Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Dec 28 2006, 12:57 PM
The first official meeting of the Funkytown Flyers Club will be held 01-04-07. Topics of discussion will include

Bag Tag and Club Dues- $$$$
Interests of active members
Establishing membership guidelines and responsibilities
Funds generated and their allocation
Merchandise
Consistant income coming in.

Come one and come all, this is the ground floor , do you want to be involved ?

Time and location to be announced .

PM me or e-mail [email protected] for more details !

Dec 28 2006, 05:43 PM
btw- putt night tonight

Dec 29 2006, 12:35 AM
great weather and nobody shows. what gives?

Dec 29 2006, 12:10 PM
Texas Grill on Camp Bowie, has a car club meet there every month. They have a small section for 20 or 25 people.

Dec 29 2006, 12:37 PM
that could work!

keithjohnson
Dec 29 2006, 03:54 PM
just as a helping thought...
if you do meet there (or whatever restaurant you choose)
talk to the manager about getting discounts on food and beverages for each of your meetings(helps if you make them same time each month(and on mondays which are usually their slowest night) as you can get more people to come to the meetings and the restaurant gets steady patronage and is usually willing to help sponsors your events...

good luck to you and happy new year!

keith

Dec 29 2006, 04:57 PM
Good advise keith, thak you!

Dec 29 2006, 05:00 PM
I was there

Dec 29 2006, 05:04 PM
I think it is great that the locals out at Z-boaz want to form an organization. I am all 4 it. I would like to help as much as I can.

Dec 29 2006, 05:33 PM
Be there next thursday

keithjohnson
Dec 30 2006, 12:36 AM
Good advise keith, thak you!

no reason we can't all help each other out..
that's what this board is for...
someone, somewhere has already done what most of us are thinking of doing so if we share what works and what doesn't it benefits us all!

keith

cgflesner
Dec 30 2006, 10:23 AM
Can't wait for a club in FunkyTown.

VPO WAS TURNED IN!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
MAYBEE I WILL HIT 1000 AND SOMEBODY WILL SPONSOR ME. :D

Pogis
Dec 30 2006, 12:39 PM
Yeah it was turned in but no ratings for it yet...... :( Oh well.

Dec 30 2006, 02:03 PM
For the meeting I am thinking that Railhead BBQ might be a good spot . I am going to talk with them this afternoon.

cgflesner
Dec 31 2006, 10:34 AM
Yeah it was turned in but no ratings for it yet...... :( Oh well.

you have to wait for the next rating update silly. :p

Pogis
Dec 31 2006, 11:15 AM
I know that :p. I was simply saying that it was'nt going to be here right away. All i wanted for christmas besides my 2 front teeth were my vpo ratings.....tear.....

colin-evans
Dec 31 2006, 02:13 PM
Sometimes they have another ratings update right after the new year... now if we can get B. James to get Mr. Jims ratings in..... Get your pizza dough made and get my ratings in ... not that they are all that whoopie...

Jan 02 2007, 11:19 AM
It's almost Thursday, r u boys and girls ready?

Jan 02 2007, 12:45 PM
Ready! I'm assuming no putting on that night?

Jan 02 2007, 12:58 PM
That was last week. Remember when nobody showed up!

Jan 03 2007, 10:40 AM
O-tay, here is what is going down so far......

Thursday night the 4th, @ 7 P.M. will be the first meeting of the Funkytown Flyers Club. The location will be @ Goose's house.

From what I understand there is PLENTY of parking and room for us to do our thang. Also, I do believe that Goose has a make shift pitch and putt course next door for after meeting schenanigans .... I will post directions as soon as I have them.
This will be your ONLY opportunity to become a charter member of the Funkytown Flyers Club. Any memberships taken after this meeting will not be able to boast " CHARTER MEMBER STATUS " <--- INSERT OOHH'S AND AAAHH'S HERE :D

This will also be your first opportunity to purchase the 2007 Funkytown bag tag's . In the interest of being fair, tags one thru ten will not be sold , untill we have our first mini. After that mini the highest issued tags will be
replaced with 1-10, to keep things fair, and the complaining to a minimum .

Funkytown Flyers Club annual dues will be 10 dollars, and the bag tag's will sell for 20 dollars.

What does membership have to offer : Simple , with your membership you have a voice. You ( if you see fit ) can play an active role in all club decisions.

All revenue's generated from dues and bag tag sales will directly benefit the club and it's members. The monies will be allocated as the club see's fit. Secondly, in regards to the monies generated, due paying members will always be informed and aware of all earnings, savings, and expendatures. There will not be an opportunity for any confusion in regards to " where the money went " . That I promise.

So, come on out, let your voice be heard. The revolution has begun, are you in or out ?????

Welcome to the new era of DISC GOLF IN THE METROPLEX.

Jan 03 2007, 12:37 PM
Directions : West loop 820 exit chapin road ( by the auto dealerships ) . Eastbound on Chapin aprox 10-12 street's to Bendale Rd. Southbound on Bendale Rd. 3900 Bendale is the address. Park on the side of the house, there will be plenty of room . You can also access Chapin road from the traffic circle off of 377. Call me for more details , or if you get lost . 817-715-9110

For all you IT savvy guys and gals the physical address is
3900 bendale rd
benbrook , tx 76116

Jan 03 2007, 02:19 PM
:D

cgflesner
Jan 04 2007, 11:11 AM
10 more hours untill I get my Ft Worth bag tag!! :D

Jan 04 2007, 11:36 AM
This is true....
Those whom plan on attending , you may want to bring a
chair of some sort. Goose only has 12.

If there are any questions regarding tonights meeting or if you need directions , please call me 817-715-9110

Looking forward to seeing all the Funkytowners tonight !

Pogis
Jan 04 2007, 11:53 AM
Yehaw!!

Jan 04 2007, 12:01 PM
Indeed !

Jan 04 2007, 02:59 PM
Directions from the mighty Z . 377 North approx. 2mi. Veer left at 1st light onto Williams Rd. (across intersection from Pulidos) Turn left at 4 way stop onto Chapin Rd. approx 2mi. Take left onto Bendale (just before the bottom of hill) Go all the way down, past the stop, on the right. Park on grass by big bushes. (or wherever)

From Camp Bowie West(HWY 80) Turn South onto Slade Rd. across from Panchos, next to Mikes Auto Parts. Slade becomes Bendale. Go all the way down to end.

If you are still having trouble call me @ 817-996-8808

Jan 04 2007, 05:32 PM
Almost time boys and girls!

Pogis
Jan 04 2007, 06:02 PM
I do believe that Goose has a make shift pitch and putt course next door for after meeting schenanigans ....

Need another basket for these shenanigans you speak of?

Jan 04 2007, 06:50 PM
IT COULD NOT HURT !

Pogis
Jan 04 2007, 07:47 PM
IT COULD NOT HURT !

I beg to differ. It weighs 40 pounds in all. If dropped on a foot it could put someone out for a while. Never underestimate the basket Lee, never underestimate......

Jan 04 2007, 07:55 PM
My basket bites the big one, so you might want it!

seewhere
Jan 04 2007, 09:30 PM
sounds like the FTF's have their first club assignment get a good basket for putting on meeting night :eek: :D

Jan 05 2007, 02:07 AM
one day soon my man, one day soon :D

Jan 05 2007, 11:09 AM
WOW!!!!!!!
There were 32 in attendance @ the first meeting last night . Most impressive was the 540 dollars generated in
bagtag sales and membership fee's. WOW!

One thing that I know for sure that we identified was a STRONG passion for disc golf amongst the group. We also identified that majority of the current members want to see disc golf moving forward. Focus and unity will be the catylist that get's that ball rolling .

