh, well. I'll take out my Stingray, let it rip, and cross my fingers." I threw it and everyone lost sight of it around those trees and listened for it to hit wood. It seemed like a long time and no sound. Someone said "Did you hear it hit?" Just as I said no, I caught a glimpse of it going through the woods about 30 feet before the basket then heard that great sound of it crashing into the chains.

They gave out prizes for any Aces. It was great when I got up and heard several people whispering, "Isn't that the guy that got the 17 yesterday?" I'm still hearing about it - "How can a guy who got a 17 get an Ace on 20?"

Drew32
Jan 16 2007, 01:00 PM
My second ace.

It was one of the rare Sunday doubles a few months ago I was able to attend cause of my work schedule. We had started on hole #3 at Veterans Park in Lexington and had gotten a 4 and a 3 up till #5 putting us @ +1 with the other team already 2 under.
I step up to #5's teepad and pull out my putter and my rubber shark and decide what I'm gonna throw.

For those of you not familiar with the park Hole #5 is only @200 ft but is a tight turn over shot with a steep drop off behind the basket. The other route is a really tight hyzer flip shot with a tree right in the way of the basket.

With the wind at my back I decided it wasnt a good Idea to try the right side route with the putter since I didnt think I could flip it just right. So I went for a little side arm flick shot on the left side with the rubber shark. For the most part if the disc sails over the basket it almost always hits this honeysuckle bush behind it and I'll get an easy 2. So I letter rip and we are standing there and I dont see the disc hit the bush and dont hear a sound. My partner Ryan calmly goes "Uh you went in."
Apparently it hit the tree just to the right of the basket and plopped in .
After that we were red hot almost taking first but missing it by 1 stroke. I was in the ace pool and had gotten $70 for it which I used to get my new bag.
:D

my_hero
Jan 16 2007, 01:04 PM
Hard to say if it was my first ace, on a hole 300' away on top of a 50' hill (pink cyclone)....or my most recent ace, @ 335' flat ground down a pipeline, taking a $1,082 ace pot~!(1st run Crush) :D
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/2572/dscf03957zs.jpg

[/QUOTE]

Jan 16 2007, 01:31 PM
Daddy D must have been drunk when he signed that :D

cornhuskers9495
Jan 16 2007, 01:34 PM
My Favorite ace? all 11 of them

10 in Disc golf and 1 in ball golf, on my 30th birfday

disctance00
Jan 16 2007, 01:46 PM
Of course my first ACE I'll never forget....red DX 175 gram star stamped banshee off of four branches to get in the pin...My favorite ace has to be the one I hit at the meadows course in Wimberley Tx.

It was a hot summer day in Texas out at the Round Rock course, and a buddy of mine and I were playing with a beginner from out of town. I loaned them my purple XS. All was going okay till I walked in front of them not thinking they would throw it that far and sure enough, WACK right in the back of the head...they smacked me pretty good in the back of my nugget...I won't make that mistake again!! Later that weekend, I played in a mini at the Wimberley course and played dubs on the meadows. That dubs round was some absolutely horrific golf I played. It was hot, muggy, and I was in no mood to be out there anymore...I got to my last hole of the day and was ready to chuck it out there and get on the road home. Of course I pulled out that purple XS that wacked me in the head earlier that week and slung it into the chains for an ace...$68 and a basket for the hapless throw. Funny how things work in this game...

Pironix
Jan 16 2007, 02:01 PM
Sept '05, at the Frontier Open (Friday night dubs), Hays, Kansas - I aced an embarrassingly short hole across the creek that Frank da Tank had JUST aced on the previous card. Then, while waiting to tee afterwards...Coda Hatfield hit the same basket, just missing what would have been a 3rd ace in 3 cards. The split Ace money paid for my tourney!

Was that 16 original, flick shot with a big drop over the creek? I got my first ace on that hole a couple of weeks ago. :)

Jan 16 2007, 02:16 PM
My favorite would be my first and only on Hole #2 at Richlands Steed in a tournament. And like a dope, I did'nt enter the ace pool.You can believe I always enter the ace pool now.You never know!

Pack_Mule
Jan 16 2007, 05:15 PM
Hole 7 Blackhawk First Tournment Ace 2006 AM Worlds boom hit the 258' ace with a wizard, then got paid out in plastic $200 :confused:. Then i continued to shoot the worst round out of the six i played.

Jonahschmidt
Jan 16 2007, 06:12 PM
#1 favorite - Hole 3 Santa Cruz - Roller ace off a root, hit chains a few times before, then finally got one to stick.

#2 favorite - Hole 10 San Francisco - Thumber wedged solid in the bottom of the cage (can you say Fire Chicken taco, with just enough hot sauce, not too greasy)

#3 favorite - Introduced a friend to disc golf, then I ace the first hole we play. I'm jumping up and down being my first ace and all, he looks at me with this blank stare, shruggs his shoulders and says "I don't get it, isn't that the point of the game?"

