cdaigle
Dec 26 2006, 02:37 PM
Anyone up for some rounds with a re-located Arkie give me a heads up. I left a few discs at Ben Geren last summer (and a few brain cells, but shot really well nevertheless). I live in Illinois now and a another emigrent are passing through on the way to Faytown on either Friday or Saturday...give me shout..
Peace
Chad "Turbo" Daigle
217-766-2560
[email protected]

Furthur
Dec 27 2006, 01:02 AM
I'm in the same boat you're in. I'm passing through Alma on Thursday on my way to Fayetteville, and looking for someone to show me around the course. If anyone would care to do so, let me know :).

-chris

AlmaWillie
Dec 27 2006, 01:16 AM
Hey Guys! I am always up for a round of golf, problem is I am traveling also. I am going out to Muskogee OK tomorrow morning to try the course out there. I am not planning on being back until sometime Friday (sorry Chris). Chad if you would like to get together PM me a cell # (or if that number is a cell just let me know) and I'll call you when I get back into town.
Chris- Since you are going to Fayetteville, go ahead and get off onto I540N to Fayetteville right before you get to Alma (going up the huge curved bridge), take the first exit in about 1/2 mile (Collum Lane) take a left on it in front of the school, go staight through the 4-way stop about 1 mile until you come to a stop light, go straight across that road (Hwy 71) and when you drop down that little hill the park is on your left (big Aquatic Park sign). As you alk into the park hole1 is on your right going up the hill.

Iwill warn everyone now, that we had a big rain a while back that got the lake up and washed a bunch of debri up over some trails and around some baskets. Don't look at that junk, just enjoy the course!!
If you have Q's feel free to call me 479-420-6469

Furthur
Dec 27 2006, 07:32 PM
Thanks for the directions. I got a chance to play Ben Geren last June when I was down for a wedding, and have been looking forward to playing Alma since you put it in.

superd
Dec 27 2006, 08:20 PM
the bg mini is on saturday round 1030 or so. 5 dollar entry if you are interested in the mini. i will be free friday and sat morning for a round. don't have to be at work on fri until 5 so anytime before that will be good. just let me know when a good time will be for you.

mistuhmiles
Jan 13 2007, 07:14 AM
i am planning a trip to see my family in the fort smith area and want to plan it so i can hit some event in the area. is there anything coming up? even if there isn't what courses should i hit. i have not played in my home town yet as it has been way to long since i have been home.

Jan 13 2007, 11:00 AM
BAD WEEKEND FOR GOLF.

twoputtok
Jan 13 2007, 11:30 AM
Good weekend for the short arms though. Just toss your putter, should slide at least 300. :D

mistuhmiles
Jan 13 2007, 08:11 PM
it will probably the beginning of next month. have to get my time off approved.

evandmckee
Jan 15 2007, 04:19 PM
Hello mistuhmiles,

we have a handicapped mini every Sat. morning, tee-off 10:30am, Ben Geren Park, Feb. 10th is our Ice Bowl at Tilles Park (No mini that week-end)

Ben Geren is a very nice 18 hole in Fort Smith, around 15 miles north of us is a 18 hole course in Alma, also very nice, more rugged with trees, cliffs, elevation and water. We also have an original "Headrick Course" at Tilles Park, 9 holes and still challenging. Feel free to contact me and I would be glad to show you around, I'm stuck at work 8-5 M-F, but weekends are usually good for me

evandmckee
Jan 15 2007, 04:23 PM
BAD WEEKEND FOR GOLF.

Wimp, we had 3 at the mini :DPouring rain and cold, I took a 5 on 1 and a 6 on 18 and still shot a 59

mistuhmiles
Jan 15 2007, 06:41 PM
i'll do that. thanks

racerb491
Jan 16 2007, 09:11 PM
BAD WEEKEND FOR GOLF.

Wimp, we had 3 at the mini :DPouring rain and cold, I took a 5 on 1 and a 6 on 18 and still shot a 59

Thats Fricken nuts /msgboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Jan 17 2007, 01:03 AM
I told ya he was off.

evandmckee
Jan 17 2007, 02:21 PM
Valuable experience for situations like HOTB's final 9 :D