rtinsa
Dec 09 2006, 03:05 PM
More info on the way. Any ideas would be nice. The bag tag's are gonna be tin have the new LODGA logo and website address and be numbered from 1 to 50! Should have them be the next BMM!

DISConnected
Dec 09 2006, 04:36 PM
All good ideas are stolen from other clubs:

LODGA 2007 Bag Tag Challenge Rules

Have fun and follow the rules and spirit of disc golf. The purpose of the 2007 Bag Tag Challenge is to add another element to personal, league and tournament rounds of disc golf. Please display your Bag Tag where others can easily see it. You must have your Bag Tag with you to participate in any challenges and to be eligible for CTP prizes at LODGA Series events. Please do not avoid challenges by leaving your Bag Tag at home or by concealing your Bag Tag.

Your goal is to have the lowest numbered Bag Tag possible. When players participate in Bag Tag challenges, the player with the lowest round score earns the lowest numbered Bag Tag among the challengers. Bag Tags must be exchanged immediately following the round. In the event of a tie, the player who started with the lowest numbered Bag Tag will be awarded the lowest numbered Bag Tag. You may only challenge those with a 2007 LODGA Bag Tag; no other Bag Tags are eligible to participate in challenges. You must have your Bag Tag with you to challenge or accept challenges.

When you play any League, Tournament, or Recreational rounds of disc golf, you automatically have an individual or group challenge with all 2007 LODGA Bag Tag holders on your card. You may not deny this challenge. This challenge does not have to be publicly announced or agreed upon before the start of the round as it is automatic. You may not accept a challenge if you do not have your Bag Tag with you.

All challenges on your card take precedence over any challenge from another card. For example; if you have a challenge going with a person who is on another card, and you have an individual or group challenge going on your card, you have to settle with your card first and then you can settle any other challenges you may have.

Any member with a higher Bag Tag number may challenge any player with a lower Bag Tag number to a round of disc golf. Challenges may be made in person, by telephone or e-mail. The player receiving the challenge can choose the course to be played. If the challenger cannot agree to a reasonable time or date for the match within the coming week, the challenge is void and both players may look for new challenges. If the challenger has the lowest score for the round, the tags must be exchanged immediately following the round.

Challenges are on a round-by-round basis; i.e. challenges are for one round only in a multiple round event.
You may, but do not have to accept a challenge from a player that you have just beaten until either player has completed another challenge or one week has passed, whichever comes first. This ability to deny challenges excludes automatic challenges that occur during a subsequent round of a multi-round event.

If you lose your 2007 LODGA Bag Tag, please report it immediately. You may then purchase the next lowest number Bag Tag available. Replacement tags, if available, will cost $X.XX.

When a challenge via telephone or e-mail has been accepted, neither player can participate in another challenge until the agreed upon match has taken place.

At the end of the year, prizes will be awarded to Bag Tag holders that competed. There will be a prize for the competitor holding the lowest numbered Bag Tag after both the Amateur and Professional events. Additional Bag Tag prizes will be awarded at random. If funds are available, prizes may also be awarded to the lowest numbered Bag Tag holder(s) in each division.

If you are found to be purposely concealing a Bag Tag with a low number, or that you appear to be refusing to carry your Bag Tag to avoid challenges, you may be asked to surrender your Bag Tag. You may be allowed purchase a new Bag Tag if any remain available.

Rules are subject to change and disputes will be decided by RT Evans. RT Evans reserves the right to revoke your Bag Tag at his discretion.

DISConnected
Dec 09 2006, 04:38 PM
Are we trying to build up a club fund? Pay for EOY prizes? Or just cover the cost of the tags?

jimbob8
Dec 09 2006, 07:48 PM
Does Whataburger have that many #'s?

rtinsa
Dec 09 2006, 08:02 PM
We are getting real one's! Read the above post's! :confused: :p

jimbob8
Dec 10 2006, 11:27 AM
Don't you know sarcasum when you hear it Charlie Brown? :confused: :D

rtinsa
Dec 10 2006, 05:44 PM

Have fun and follow the rules and spirit of disc golf. The purpose of the 2007 Bag Tag Challenge is to add another element to personal, league and tournament rounds of disc golf. Please display your Bag Tag where others can easily see it. You must have your Bag Tag with you to participate in any challenges and to be eligible for CTP prizes at LODGA Series events. Please do not avoid challenges by leaving your Bag Tag at home or by concealing your Bag Tag.

Your goal is to have the lowest numbered Bag Tag possible. When players participate in Bag Tag challenges, the player with the lowest round score earns the lowest numbered Bag Tag among the challengers. Bag Tags must be exchanged immediately following the round. In the event of a tie, the player who started with the lowest numbered Bag Tag will be awarded the lowest numbered Bag Tag. You may only challenge those with a 2007 LODGA Bag Tag; no other Bag Tags are eligible to participate in challenges. You must have your Bag Tag with you to challenge or accept challenges.

When you play any League, Tournament, or Recreational rounds of disc golf, you automatically have an individual or group challenge with all 2007 LODGA Bag Tag holders on your card. You may not deny this challenge. This challenge does not have to be publicly announced or agreed upon before the start of the round as it is automatic. You may not accept a challenge if you do not have your Bag Tag with you.

All challenges on your card take precedence over any challenge from another card. For example; if you have a challenge going with a person who is on another card, and you have an individual or group challenge going on your card, you have to settle with your card first and then you can settle any other challenges you may have.

