slo
Oct 22 2006, 11:19 PM
H.B. is right across the street, so I can't vote, but I just heard of proposition "T" there.

....there is also going to be an anti-T fund-raising event, on a TEMP course, the day of our scheduled Monthlie. I am leaning towards cancelling Eldo's in a sign of solidarity, but I just heard TODAY, etc. So, I'm going to find out more, and post Monday.

quickdisc
Oct 23 2006, 04:44 PM
Yea , post more. This is Important !!!!!

Is there a ballot measure proposed yet , besides this Prop T and what does it entail?

Is the City of Huntington Beach Parks and Recreation Department , behind the Proposition ?

What day exactly do you need us there and at what time ?

PLEASE POST ALL YOU CAN ABOUT THIS !!!!!!!!!

Donny Olow
5589 Brunswick ave.
San Diego , CA. 92120-1830

[email protected]

slo
Oct 24 2006, 06:23 PM
Sorry to leave people hanging; I had to speak with, etc. Yes, I am cancelling our Monthlie, and trying to get others involved in being @HB on Saturday the 28th. Here's the Higher Flyer's page (http://www.higherflyers.com/home.html) on it; here's the Save Our Park site (http://www.savecentralpark.org/). It's going to be more than a temp course. Music, 'Bounces' for the kids, etc.

...as of this writing, Mark was 14/18ths there on the basket round-up.

slo
Oct 27 2006, 12:24 PM
The GD coverband Cubensis is slated to perform @ Noon o'clock, according to their website. That should be worth the trip alone.

slo
Oct 29 2006, 02:42 PM
As I understand it, the organizers were pretty satisfied with the outcome. The Temp Course raised appx. $1,500, and the 'regular' course took in a similar amount of donations. I was there Noon�3, and there was a lot of DG participation, constantly.

Thanks to all who helped provide portable targets, to make this event possible. I understand the LaMa contingent really stepped up; the Long Beach connection was the loan of 2 Discutter baskets, courtesy of Nick Karanzias.

quickdisc
Nov 07 2006, 08:22 PM
How'd it end up ? Is it still on going ?

http://www.savecentralpark.org/

Sorry to hear about Mike.
http://www.higherflyers.com/home.html

discette
Nov 08 2006, 10:39 AM
Here are the election results for the Senior Center Vote in HB
A Yes vote supports the Senior Center.

All precincts reporting:

Yes - 22824 - 50.8%
No - 22105 - 49.2%

rhett
Nov 08 2006, 12:39 PM
For anybody who thinks their vote doesn't count, take a look at that one.

So does than mean HB loses holes 1 and 2, or is it worse than that?

quickdisc
Nov 13 2006, 06:06 PM
Hey Steve , do you know where exactly this Senior Center is going to be located on the course ?
Is it on the lower or upper part of the course ?

Does the equestering folks ( Horses ) still use the upper part of the course ?

slo
Nov 13 2006, 09:29 PM
Well, the anti-Parks measure passed, but just narrowly. If there's a recount, the site above doesn't reflect it.

"Not exactly," but I recall the map [at the event] looked as if 1 & 2 were being stolen outright; I believe #7 will be affected, as well. A massive parking lot [to the North] will further impinge.

....I think the Horse Nazis have their own area, and keep-to-it, now.

quickdisc
Nov 17 2006, 08:26 PM
"Horse Nazis " ? :eek:

magilla
Nov 18 2006, 12:33 PM
"Horse Nazis " ? :eek:

"Horse Nazi" - typical Horse owner who thinks that THEY are "God's Gift" to the World and they have ALL rights and you have NONE.....They get ALOT of attention because they typically are amoung the "Upper Class" in a region.. /msgboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

ie..They have MORE money and are really good at threatening politicians. :eek:

The "Horse Nazi's" have ALWAYS been a "sore spot" at the HB course........AND in other areas... :mad:

They kept me from installing a course at Chatsworth Park in the Western San Fernando Valley in '94....They were also the main "opposition" to the "Crane Creek" course in NorCal that was removed about the same time in '94..... :mad:

BUT after 12 years the "Crane Creek" course is now being prepared for re-installation.. ..in a NEW layout :D

Horses AND "flying, colored objects" dont mix..... :p
I grew up with horses......Not a good mix...

quickdisc
Nov 20 2006, 04:44 PM
I remember that : " They were also the main "opposition" to the "Crane Creek" course in NorCal that was removed about the same time in '94".....