Thank you to everybody that made it out . I would like to extend my personal appreciation to Jeff Davis, Brian Mace, and Jason Chamberlain. Your presence last night was appreciated , and your combined experience alone will help make this club all that it could be , AWESOME . As far as the other MEMBERS in attendance, way to go guys, you have officially taken the step out of the local parking lot @ z-boaz , and become involved . Thank you!!! This has been a long time coming ,and I am glad to see that it is here !

We identified a lot of strong resources that we have available to assist in our efforts , via club membership.
Lets all keep a positive attitude , and make this happen.
We have a great head start with this project. Let's keep it going ! :D

Lee-

lauranovice
Jan 05 2007, 11:27 AM
Thank you, Goose, for hosting 32 people in your home.
Thank you, Lee, for getting this started and presiding over the first meeting of this group.
It is exciting to see what the future holds and to see all those committed to the betterment of disc golf.

Jan 05 2007, 11:34 AM
Second... Thank you laura.
Ian was a very good little boy last night !

vinnie
Jan 05 2007, 11:58 AM
GREAT NEWS!
Don't let it die!
If you all didn't already....set some goals and time lines to complete

Jan 05 2007, 12:33 PM
So Vinnie, you coming up for the committe meeting next thursday ? We will be outlining our articles of incorpiration.

Jan 05 2007, 12:39 PM
Lee, where is that meeting going to be held at.

Jan 05 2007, 12:46 PM
Thursday night @ z-boaz . It will correspond with putt night . THanks for coming last night !
I heard you were the first bag tag victim...

Jan 05 2007, 12:57 PM
Miles (the Natural) Seaborn put a whoopin on me putting on Goose's janky-arse basket. I went from #12 to #18.

vinnie
Jan 05 2007, 12:59 PM
Thats a wee bit of a drive for me......but it sounds like yah are doin a good thing

Jan 05 2007, 12:59 PM
" The Natural " , I like that .
Too bad he has yet to play a round with the discboomer! :D

lauranovice
Jan 05 2007, 01:00 PM
Everything, well most everything, you have posted recently was foremost on my mind while at the meeting last night. If you can't make it to Fort Worth physically, I am sure your spirit will continue to make it here.

Jan 05 2007, 01:02 PM
Thats a wee bit of a drive for me......but it sounds like yah are doin a good thing

WE are doing good things !

Jan 05 2007, 01:06 PM
I cant say this enough...
FOCUS and POOLING OUR RESOURCES are going to be the 2 key things that make this happen. At times, last night almost got a little out of hand. But it all stemmed from good intentions. Some of the better things I heard were very simple. This will be work, and we will have to fight to make this happen. I am looking forward to it!
The ball is rolling .
The bagtag's are on the street .
Soon we will spread accross the metroplex like the FLU!

GLOBAL DOMINATION HERE WE COME :p

vinnie
Jan 05 2007, 01:06 PM
I was hoping my last year's decision to myself to make Texas Disc Golf GREAT haunts all disc golfer in Texas. We all work together and we will be the greatest state of disc golf

Jan 05 2007, 01:17 PM
As we should be .

" Come on people now, smile on your brother. Everybody get together, try and love one another , right now "

lauranovice
Jan 05 2007, 01:42 PM
If nothing else, Texas disc golfers must be the ones that break into song the most often...My-Hero, Pat, now Lee.
Do we have a Texas disc golf choral group yet?
Maybe they just "sound" better on the board :D

Jan 05 2007, 01:56 PM
I sound best in the shower!
2nd best on the MB.

Funkytown Boys Choir n.e.body?

my_hero
Jan 05 2007, 02:37 PM
I'd like to join. Is there a membership form online?

Also, as discussed before with some of the new members, i'm willing to sell Discraft products to 'THE CLUB' at cost plus shipping/insurance. :eek:

Jan 05 2007, 02:47 PM
I will be @ the PIO sunday, taking membership dues (10 doll hairs ) and bagtags will also be available ( 20 doll hairs )

Pogis
Jan 05 2007, 04:38 PM
Miles (the Natural) Seaborn put a whoopin on me putting on Goose's janky-arse basket. I went from #12 to #18.

The Natural huh? Well call me what you like, on second thought, dont call me what you like. :D And Lee, we should play a round after the clean up on sunday. Then we will see who the real Discboomer is! ;)

Jan 05 2007, 09:58 PM
Look out!!!! The new kid has some talent and a mouth to along with it. Gotta love it

Pogis
Jan 06 2007, 03:20 AM
I really dont try to boast, seriously. I just like to poke fun everynow and then. I still have a lot of learning to do before I am able to compete with the big guns. I am working on it though. I have decided to make the Z boaz open my open debut. We will see how it goes!

Jan 06 2007, 12:06 PM

The Natural huh? Well call me what you like, on second thought, dont call me what you like. :D And Lee, we should play a round after the clean up on sunday. Then we will see who the real Discboomer is! ;)

Bring it !

But I will not be @ the Z on Sunday. I will be out @ PIO.

Jan 06 2007, 01:00 PM
will be at the Z on sun afternoon, hope to get all trash to the parking lot, then I will take yer # 12 /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Jan 06 2007, 01:05 PM
all funkytown flyers are invited to casa de goose for my b-day party tonight at 8:00 or whenever. keg! :D

Pogis
Jan 06 2007, 01:36 PM
Take my 12 huh? We shall see, we shall see. And Lee. I will be gone all this week and for next weeks mini. So we will have to reschedual our little bragging rights round.

On another note. Is hole 4 getting moved back with all the rest? I really like it in the short location. Just my .02

Jan 06 2007, 01:42 PM
On another note. Is hole 4 getting moved back with all the rest? I really like it in the short location. Just my .02

I figured somebody that boast's 550' on flat ground would have no problems with the long pin. :D

As far as the placement , it will move around the time for
Big Show.

Jan 06 2007, 02:19 PM
will be at the Z on sun afternoon, hope to get all trash to the parking lot, then I will take yer # 12 /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I think when it is all said and done, the Natural will have the #69 bag tag. Goose, all you have to do is get into a religous conversation with the Natural and his game will go south quickly.

Pogis
Jan 06 2007, 02:31 PM
Haha. That wont bother me. Bring it on! And as for 550 on flat ground, hole 12 at the vet in the long location is 568. I pin highed it in the VPO. Have the witnesses too. Jeff davis was one of them. To bad it was 120 feet to the right. Would have made a nice birdie! But other then that throw I havent been able to get over the 550 mark again...... oh well. One day!

Jan 06 2007, 03:02 PM
3 discs, 2 gloves, and 6 beers left @ casa de goose on thurs. i will keep the discs and gloves in my car 4 return, beer has been consumed. Chris, i owe you one...... that was a good beer! Also 2 coolers.

Jan 06 2007, 03:53 PM
I personally can't understand why every basket has to be in the long for every mini. i do understand that some have to be long to keep the ace pot challenging, but not all.

Pogis
Jan 06 2007, 06:11 PM
I personally can't understand why every basket has to be in the long for every mini. i do understand that some have to be long to keep the ace pot challenging, but not all.

Yeah. Hole 1,3,5,6,9 need to be long. No brainer. But I dont see 2 and 4 having to be long. yes 2 is aceable in short, but if you ace it. You deserve that pot. I have run a few past 4s basket in short. But still a HUGE ace if its hit.The back 9 I could care less, they all seem about the same to me wherever they are. I guess I am just saying I like the idea of changing it up once eveyr month or so. Not leavig every pin in same location for 3 to 4 months. Gets old.

