dtwo
Nov 30 2006, 08:02 PM
Does the PDGA have any instructional guidlines for teaching Disc Golf?

I am looking for Course Outlines and/or Course Details for Disc Golf instruction. I would like to see materials for use at a Summer Camp (Disc Golf would be taught as a small part), and for a Recreational class (9 hrs total class time). I could also see the need for materials at the following levels; Collegiate, High School, Middle School, and Elementary School.

I have seen the materials on the E.D.G.E. Program (http://www.edgediscgolf.org/), and I like the SkillShot� Awards as a matter of "grading" someone. However, I think that a course outline/details would discuss how to start people off, and how to integrate course play. For example, I could see 2 or 3 hours of driving and putting practice, before taking someone to the course for the first time.

ck34
Nov 30 2006, 08:40 PM
I believe the actual EDGE course materials cover what you're looking for. Contact them first to see if what they have is sufficient.

pnkgtr
Nov 30 2006, 08:56 PM
I have created a scorecard for teaching disc golf. I can send you what I have and you can see if you can use it.