Any member with a higher Bag Tag number may challenge any player with a lower Bag Tag number to a round of disc golf. Challenges may be made in person, by telephone or e-mail. The player receiving the challenge can choose the course to be played. If the challenger cannot agree to a reasonable time or date for the match within the coming week, the challenge is void and both players may look for new challenges. If the challenger has the lowest score for the round, the tags must be exchanged immediately following the round.

Challenges are on a round-by-round basis; i.e. challenges are for one round only in a multiple round event.
You may, but do not have to accept a challenge from a player that you have just beaten until either player has completed another challenge or one week has passed, whichever comes first. This ability to deny challenges excludes automatic challenges that occur during a subsequent round of a multi-round event.

If you lose your 2007 LODGA Bag Tag, please report it immediately. You may then purchase the next lowest number Bag Tag available. Replacement tags, if available, will cost $X.XX.

When a challenge via telephone or e-mail has been accepted, neither player can participate in another challenge until the agreed upon match has taken place.

At the end of the year, prizes will be awarded to Bag Tag holders that competed. There will be a prize for the competitor holding the lowest numbered Bag Tag after both the Amateur and Professional events. Additional Bag Tag prizes will be awarded at random. If funds are available, prizes may also be awarded to the lowest numbered Bag Tag holder(s) in each division.

If you are found to be purposely concealing a Bag Tag with a low number, or that you appear to be refusing to carry your Bag Tag to avoid challenges, you may be asked to surrender your Bag Tag. You may be allowed purchase a new Bag Tag if any remain available.

Rules are subject to change and disputes will be decided by RT Evans. RT Evans reserves the right to revoke your Bag Tag at his discretion.

There are gonna be 2 division's for the challenge.
Open and Am
At the end of the season the top 3 Pro's and the top 3 Am's
Will get a cash prize.
There will be trophy's for the top 3 also in both division's.
I wanna make my money back and the rest of the money can be used for coarse improvement's or go to the Club fund. Or we can make some offical T-shirt's, all input and ideas are welcomed. Cost will be $15 a bagtag.
I am ordering the Bagtags Mon.
Might have them by Sun. mini!

DISConnected
Dec 10 2006, 06:22 PM
On original purchase, does everyone just reach in and grab one?
If you do that, numbers will be random, and it makes people want to start challenging each other right away.

This adds a whole new fun factor. :D

rtinsa
Dec 10 2006, 06:53 PM
I don't know. What if no one ever draw's number #1 and we don't sell 50. And it sits at the bottom of the bag. Didn't think of that did you! :eek: Just kidding!
We will see what other people think.
Also another added idea brought up by MZN Links! If you have already purchased a bagtag and loose your's, you can purchase another tag for $5.
Thank you.

DISConnected
Dec 10 2006, 07:09 PM
Good point...Use last year's league points totals. :D

mistuhmiles
Dec 10 2006, 11:45 PM
is this going to exclude the people that couldn't make league?
also if you do it a t random you could put in just 1- 25 to draw from. then when needed or deemed appropriate you could add the rest. that way you could spike sales early.

rtinsa
Dec 11 2006, 12:00 AM
Nope.
Good Idea. I might just do that. We'll see.
Thx for the input.

mistuhmiles
Dec 11 2006, 04:43 AM
i love the bag tag idea and am glad it is coming back. let me know when you have them so i can get one!! watch out live oak!!

rtinsa
Dec 11 2006, 09:49 AM
Bagtags ordered. Should have them by Sun! Get it ON! :cool:

rtinsa
Dec 12 2006, 11:09 PM
Ladies are welcome alway's! :cool:

jimbob8
Dec 13 2006, 10:57 AM
Why thanks there cowboy, that's mighty Texan of you.

JHouston
Dec 13 2006, 10:53 PM
there was a great idea for getting the tags started and that was to have a club championship no divisions your entry is to pay for the tag and how you place is the number you get. If you dont make it out you get the next number in line and start your way from there. wow that could be the longest run on sentence ever!!! :D

opereida
Dec 13 2006, 11:48 PM
I was just thinking Club Championships and threw in the Bag Tag Challenge but you are right that is a great idea to get the Tags started. We should try to schedule a date and maybe post info here and also put up flyers at the courses so everyone knows about it. Like Jimbob said $15.00 (cost of tag) and maybe optional Ace Pot $5.00 which will make it $20.00 to play which I think is reasonable. I think we should play both courses at Live Oak and when the results are in hand out tags accordingly and whoever is not there gets left overs :(. Lets make this happen!!!

rtinsa
Dec 14 2006, 10:57 AM
If you do that, numbers will be random, and it makes people want to start challenging each other right away.

Great idea guy's. Appreciate the input. I don't wanna make this to difficult.
I still like MZN_Links idea. Thx though!
:cool:I started this bag tag challenge to add a little extra fun to the local area. Gotta get back to work and save live's.

jimbo1944
Dec 14 2006, 11:08 AM
I think the idea of buying a tag, playing for it in one division and securing the tag for the position you finished is a good idea. It would be more representative of the club standings and give you the opportunity of working your way up. Of course, the other way I could luck out and get number one, leave town until worlds and go as the number one player form our club. :) Whatever RT comes up with will be great I am sure and I will just have to get number one by taking it on the course. :D

jimbo1944
Dec 14 2006, 11:11 AM
If he has them Sunday, I would like to get one then. It will be my Christmas present to myself. See you all on the course. As a matter of fact, today if you come out about 4:15 at Live Oak.

rtinsa
Dec 14 2006, 11:14 AM

If you lose your 2007 LODGA Bag Tag, please report it immediately. You may then purchase the next lowest number Bag Tag available. Replacement tags, if available, will cost $5.00.