Jan 07 2007, 08:56 PM
big thanks to marty, stacia, justin troy, jon hart, dodson for cleaning up the back of the z. thanks to tim for bringing his truck. nice to play the back without overflowing trash all over. miles & goose -9 in doubles! /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Jan 08 2007, 10:51 AM
Way to go guys.
Did you find any empty trash cans ? I had a hard time finding some when I was cleaning up on Saturday.

Jan 08 2007, 03:26 PM
For those interested , Funkytown Flyers Club is currently taking new members. For info contact

Lee " discboomer " Letts
817-715-9110
[email protected]

m_conners
Jan 08 2007, 05:44 PM
PJ was telling me about this new club but when he told me I thought he said FunkyTown Friars Disc Golf Club. FunkyTown Flyers sounds much better :D

BTW: I plan on membering up at either Cedar Hill or Z-boaz.

Jan 08 2007, 06:00 PM
BTW: I plan on membering up at either Cedar Hill or Z-boaz.

DISCLAIMER : THIS IS NOT A Z-BOAZ CLUB
ironically enough , majority of the efforts of the club will be put right back into z-boaz, for now!

Too bad you could not make it this weekend. We missed ya
roosterbreath!

Jan 09 2007, 02:32 AM
hey lee, wootang and AG were both looking for you to sign up.

my_hero
Jan 09 2007, 09:57 AM
ironically enough , majority of the efforts of the club will be put right back into z-boaz, for now!

Is that b/c Funky Town only has 1 course? :DLee, You forgot to hand me my form at the PIO. I'll get it from you Sunday, or the next time our paths cross.

Jan 09 2007, 10:58 AM
hey lee, wootang and AG were both looking for you to sign up.

Ok, boys and girls. The best time to hook up with the discboomer is either going to be Thursday night for Putt Night/ Committe Meeting , or sunday @ the mini.

PLEASE DO NOT FORGET WE ARE HAVING A MAJOR WORK DAY @ Z-BOAZ ON SATURDAY, 10 A.M. IT IS TIME TO FLIP 16, AND IT NEEDS TO HAPPEN B4 THE OPEN! IF ANYBODY NEEDS INFO ABOUT THIS CALL ME !

Jan 09 2007, 11:01 AM
Is that b/c Funky Town only has 1 course? :DLee, You forgot to hand me my form at the PIO. I'll get it from you Sunday, or the next time our paths cross.

Technically, funkytown is a state of mind, not a city limits thing......... And we proudly boast eagle ranch and saginaw within our domain :D:D<- Hard to type that with a straight face. John, we shall hook up sooner or later. I probably will not make it to A-Town this week. Perhaps I might c u @ z-boaz on sunday ( hint , hint )

Jan 09 2007, 11:27 AM
:D:o

johnrock
Jan 09 2007, 11:54 AM
Why don't they rotate more frequently?

Our rotation system goes like this: (18 holes, 2 pin placements per hole)One month all short, one month half long/half short, one month all long, one month half & half again. Four month rotation schedule, only moving 9 baskets a month.

cgflesner
Jan 09 2007, 12:10 PM
Because somebody likes to protect his aces.

We don't ever get to use the short tee on 18 even when we play the shorts on thur. I think that it is our money and it is there to be hit. Something needs to change. :confused:

my_hero
Jan 09 2007, 12:10 PM

Our rotation system goes like this: (18 holes, 2 pin placements per hole)One month all short, one month half long/half short, one month all long, one month half & half again. Four month rotation schedule, only moving 9 baskets a month.

My thoughts are b/c then aces would actually get hit. :eek:

cgflesner
Jan 09 2007, 12:11 PM
Beat you to it. :p

Jan 09 2007, 12:11 PM

We do not run the mini's @ z-boaz.
We assist the individual whom runs the mini's .
It is not really our call. :(

my_hero
Jan 09 2007, 12:13 PM

We don't ever get to use the short tee on 18 even when we play the shorts on thur. I think that it is our money and it is there to be hit. Something needs to change. :confused:

Looks like we are in agreement. :D

Jan 09 2007, 12:15 PM

THat makes 3 of us !
I do not understand what is so wrong with hitting an ace?

What is going to bring more people out ?
Huge ace pot that is hard to hit , or smaller ace pot on holes you can hit..........

**** an interesting topic.

Do people want the ace b/c it's an ace , or the money?

Jan 09 2007, 12:17 PM
That is one thing where the ADGA is strong . I do not agree with the members only aspect, but having backups for the ace pot is a great idea. 750 hit this week, 500 next week.
Its going to keep people coming out and playing the mini's

my_hero
Jan 09 2007, 12:19 PM

Our rotation system goes like this: (18 holes, 2 pin placements per hole)One month all short, one month half long/half short, one month all long, one month half &amp; half again. Four month rotation schedule, only moving 9 baskets a month.

THat makes 3 of us !
I do not understand what is so wrong with hitting an ace?

What is going to bring more people out ?
Huge ace pot that is hard to hit , or smaller ace pot on holes you can hit..........

**** an interesting topic.

Do people want the ace b/c it's an ace , or the money?

You'd see a lot more people if the ace pot was $500ish and there were 14 aceable holes as oppossed to $2000 and 4-6 difficult runs

Jan 09 2007, 12:21 PM
Agreed .
But it is not my call.
Remember when you would see in the ballpark of 35-45 people
at z-boaz on a sunday... That was fun.
I want those days back!

cgflesner
Jan 09 2007, 12:39 PM
Impeachment. LOL. :o

lauranovice
Jan 09 2007, 12:39 PM
I remember the days when EVERYONE was at Veteran's Park on Sunday morning then meet out at Z-Boaz a couple hours later, playing both minis then a round of doubles after that. There was an AVERAGE of 50 people at both.
Ahhhhh, the good ol' days.
Even though I'm not at any mini these days (I'll be back), I feel it would be much, much better if the baskets were rotated more often (at both courses). If the baskets are rotated often, it makes for a more fun, different challenge every time, not the same old unreachable goal.

Jan 09 2007, 12:45 PM
Impeachment. LOL. :o

:eek:

Jan 09 2007, 12:48 PM
I remember the days when EVERYONE was at Veteran's Park on Sunday morning then meet out at Z-Boaz a couple hours later, playing both minis then a round of doubles after that. There was an AVERAGE of 50 people at both.
Even though I'm not at any mini these days (I'll be back), I feel it would be much, much better if the baskets were rotated more often (at both courses). If the baskets are rotated often, it makes for a more fun, different challenge every time, not the same old unreachable goal.

Lets see what we can do to change that .
Possibly facilitate some side action on stroke count between both mini's . Low score for the day, has a little something coming to them on the side. I am sure there are peeps out there that would throw in an extra buck for something like that. IT WOULD PROMOTE UNITY BETWEEN THE COURSES.

Jan 09 2007, 01:25 PM
unity is key

jefferson
Jan 09 2007, 01:29 PM
uniTTy is key

agreed

Jan 09 2007, 01:32 PM

Lets see what we can do to change that .
Possibly facilitate some side action on stroke count between both mini's . Low score for the day, has a little something coming to them on the side. I am sure there are peeps out there that would throw in an extra buck for something like that. IT WOULD PROMOTE UNITY BETWEEN THE COURSES.

I would be in on that for sure.

maceman
Jan 09 2007, 02:01 PM
It is funny how when these ace pots are growing that this doesn't come up, only when the ace pot goes over $1000 then people start talking about there being no ace runs and we need to change that.

The Sunday Mini at Z Boaz has always been about playing the long and tough layout. That is how the ace gets pot gets that big. The ace pot got big running at the course the way it is, and somebody is only protecting that not "his ace pot".