Will there be 18 new holes ?

slo
Nov 23 2006, 02:21 PM
I remember that : " They were also the main "opposition" to the "Crane Creek" course in NorCal that was removed about the same time in '94".....

Will there be 18 new holes ?

....perhaps someone will actually contact Mr. Evans for the skinny next week. Perhaps some other part of the park will be designated for "Frisbee Golf". There was enough space for 36 holes and everything else that day, so.........

Perhaps the holes will shrink. I don't know. I'm not a Club Member, or even an HB Subject [thankfully].

Nov 26 2006, 07:12 PM
hey! anyone who plans to go to hb monthly this sat? lemme know cuz need rides :D

quickdisc
Nov 28 2006, 03:04 PM
Hope to see you in San Diego sometime soon Tan !!!!

Nov 28 2006, 03:16 PM
I should come to MF this Sat to watch Team Challenge. I will root for SD... No, better HB. Nah.. better neutral, ha!

ANHYZER
Nov 28 2006, 03:18 PM
6|9

Nov 28 2006, 03:21 PM
****! i wanna play! next year, add one deaf player on each team. i ll kick every deaf player from each team. ha! /msgboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif :D

quickdisc
Dec 05 2006, 04:58 PM
If a new 18 hole Huntington Beach course is available , what side of the park ?

slo
Dec 07 2006, 02:38 AM

I never said one WAS available. I don't know what's happening, if anything, or what. A compromise may be....etc.

However, for reference, that temp course startED just off the West Parking Lot, at the terminus of Central Park Drive East*. Now CPDE [i]itself is overflow Central Park parking, but I mean the lot proper. Temp #1 went Northaways, along the back lots of some Homes, then after that I'm not sure; didn't look at a map, or play. But the temp course headed towards the Shipley Nature Center area [where the Bald Eagle was plainly visible, making rounds].

* Yes, East, although it is on the Westmost side of the park, and there is no CPD Central, or West, nor plain 'ol.
....according to google reality this street is a discontinuous spur of Talbert, but in People, Disc and Auto reality, it's signed CPDE, for sure, like Thomas Bros. Maps says. REAL Talbert runs from Springdale to Edwards, [and also from Golden West to the Library]. CPDE is a direct continuation of Varsity [on the west side of Edwards] [No signal here; 4-way stop].

sabe?

quickdisc
Dec 07 2006, 05:52 PM

I never said one WAS available. I don't know what's happening, if anything, or what. A compromise may be....etc.

However, for reference, that temp course startED just off the West Parking Lot, at the terminus of Central Park Drive East*. Now CPDE [i]itself is overflow Central Park parking, but I mean the lot proper. Temp #1 went Northaways, along the back lots of some Homes, then after that I'm not sure; didn't look at a map, or play. But the temp course headed towards the Shipley Nature Center area [where the Bald Eagle was plainly visible, making rounds].

* Yes, East, although it is on the Westmost side of the park, and there is no CPD Central, or West, nor plain 'ol.
....according to google reality this street is a discontinuous spur of Talbert, but in People, Disc and Auto reality, it's signed CPDE, for sure, like Thomas Bros. Maps says. REAL Talbert runs from Springdale to Edwards, [and also from Golden West to the Library]. CPDE is a direct continuation of Varsity [on the west side of Edwards] [No signal here; 4-way stop].

sabe?

Thanks !!!