Here are the rule's. I will also give you a copy of the rule's when you purchase a tag!
Thank you!!!!!

jocur
Dec 14 2006, 05:43 PM
"If you are found to be purposely concealing a Bag Tag with a low number, or that you appear to be refusing to carry your Bag Tag to avoid challenges, you may be asked to surrender your Bag Tag. You may be allowed purchase a new Bag Tag if any remain available."

That is a great addition to the rules..... i don't how many times I heard.... "I forgot my tag at home." ;)

mistuhmiles
Dec 14 2006, 07:05 PM
are they going to be available on sunday or are we going to wait until the club championship takes place.

rtinsa
Dec 14 2006, 09:24 PM
2007 LODGA Bagtag's are in. We'll start to sell them Sun!!

About LODGA DISC GOLF:

We really need to have a more organized club in my opinion. Brian Schmidt does such a great job and does so much work and continue's to. We owe this guy alot! It's time we started to get a little more organized. Keith Baker "Big Bird" will be running the league next year with Carlos I believe, and will need help and the New Braunfel's boy's alway's step up!
I run the Sunday's when I can with the help of John Arick or Carlos or Russ or Mr. Schmidt . I like waterloo's club they are organized with member number's and such. Check out there website www.austindiscgolf.org (http://www.austindiscgolf.org)
It will take some time, but with good planning and doing, not talking, thing's will come together!
I can only do so much with my job. And alway's believe in promoting the sport. As we look to the future of disc golf in San Antonio and surrounding area's! Thing's are on the up and up with that new course off of O'conner! Let's have a great year!
And enjoy the BagTag Challenge's!

Spincerely,
RT

:cool:P.S. I believe the website is down at the moment for the Waterloo Disc Golf Club!

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h114/rtinsa/LODGABagTAG1.jpg

mistuhmiles
Dec 15 2006, 01:09 AM
i would be willing to step up and help when needed if everyone is okay with that. the last thing i want to do is hurt disc golf in san antonio. i want to be invlved so if any help is neede please let me know and i will do what i can.

ozdisc
Dec 15 2006, 01:16 AM
G'day Everyone,

Can I buy a bag tag? The highest number would be fine with me. I doubt I could make any challenge rounds. Then again you might as send me #1 as no one would beat me in match play anyway. :eek:

Let me know and I will work out the money and shipping.

Thanks
Chris

PS. Nice artwork on the tags. :D

rtinsa
Dec 15 2006, 01:19 AM
G'day Everyone,

Can I buy a bag tag? The highest number would be fine with me. I doubt I could make any challenge rounds. Then again you might as send me #1 as no one would beat me in match play anyway. :eek:

Let me know and I will work out the money and shipping.

Thanks
Chris

PS. Nice artwork on the tags. :D

You like the artwork! :DFor those of you who don't know Chris Himing designed that logo! Thank you again Chris.

I was wondering what you where up to and thinking about who designed that LOGO!
Send me your address: Consider it on the house sir...!

losotd
Dec 15 2006, 02:23 AM
Great job RT!

DISConnected
Dec 15 2006, 11:14 AM
SWeeT!! :D

rtinsa
Dec 15 2006, 11:34 AM
Great job RT!

Thank you sir...

CGPRush
Dec 15 2006, 04:37 PM
2007 LODGA Bagtag's are in. We'll start to sell them Sun!!

Guess I'll have to drag my donkey out of bed Sunday morning and play!

rtinsa
Dec 15 2006, 05:29 PM
These 2 guy's will be selling the BagTag's Sunday Morning!
Just look for em, they will help you! I trust them! http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i214/etonsul/redneck.jpg

opereida
Dec 15 2006, 11:41 PM
[QUOTE]
"2007 LODGA Bagtag's are in. We'll start to sell them Sun!!"

So if the bag tags are going to be on sale this Sunday, how are we going to determine who gets which one. Are we going to pull tags out of a hat, paper rock scissors for em, pick a number between 1 and 10, draw straws or go by the results of the mini? What happened to the Club Championships to determine who gets which one? I thought that was the best idea on how to dispurse them.

I also believe the club needs to be organized. But to be a club I think we should pay annual dues and vote for positions (president, treasurer, etc:) and put the individuals that want to run for that position on a ballot. Maybe have a meeting once a month before one of the minis and discuss club issues at that time. I still say have the Club Championships to determine who gets what tag. This allows people time to hear about it and gives them more than a weeks notice. I think there will be more of a turnout if you do it that way. Just my opinion, nothing more...

rtinsa
Dec 16 2006, 11:00 AM

Great idea guy's. Appreciate the input. I don't wanna make this to difficult.
I still like MZN_Links idea. Thx though!
:cool:I started this bag tag challenge to add a little extra fun to the local area. Gotta get back to work and save live's.

Paper Rock Scissor's sound's good!

I value your opinion. And Jason Houston mentioned that idea also.
Official Announcement

How ever many people puchase a bagtag Sunday, will determine the amount of tag's LODGA put's in a bag. You will reach in the bag and fate's right hand will determine the number you draw. Simple enough? I have receieved better feedback on this way to start the challenge. And have searched the internet thouroughly and most club's start off like this, not that we are an official due's paying club! I am doing this for fun, I don't wan't any headache's.
Have a good day!

rtinsa
Dec 16 2006, 11:02 AM
These 2 guy's will be selling the BagTag's Sunday Morning!
Just look for em, they will help you! I trust them! http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i214/etonsul/redneck.jpg

I Will also be selling cheese tray's sunday morning!
To go with the wine!
/msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

losotd
Dec 16 2006, 08:36 PM
RT should be number one and Paschal # 2 as the two league champions from last year! I'll take the last number so I can give it to RT after Sunday's round :D

rtinsa
Dec 17 2006, 12:54 AM
RT should be number one and Paschal # 2 as the two league champions from last year! I'll take the last number so I can give it to RT after Sunday's round :D