Jan 16 2007, 06:26 PM
I once introduced a total stranger to disc golf .
She happened to be enjoying a sunny afternoon about 50 feet away from the basket on hole 1 in Saginaw . She had not noticed me untill my disc exploded the chains in the basket . She turned around , looked at me and says
" Is that what you were trying to do ? "
We had a little convo, gave her a disc, and have yet to see her since. She thought it was cool. I thought it was great, it was the 2nd time I had hit that hole.

circle_2
Jan 16 2007, 08:30 PM

Was that 16 original, flick shot with a big drop over the creek? I got my first ace on that hole a couple of weeks ago. :)

Nope, it was #5...all of 130-150' max, I'm guessing...but I'll take it. Threw a Rhyno, and it hyzered in.

superberry
Jan 16 2007, 08:39 PM
My favorite was #10 at Standing Rocks in WI. It was right in front of one of my friends who I am totally competitive with. It was so sweet to ace right in front of his face. And it was a tightly wooded hole that I aced with a Blowfly!

Greatzky2
Jan 16 2007, 09:54 PM
Either my 1st one or it was my 5th and most recent one.

My 1st one took me a while to get. It was while visiting Warwick Town Park in August of '04. I parked a classic aviar up the middle line on hole 7 short to short. gentle fading anny and it stuck in the chains.
My next one took me almost 2 yeras to get then i got 4 in 4 months.
my latest one was a Flick at Landis park in Vineland NJ. It was on hole 5 and I was playing from the Yellow tee. Threw a Star Teerex and it just hit bucket.

-Scott Lewis

c_trotter
Jan 16 2007, 11:58 PM
My favorite shot wasnt even an ace. Brianhead Ski resort DGC- Hole 16- 794 ft. There is about 150 foot elevation drop on the hole. Straight down at first, then it levels off a little bit for the last half of the hole. Great golf hole. I threw a 178g orange dx roc about shoulder height. It started off with a touch of hyzer edge, flattened out and went straight a while. Right about the time I thought it was going to fade, it picked up speed and turned over. It turned until it got on perfect ace line with the basket. The shadow of the disc was in the basket for what felt like minutes. The disc somehow missed the basket and sat 5 feet behind it.

I never had so much time to think about what was happening during a shot. I got a rush that not even my first ace could touch. The first thing that was said was from the course designed. He said with a huge smile on his face, "I didnt have that in mind when i designed the hole." To me, it was way more satisfying than any of my aces.

Mountain Golf is FUN!!!!! I would have most definitely fainted if it would have went in. In retrospect, Im glad it didnt. I would have rolled a long way down the mountain! :D

bschweberger
Jan 17 2007, 10:19 AM
my first, Hole 12 Valley Springs, NC 260-270 slightly downhill anhyzer. Never knew it was in until I got close to the basket.

jefferson
Jan 17 2007, 10:34 AM
2003 - 1st AM Worlds � Hole 2 @ Swope Park, Kansas City, MO (2nd run valk)
Played terrible except this one drive, this ace led to me winning a <font color="red">RED</font> mach V basket in a throw-off that i still have today

2005 � GLO Dubs � Hole 7 @ Cedar Hills, Raleigh, NC (10X Roc)
ace pool was up to $350 and i aTTended this event with the sole purpose of hiTTing an ace, think it was my 4th hole. only GLO event i aTTended

2005 � Renny MuleSkins � Hole 15 @ Rennaissance Park <font color="yellow">GOLD</font>, Charlotte, NC (10X Roc)
very few ace opportunities at renny gold, and this was my longest ace to date at 378 ft. long downhill anny, and the basket is somewhat hidden. i was the only one in the group that knew it went in, don't even think i got a "nice shot" comment. one of the best feeling shots i have ever thrown... and won me 1 frickin skin.

MTL21676
Jan 17 2007, 10:36 AM
I aced on the 36th hole of a monthly down a stroke to force a playoff.

That was pretty awesome.

bschweberger
Jan 17 2007, 10:44 AM
. one of the best feeling shots i have ever thrown... and won me 1 frickin skin.

now that is funny

Jan 17 2007, 10:45 AM
Hole 18 Hickory- while sitting on bench threw a righty sidearm with Fx for the ace. First righty Ace. right foot was touching pad too.

Also
Points Bonzo at Hornets Nest
Hole 4 short hole but had like three rain delays. Walked back and forth from parking lot to hole. But first throw after hour delay ACE. Standard not in Ace pot which was carried over from Greedy Creek.

accidentalROLLER
Jan 17 2007, 11:17 AM
Hole 8 at Waterworks in Kansas City, MO with a Champion Rhyno (skip ace). 1st time I had ever played WW, the day before the Mighty MO. There was a group of casual golfers playing and they were taking a smoke break so they were letting us play through. Got like 6 high 5's from total strangers. I think my only ace of 2006.

riverdog
Jan 17 2007, 11:31 AM
Cool ace on #18 Hickraw, Bradley. Was it the same Firebird you took out PP's ankle with?

