evandmckee
Dec 15 2006, 06:41 PM
We're officially registered -

February 10 - Tilles Park

CLICK HERE (http://www.icebowl2007.com/index.php?option=com_eventlist&Itemid=62&func=details&did=141)

More info to come :)

superd
Dec 15 2006, 08:04 PM
its been over a 2 decades since tillis has had anything big at that park concerning discgolf. look for some real low scores at this one. 9 hole with 9 alternate/hidden/old-school/only if you know where they all are tees.

i started playing at that park back in 93 and i don't know where all the original tees are. although i have some pretty cool alternate tee sites.

Dec 16 2006, 12:12 AM
I know EXACTLEY where they are.Only one other person knows them as well as I do.The ones in place today my Dad and I stuck there over 15 years ago.There are still painted red rocks on the alternate tees.I uncovered one for Rodger a couple months ago.You know what,Tilles is still a bad #$*&$! lil course. :cool:

evandmckee
Jan 05 2007, 04:31 PM
Players pack are a go for the first 50 entrants!!

A newbie can bring 10 cans of food and get a ice bowl disc along with other stuff and a full day of awesome disc golf thanks to our sponsors!!

Flyer will be posted as soon as it gets up at wafda.org

If we get over 50 players we'll be doing "flights"

This is a "must-attend" event :cool:

superd
Jan 06 2007, 05:01 AM
A newbie can bring 10 cans of food and get a ice bowl disc along with other stuff and a full day of awesome disc golf thanks to our sponsors!!

so if a newbie can bring 10 cans of food, how many cans can an old fart like pitch bring? :eek: :D/msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Jan 06 2007, 10:53 AM
Old men like Pitch are just lucky to be there.(Remembering the key word here being MEN)Lil boys like "HUDSON" get lessons for 10 cans. /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

evandmckee
Jan 09 2007, 02:24 PM
http://www.wafda.org/images/graphics/ICE_BOWL_FLYER.jpg

sschumacher
Jan 09 2007, 07:05 PM
I will win this thing!!!!! :)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/9c/Scrat.jpg/300px-Scrat.jpg

evandmckee
Jan 09 2007, 07:31 PM
Better bring your "A" game, Arkie Squirrels don't mess around :D

http://www.guythingmag.org/images/sabers.jpg

evandmckee
Jan 15 2007, 07:23 PM
The Community Services Clearinghouse will be selling breakfast & lunch out of the newly revamped concession booth at Tilles for our Ice Bowl :cool:

Probably be "pastries" and drinks for breakfast, hamburgers, hotdogs, chili for lunch.

For those that don't know, not only is the Community Services Clearinghouse one of the more predominant food banks in our area but it also does a "backpack program" where they feed around 1800 children in our area on the week-ends by taking "back-packs" of food to them. They serve 7 counties in Western Arkansas & Eastern Oklahoma.

To learn more about them
http://clearinghousefortsmith.com/

AlmaWillie
Jan 17 2007, 11:57 PM
Just a REALLY cool note!
I heard a commercial today on KISR 93.7 (Fort Smith Rock Station) for the Community Clearinghouse, and during the ad it mentioned an upcoming event for them...........
The ICE BOWL at Tilles Park!!!!! (exact words)

It said that this was the event that will kick of their year.
That is AWESOME!! Would like for it to go into detail about it being DG and such, but just the mention of one of our events on a MAJOR radio station is GREAT!!!!!

Anyone that can, call in and give some support. Maybe we can get even more publicity.

evandmckee
Jan 18 2007, 10:42 AM
I'm actually getting calls from media :cool:

look on the WAFDA.org forum and I've got a copy of our press release, the Ice Bowl staff from Disc Golf World did an outstanding job by providing a "blanket press release", copy, paste, modify, wahlah!!

I truly hope to attract some golfers that've never experienced an organized tourney/event :)

evandmckee
Jan 28 2007, 05:19 PM
2 weeks until a very fun WAFDA event, Fort Smith Ice Bowl 2007 is looking good in ALL aspects :cool:

CLICK FOR MORE INFO ON ALTERNATE TEE'S, FORMAT AND MORE (http://forums.wafda.org/viewtopic.php?p=29#29)

racerb491
Feb 01 2007, 12:45 PM
I hope you have a good turn out. My family and I will be in Texas that weekend. Good luck ;).

evandmckee
Feb 01 2007, 02:54 PM
Thanks MD!! I wish I had been smart enough to realize that Z-Boaz was goin' on when I picked that date

From all the phone calls I've recieved... My guts telling me that I'll have my hands full, barring seriously chaotic weather...