:cool:

jimbo1944
Dec 17 2006, 01:23 AM
I think RT's idea will work out fine. Who ever deserves #1 should end up with it through tha challenges anyway. Besides it will make it more interesting trying to work your way up or maybe in my case probably down. :)
Also, I do think it is a good idea for us to start getting more organized as a club and may be now is a good time to start getting serious about it with more people getting involved in doing things.

jimbo1944
Dec 17 2006, 01:26 AM
By the way RT, I am glad to see Dave and Jody are going to help you sell the bag tags. :D

JHouston
Dec 17 2006, 06:11 PM
great turn out for the bag tag challenge. RT what was the officiall number of tags sold? And i think i lost mine in record time, like 20 minutes or so. Thank goodness it was found because it was number 20!!

rtinsa
Dec 17 2006, 08:26 PM
Sold 28! Great Job Live Oaker's!
Will post a list in short! Of the people who bought one!

mistuhmiles
Dec 18 2006, 02:07 AM
i got number 24 but am looking to get rid of it for a lower number. watch out.

jocur
Dec 18 2006, 10:48 AM
Paschal, you want my number, come and get it sucka! :D

current bag tag number: -3.14 :D

DISConnected
Dec 18 2006, 01:27 PM
:D

rtinsa
Dec 18 2006, 01:31 PM
Bag Tag Purchased: Number drawn:
Carlos M 18
Joe M 4
Ruben South Paw" 2
Jerry Lively 19
Tracy Olson 6
Brian Pascal 16
Jason Houston 20
John Arick 14
Russ Evans 9
Jody 5
Cory 1
Brian Schmidt 10
Jerry H 21
Orlando P. 3
Ray P. 13
Ernie 12
Jeff 15
Jim Yount 11
Dave"newcomer" 17
Larry V 8
Joe Soto 26
Nick 28
Jarrad 27
Josh B. 24
RT Evans 7 currently 9
Jarred S 30
Stacy P 25
Matt M 22
Jim Bob to be drawn

Post your current number for challenge's!
Have Fun!

opereida
Dec 18 2006, 04:29 PM
I had Bag Tag #3 but now I have #8.

CGPRush
Dec 18 2006, 05:12 PM
Post your current number for challenge's!

I drew #1 to start. I managed to withstand the challenge from the card on the round Sunday morning but lost it to Ruben's side challenge. So now I have #2.

Let the challenges begin.

Corey

losotd
Dec 18 2006, 05:13 PM
7 and rising fast

Joe
Dec 18 2006, 06:51 PM
14 and dropping quickly :eek:

mistuhmiles
Dec 18 2006, 07:48 PM
i'd be glad to take that #2 off your hands. got any free time this week?

opereida
Dec 18 2006, 11:29 PM
Is there going to be a mini this Sunday? Anyone know? Like I said I have #8 but want a lower number. Stay Gold....Stay Gold....

Raymond_Pereida
Dec 19 2006, 12:49 AM
Hey Bird, I got # <font color="red"> </font> 13 and it has your name on it sucka! :eek: :o:D

opereida
Dec 19 2006, 07:12 AM
It's on!!! I have some time on Saturday.

ozdisc
Dec 19 2006, 08:13 AM
Anyone want to challenge me? I will pick you up from the airport. :D

rtinsa
Dec 19 2006, 09:58 AM
Sunday is on! http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f47/backroadmanagement/70161760_l.gif

bigbadude
Dec 19 2006, 04:30 PM
RT how about a Bag Tag.

jimbo1944
Dec 19 2006, 04:45 PM
SHOW ME THE MONEY. :D:D

bigbadude
Dec 19 2006, 04:53 PM
Have you seen my wallet? ;) It's full ;)

wheresdave
Dec 19 2006, 05:03 PM
Watch out Jim cuz that not all he's full of :o:D

bigbadude
Dec 19 2006, 05:05 PM
:D:DYou old dudes are so funny.

wheresdave
Dec 19 2006, 05:06 PM
and bored :D

Paul Taylor
Dec 19 2006, 08:05 PM
A couple of quick questions and possible comments, and I am just looking for answers for the future and not making any acqusations.

You must have your Bag Tag with you to participate in any challenges and to be eligible for CTP prizes at LODGA Series events.

1) Does this mean league nights i.e., Tuesday and Thursday, Saturday mini's (if they happen) and Sunday mini's?

2) Does this mean the LO Ice Bowl, LOSO or any other tournament that might be held under the LODGA banner?

3) Is this available for only players in the San Antonio area? If so this will exclude visitors, or what is the maximum distance allowed for a player to live away form the San Antonio area?
this leads to the next set of questions...

Challenges may be made in person, by telephone or e-mail. The player receiving the challenge can choose the course to be played. If the challenger cannot agree to a reasonable time or date for the match within the coming week, the challenge is void and both players may look for new challenges.

4) What if a bag tag has moved to another city? i.e., Temple and I challenge that player, that player then has the right to use his/her home course and maybe I do not want to travel up to Temple to play just one round and so in a matter of a week the challenge is void and the tag stays in Temple. In other words it could hide up there or any other city for that matter.

Maybe these questions have been answered and I just did not see them, but they need answers so someone does not get their feelings hurt or get mad when they find out they cannot participate in something.

DISConnected
Dec 19 2006, 09:35 PM
I will not speak for RT, but since I stole the rules in the first place, I'll give my take.