It speaks to the degree of difficulty at a course when an ace pot can consistently get over the $1000 mark over the years. Z Boaz was designed and installed with a degree of difficulty such as that in mind. It is not supposed to be easy. It is definitely not about being a birdie contest or an ace fest. It is about playing tough and teaching players to deal with it. There is so much more behind it then it appears on the surface.

All of the people that play Z Boaz regularly will perform better at other courses because of the things they deal with regularly when they play Z Boaz. As a result of this degree of difficulty it is not easy to hit ace's which leads to big ace pots.

Pogis
Jan 09 2007, 02:14 PM
I agree with that Brian. I prefer the longer harder holes. However, all I would like to see is the course get changed up a little. Change up the holes that dont really effect the ace run. I just get tired of the same layout month after month to be honest.

cgflesner
Jan 09 2007, 02:36 PM
It is funny how about 10 people are complaining about the setup and you direct that twards me.

Jan 09 2007, 03:04 PM
peanut butter and crack sandwich- mmmmmmmmmm

I laugh @ cgf's avtar every time !

my_hero
Jan 09 2007, 03:19 PM
I want an ace after every throw from a tee pad. I also want a larger mixing stick to stir this cauldron with. :D

lauranovice
Jan 09 2007, 03:24 PM
I just want to play

Jan 09 2007, 03:49 PM
" I want a party with room's full of laughter, 10 million ton's of ice crrream, and if I dont get these thing's I am after, I'm going to SCREAM " - Veruca Salt ( no not the band you donkey)

m_conners
Jan 09 2007, 04:53 PM
Yo Yo Yo!!

How much to member up to FFC? Are there yearly dues? Can you opt for a lifetime membership?

Jan 09 2007, 05:19 PM
you guys want to hit some aces....come out to Crowley and play the blues

lauranovice
Jan 09 2007, 05:20 PM
my only ace ! :cool:

maceman
Jan 09 2007, 07:13 PM
I was just replying to your "somebody is protecting his ace pot" statement. Other than that I was responding to everyone.

Jan 09 2007, 08:02 PM
$10 per year, $50 per for okies! ;)

Jan 09 2007, 08:08 PM
some of the holes @ the Z do get changed fairly regularly, just not ones that are easy like 1, 3, 5, 6, 7 is f'ed up, 8 is f'ed up, 11 in mid., 13, 14

peanut
Jan 10 2007, 03:54 PM
All of the people that play Z Boaz regularly will perform better at other courses because of the things they deal with regularly when they play Z Boaz.

this is the only part of that statement i do not agree with because most courses are not like z-boaz. most courses are more like bear creek. and there is nothing on z-boaz that gets you ready for these birdie courses. not saying that i want z-boaz to be a birdie course but, you already need to be an experienced player to score well out there. you are not going to learn the fundementals of the game that will make you better on other courses. playing z-boaz only makes you better at z-boaz. Plus the pins rarely get moved and it gets real f-ing boring playing the same setup all the time.

peanut
Jan 10 2007, 04:00 PM
some of the holes @ the Z do get changed fairly regularly, just not ones that are easy like 1, 3, 5, 6, 7 is f'ed up, 8 is f'ed up, 11 in mid., 13, 14

hell that is half the holes that don't get moved. what hole gets moved regularly because i play out there..... oh i don't know....just about everyday for the last three years and to say that some pins get moved regularly is FALSE. Once every six months to a year is not regularly.

peanut
Jan 10 2007, 04:10 PM
[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i think it is maces responsibility to rally the troops at z-boaz not the club. z-boaz is maces course not the clubs course. i mean what does the club get out of putting our efforts into z-boaz other than a course that doesn't have piles of trash on every hole. the club isn't here to be the trash service for z-boaz.

my_hero
Jan 10 2007, 04:15 PM
All of the people that play Z Boaz regularly will perform better at other courses because of the things they deal with regularly when they play Z Boaz.

this is the only part of that statement i do not agree with because most courses are not like z-boaz. most courses are more like bear creek. and there is nothing on z-boaz that gets you ready for these birdie courses. not saying that i want z-boaz to be a birdie course but, you already need to be an experienced player to score well out there. you are not going to learn the fundementals of the game that will make you better on other courses. playing z-boaz only makes you better at z-boaz. Plus the pins rarely get moved and it gets real f-ing boring playing the same setup all the time.

PJ you're looking at it wrong. Your second shot at Z-Boaz is like your teeshot at GV. :D

my_hero
Jan 10 2007, 04:18 PM
Before i say what is to follow let me start off by saying Mace is one of my dearest and oldest friends.....

z-boaz is maces course

Z-Boaz belongs to the city of Fort Worth. It's the community's course.

cgflesner
Jan 10 2007, 05:10 PM
That should be news to Brian.

peanut
Jan 10 2007, 10:51 PM

PJ you're looking at it wrong. Your second shot at Z-Boaz is like your teeshot at GV. :D

yah, yah, yah, you're right but that is only if you stay in the fairway. i only say that because so many people get discouraged with their game out at z-boaz and it can be difficult for those who are new to the game.

peanut
Jan 10 2007, 10:53 PM
Before i say what is to follow let me start off by saying Mace is one of my dearest and oldest friends.....

z-boaz is maces course

Z-Boaz belongs to the city of Fort Worth. It's the community's course.

could of fooled me

my_hero
Jan 11 2007, 10:25 AM
Parks

Fort Worh has 228 public parks for a total of 10,743.75 acres of which 9,824.73 acres are developed for active use. Of the 190 active parks, 130 parks were classified as Neighborhood Parks with a total of 1,570.38 acres. The average size is 12.08 acres. The remaining acreage is held in reserve until population growth warrants development.

Click below to find a park near you.

http://www.fortworthgov.org/pacs/info/default.aspx?id=34058&ekmensel=1398_submenu_0_link_5

BTW, Z-Boaz (south) is the last on the list. :D

Jan 11 2007, 10:51 AM
SUre looks like I was sick on the wrong day. Interesting stuff guys !

my_hero
Jan 11 2007, 11:05 AM

Surely you can stir better than that!

Jan 11 2007, 11:25 AM

Surely you can stir better than that!

ur mamma dresses you funny

Jan 11 2007, 11:33 AM
BTW- putt night tonight ( bring your stable putters, it will be windy ) Also we will be having the FFC comittee meeting in conjunction with putt night . If it get's too bad , weather wise , we will probably go to Awful house ( waffle house )

Jan 11 2007, 12:04 PM
How many of the FunkyTown Flyers would like to plan a trip to Shreveport this year to play in the Shreveport Challenge. I assume that it will be in July and it is a 2 day event.

johnrock
Jan 11 2007, 12:10 PM
Brian, Sorry for opening that can of worms. I didn't realize you were still doing so much work at the Z. I can certainly understand where you are coming from about playing the more difficult set-up. That is one of the main reasons we are working on getting our BLUE tees installed. Even though our course here is challenging as it is, some players truely want a more difficult track to push their game more. It's all too easy to get complacent and not think your way through a course if you constantly play an easy Duece-or-Die type course.

Pre-registration is definately the way to go. On another "Tournament Director" note: What are your experiences with early start times? Is an 8:00 Players Meeting too early? Is it worth it to start early to get travelers on the road earlier?

We all enjoyed your last visit, stop by again soon!

Jan 11 2007, 12:10 PM
If you haven't played Ford park before, it is a great course to play. Those of you that can shoot well at Z-Boaz should be able to do the same at Ford Park. It is a great tourney and I think Texas should go and dominate the fields.