One that sticks in my mind, not necessarily because of coolness but because of "gallery" reaction, or lack of it, was at Fossil Hill, Greene County, Tennessee, hole #7, I think. At least the one with double mando oaks 50 to 60 feet down a straight alley fairway to the basket. I hadn't been playing very long and Frannie was with me just as a walk in the woods. Brand new glo Stratus, first throw ever, dead flat, straight out of my hand into the basket. I'm kind of jumping around acting foolish and I realize Frannie hasn't made a peep. I turn around and look at her and she says, "Was that good?" I said, "Daggone right", or words to that effect. And she said, "But I thought that's what you were supposed to do." Out of the mouth's of babes, drunks and wives............. And of course she was right. Quite a simple game really. /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif :D:D

Jan 17 2007, 12:18 PM
Yup. Had two righty Aces with it. Other was a Thumber on 14 like everyone else.
That's a nice ace at Fossil. Never played the short but that mando is a BIATCH

mistuhmiles
Jan 17 2007, 01:31 PM
one of the best aces i've seen came during a military tourney my club organizes. we get soldiers that don't have their family with them out to the course pair them up with a coach (disc golfer) adn they play a tourney. it is a blast. well they were doing a CTP ona 300' down hill hole i get up there to throw and i fly straight over top. very close. the next throw goes right in. never have i heard so many peoplae cheer when that happened. it was like being in a sports area after someone hit a big shot. over 60 people signed that disc. amazing.

DSproAVIAR
Jan 17 2007, 02:10 PM
has anyone else ever hit a skip ace with a mid-range?

Jan 17 2007, 02:15 PM
I have spit out off of a skip with a roc once upon a time .
I have spit out with a Viper ( **** those p.o.s. baskets @ Jimmy Porter ) off the skip.

abee1010
Jan 17 2007, 02:26 PM
Least favorite Ace:

I played in about 30 tournaments this year and there was only 1 where I did not get in the ace pool....

You guessed it! My only ace of the year. At my home course of course. (Looking back, I don't think the ace pool was that big anyway)

accidentalROLLER
Jan 17 2007, 02:33 PM

I hit a skip ace with a putter. Does that count?

my_hero
Jan 17 2007, 02:35 PM

1st round VPO 1999 with Nolan Grider and Barry Schultz on my card. I threw a roc with a Hyzer release(RHBH). Hit some tree roots 30' left and 30' short of the basket and should've settled well left of the basket.....but it ANHYZER skips.....nothing but net. Booooom! Ace, Ace Baby!!!! :D

DSproAVIAR
Jan 17 2007, 02:50 PM

Yes. Was it a champ rhyno?

accidentalROLLER
Jan 17 2007, 02:51 PM
Sure was.

Parkntwoputt
Jan 17 2007, 02:58 PM

1 skip ace with a Crystal Challenger (putter)
1 skip ace with a Z-Wasp (midrange)

tbender
Jan 17 2007, 03:09 PM

Had 3 skip fairway aces with CryZtal Challengers. All 3 times, someone on the card asked how I get a putter to skip like that. Spin and angle...thank you Ultimate.

And a couple of chain-outs by skipping a CE Spider.

Favorite Ace. #2 (my most recent one). Nov. 2005. TX10 Finals in Live Oak. 1st hole of the second round. Part of a wild 30 minutes which my card saw 3 aces and 3 more near misses.

Favorite near ace by someone else. TX10 Final 2006. Neal Dambra chaining out the $10,000 hole-in-one. The disc missed sticking in the chains by no more than an inch.

DSproAVIAR
Jan 17 2007, 03:15 PM
I thought I was special... I've skipped an 11x Roc off the ground and a S Demon off a root.

tbender
Jan 17 2007, 03:22 PM
I thought I was special... I've skipped an 11x Roc off the ground and a S Demon off a root.

:)

Judging by the number of people who only throw (insert overstable driver here) for skipshots, you are. It's fun to watch a midrange skip up and slowly hang in the air on that sunrise/sunset trajectory.

Boneman
Jan 17 2007, 05:17 PM
My favorite was my first. A skip ace on hole #18 at CMC Glenwood Springs, CO, with a 160g CH Sidewinder. Not an easy hole to ace, and rarely done. It's hard to see the basket, off left, low ceiling straight tunnel shot with a long dip(s) in the fairway, sloping hill with trouble on both sides (Peter Shive once took an 8 on this hole during the CO Open a couple years ago), 249 ft. One of my friends (Chad Marshman) was standing in the parking lot and yelled to me that it STUCK in the side of the basket ... but it was in when I got there, lol. I never use drivers on this hole anymore [CH ROC], but maybe I should!
Second favorite would be an ace on hole #3 at Giannanetti Park in Carbondale. A slow floater with a 179g Aero. The disc was floating f o r e v e r before it landed in the basket. Fun to watch. The basket is elevated on a big round, grass covered mound with big trees in front and behind the basket. Very cool hole (push & putt course designed by TJ Laurance). ;)

superberry
Jan 18 2007, 10:37 AM
My favorite shot wasnt even an ace. Brianhead Ski resort DGC- Hole 16- 794 ft. There is about 150 foot elevation drop on the hole. Straight down at first, then it levels off a little bit for the last half of the hole. Great golf hole.

Kinda like this?..
http://webpages.charter.net/berrybunch/Other%20Pictures_files/image030.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/berrybunch/Other%20Pictures_files/image028.jpg
#18 at Winter Park. It's about 75' elevation change though. But you can watch the discs sail a LONG time and it sure is fun to watch them pick up speed and keep going.