"When you play any League, Tournament, or Recreational rounds of disc golf, you automatically have an individual or group challenge with all 2007 LODGA Bag Tag holders on your card. You may not deny this challenge. This challenge does not have to be publicly announced or agreed upon before the start of the round as it is automatic."

-->Therefore it should apply to the league, minis and tournaments.

-->I think anyone who wants to buy a tag (and thus contribute $ to our club) should be allowed to do so, provided they understand and agree to the rules. If someone in another city does not make it available for challenges, that was addressed by this rule:

"If you are found to be purposely concealing a Bag Tag with a low number, or that you appear to be refusing to carry your Bag Tag to avoid challenges, you may be asked to surrender your Bag Tag."

-->I also think that challenges must be mutually agreed upon and be reasonable in time and place.

-->If all else fails:

"Rules are subject to change and disputes will be decided by RT Evans. RT Evans reserves the right to revoke your Bag Tag at his discretion."

-->And finally:

"Have fun and follow the rules and spirit of disc golf."

rtinsa
Dec 19 2006, 11:44 PM
Sweet Post's Make's you wonder! /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Good Time's in the Future folk's!
Mr. Paschal!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:Mr. 900 and rise-ing! :D

Paul Taylor
Dec 20 2006, 12:10 AM
?????????????? :( :( go back and read what I wrote again and what I emphisized this time.

A couple of quick questions and possible comments, and I am just looking for answers for the future and not making any acqusations.

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You must have your Bag Tag with you to participate in any challenges and to be <font color="red"> eligible for CTP prizes at LODGA Series events.
</font>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Does this mean league nights i.e., Tuesday and Thursday, Saturday mini's (if they happen) and Sunday mini's?

2) Does this mean the LO Ice Bowl, LOSO or any other tournament that might be held under the LODGA banner?

3) Is this available for only players in the San Antonio area? <font color="red"> If so this will exclude visitors </font> , or what is the maximum distance allowed for a player to live away form the San Antonio area?
this leads to the next set of questions...

Quote:

Challenges may be made in person, by telephone or e-mail. The player receiving the challenge can choose the course to be played. If the challenger cannot agree to a reasonable time or date for the match within the coming week, the challenge is void and both players may look for new challenges.

4) What if a bag tag has moved to another city? i.e., Temple and I challenge that player, that player then has the right to use his/her home course and maybe I do not want to travel up to Temple to play just one round and so in a matter of a week the challenge is void and the tag stays in Temple. In other words it could hide up there or any other city for that matter.

<font color="red"> But what if this person win a top ten tag and never returns to play another round, mini or otherwise. What happens then? </font>

Maybe these questions have been answered and I just did not see them, but they need answers so someone does not get their feelings hurt or get mad when they find out they cannot participate in something.

I guess I am not worried about the distance thing even though it could become a problem. My main concern is the visitor. Are you going to tell Coda or Barry that he cannot participate in the CTP or others who maybe come from Corpus or Austin and only get to come up once a year?

DISConnected
Dec 20 2006, 11:40 AM
I guess I am not worried about the distance thing even though it could become a problem. My main concern is the visitor. Are you going to tell Coda or Barry that he cannot participate in the CTP or others who maybe come from Corpus or Austin and only get to come up once a year?

I think the intent is that if you have purchased a bag tag, you need to carry it with you in order to participate in the CTP. That does not mean that you must have a bag tag to participate. Bagtags are optional. But if you buy one, carry it.

Barry and Coda and anyone else are welcome, whether they buy a bagtag or not!! :D

CGPRush
Dec 21 2006, 04:18 PM
i'd be glad to take that #2 off your hands. got any free time this week?

Mistuhmiles, how about this Saturday at UC at 10 am?

That's my first available time and also my last until the Friday after Christmas.

mistuhmiles
Dec 21 2006, 07:30 PM
sounds good. see you then. here is my number if anything changes 210.462.6447

bigbadude
Dec 22 2006, 12:01 PM
I would like to wish all of you a Merry Christmas!! :cool:

jimbo1944
Dec 22 2006, 01:13 PM
Thanks Mr. Chile and a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and all the Round Rockers and even the Square Rockers. :)

Laura12670
Dec 22 2006, 01:32 PM
I would like to wish all of you a Merry Christmas!! :cool:

Merry Christmas to you too Chile!!! :cool:

Ruben
Dec 22 2006, 02:28 PM
Merry Xmas too all and a Happy Newyear!!!!! :)

Laura12670
Dec 22 2006, 02:40 PM
Hey Ruben, you playing tonight?

Ruben
Dec 22 2006, 02:52 PM
I will try 2 be there at your casa about 5ish

rtinsa
Dec 22 2006, 06:48 PM
What time is the glow golf starting tonight>?

http://www.theglowcompany.co.uk/acatalog/big-glowsticks-c_a.jpg http://www.theglowcompany.co.uk/acatalog/safety-glowsticks-c_a.jpg

mistuhmiles
Dec 23 2006, 11:41 AM
does anyone know corey's number?

mistuhmiles
Dec 23 2006, 11:42 AM
nevermind. got it.