Jan 11 2007, 12:32 PM
If you haven't played Ford park before, it is a great course to play. Those of you that can shoot well at Z-Boaz should be able to do the same at Ford Park. It is a great tourney and I think Texas should go and dominate the fields.

I will be there, you know I like that one !

peanut
Jan 11 2007, 02:30 PM
Parks

Fort Worh has 228 public parks for a total of 10,743.75 acres of which 9,824.73 acres are developed for active use. Of the 190 active parks, 130 parks were classified as Neighborhood Parks with a total of 1,570.38 acres. The average size is 12.08 acres. The remaining acreage is held in reserve until population growth warrants development.

Click below to find a park near you.

http://www.fortworthgov.org/pacs/info/default.aspx?id=34058&ekmensel=1398_submenu_0_link_5

BTW, Z-Boaz (south) is the last on the list. :D

funny you should post this. it is a great site and i have been using it already to find a location for a possible disc golf course. if i have to do it myself there will be more courses in fort worth i promise.

Jan 11 2007, 02:36 PM
You will not be alone Peanut . Funkytown has got your back.
There will be new courses in Ft Worth, the real question is how many and how soon????
Tonight's committe meeting is a huge step in the right direction. We are not far from having this club on paper, and ready for action.........

lauranovice
Jan 11 2007, 02:46 PM
Has anyone looked at or thought about Stratford Nature Area/Stratford Park. It is a huge area and a central location.

Jan 11 2007, 03:02 PM
Survey time:

What side of town is in most need of a disc golf course?

I say north side.

gregbrowning
Jan 11 2007, 03:09 PM
Survey time:

What side of town is in most need of a disc golf course?

I say north side.

East side. Como Disc Golf Association, here we come!

lauranovice
Jan 11 2007, 03:26 PM
Como is not on the east side of town, but the Stratford Park/Nature area is. Although, itis close to E Lancaster, it is an area that is not too dangerous to play in, but would possibly be enriched by having disc golfers travel through there.

Jan 11 2007, 03:55 PM
East side would be good. There is that HUGE park that host's the INFAMOUS FT. WOOF dog park. Tons of room and trees in that park. Not sure about elevation or water. It is close to the Trinity , so I am sure that has to be water in there somewhere.

Hey DOC, u coming tonight?

gregbrowning
Jan 11 2007, 04:56 PM
East side would be good. There is that HUGE park that host's the INFAMOUS FT. WOOF dog park. Tons of room and trees in that park. Not sure about elevation or water. It is close to the Trinity , so I am sure that has to be water in there somewhere.

Hey DOC, u coming tonight?

Right now it's 50/50. I'm hoping I can make it, but I don't know if I can get away from work in time.

Jan 11 2007, 05:26 PM
In time? :confused:

We will be there for a while, assuming people show up for putt night :mad:

gregbrowning
Jan 11 2007, 05:59 PM
Yeah. Well, I work at Inwood & Harry Hines, so it's well over an hour to get to the Z during rush hour.

Jan 11 2007, 06:13 PM
Inwood and Harry Hines, I know where DocB likes to go for lunch...........
There are sooo many gentlemen's clubs over there.

F that traffic in the A

gregbrowning
Jan 11 2007, 06:38 PM
Inwood and Harry Hines, I know where DocB likes to go for lunch...........
There are sooo many gentlemen's clubs over there.

On the record, "I have no idea what you are talking about."
:D:D

my_hero
Jan 11 2007, 07:22 PM
I do. Is that a bad thing? :confused: :D

gregbrowning
Jan 11 2007, 07:32 PM
I do. Is that a bad thing? :confused: :D

No, no, no. We're ON THE RECORD here.

Off the record, PM me if you want to know about the lunch specials at The Lodge. :D

lauranovice
Jan 12 2007, 10:13 AM
so what happened last night?

my_hero
Jan 12 2007, 10:43 AM
I think he was talking about happy endings during the lunch hour.

lauranovice
Jan 12 2007, 10:51 AM
I assume they still had the committee meeting last night at Z-Boaz, not at The Lodge.

Jan 12 2007, 11:12 AM
Well to summarise :
PJ was a gigantic man beast puting up high scores in the fiftys to win his second putt night in a row. Most impressive, he came back thru the losers bracket to capture the W.

Flyers Club News : We established that we TRULY are going to be THE FUNKYTOWN FLYERS CLUB, in an uncontested vote.
Secondly , we are looking for club logo's. Submissions due @ the next comittee meeting , they will be voted upon then.
Also, several have taken on the task of drafting the articles of incorporation. All submissions are also due @ the next comittee meeting . During the next meeting we will vote on which aspects of which drafted articles should be in the final copy. We will also be taking nominations for elected officials @ the next meeting .
Official positions will be
Director, co-director, director of treasury , communications director, and activities coordinator.

Please spend the next 2 weeks contemplating your level of involvment with the club. If you wish to run for an official position, please make sure that you are able to commit the time and energy.

The next club meeting will be Thursday the 28th. I will accept club official submissions via e-mail or MB communications for those members that will not be able to attend.

I know these procedures are a little boring , but they are the cornerstone of our club. After this administrative garbage has been taken care of , we will be a fully functionl club ready to donmiate the disc golf scene here in our little corner of the world! Thank you to all whom took an interest last night , and thank you for all the feedback.

Final thought : ( a little Jerry Springer, I know )
For all those whom are considering submission of a logo, THIS IS YOUR CHANCE TO BE THE PARTY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FACE OF THE CLUB. YOUR WORK COULD HELP THE WORLD INDENTIFY WHO WE ARE . THAT IS AWESOME . THIS LOGO WILL BE ON OUR SHIRTS, DISC'S , AND ALL OUR SCHWAG. REPRESENT!

peanut
Jan 12 2007, 02:49 PM
Has anyone looked at or thought about Stratford Nature Area/Stratford Park. It is a huge area and a central location.

stratford is on the list of areas that are going to be checked out along with gateway park and I can't remember the name of the other park off the top of my head but it is also on the east side.

my_hero
Jan 12 2007, 02:54 PM
Gateway park is huge, but so are the "catholic" families that come there for the soccer fields. Some of the roads become impassable during these times.

gregbrowning
Jan 12 2007, 03:22 PM
Gateway park is huge, but so are the "catholic" families that come there for the soccer fields. Some of the roads become impassable during these times.

But think of the sponsorship opportunities for a park with that name. Although it would have to be designed with 18 extreme dogleg holes. :p

my_hero
Jan 12 2007, 03:26 PM
These people might eat dog legs. :D

Jan 12 2007, 03:29 PM
Gateway park is huge, but so are the "catholic" families that come there for the soccer fields.

Funniest post of the day!

I think we are jumping ahead of ourselves. Lets FOCUS on the issues @ hand. PJ- get that logo done you putting machine. Doc, join the club. U2 - hero ! Me , I am busy drafting the articles of incorporation. Baby steps people, baby steps!

my_hero
Jan 12 2007, 03:30 PM
Doc, join the club. U2 - hero !

Still waiting on my form...and my deep fried dog leg. :D

Jan 12 2007, 03:50 PM
No forms yet, just give me your money in exchange for a deep fried dog leg , and a pocket full of lint.
But seriously, one thing we touched base on @ the 1st meeting was focus. Rome was not built in a day.
We need to focus on the foundation of the club . Then expanding our membership, then world domination . Step by step guys.

Also, I am pleased to announce that the next meeting will be catered by the Hero family. On the menu, pork parts and sewer water . Free to all DUES PAYING members! Do not miss
out !

my_hero
Jan 12 2007, 03:52 PM
Rome was not built in a day.

Should've hired more catholics.