Martin_Bohn
Jan 18 2007, 11:19 AM
Tournament ace last summer at Grand Targhee Ski resort. The Prize? An all-day Snowcat backcountry ski trip for free at grand targhee this winter. :Dwhich is the second best thing to do after disc golfin' :D :D

c_trotter
Jan 18 2007, 12:14 PM
My favorite shot wasnt even an ace. Brianhead Ski resort DGC- Hole 16- 794 ft. There is about 150 foot elevation drop on the hole. Straight down at first, then it levels off a little bit for the last half of the hole. Great golf hole.

Kinda like this?..
http://webpages.charter.net/berrybunch/Other%20Pictures_files/image030.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/berrybunch/Other%20Pictures_files/image028.jpg
#18 at Winter Park. It's about 75' elevation change though. But you can watch the discs sail a LONG time and it sure is fun to watch them pick up speed and keep going.

Kinda like that except its a mountain, not a ski hill. The first tee is at 11000 ft in elevation. It is a pretty big mountain.

Jeff_LaG
Jan 18 2007, 01:32 PM
Tournament ace last summer at Grand Targhee Ski resort. The Prize? An all-day Snowcat backcountry ski trip for free at grand targhee this winter. :Dwhich is the second best thing to do after disc golfin' :D :D

That sounds awesome! Although from what I've heard about Grand Targhee, backcountry skiing via Snowcat isn't even necessary. On some midweek days you can ski the entire day at the resort without crossing another track. :cool:

TimMirabal
Jan 18 2007, 01:53 PM
My faviorite ace was on hole 3 at hakiey creek. No one ever takes the huge hyzer line cause it is way out thier. But i did with a champ. monster i threw it low with a huge hyzer angle the disc skipped huge then skipped again and stright into the basket on its second skip. It looked awsome. so that is why it was my faviorite ace ever.

Martin_Bohn
Jan 18 2007, 04:18 PM

That sounds awesome! Although from what I've heard about Grand Targhee, backcountry skiing via Snowcat isn't even necessary. On some midweek days you can ski the entire day at the resort without crossing another track. :cool:

http://mbohn1.photosite.com/~photos/tn/169_104.ts1139437503507.jpg

you are correct sir, though ive only been there on the weekends its a favorite of mine. jazz puts on a great disc golf tourney there at the end of july as well, even if its only a one-dayer.

brookep
Jan 18 2007, 06:48 PM
My favorite was Pro Worlds 2003 Hole #14 N.A.U. 400ft!!! Just 2ft shy of the longest in Worlds history.

Vern
Jan 18 2007, 07:30 PM
My favorite ACE was during Hotlanta 2007. I was tied for thrid place - MM1- going in to the 3rd round on Sun Morning. On the 2nd hole I tore my ankle ligaments and litterally hobbled around the course until I got to my last hole, #18. I was going to DNF but my buddy convinced me not to. Instead I flicked my Wraith the 260ft or so and hit the ACE. After that I had to finsh the tourney, and I went on to spend the next 2 1/2 weeks on crutches. :cool:

Jan 18 2007, 07:58 PM
what about this guy, which is his favorite ace

I bet it was the RHBH hyzer ace

another cubby ace (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGtnGClNE7I)

dischick
Jan 18 2007, 10:57 PM
my all time favorite ace....
golfin with DSproNOthing
on hole F of orignial- says "jen, what disc should i ace with?"
i picked the black rock and in it went!
it was sweet

TravisGrindle12
Jan 18 2007, 11:19 PM
My favorite thats not my own.

This past years Tarheel tourney. I had 6 aces fall out( one hole i hit every round) Halton smith ran a accuracy challenge while the payout was being set up. Jon Mills ask me if he can use one of my disks so he doesnt have to walk all the way back to his car. I give him a red firechicken, which he wedge aces.

unreal.

mattdisc
Jan 19 2007, 01:15 PM
I once aced the last hole of a PDGA event at French Creek back in the 90's. It was hole #11 200' and it moved me into 2nd place.

My favorite ace(s) are at DeLaveaga in Santa Cruz. I had lived in San Jose for awhile and played there 4-5 times a week and never had a ace. I fly out in 2001 to play in the Masters Cup. I get off the plane and head to DeLa for practice. Playing with Marty and the locals I ace #25. Then in the last round of the tournament I skip ace the hole after I-5 playing with Marty. Same disc, flat top valk. I played like [email protected] but left with 2 aces. :D

Jeremiah2276
Jan 19 2007, 01:58 PM
i would say my fav ace was after a doubles round we where shooting for the ctp and i hit the ace in the dark in front of 40 players

DeanTannock
Jan 19 2007, 02:37 PM
One of my favorites:

Approx 1992-93

Casual foursome including myself,Lavone Wolfe and a couple of other local Pro's at the old UAH north course. I was about to tee off on #18 (slightly down hill 300ft) when someone on a bike yelled out "whatcha doin"? A local not familiar with disc golf gets a full story on the basics from Lavone and myself. After which he says what is the best shot? Lavone says "an ace" "hole in one","go ahead and show him Deano". Of course you know what happened next,he was hooked! :cool:

dwiggmd
Feb 07 2007, 02:17 AM
Horizons Park Classic 2006. No one hit the ace pool during the tournamnet so the entire field gathered at hole #1 for a one shot ace attempt. I hit it with a blue Aviar -X in front of the entire field. (and was the only one to do so)