If I find myself in a position to be able to play it...
I'll play Open so I can crush all of these crappy open players we got down in the Fort :oI will not even offer a Pro Masters field, no running and hiding :mad:and yes I'll except the cash from my strategic mulligan using win (it is non-sanctioned of course) only to turn around and donate it back to our wonderful charity, The Community Services Clearinghouse :)

Ya'll better hope that I'm overwhelmed with players and not playing

Feb 01 2007, 02:57 PM
Oh Boy,Evan has been at it again.
Put down the Elmers and step away. :D

LeftyGod
Feb 01 2007, 03:18 PM
The reigning AM WORLDS DBLS team might show up to bless this sweet sounding event. Even though one of them is a new GATEWAY boy :D:D:D

evandmckee
Feb 01 2007, 05:38 PM
GATEWAY...You mean Keldog can't be using no Rocs anymore :confused: That can't be....Must be YOU, that's ok, GATEWAY makes some fine product(s), that is..if you can drive with a Wizard... it's all you'll need :cool:

evandmckee
Feb 02 2007, 11:15 AM
Extended Forecast... like you can believe a weather report for 8 days away ;)

calling for Scattered Snow Showers :cool:

I hope it don't hurt attendance (no wimps!! no whiners!!)
but maybe... we can get one of those cool snowy group pix in the DGW magazine :D

evandmckee
Feb 02 2007, 02:39 PM
KISR 93.7 has become our "Main Sponsor". They will be pounding out "heavy rotation" ads/announcements and doing a live remote from location, lots of quality advertising :cool:

keldog
Feb 02 2007, 07:11 PM
No he's talking about Lund,I'll never let go of the roc!I would come over but pitch won't be there because it's to cold :eek:,and I need some of his money!So if you hear that old man is still playing golf let me know :o!
LOL

Feb 02 2007, 10:23 PM
I'll be there my friend.C Mon down.I bought the cold weather goods. ;)

keldog
Feb 03 2007, 10:49 AM
It's on ;)

LeftyGod
Feb 05 2007, 03:07 PM
Hurry up Saturday and get here!!!!!!

evandmckee
Feb 05 2007, 03:42 PM
I bought the cold weather goods. ;)

I saw Pitch out practicing in his new cold weather gear and beat the papparazi aside to snap this photo of him :D

http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/6493/sogayly5.jpg

How the heck did he get Nike to sponsor such a crappy golfer as his self :confused:

Feb 05 2007, 08:04 PM
Looks like I got a boner. :DBut I like it.

evandmckee
Feb 09 2007, 11:27 AM
In the words of Grandmaster Forest.....It's Ft. Smith Ice Bowl eve :cool:

LeftyGod
Feb 09 2007, 02:24 PM
17 hours and were on the road, if Billy wakes up in time. :D:D:D

LeftyGod
Feb 09 2007, 03:34 PM
16 Hours to go....

evandmckee
Feb 09 2007, 06:06 PM
:cool:

LeftyGod
Feb 09 2007, 07:53 PM
11 and a half hours till travel time.....

Big Easy
Feb 10 2007, 12:54 AM
Not 100% but....
I may be making the trip down as well.
I will post in the morning.
D.P. :cool:

Big Easy
Feb 10 2007, 12:56 AM

You guys are leaving at 5:30am???
D.P. :D

keldog
Feb 10 2007, 09:21 AM

if billy driving you mite want to leave early ;)

keldog
Feb 10 2007, 10:00 PM
Pitch ? ,did Wise scare you that bad or was the bomb bag tag :eek: I was going to lay on you that made you run home? /msgboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Big Easy
Feb 10 2007, 10:44 PM
I left the house about 6:30 arrived around 9am.
Thanks Evan for running the event...
It was cold but hey it was an ice bowl right...
Played with several of the locals first round and had a blast.
Ended up with all the tulsa people on the 1st pro card the second round.
Hey you mean I drove 160 miles to play disc golf with...
billy ho, dave wise, chris hutchinson, and...
transplanted tulsan Kelly Watson :D
Hope the event was fundraising success hope to see you guys again next year.