JHouston
Dec 23 2006, 12:12 PM
Laura J-B you guys rock!!

mistuhmiles
Dec 23 2006, 12:20 PM
vivian's real sick and i can't make the challenge with corey. the number i have doesn't work. does anyone know how to get a hold of him?

jimbob8
Dec 23 2006, 12:24 PM
17 Players or should I say hecklers, wisecrackers, smart arses, sheet faced mo fo's showed up for a hilarious, fun, entertaining night. It sure was nice to get the group together as a like a small Christmas party. Now that's was Christmas is all about Charlie Brown...Friends and laughter. Thanks for all the well wishes guys, we had a great time. Enjoy the rest of your holidays. :cool::D

opereida
Dec 23 2006, 12:30 PM
I just had a comment about the rules. Maybe RT could change the rules to state that only Gold Tags can Challenge Gold Tags and maybe only Silver Tags #11-15 can challenge a Gold Tag (Only while playing casual rounds)? This will not be in affect for Mini's or other Tournaments. This way the #1 Tag Holder will not lose his to the highest number. People will have to put in work and earn those low numbers. Just a suggestion.

rtinsa
Dec 25 2006, 11:59 PM
Your comment's are making me regret I ever did these bag tag's!

It's for fun man. Take it easy! Have fun with it!

http://a48.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/6/s_287b1eeb7f71a26192098bfaa11f8d77.gif

opereida
Dec 26 2006, 07:13 AM
I thought a Discussion board was the place to post comments? :confused:

losotd
Dec 26 2006, 09:39 AM
Its fine the way it is RT. Once the horse leaves the stable, you don't go changing it's shoes.

DISConnected
Dec 26 2006, 11:28 AM
I thought a Discussion board was the place to post comments? :confused:

I think simpler is better. People with low tag numbers should be able and willing to fend off all challenges. In the beginning, because of the way we started with a random draw, there will be people with low tags that haven't earned them, just like there are people with high numbers that don't deserve them. At first there will be a lot of shuffling until things settle down, and the cream will rise to the top. :D

Ruben
Dec 26 2006, 12:34 PM
Yo guys , Does it matter on who challenges what tags, I thought this BAG TAG CHALLENGE was all for fun , and yes you have the right to post anything on this board, but if you had any ideas or rules should of let RT know when the rules were being posted .

rtinsa
Dec 26 2006, 01:32 PM
#10 Goldie!!!!!!!!!!! Who wan'ts to loose?
:cool:

opereida
Dec 26 2006, 04:27 PM
All for FUN!!! Keep the rules AS IS!!! Got It!!! :)

geomy
Dec 26 2006, 06:08 PM
RT,
Will you be in Gonzo on New Year's Day? :confused: I'd like to spend some of this X-mas cash on a shiny new tag.

I'll spend some on a renewal as well, so I'll be looking for you too, Laura! :p

opereida
Dec 27 2006, 12:18 AM

"There are gonna be 2 division's for the challenge.
Open and Am
At the end of the season the top 3 Pro's and the top 3 Am's
Will get a cash prize.
There will be trophy's for the top 3 also in both division's.
I wanna make my money back and the rest of the money can be used for coarse improvement's or go to the Club fund. Or we can make some offical T-shirt's, all input and ideas are welcomed. Cost will be $15 a bagtag.
I am ordering the Bagtags Mon.
Might have them by Sun. mini!"

[/QUOTE]

OK, I knew I read somewhere that there will be CASH prizes at the end of the year for the top Bag Tag Holders in their respective divisions. What I post here are just suggestions and my opinions. I am not trying to get a following or trying to make enemies. All they are, are ideas. I have heard this Bag Tag Challenge is for fun (and agree) but there is also some competition involved to win the MONEY!!! I believe everyone has the right to post whatever they want here without insulting or being rude to your fellow discgolfers. I felt I did not come across this way at all. I don't need anyone to tell me to "Take it easy!!!" when all I was doing was that. When you are paying CASH and are getting paid CASH for the Bag Tag Challenge, can you really say "It's all for FUN???" I can really say that if you are challenging for a Whataburger Tag then "That's all for fun"!!! :) I have Bag Tag #49 if anyone want's to challenge me. :) :D

rtinsa
Dec 27 2006, 10:39 AM
RT,
Will you be in Gonzo on New Year's Day? :confused: I'd like to spend some of this X-mas cash on a shiny new tag.

I hope to be there Sir Geoffe!

jimbob8
Dec 27 2006, 11:53 AM
[QUOTE]
RT,

She'll be looking for you too G, she'll take your cash AND your tag. :o

wheresdave
Dec 27 2006, 12:17 PM

Here's the rule for Bag Tags, but RT I didnt see anywhere in the rules what to do when there is a Full Moon that day and the temp. is below 32 degrees? Can you enlighten me please :D

rtinsa
Dec 27 2006, 12:46 PM
Here's the rule for Bag Tags, but RT I didnt see anywhere in the rules what to do when there is a Full Moon that day and the temp. is below 32 degrees? Can you enlighten me please

Yes Dave. Yes. You must drink 1 rockstar on hole 10, throw a roc at hole 13 and ask Mzn_Links, 2 question's. And the challenging player must purchase hand warmer's from Academy!

wheresdave
Dec 27 2006, 12:48 PM
Thanks RT but you werent clear on where you have to buy the Rockstar from :confused: :D

rtinsa
Dec 27 2006, 12:52 PM
If the challenge is @ Live Oak Park. You must purchase the Rockstar @ Habeeb's!
If the challenge is @ UC Park. You must purchase the Rockstar @ Valero near the park.
And don't forget to ask MZN-Links 2 question's Dave. Can't forget that.
Please don't make this rule thing to difficult!

Paul Taylor
Dec 27 2006, 01:21 PM
throw a roc at hole 13

RT, Don't you know that Dave can't throw a ROC...or any other disc for that matter... :o:D

rtinsa
Dec 27 2006, 02:24 PM
throw a roc at hole 13

RT, Don't you know that Dave can't throw a ROC...or any other disc for that matter... :o:D

Sound's like a Challenge there Dave! :o:D

Laura12670
Dec 27 2006, 02:32 PM
RT,

I hope to be there Sir Geoffe!