This was my first and probably last tournament ace and was especially sweet since I was probably one of the least skilled players there - but pulled it off anyways :)

disctance00
Feb 07 2007, 09:49 AM
One of my favorites:

Approx 1992-93

Casual foursome including myself,Lavone Wolfe and a couple of other local Pro's at the old UAH north course. I was about to tee off on #18 (slightly down hill 300ft) when someone on a bike yelled out "whatcha doin"? A local not familiar with disc golf gets a full story on the basics from Lavone and myself. After which he says what is the best shot? Lavone says "an ace" "hole in one","go ahead and show him Deano". Of course you know what happened next,he was hooked! :cool:

That's how you show someone the sport!!

DSproAVIAR
Feb 07 2007, 12:52 PM
golfin with DSproNOthing
it was sweet

you picked the orange roc

z Vaughn z
Feb 07 2007, 01:47 PM
golfin with DSproNOthing
it was sweet

What were you folks puffing on?

MDR_3000
Feb 07 2007, 01:59 PM
golfin with DSproNOthing
it was sweet

What were you folks puffing on?

the white rock.

DSproAVIAR
Feb 07 2007, 02:18 PM
She obviously cannot handle her crack.

tommyb
Feb 07 2007, 03:29 PM
Are you sure this ace wasn't at BROWN PARK?

lepricon
Feb 07 2007, 05:10 PM
I have never aced in a singles round :(

z Vaughn z
Feb 07 2007, 06:17 PM
I have never aced in a singles round :(

Perhaps you need to grow larger Lucky Charms.

z Vaughn z
Feb 07 2007, 06:18 PM
Are you sure this ace wasn't at BROWN PARK?

Knowing DS, it was probably a made-up Ace he had in his head.

keldog
Feb 07 2007, 06:22 PM
K.C. Wide Open,got hole# 9,Swope park and a friend was video tapeing it all the way in the air to the basket :cool:
:D$265.00 :D

mgaffney
Feb 07 2007, 06:25 PM
My favorite ace happened a few years ago, it was my third. I was playing on my birthday at vista del camino park in scottsdale, I had just shot my first 10 down. I decided to treat myself to a new comet, I got one of those pre x comets at the shop next to the course, A nice stiff orange one, chalky. I thew hole 12 next to Dukes bar, it snapped up flat hit the gap and settled into the basket as it hyzered out. Cheers broke out at the patio of Dukes as about 15 guys including some of my buddies witnessed the ace.
From the wall to my bag to the basket and on the wall of my house has never touched the ground.
Gaff

my_hero
Feb 07 2007, 07:30 PM
Sweet!

jeffash
Feb 07 2007, 07:48 PM
2005 Mid-American Open- Columbia, Missouri.
I was "the guy" that day.
You know, the guy that is in last place in his division and has to play with the 2 Women's Open players.
On the second hole, we had an Asian gentleman using the teepad as his own personal Tai Chi area.
Angela, and Kristin, both looked at me with that "You're the guy" look.
Taking their lead, I politely communicated to him through gestures, and language, that we needed to use his Tai Chi area to throw our discs.
He politely moved off of the teepad and let us throw.
When I threw a lefty hyzer, the disc hit a tree and went straight into the basket we had just holed out on.
I got a Black Ace by my disc ending up in the previous hole's basket.
The Asian gentleman began clapping and shouting his approval at my skill. We tried to communicate to him that what I had done was not a good thing, but we were all laughing too hard.
I had fun being "the guy" and getting to play with Angela and Kristin that day.

paerley
Feb 07 2007, 08:39 PM
My favorite ace...

First round of the state championships last year, Beast #7. Me, Steve Mills, Chad Hutchison and Nick Noest were on the card together. I had just mentioned that I had aced that hole both of the prior weekends, one time during a casual round, one time during a league round. It's a 170-180 foot lefty hyzer. I pull out my Flick, with a light side arm flick, It goes up and fades right. I say it's parked and we start walking. As we walk, we hear a disc hit metal, sounds like a putt off in the distance. Then there's hollarin on the next hole. The guys on the next tee pad saw it go in. It landed clean in the basket, then the metal we heard was the disc falling over and tapping chains. My first tourney ace! Disc is signed and hung. After all 3 rounds were done, 7 aces were hit... ended up paying out $28.

TravisBlase
Feb 08 2007, 01:09 PM
First Ace, January 18th 2006. Hard packed snow and ice all over the course because I live in South Dakota. 222' hole number sixteen is a little anny shot for a right handed thrower or you can throw a huge hyzer over the few twenty-five foot high trees that line the right side of the fairway. Also a nice little side-arm shot for righties, but on that day I chose to not go with any of the above options and throw a thumber. I let it go and knew it was off line. It was going to be left quite a ways, but when it hit the ice about twenty feet left and ten feet short of the basket it took a weird bounce (one that would never happen without that snow and ice) and flipped over two or three times in the air and just plopped right into the basket hitting no chains whatsoever. It was the weirdest thing, walking up to the basket and not having to putt. Anyway, I eventually lost that 173 g Green Flick, so I kind of wish that I would have retired it, but I decided not to retire any of my discs. I ended up hitting eleven more aces last year and lost seven of my ace discs. I am the worst with losing discs, plus we have a plastic eating creek that runs through our course.