Feb 11 2007, 02:48 AM
Sorry bro,I know it sucked but I had to move a building for Eddy then lay out Russellville.
No worries,You'll get your shot at me on the long 18 at the canyon.
Better eat you Wheaties, /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

keldog
Feb 11 2007, 10:01 AM
Good Job Evan,had a good time. :D

twoputtok
Feb 11 2007, 11:35 AM
Pitch kittens out of the Ice Bowl. He had already started thinking how he could come up with some thing to get out of that match up, after HE was the one to call was Watson out! :o

He thought, injury? nah, they won't believe that besides it would look bad when I go out and play the very next day. Oh I know, I have to go help a friend and tournament day will be the only time I can do it. Then to top it off, some one leaked confidential information :mad:that I was coming to the event to get in on all that supposed action Pitch was going to throw around. It was just too much for him to bear, he just couldn't stand getting his butt handed to him from so many directions. :o

Shamefull Pitch, just shamefull. :mad:

I take an entire day and a full tank of gas, plus entry fees and mulligans to drive down to your home location and as soon as you see me, you get on the phone and tell me, sorry dude, I can't play. :o

Aren't you the State Coordinator? Doesn't
that mean something to you?

we'll have to start calling you Pitch the Ditch! :D

twoputtok
Feb 11 2007, 11:40 AM
Thank you Evan, I had a blast and enjoyed the first round mixed cards, its always fun seeing people just starting out and the look on their face when they hit a good shot or putt. :D

And thank the people that were there with food and drink, it helped a lot.

See ya next time.

Oh, and Pitch? you'll have to pay me an appearance fee just to show up next time. /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Feb 11 2007, 12:11 PM
Pitch the Ditch huh?
Yeah your right,Someone told me you were coming down so I hurried up to find something to get me out of it.
Matter of fact i'm thinking of taking up something else so that I don't have to be whooped up on anymore. /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

keldog
Feb 11 2007, 01:49 PM
you got any good discs for sell?

Big Easy
Feb 12 2007, 09:44 AM
:cool:

Evan,
What were your totals on food and cash.
I think you guys stated you were shooting for $400?

evandmckee
Feb 12 2007, 01:48 PM
Thanks to EVERYONE that participated and helped, even Pitch the Ditch came by early in the morning to help with alternate tees, until he saw Twoputt and ran away like the whiny wimp :D

We had a total of 51 players, an estimated 20-30 of them were first time tourney participants, I think that they're all hooked :cool:

Preliminary total is roughly $800 to our charity plus 700 pounds of food!!! I'll post an exact total once everything is thoroughly double/triple checked!! :) Actual cash from the Tourney is around $600, our charity also sold concessions that came to around $200!! We also collected a total of 18 "primo" pieces of plastic and a few dollars for Darrel Lynn's E-Bay auction, for anyone who doesn't know about this an article was in the last Disc Golf World, Disc Golfers helping their own :cool:That could put us over $1000

Tulsa did almost sweep our Pro division, but you can whoop up on us anytime to help out our hungry children :D The Community Services Clearinghouse actually serves some Okie counties also...

Scores: (cashing only, don't want to embarass Twoputt)

we played a morning 18 and an afternoon 9

PRO:

1st Billy Lund, 60
2nd Dale Patterson, 64
3rd Kelly Watson, 70

WOMEN'S NOVICE:

1st Peggy Koenigseder, 86
2nd Danielle Hasty, 92 - Danielle's an elementary school teacher, we also put about 20 eighty gram rec frisbees in her hands for her students :cool:

LADY GRANDMASTERS NOVICE:

1st Donna Barnes: 113
AMATEUR:

1st Matt Spain, 73
2nd Jake Smith, 75
3rd Roger Knight, 77
4th Willie Williams, 82

NOVICE:

1st Terry Blanton, 75
2nd Chris Dobbs, 78
3rd Brent Wolfe, 79
4th Burel Schaberg, 81
5th (T) Chris Shelton, 83 (Took home the Jr. Trophy in a playoff with Dustin)
5th (T) Dustin Watkins, 83
5th (T) Kyle Morris, 83
6th (T) Phillip McClure, 86
6th (T) Jonas Kirkpatrick, 86
7th Waylon Brandenburg, 87

Look for it to happen again next year :)

twoputtok
Feb 12 2007, 02:02 PM
Thanks Evan, it was a blast. Sorry I didn't stick around, I had tickets to an event in Tulsa that started at 6:30 so I had to bust it back to town.