Hey RT, I need one too and don't worry Geoffe I will be there... :cool:

jocur
Dec 27 2006, 03:08 PM
throw a roc at hole 13

The only challenge Dave has is showering. And about the Bag Tag rules....uhhh, nevermind.... :D

jocur
Dec 27 2006, 03:13 PM
still holding #5, 2 sucessful defenses....
Open for a challenge anytime this week after 430pm, except today.
PM me. :D:D

Laura12670
Dec 27 2006, 03:16 PM
hahahahahaha!! Jody love your "LOC" !!!

FUNNY!!! :D:D

wheresdave
Dec 27 2006, 04:10 PM
throw a roc at hole 13

No Challenge there RT he's use to playing with jr high kids :o:D

jocur
Dec 27 2006, 04:12 PM
Your used to that too, Dave :D:o

wheresdave
Dec 27 2006, 04:13 PM
isnt your wife calling :D

wheresdave
Dec 27 2006, 04:14 PM
oops sorry it for me :p :D

jocur
Dec 27 2006, 04:32 PM
I told her to call you to help with your spelling and grammar as a belated Christmas present, Jackarse. :D

CGPRush
Dec 29 2006, 01:56 AM
vivian's real sick and i can't make the challenge with corey. the number i have doesn't work. does anyone know how to get a hold of him?

Josh, I hope everyone's feeling better. i don't know what phone number you used but the battery on my house phone was dead for a couple of days without anyone realizing it. I was at the park at 10 am and ended up playing a practice round.

I got back home a little earlier today from several days out of town. I'll post again when I can suggest a time for meeting your challenge.

mistuhmiles
Dec 29 2006, 12:32 PM
sounds good. i look forward to it.

rtinsa
Dec 29 2006, 03:18 PM
#10 Gold

CGPRush
Jan 01 2007, 03:51 AM
Josh,

how about Monday around 1 pm at UC?

Corey

mistuhmiles
Jan 01 2007, 09:26 PM
just now getting to my computer. any day this week is good. last week of my vacation.

losotd
Jan 01 2007, 10:18 PM
#4 with a bullet

rtinsa
Jan 01 2007, 10:33 PM
#22...
Had fun Brian! Thx Jayson and Laura! Good TD experience there for you partner! ;)

opereida
Jan 01 2007, 11:13 PM
Still Gold With Lucky #7. :)

Raymond_Pereida
Jan 01 2007, 11:49 PM
Still gold!!! One better than Bird /msgboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif :o:D

Ruben
Jan 01 2007, 11:54 PM
Want #1 or #2

mistuhmiles
Jan 02 2007, 01:09 PM
i'll take #1 from you ruben. :cool::cool:

Ruben
Jan 02 2007, 03:46 PM
WANT some COME get some!!!!!!! :cool:

seewhere
Jan 02 2007, 04:02 PM
dont you have to have # 1 or # 2 first??? not # 16 :o

Ruben
Jan 03 2007, 12:52 AM
Hey ware, SHUT DA ***** UP!!!!! :cool:

seewhere
Jan 03 2007, 11:10 AM

bigbadude
Jan 18 2007, 03:42 PM
Those bag tags are real nice! They have to be the best bag tags I have ever seen!!! :cool:

Ruben
Jan 18 2007, 04:05 PM
Hey Jerry they are really nice . :cool:

bigbadude
Jan 18 2007, 04:31 PM
Yes sir they are not cheesy. :cool:

opereida
Feb 04 2007, 11:52 PM
I have LODGA BAG TAG #1 :) If I can hold on to it until Saturday Feb 10, 2007 (McClain Fundraiser Mini). I will trade my #1 Tag to the person with the lowest score at the mini that holds a LODGA Bag Tag /msgboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif :) I will not be playing the event....

mistuhmiles
Feb 05 2007, 04:56 PM
i have bag tag #3

jocur
Feb 06 2007, 03:46 PM
Dave and Jim, ya'll want to bag-tag-challenge at Victoria? I've got #14... :D
(or Geoff...)

jimbo1944
Feb 06 2007, 04:14 PM
I've had 11, 12, 13. Might as well make it 14. :D

geomy
Feb 06 2007, 09:04 PM
im in...i think i have paschal's #16 right now, so i get whatever he has.

DISConnected
Feb 06 2007, 09:43 PM
I have 20.

jocur
Feb 07 2007, 02:25 PM
so maybe my #14 is in danger /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Overall or each round?
With 24 holes per round you may have to yank my bagtag from my comatose grasp.

wheresdave
Feb 07 2007, 02:51 PM
Dave and Jim, ya'll want to bag-tag-challenge at Victoria? I've got #14... :D
(or Geoff...)

I'm in and will be leaving Victoria with tag # 14 /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif :D

wheresdave
Feb 07 2007, 03:01 PM
Hmm let look at last year Victoria Open

4 138 David McKibbin 24841 893 74 915 73 916 70 949 31 248

15 72 Russ Evans 16629 917 75 907 80 860 83 848 238

16 66 Jim Yount 22638 868 83 845 84 829 74 918 241

18 54 Geoffrey Mysorski 26491 885 79 876 81 852 82 855 242

21 36 Jody Curtis 25983 881 85 829 83 837 78 887 246

Hmm well then let's look to see what happen in 2005 in Victoria

5 132 David McKibbin 24841 893 69 917 76 865 73 875

20 42 Jody Curtis 25983 881 76 858 83 807 74 867

20 42 Jim Yount 22638 868 79 832 79 840 75 858

HMMM Bag Tag #14 is all mine :o:D

jocur
Feb 07 2007, 06:34 PM
Hmmm... let's look at this year and all the past years' stats:

Dave McBagger:
Bagger of the year 2005
57 rec victories in a row (tried to play juniors but the beard was a dead give away)
Voted most likely to steal you kid's lunch money 2000-2006 Voted most likely to mispell his posts 1998-2006
Voted most likely to "live in a van down by the river." 1969-2006

I could go on and on, but I won't....