DSproAVIAR
Feb 08 2007, 01:42 PM
Everyone always loses their first ace disc.

circle_2
Feb 08 2007, 02:21 PM
I've still got mine...but have lost #s 2 & 3 though... :mad::o

krazyeye
Feb 09 2007, 01:10 AM
I have my first five on two discs and they are retired..I lost my first several times.. locals are cool.

hawkgammon
Feb 09 2007, 03:59 PM
Last year The Load and I rolled into Bluemont for a showdown. His first warm-up practice drive was an ace which naturally didn't count for anything, but gave him huge confidence. I went on to crush him in the event, but we still talk about the non-ace.

quickdisc
Feb 09 2007, 08:48 PM
My favorite ace's are the one's that stay in somehow !!!!!!

I have had them Crash the Chains so hard , I was sure they would all bounce out. Some did !!!! :eek: :mad:

I really like the ones that mushroom the chains high and slam the disc flat to the bottom of the basket !!!!! :D

Feb 10 2007, 01:10 AM
ROLLER!!! Hole #10 La Mirada,Stingray

(Lefty Roller,Hit a root and jumped in)

OLD SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!

Parkntwoputt
Feb 10 2007, 10:30 AM
My favorite ace's are the one's that stay in somehow !!!!!!

I have had them Crash the Chains so hard , I was sure they would all bounce out. Some did !!!! :eek: :mad:

I really like the ones that mushroom the chains high and slam the disc flat to the bottom of the basket !!!!! :D

I lost Ace #5, out of my 7 aces three are with the same Wasp, and another with a different Wasp. Think I like that disc?

Many times I have hit the chains so hard that the chains "mushroom" up to the top but that is usually accompanied by a spit out. :confused:

I still have my first ace disc. Retired on the wall. It got beat up too fast so it was time.

billmh
Feb 14 2007, 10:39 PM
Today, the short downhill #5 at Yucaipa Regional. Wasn't that great a shot on a hole that practically begs to be deuced, looked like I was going to sail long and left. Glanced off of the eucalyptus 10' in front of the basket and went straight into the chains and stuck. Better lucky than good sometimes.

Could as well be an entry in a "Why I play disc golf" thread. Some other things in life not going that well, figured I'd get a round in on my off day before a couple of weighty matters that needed attention. One good (lucky) shot and things get a bit brighter.

Sometimes it's all about throwing something out there and letting gravity and the winds work their magic.

rizbee
Feb 15 2007, 04:39 PM
Ooooooooooooooooo...an ace on that scary little downhill hole. Way to go, Bill!!!!!!!!

channelz
Mar 12 2007, 04:38 PM
My favorite of 21 aces was in 1999. I got teamed up in random draw doubles with Barry Schultz, Friday before the Mad City Open. We shot a temp course and I aced a 250 foot tunnel shot. We won the doubles by one stroke....

dgdave
Mar 13 2007, 09:14 PM
I have 2 faves

Hole 8 McClure in Tulsa, Ok. Its my longest at 405 ft. it actually flew the way I pictured it in my head. only one with my dad there to.

2005 octoberfriz. hole 15 at the ocean. its a totally blind shot. a giant row of hay bails blocking the basket. when I hit it I thought it was someone else putting on another hole. one guy in my group got excited and I said no way. we walked around the hay bails and it was sitting in the basket. it was my only tourney ace and won me $100!!

BJones
Mar 15 2007, 11:46 PM
My favorite ace was my first. 9/6/06, playing a round before a mini. It was here at our home course, 378 slight downhill (plays about 360). I threw a Star Teebird with a slght anhyzer angle and it flexed back right into the right side of the chains. I didn't know what to say at first. Out of all the holes here at our course, that one was very low on my list to be my first one aced. It has been awhile since I have hit metal, hoping for number 3 soon. I want a putter ace pretty badly.

jfsheffield
Mar 16 2007, 12:30 AM
I've had many aces but my favorite was made by a friend of mine, Steve Waters. Summer doubles, old hole #15 at the UNC Chapel Hill course. This was about a 230' hole, woods on both sides (40' wide fairway) and then it opens up after 200' and the basket is up to right 30' out in the open and 20' to the right (up a slight hill) off of the tree line. Steve pulls out his beat Z-Predator, takes no time at all and hucks a high thumber that rises above the top of the pine trees; it curls towards the basket, hits the ground two feet to left and bounces off the ground into the basket, classic. I started practicing my thumbers after that.

kostar
Mar 16 2007, 01:53 PM
Two weeks ago. 282 up hill Blind. Grip locked it. As im walking off the pad i hear a ching, but thought is was a hard putt. As i walk up the fairway Kirk Yoo is like : nice ace Kozak.

drmontei
Mar 16 2007, 02:47 PM
last year hole 13 at reedy creek in the short position. it is a blind righty anhyzer at 300'. threw my shot, heard chains, then the sixsome in front walking off the hole started all clapping together.