It was very impressive that you were able to pull so many first timers to the event.
Pat yourself on the back, you deserve it. :D

LeftyGod
Feb 12 2007, 02:07 PM
Thanks to EVERYONE that participated and helped, even Pitch the Ditch came by early in the morning to help with alternate tees, until he saw Twoputt and ran away like the whiny wimp :D

We had a total of 51 players, an estimated 20-30 of them were first time tourney participants, I think that they're all hooked :cool:

Preliminary total is roughly $800 to our charity plus 700 pounds of food!!! I'll post an exact total once everything is thoroughly double/triple checked!! :) Actual cash from the Tourney is around $600, our charity also sold concessions that came to around $200!! We also collected a total of 18 "primo" pieces of plastic and a few dollars for Darrel Lynn's E-Bay auction, for anyone who doesn't know about this an article was in the last Disc Golf World, Disc Golfers helping their own :cool:That could put us over $1000

Tulsa did almost sweep our Pro division, but you can whoop up on us anytime to help out our hungry children :D The Community Services Clearinghouse actually serves some Okie counties also...

Scores: (cashing only, don't want to embarass Twoputt)

we played a morning 18 and an afternoon 9

PRO:

1st Billy Lund, 60 ( only missed 6 holes the whole day
2nd Dale Patterson, 64
3rd Kelly Watson, 70

WOMEN'S NOVICE:

1st Peggy Koenigseder, 86
2nd Danielle Hasty, 92 - Danielle's an elementary school teacher, we also put about 20 eighty gram rec frisbees in her hands for her students :cool:

LADY GRANDMASTERS NOVICE:

1st Donna Barnes: 113
AMATEUR:

1st Matt Spain, 73
2nd Jake Smith, 75
3rd Roger Knight, 77
4th Willie Williams, 82

NOVICE:

1st Terry Blanton, 75
2nd Chris Dobbs, 78
3rd Brent Wolfe, 79
4th Burel Schaberg, 81
5th (T) Chris Shelton, 83 (Took home the Jr. Trophy in a playoff with Dustin)
5th (T) Dustin Watkins, 83
5th (T) Kyle Morris, 83
6th (T) Phillip McClure, 86
6th (T) Jonas Kirkpatrick, 86
7th Waylon Brandenburg, 87

Look for it to happen again next year :)

twoputtok
Feb 12 2007, 02:17 PM
I'm surprised he even showed up. :D

evandmckee
Feb 12 2007, 03:07 PM
I'm very thankful for all the Okie's that showed, it was great being able to have an experienced pro on all the 1st round cards to help out and even impress our newer players and ya'll filled 4 out of 8 of them spots :)

evandmckee
Feb 12 2007, 04:14 PM
I almost forgot... we did get a picture and caption on the front page of Fort Smith's Sunday newspaper, the Times Record, as well as channel 40 running a story on the 5 & 10 pm news :cool:

Billy_Ho
Feb 12 2007, 05:33 PM
Hey Evan, had a great time this weekend, thanks for takin the time and puttin it on, oh and the trophies were SWEET!! I gotta get a pic of one on here......

LeftyGod
Feb 12 2007, 05:53 PM
The trophies were a lot sweeter then the A-teir where I got a drink coaster :o( 7 months later ) :o for winning

twoputtok
Feb 12 2007, 06:01 PM
here ya go Billy, I'll get your trophy pic posted. :D

http://www.billyboy.de/produkte/bilder/BB_4er_LE3.gif

twoputtok
Feb 12 2007, 06:06 PM
The trophies were a lot sweeter then the A-teir where I got a drink coaster :o( 7 months later ) :o for winning

Quick sucking on your trophy, Hutch! :o

TreeShark
Feb 12 2007, 06:40 PM
Evan, good job on the tourney, I had a blast and it was all for a great cause. I can't say enough about the trophies, I just wish I could have taken one home. Awesome job, and I look forward to next year's! :cool:

twoputtok
Feb 12 2007, 06:42 PM
Keep working on your game, you'll be there soon enough. ;)