Bring your game next weekend and your bagtag to V-Town.... and expect no pity from me about your "self-inflicted injury."
Heck, I'm surprised you aren't playing wRECk this year.

:eek: :o:D:D:o:eek: /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

DISConnected
Feb 07 2007, 09:36 PM
A little bit of beer just came out my nose. :D

Joe
Feb 08 2007, 09:28 AM
:D:D

wheresdave
Feb 08 2007, 11:48 AM
Gator, Dont let the truth make you tell lies, just go out and practice and maybe one day soon you can beat this 50 year old man blind man. :o:D

bigbadude
Feb 08 2007, 01:12 PM
I have some questions about the bag tags.
Any pro's going to Victoria?
Do other player's (ams) have to accept my challange?
How is this gonna work?

DISConnected
Feb 08 2007, 01:38 PM
I have some questions about the bag tags.
Any pro's going to Victoria?

I think so.

Do other player's (ams) have to accept my challange?

Yes.

How is this gonna work?

If you lose your 2007 LODGA Bag Tag, please report it immediately. You may then purchase the next lowest number Bag Tag available. Replacement tags, if available, will cost $5.00.

Here are the rule's. I will also give you a copy of the rule's when you purchase a tag!
Thank you!!!!!

bigbadude
Feb 08 2007, 03:24 PM
Thanks You Sir. I printed the rules ;) see ya'll at Victoria :cool:

seewhere
Feb 26 2007, 09:28 AM
looks like el chile needs to change his signature to bag tag # 43 :D:eek:

see below

who has # 1????

seewhere
Feb 28 2007, 10:29 AM
amazing how quite this thread got. :D:p

Laura12670
Feb 28 2007, 10:35 AM
Oh ya! RT I have that money for you.... Let me know when I can drop it off... Are you going to Nani this Saturday?

rtinsa
Feb 28 2007, 03:27 PM
I might be there sat.

vinnie
Feb 28 2007, 03:37 PM
thanks for sending a tag......Now I wish I could find some challenges

rtinsa
Feb 28 2007, 03:41 PM
looks like el chile needs to change his signature to bag tag # 43 :D:eek:

see below

who has # 1????

Rick Gaskill has #1 I believe.
Your welcome Vin.

bigbadude
Mar 01 2007, 01:43 PM
At Lago Vista, bring your tag ;)

vinnie
Mar 01 2007, 03:26 PM
i'll have mine......but I am sure noone will except my challenge :confused:

bigbadude
Mar 01 2007, 05:13 PM
noone

:confused:
I'm your huckleberry ;) So are we on for sunday?

vinnie
Mar 02 2007, 08:13 AM
sure....as long as its not a one way street. somefolks take tags too series..."your not on my card......don't count in doubles......I don't have to take a side challenge" :D
but hey I play for fun!

bigbadude
Mar 02 2007, 12:23 PM
uh? You need to talk to me.I don't have ESP. ;) I'm lost are you going to accept my challange. :confused: :(

vinnie
Mar 02 2007, 03:28 PM
sure good times...anybody else got a tag going to Lago?

seewhere
Mar 10 2007, 04:57 PM
nice round Josh I guess I made it pretty easy for you to keep #1 with all those wide right 8ft's :confused: I want rematch :D

vinnie
Mar 12 2007, 10:17 AM
rematch...I can't get a match.....oh well

vinnie
Mar 12 2007, 02:18 PM
josh can I get a lil action

vinnie
Mar 16 2007, 09:07 AM
huh?

DISConnected
Mar 16 2007, 11:14 AM
I think Josh is offline, (convenient, isnt it?)

I will relay your challenge...I'll see him tomorrow.

mistuhmiles
Mar 22 2007, 12:11 AM
i'm back online and will accept any challenges. good meeting you c.ware look forward to next time. maybe we will both play better.

seewhere
Mar 22 2007, 10:34 AM
good meeting you c.ware look forward to next time. maybe we will both play better.

you too

vinnie
Apr 24 2007, 12:09 PM
defended #4 Sunday against jimbob.
Rock, paper, sissors /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

JerryChesterson
Jul 02 2007, 12:25 PM
Are any of these left for purchase?

Joe
Jul 02 2007, 10:53 PM
Are any of these left for purchase?

See Mr. Evans.

TXZRX1100
Jul 03 2007, 06:00 PM
I'll sell you mine, but it will be a real challenge for you because I'm sporting #46 at the moment...
Dr. Safety

JerryChesterson
Jul 04 2007, 10:57 AM
I'll sell you mine, but it will be a real challenge for you because I'm sporting #46 at the moment...
Dr. Safety

How much do you want to sell it for?

vinnie
Jul 05 2007, 11:02 AM
#4 is lost to the wind..........them tags need better contactors...mind broke and is ..........

seewhere
Sep 24 2007, 03:03 PM
hey RT quick question for you. Would a final 9 in a tournament be conisdered a ROUND ????

rtinsa
Sep 25 2007, 07:03 PM
No sir.

Sorry for the slow response. Been busy.
Take care,
RT

hardways78222
Sep 25 2007, 09:21 PM
I, sure miss seeing you, Sir !!!! May nothing but good come your way. ;)

seewhere
Sep 26 2007, 10:02 AM
thanks RT