JRauch
Mar 16 2007, 03:33 PM
I've had many aces but my favorite was made by a friend of mine, Steve Waters. Summer doubles, old hole #15 at the UNC Chapel Hill course. This was about a 230' hole, woods on both sides (40' wide fairway) and then it opens up after 200' and the basket is up to right 30' out in the open and 20' to the right (up a slight hill) off of the tree line. Steve pulls out his beat Z-Predator, takes no time at all and hucks a high thumber that rises above the top of the pine trees; it curls towards the basket, hits the ground two feet to left and bounces off the ground into the basket, classic. I started practicing my thumbers after that.

My friend hit his second tournament ace in 3 tournaments with a thumber bounce in. It was on the 3rd hole of a 3 round tournament and I just happened to be playing with him. I would have been mad if we hadn't got first and second place in that tournament.

DGBAMA92
Mar 16 2007, 05:54 PM
My favorite has to be at the Poison Ivy Open at Bear Creek in Grand Prarie , TX. First Round on Hole #5 ( the pond hole - Full of water by the way ) Long Tee Pad with pin positioned next to Pond about 320 ft away. If it missed the basket its wet. The Ace Pot was at $2600 ( Three others aced ). Still brought home $650. I was the first ace of the tourney, Praying no one else hits it. lol :D/msgboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

opereida
Mar 16 2007, 11:07 PM
My favorite Ace is not my furthest but definetely the best timing. In Live Oak, TX we hold a Civilian/Military Disc Golf Tournament and we (Disc Golfers) show the sport basics to Military Personnel E-6 and below. After we spent around 20 minutes showing them the fundamentals of disc golf, we went to a hole and they all had a CTP for a prize. After they all threw, the disc golfers threw at the same basket. I get up to the Tee Box and let it go....ACE!!! :eek: There had to be more than 60 witnesses that saw my Ace. I had it signed by everyone there and have it hanging on my wall. :)

twoods14862
Apr 05 2007, 11:44 AM
2000 Worlds Tabogin course, i had just come off what used to be hole 1 &amp; 2 (now 17, 18) &amp; had alittle bit of some bad luck . My girlfriend at the time was cadding for me &amp; I said "I need this to go in!" She takes my disc (won from Don Houseman) gives it a KISS for good luck 7 BAM ! 503 ft. ace.Now that disc is on the wall &amp; that ace is called "the kiss" By the way I married that girl &amp; am still getting lucky !

DSproAVIAR
Apr 05 2007, 12:00 PM
Wow nice shot. That is quite the ace. Are you coming back to play it this year when it will be used for 2 rounds of the DGLO?

twoods14862
Apr 05 2007, 02:06 PM
Thanks D S no GLO because IN.summer series (Circus City) falls on the same date again, &amp; our IN. usdgc bid is awarded to summer series winner. I'm not sure if thats a good thing for everyone 8 events? However I WILL be up for some casual between glo &amp; am nat. Hope to throw with you sometime.

DSproAVIAR
Apr 05 2007, 02:42 PM
You got a PM!

Apr 05 2007, 04:50 PM
My favorite ace will be the one that actually sticks when Coda Hatfield is walking by..... I am still [censored] off about that basket @ Porter.

gilbuddy
Apr 05 2007, 05:30 PM
Last year there were a couple of cool fund-raiser tournies for the Beaver State Fling NT. One of them was played using the Modified Stableford scoring system. In that system, a birdie is worth 2 points and an ace is worth 5 points.

The leader had parked the final hole of the first round, and the birdie would have put him 5 points ahead of me. So I said, "Well, I think I'll go ahead and ace this last hole and just tie everything up." Sure enough, it goes in.

A couple of weeks later, during one of my rounds at the Beaver State Fling, a course marshall walks up to me and hands me an envelope full of money. It was from the ace-pot that I forgot to get. I don't know if there is anything questionable about getting an envelope full of money during a tourney round, but the look on my card-mates was priceless!

mbohn
Apr 05 2007, 05:56 PM
My last round 2005 Am worlds at Flagstaff at Thorpe, hole 10 my third tournament ace, ..... I wanted to have at least one good round, and had proceeded to blow it, get a double and a single bogie after getting five pars in a row. I then shanked my next drive and had about a 120 foot shot through a narrow slot in some thick trees, and nailed the birdie. next, I had a huge drive, and almost bidied the hardest hole on the course (9), I was so jacked up on adrenaline after that I pretty much ran to the next tee, and as my group was still walking up they gave me the go ahead to drive, and I slammed a buzz for a 210' ace on ten. On hole 11, I was still so jacked up I blew my drive, and my approach and then floated in a par save from 100+ feet away. I got par the rest of the way and shot a +1 (55), which was only one of two rounds that I shot that was under 60 for the tourny..... :DLast week I hit hole one to start, and hole 18 to finish at my friends private course weekly! Two in a day and walked away with some extra cash! That was my 52nd ace since I started in 1996.... I love this game!

grateful24655
Apr 05 2007, 11:38 PM
Last year about this time I hit my 16th ace at the ECU course in Greenville, NC. Hole thirteen is my fav hole ever, straight slightly downhill. When I straight I mean straight. It's a 10 foot wide fairway on a 270' hole, lined on both sides by 40 ft pines. Beautiful hole, gotten it another time since then.