Jan 12 2007, 03:54 PM
Rome was not built in a day.

Should've hired more catholics.

How do you say " day work for hire " in Italian?

BIGBUCK
Jan 12 2007, 04:03 PM
[QUOTE]
PJ was a gigantic man beast puting up high scores in the fiftys to win his second putt night in a row. Most impressive, he came back thru the losers bracket to capture the W.

The perfomance was almost Jordan like. Hit the first 4 stations on me and killed some long ones for a 56 to 28 whooping! His over game last night was Titanically SICK !!

Jan 12 2007, 04:07 PM
Titanically SICK, I like that !
It was impressive. 2 times last night he was only 4 putt's away from the record!

Jan 14 2007, 11:14 PM
to all of us who were at the z on sun afternoon, you all have something seriously wrong with you. marty, stacia, eric, lee, dre, allen, allen, and goose.

it was a good time, but we need help!

Jan 15 2007, 11:40 AM
It was quite an afternoon. N.E. body out there that has never played RIPT doubles in sub freezing tempratures, u should check it out sometime! I would like to add one thing ,to all the little sissies that did not make it out yesterday, one of the participants was a FEMALE. She had the balls to play in the ice and freezing rain, whilst you were at home cuddled up next to your mommys teat.
THAT WAS THE MOST FUN I HAVE HAD WITH MY CLOTHES ON IN QUITE SOMETIME! Marty, Stacia, revenge will be mine! :D

Jan 15 2007, 11:59 AM
Also, to anybody out there that is curious about what we should do with all that mulch behind hole 14 , go walk the course today or tomorrow. It will be real obvious !

Jan 15 2007, 05:30 PM
Keepin it funky!

cgflesner
Jan 15 2007, 11:22 PM
U should have been out there today. It rocked!!!!!!!
4-14 degree wind chill with 30mph NW gusts.
When me and Alan got there hole #1 was completly white with ice. :D

Jan 16 2007, 02:28 AM
Lee...any word on the Lewisville tourney?

Jan 16 2007, 10:49 AM
U should have been out there today. It rocked!!!!!!!
4-14 degree wind chill with 30mph NW gusts.
When me and Alan got there hole #1 was completly white with ice. :D

Were the chains frozen again?

Jan 16 2007, 10:54 AM

Well, that is an interesting topic. There is an opening for the end of July, but I feel that is a little too soon. I possibly will be shooting for the original Lewisville Open date in early January 08. Think about it , you could have the Poison Ivy Open, Lewisville Open, and the Big Show ( Cedar Hill, Mid-Week, and Z-Boaz Open ) all within a months time. 5 sanctioned events b4 valentines day, sweet....
We shall see . One thing I need to figure out is if this is going to be a Funkytown Flyers Club event, or a Discboomer Inc. event???? Time will tell.

gregbrowning
Jan 16 2007, 11:13 AM

Well, that is an interesting topic. There is an opening for the end of July, but I feel that is a little too soon. I possibly will be shooting for the original Lewisville Open date in early January 08. Think about it , you could have the Poison Ivy Open, Lewisville Open, and the Big Show ( Cedar Hill, Mid-Week, and Z-Boaz Open ) all within a months time. 5 sanctioned events b4 valentines day, sweet....
We shall see . One thing I need to figure out is if this is going to be a Funkytown Flyers Club event, or a Discboomer Inc. event???? Time will tell.

The new Fahrenheit Fling maybe? :eek:

Jan 16 2007, 11:38 AM
Nope! But I think that weekend is available because the Farenheit Fling is no more. The only thing I like about July, is that the course is right on the lake. Between round's u could jump right on in.

cgflesner
Jan 16 2007, 12:01 PM
that is a little close together to attract traveling players IMO. It is hard enough to play ceader hill and z-boaz.

I think it should be in Oct sometime.

Jan 16 2007, 12:09 PM
If you had any idea of what schedueling looked like for the rest of the year, you would understand. For the remainder of the year there is 1 open weekend that does not conflict with anything in a 250 mile radius. I was thinking that if
you had all those events , that close together, it might be worth while for a touring pro or two to spend a month in the metroplex. Just an idea, nothing etched in stone , yet.

cgflesner
Jan 16 2007, 12:17 PM
We have way to many tournaments in Texas that conflict with each other. If I have to chose it will be ceader hill and z-boaz.

I doubt they would stick around for a c-tier. I think that we should skratch all c-tiers from the scheduele and u would see a huge incline in attendence for tournaments.

Jan 16 2007, 12:22 PM
Well the plan is a 1 day c-tier or a 2 day b-tier.
The city of Lewisville would prefer a 2 day b-tier.

lauranovice
Jan 16 2007, 12:26 PM
most players would prefer a two-day B-tier also

cgflesner
Jan 16 2007, 12:29 PM
I think that we would generate more plastic sales, merc sales, and so forth if we held a July tournament.

And 2 day B-tier sounds better to me since the only c-tiers I play are a couple per year in Houston. And I am trying to skratch those from my list.

lauranovice
Jan 16 2007, 12:40 PM
I agree with Chris, although I understand it is extremely difficult due to the full Texas schedule.

Jan 16 2007, 01:01 PM
I think that we would generate more plastic sales, merc sales, and so forth if we held a July tournament.

The July date conflicts with am worlds. Hard to compete with that . The one conflict that I have with the 2 day , is that we would have to play L.L. Woods. That is not a tournament course. With all the land around Lake Park , I was thinking a 24 hole format could work. Or possibly set an alternate 18 hole course somewhere in that area. What is really neat is the camping right next to the course. This will come with time . I still have some things to do b4 this can become a reality. I still have to figure out if the club wants to do something like that .

It would seem a bit odd, a Ft Worth club hosting an event in Lewisville . We shall see, I need to spend some more time with our state coordinator.

cgflesner
Jan 16 2007, 01:09 PM
U are crazy.

LL Woods has great potential with sidewalks and beyond being OB and creek and beyond being OB and setting up long tees on 2, 3, 5, 7, 9. With wind it will play way harder than the lake.

How many guys around here do u know that are actually going to AM Worlds?

lauranovice
Jan 16 2007, 01:21 PM
Again, I agree with Chris. Well, not that you are an idiot, but that LL Woods is a good place for a second leg of a tournament.
I did not think we were a Fort Worth Club. I thought it "was a state of mind" not an actual location.
Worlds events are not actually a conflict withthe Texas scheduling, are they?
However, I do agree with you that we need to concentrate on things other than a tournament right off the bat.

Jan 16 2007, 01:24 PM
In the whole state, who knows ?
I personally had planned on attending .

As far as LL Woods, that is not a tournament course.
Flow being the major issue. So many of those holes are right on top of each other. I understand the whole sidewalk and beyond argument, which is valid, but I just assume not associate this event with that course. An additional course( off site ) is a logistical nightmare. There is plenty of room @ lewisville to accomidate a b-tier. But we are puting the cart b4 the horse here. Lets focus on the club for now. I was planning on making this topic available for club discussion after we get the A.O.I done , and the " board members " elected . This could have the potential to get the club up and running at a rapid pace. That could be cool.

Jan 16 2007, 01:27 PM
Please keep in mind one MAJOR issue about this tournament.
If the club saw fit to host this event, the initial investment for the event would come directly out of club monies. As of now we do not have the fundage to accomidate an event. Would we be more likely to have that kind of money in July or next January??? think about it !

lauranovice
Jan 16 2007, 01:31 PM
How about this schedule . . .

Feb, 2007...first BoD for FFT elected

July, 2008...first FFT sponsored tournament.

June, 2009...first full 18 hole course installed by FFT.

Is that a possible time table?