JRauch
Apr 10 2007, 10:54 PM
At BG a few weeks ago. Kid I went down with hits dead center of chains on his first holes of the tourney, hole one at kerieakes, and it pops out. He tells me about it a few hole later. I started on hole three so nearing the end of my round step up to tee on hole one. I think to myself, this would be awesome to hit this hole, and I did. We had played the maceman doubles the day before so when my friend finishes the round,and before I told him, he is walking in Maceman says something like, "it was too bad your ace run fell out but at least your partner's stuck!!"

dave25926
Apr 10 2007, 11:25 PM
At BG ams also. I was on top card of A pool and with 4 holes to go I ace hole 15 at whites to put me in the final 9. If it wasnt for the ace I wouldnt of been in the final 9.

I was in the same group as Gaige. That was a great start to bg ams. The worst thing about it is that he missed the putt. Both of you guys did good. Good Times!!

he JRauch did you get you ace money in the mail yet?

JRauch
Apr 11 2007, 02:44 PM

No, did you?

dave25926
Apr 11 2007, 08:33 PM

No, did you?

I was hoping you did.

TimMirabal
Apr 16 2007, 12:11 AM
My faviorite ace had to be the one i hit today it wasnt a long one only 256' but a difficult hole . Thier was a group of about 13 people watching i loved it and what made it even better was hitting an ace yesterday so 2 days 2aceswhat are the chances.

rizbee
Apr 16 2007, 01:18 AM
Hey - I had one today too!! My first ever ace at Morley Field, after playing there for a few years now. Hole #16, B position, 240 ft. straight shot - FLX Buzz. Morley was as packed as usual so there was a pretty large crowd to see it.

But I still lost the bag-tag round to my son...

JIO
Apr 16 2007, 12:19 PM
During a tournament there was an extra hole with a mini basket on it about 130 feet away. The player with the lowest overall score on the hole for both rounds would win $20.

I plucked out an Innova rubber mini and letter rip. All I wanted was to park it, but when I let it go I knew I had thrown it too hard ... yet the flight looked perfect. It was a fast, nearly line drive with a slight hyzer that almost knocked that basket off of the cooler it was sitting on. CHING! Freaking beautiful ace.

So now I step up to the same hole during the next round and that time I drove with a bit less power and parked it 5 feet away from the basket. I missed the 5 foot putt. *sigh*
But I still won the $20 with the total score of 4.

TheGatewayKid
Apr 17 2007, 06:02 AM
maybe a few months after the 2006 bowling green ams when gateway gave out those budweiser stamp red elements, i took this, a sabre and a wizard out to hobson grove park in bowling green. so i show up at the course to meet kevin rarick to play a round or two. so while he's putting and standing directly behind 10's basket, i just randomly step up, with sunscreen all over my hands and bury a super rubbery element right in his **** face. funniest of all is that kevin had just recently been sponsored by gateway and looked as if he was on the verge of tears. the fact that some stupid low life INNOVA golfer blew the chains up right in his mouth with some random gateway disc just absolutely made my day.

sorry kevin but you deserved it.

TheGatewayKid
Apr 19 2007, 05:26 AM
back to back aces today at my home course. i guess that's worth mentioning. four aces within 6 days with this new gateway stuff.

bravo
Apr 19 2007, 05:16 PM
does anyone out there know of two aces during the same round of a pdga tourney at any level? a tulsa local{marq lewis} has done it this year hitting #5 and #17 at duncan lake hillclimber. #5 was his first ever tourny ace then followed that up with #2 tourny ace on #17.

mbohn
Apr 19 2007, 06:51 PM
I read a small story in the on-tour section of the disc glof world mag, about a guy who got two on Saturday and two on sunday in the same tournament for a total of four. I can't remember the name at the moment....

mbohn
Apr 19 2007, 07:01 PM
Oh! I also know that Ernie Valdez #6998 got two in the same day at the 2005 NorCal series Championships at New Hogan reservior. I think it was hole #8 and #15

cbdiscpimp
Apr 19 2007, 11:15 PM
I hit a 320 ft Thumber Ace today with a 174 Z Flick!!! My 1st Thumber Ace and I hadnt had an ace in over a year and a half!!!

Oh it was over water too!!! No skip either!!!

DSproAVIAR
Apr 20 2007, 10:43 AM
I read a small story in the on-tour section of the disc glof world mag, about a guy who got two on Saturday and two on sunday in the same tournament for a total of four. I can't remember the name at the moment....

The LEGEND Dave Kociuba. 4 aces at Michiana 05. I think 2 of them were consecutive.

Big E
Apr 20 2007, 10:50 AM
I aced Bear Creek #12 with a Aviar at 8 this morning:D:D:D:D:DI always liked thought this would be a great day:D:D:D:DIts a easy ace but with a putter any ace feels great. Big hizer over the creek maybe 250' dont know maybe shorter!

mbohn
Apr 20 2007, 01:02 PM
Thats It!

Yes the first day he hit back to back aces... He ended up 40th or something in Adv. but hey who cares when you hit 4 aces and make a record that will probably never be broken :D