Jan 16 2007, 01:35 PM
How about this schedule . . .

Feb, 2007...first BoD for FFC elected

July, 2008...first FFC sponsored tournament.

June, 2009...first full 18 hole course installed by FFC.

Is that a possible time table?

Possible ? Extremely!!! My thinking is simple. The club needs to be fiscally sound b4 any major undertaking. I would hate to rally up all that cash , and blow it all and have to start over. This is not a club that needs to put a course in the ground , and be done. I would like to see the FFC alive and well for many years/decades to come!

Jan 16 2007, 02:15 PM
What about playing the course in Denton as an alternate location?

cgflesner
Jan 16 2007, 02:17 PM
flow issues?

I don't think so. No holes cross each other. I think a temp course is a bad idea and I will have nothing to do with that.

and I did not call anybody an idiot. unless crazy is another way of saying idiot.

Jan 16 2007, 02:18 PM
Tuesday night Blues out at Crowley tonight if anybody is interested.

lauranovice
Jan 16 2007, 02:35 PM
"The club needs to be fiscally sound b4 any major undertaking. I would hate to rally up all that cash , and blow it all and have to start over. This is not a club that needs to put a course in the ground , and be done. I would like to see the FFC alive and well for many years/decades to come!"

AMEN!!!
That is what I want to hear.
First Articles of Incorporation
Then, Board of Directors
Then, whatever we have money to do...
However, first thing on the agenda should always be communication...looks like it still is...I'm happy :)
Way to keep FFC on track, Lee. :)
PS - I also like the idea of FFC attending all area minis, like the Crowley Tues on the Blues, as Brice pointed out.

Jan 16 2007, 03:21 PM
I also like the idea of FFC attending all area minis, like the Crowley Tues on the Blues, as Brice pointed out.

As do I , our involvment @ any disc golf event, large or small will help promote what we are trying to do. As well as help bring in new members.

As far as the club is concerned, here is my opinion of how things could work.
1. establish the A.O.I. and board of directors .
2. establish a bank account in the name of the club so that there is no concern about club finances.
3. establish a way to generate monies to put back into the club 100 %. For example, golf towels, t-shirts, hat's , stickers, PLASTIC , etc.
4. Coordinate a FFC group activity with all the members. Preferably somewhere where we do not normally play. Somewhere like Athens, Denton or Waco. We must remember that we are disc golfers first. Let us not stray to far from our roots.

my_hero
Jan 16 2007, 08:57 PM
Where's my form? :D

Pogis
Jan 17 2007, 01:02 AM
Looks like you guys have been busy while I have been gone. Anybody miss me? :D

cgflesner
Jan 17 2007, 09:49 AM
Sure.

We went up to the fox and hound and pounded some beers just for you miles. :p

U did miss some good ice golf though.

Can't believe those salies canceled class today, got up early as heck and everything. :(

cgflesner
Jan 17 2007, 11:34 AM
Anybody want to play a round today?

lauranovice
Jan 17 2007, 11:38 AM
I do. I do. I do. Oh, yes, that's right, I have to work.

Jan 17 2007, 11:57 AM
Looks like you guys have been busy while I have been gone. Anybody miss me? :D

No! Go back 2 where u came from :cool:

Jan 17 2007, 11:57 AM
Anybody want to play a round today?

Lets do it !

cgflesner
Jan 17 2007, 12:09 PM
U not working today?

Pogis
Jan 17 2007, 12:10 PM
I am in. what time?

cgflesner
Jan 17 2007, 12:12 PM
11:30.

Jan 17 2007, 12:15 PM
11:30 @ z-boaz , you guys suck!
I wanna play!

Jan 17 2007, 12:16 PM
U not working today?

I am, but I dont know for how long.....

Hey Chris, whats up with your avtar? Rockets took a beating last night...... :D

cgflesner
Jan 17 2007, 12:19 PM
We had u guys shaking in your boots until George started hiting that BS. George?

Then T-Mac went down with the back problem. 1-1 against u guys this year. Plus our best player is still out. Yao would have #$*&$! slaped you guys. :p

Pogis
Jan 17 2007, 12:23 PM
We had u guys shaking in your boots until George started hiting that BS. George?

Then T-Mac went down with the back problem. 1-1 against u guys this year. Plus our best player is still out. Yao would have #$*&$! slaped you guys. :p

Well you got lucky with that first one. Everyone knows that the Mavs are the team to beat this year.

Jan 17 2007, 12:27 PM

Well you got lucky with that first one. Everyone knows that the Mavs are the team to beat this year.

Second!
T-Mac is a stud, you can not deny that . 45 against " the team to beat " ... That is impressive. I did not watch the game , but I am sure avery was furious

peanut
Jan 17 2007, 04:01 PM
Second!
T-Mac is a stud, you can not deny that . 45 against " the team to beat " ... That is impressive. I did not watch the game , but I am sure avery was furious

there is nothing impressive about losing!!!!!!!

cgflesner
Jan 17 2007, 06:20 PM
Guess you guys say that every time you get knocked out of the playoffs. :o

Jan 17 2007, 07:46 PM
whats this we? are you on the rockets roster?

Jan 17 2007, 08:03 PM
the z was a snowy wonderland this morning. heres a pic http://aycu25.webshots.com/image/8504/2001894201782978346_rs.jpg

peanut
Jan 17 2007, 08:37 PM
Guess you guys say that every time you get knocked out of the playoffs. :o

exactly. our team is the king of underachieving

my_hero
Jan 17 2007, 08:41 PM
the z was a snowy wonderland this morning. heres a pic http://aycu25.webshots.com/image/8504/2001894201782978346_rs.jpg

Nice n frosty.
http://aycu25.webshots.com/image/8504/2001894201782978346_rs.jpg

cgflesner
Jan 17 2007, 09:22 PM
Shot a -3 from the longs today and gave Miles my #60 tag for the #12. /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Jan 18 2007, 12:58 AM
YOU ARE AWESOME CHRIS!

Jan 18 2007, 11:04 AM
Still planning on shooting for 1-10 on sunday, if any of you sissies show up :D

I would also like to extend a real big " thanks-a-lot " to whomever decided to do a little off roading @ z-boaz yesterday. The fairways look real nice, we will be able to appreciate all those tire marks for months to come :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad:

people need to realise that local parking will not be around for long if shizznit like that keeps happening .

seewhere
Jan 18 2007, 11:11 AM
maybe it was that #$*&$! that was on the news doing doughnuts in that parking lot.. did anyone recognize that car?

Jan 18 2007, 11:19 AM
maybe it was that #$*&$! that was on the news doing doughnuts in that parking lot.. did anyone recognize that car?

I think it was the one in your avtar.

seewhere
Jan 18 2007, 11:22 AM
:D

Jan 18 2007, 11:29 AM
I thought that was u!

Jan 18 2007, 11:37 AM
Hey, Seahorse, how many austin native's r u bringing up for the Big Show?

cgflesner
Jan 18 2007, 11:46 AM
YOU ARE AWESOME CHRIS!

You playing the big show? If so I can give you some lessons. :o

seewhere
Jan 18 2007, 11:52 AM
Hey, Seahorse, how many austin native's r u bringing up for the Big Show?

not sure usually I travel with El Chile and Smoking Joe I am sure there will be more but have not heard allot from anyone. I wont be at cedar hill but hope to play the z boaz event to get some revenge on that course from when I played adv.. :o

Jan 18 2007, 12:06 PM
Well, z-boaz will not be any easier this year if this weather keeps up. It has squashed the past 3 workdays :(

Hopefully I will be able to get some much needed mulch down this weekend. Keep you fingers crossed, or plan to bring some extra socks and shoes.

seewhere
Jan 18 2007, 12:07 PM
cool thanks for the heads up and all the work you guys do to better disc golf in your area.

Jan 18 2007, 12:17 PM
Not a problem... One of the local DFW superstars Don Q. has fabricated these 55 gallon recycling containers for the course. These things are awesome, and best of all they can not be stolen. It seems to be helping with the litter issues as of now. The neat part is, after he re-coop's some expense money, all profits generated from the aluminum will go back into the course. It is not much, but it is a great concept, that should help with one of our major issues, GARBAGE.

cgflesner
Jan 18 2007, 12:19 PM
Well, z-boaz will not be any easier this year if this weather keeps up. It has squashed the past 3 workdays :(

Hopefully I will be able to get some much needed mulch down this weekend. Keep you fingers crossed, or plan to bring some extra socks and shoes.

Seems to be playing fair to me.

Jan 18 2007, 12:24 PM

Seems to be playing fair to me.

Now Chris, not all of us are as fortunate as you. I would love nothing more than to spend as much time @ z-boaz as you do. :cool:
Silly me, for some reason I keep showing up @ work every day.

lauranovice
Jan 18 2007, 12:26 PM
thanks, Lee, I'll pass your praises along to Don. He is very proud of those cans, and I am very proud of him. He'll be pleased to hear they are working. How full are they? He and I both loathe litter.
When I have played courses in other states the absence of litter is the first thing I notice. The Maryland course was the cleanest. There was not even a trash can except at the parking lot...simply amazing.

Jan 18 2007, 12:33 PM
Funny you bring up Maryland. Are not most of those courses pay to play? That would explain the litter issue. I think we are cursed with great weather year round, it provides an opportunity for beer swilling rednecks to be out @ the course everyday . everyday coughcough FRAMERScoughcough.

As far as " are they full " ? I dont know, it is hard to see inside.

Jan 18 2007, 01:14 PM
YOU ARE AWESOME CHRIS!

You playing the big show? If so I can give you some lessons. :o

Chris I would be honored if you would give me some lessons. My only dream in life is to be as good as you. You are the man.

Jan 18 2007, 01:22 PM
Bring your own partner doubles this Saturday at Crowley. 10:00 a.m. tee time..........Chrissy, you should find a partner and come out to Crowley.

Jan 18 2007, 01:52 PM
Chris and _________ ( <--insert partner here ) -VS- brice and shawn ?????????

CHALLENGE!

cgflesner
Jan 18 2007, 02:10 PM
Might have to find a real partner and smoke you guys at crowley. :p

Jan 18 2007, 02:14 PM
Might have to find a real partner and smoke you guys at crowley. :p

You could give Farnham a call :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

cgflesner
Jan 18 2007, 03:31 PM
or not. I don't play with cheaters.
Kerr said he would play. You guys are toast. :p

Jan 18 2007, 03:40 PM
Flesner/Kerr - VS - Robertson/Longerbone

Hummmm, this will be good.

my_hero
Jan 18 2007, 03:53 PM
Flesner/Kerr - VS - Robertson/Longerbone

Hmmmm...which team is the dark horse? F&K have skills, R&L are locals. Tough call. :D

Jan 18 2007, 03:58 PM
My money is on skill -vs- local

Of course the locals got skillz.

Jan 18 2007, 04:42 PM
Kerr said he would play. You guys are toast. :p

[/QUOTE]

I will proudly except that challenge.....

I would like to see what kind of skills My Hero has out at Crowley. It could be that the course has more skills than John!!!!!!

Jan 18 2007, 04:45 PM
Brice sure does like to rock that boat.

Rock on my friend!

my_hero
Jan 18 2007, 05:03 PM
LOL BL is funny. What's with those initials...the other BL i know is pretty "funny" too. :D

I've got skills, they're multiplying , and i'm losing control.......The few times i've been to Crowley for the earlier ice bowls, Tom's JDGF, and sat morn minis i never finished worse than 3rd. Nolan G, Mike G, and myself have all traded punches out there. Shawn was still learning his course, and Brice.....who's Brice? :DGlad to know both of you now. :p

Jan 18 2007, 05:25 PM
I've got skills, they're multiplying , and i'm losing control.......

LOL. reproduction is not a skill... Its a gift. :D

Jan 18 2007, 05:35 PM
Well John when you get tired of falling off X-mas trees, then you should come to Crowley and play the new layout.

Jan 18 2007, 05:40 PM
I think John was trying to " make friends " with his x-mas tree. He will need the tree love when he goes to play the new format.

my_hero
Jan 18 2007, 06:25 PM
LOL. I hate Christmas now! Xmas 2005 john falls at Grapevine Glow tourney and pulls his adductor longus (groin)......out for most of 2006 (did play a few PAINFUL events) Then almost to the day, i make America's Funniest Video's by falling into and half way through our Xmas tree...:D...regressing 12 months. :(

Good luck at the Big Show this year Brice. If i'm feeling healthy enough to kick your butt i'll be playing, or i'll be rooting for you to kick theirs. :)

I'll make another Crowley appearance one day. I've heard good and bad things about some changes. I'd like to have my own opinion though. Peace.

m_conners
Jan 18 2007, 07:11 PM
did it look like this one, john?

http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/mba/lowres/mban239l.jpg

Jan 18 2007, 07:22 PM
Mike Conners the MB chameleon . What color will he be next?
Mannix, Fieldy, David Hasselhoff, Hacksaw Jim Dougan???
Come on mike , suprise us.... Make the next one really good. How about somebody like ............... Ol' Dirty Bastard, or perhaps Mr. Plow, Colonel Mustard ????

seewhere
Jan 18 2007, 07:25 PM
still think the people's mulleTT has more handles.

my_hero
Jan 18 2007, 07:36 PM

LOL. Somewhat.

Conners you do have a lot of identities!

my_hero
Jan 18 2007, 07:38 PM
You know i love to sing. Well.......This one's called "i pulled my groin"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWb2Sfz-f70

Enjoy. :D

Jan 18 2007, 07:47 PM
this should make it a little easier for you guys out there.

john pulled his groin (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWb2Sfz-f70)

Jan 18 2007, 07:48 PM
John , U have got more time than I do!

my_hero
Jan 18 2007, 07:48 PM
Did you notice at the end someone is wearing a red shirt with a symbol that resembles a basket. :D

Jan 18 2007, 07:49 PM
I was typing and listening , I did not !

my_hero
Jan 18 2007, 07:52 PM
this should make it a little easier for you guys out there.

john pulled his groin (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWb2Sfz-f70)

Near the end around 1:20

Jan 18 2007, 07:54 PM
It sure does!
I just got thru watching that CUBBY guy.
Does he ever play any real disc golf courses?

gregbrowning
Jan 18 2007, 10:17 PM
It sure does!
I just got thru watching that CUBBY guy.
Does he ever play any real disc golf courses?

I think he only plays that one course on the campus of an all-girls college. :eek:

Jan 19 2007, 01:54 PM
He plays alot . I wish I had that much time .

m_conners
Jan 19 2007, 02:14 PM
Mike Conners the MB chameleon . What color will he be next?
Mannix, Fieldy, David Hasselhoff, Hacksaw Jim Dougan???
Come on mike , suprise us.... Make the next one really good. How about somebody like ............... Ol' Dirty Bastard, or perhaps Mr. Plow, Colonel Mustard ????

Good memory, Lee...I'm impressed! :D

LOL. Somewhat.

Conners you do have a lot of identities!

This one is for you Funky Town Flyers...todays MB identity is the hottest drag racer on the planet!