MP757
Oct 20 2006, 04:35 PM
What's the word on this course. Does anyone have opinions, directions, maps, the usual? What's the word on the other two parks mentioned in this link. SA parks & rec (http://www.sanantonio.gov/sapar/discgolfcourse.asp)

geomy
Oct 20 2006, 05:31 PM
Allow me to direct your attention here:

http://www.pdga.com/msgboard/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=580741&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Things have changed (so I've heard) a little since my initial visit, so take it all with a grain of salt. It's a fun course if you're in the area, but I wouldn't go out of my way to play it. Good for beginners and familes looking to kill a half-hour. Bring water.

Paul Taylor
Oct 20 2006, 07:13 PM
Nani is a great little beginner course that has a wide variety of hole lengths...from 100 ft to a little over 450. the course is a little muddy right now with all of the rain that we have had, but by the weekend, it should be okay to play. The P and R of SA have put down hyro-mulch for the fairways and they are starting to green up. A couple of the pin placements were moved to elleviate the danger of someone being hit on the next tee box.

A new design has been done to make another 9 holes using the existing 9 pin placements. The length is longer and much more challenging. As soon as it dries up enough, I will measure it and get a m,ap on this board of the "new' 9 holes.

Put November 4 on your calander for a mini here at Nani. We will play 27 holes...original, alternate 9 and original. I know it is the same time a VPO, but it does not conflict with anything else in the area. There will be a bounty for a -9 on the original 9 holes.

Hope this helps.

SAP
Oct 24 2006, 04:52 PM
I'll be at VPO.....when will there be another mini? Nani is cool!!! A little bit of everything.

Thx-SAP

Joe
Oct 24 2006, 04:58 PM
What time do we play?

Paul Taylor
Oct 26 2006, 03:30 PM
Here is the information for the mini at Nani Falcone next Saturday.

Nani Falcone
Disc Golf Course
Mini Tournament
Saturday, November 4, 2006
2:00 PM

Registration @ 1:00 - 1:30
@ hole 1

Format: 27 Holes (Singles)
Rd.1 Original 9
Rd.2 Alternate 9
Rd.3 Original 9

$20 BOUNTY for a 9 under on the original 9 holes in round 1 or 3.

Three divisions:
Pro $17
Amateur $12
Beginners $7

Payout to be as follows
$2 for CTP and bounty if carded
$15, $10, $5 for payout

There will be no ace pot, so, 5-1 will be enforced for all aces in the Pro and Amateur divisions

OB will be walking path and beyond on all holes.
Example � if you tee off inside the walking path and the basket is inside the walking path then anything on the walking path or beyond will be OB.
Only one hole is completely outside the walking path and that one will play just the opposite.

2 meter rule will be in effect�add snicker here :D

ps...I will bring a small kids wading pool to put behind # 8 so Jody will fell at home. :o

Paul Taylor
Oct 26 2006, 03:33 PM
If things go great next weekend we will try and do this again in December. The alternate 9 holes played backwards make this a challenging little course.

Paul Taylor
Oct 26 2006, 03:37 PM
What's the word on this course. Does anyone have opinions, directions, maps, the usual? What's the word on the other two parks mentioned in this link. SA parks & rec

Check out the website now...our very own LOPAR is featured with his poetic putting. SA PARK AND REC (http://www.sanantonio.gov/sapar/discgolfcourse.asp?res=1024&ver=true)

Joe
Oct 26 2006, 05:26 PM
What's the word on this course. Does anyone have opinions, directions, maps, the usual? What's the word on the other two parks mentioned in this link. SA parks & rec

Check out the website now...our very own LOPAR is featured with his poetic putting. SA PARK AND REC (http://www.sanantonio.gov/sapar/discgolfcourse.asp?res=1024&ver=true)

And what about that RAINBOW drive of yours?

geomy
Oct 26 2006, 05:46 PM
If things go great next weekend we will try and do this again in December. The alternate 9 holes played backwards make this a challenging little course.

This sounds like fun, but I'll be camping up at Twin Parks that weekend. Hope to make it for December, though. Next time I'm out and have the course to myself, I'm going to try it backwards.

Paul Taylor
Oct 26 2006, 06:57 PM
And what about that RAINBOW drive of yours?

I didn't see that one, was it good?

Here it is again, info about the mini, in case you missed it the first time.

Nani Falcone
Disc Golf Course
Mini Tournament
Saturday, November 4, 2006

@ hole 1

Rd.1 Original 9
Rd.2 Alternate 9
Rd.3 Original 9

Three divisions:
Pro $17
Amateur $12
Beginners $7

Payout to be as follows
$15, $10, $5 for payout

There will be no ace pot, so, 5-1 will be enforced for all aces in the Pro and Amateur divisions

Example � if you tee off inside the walking path and the basket is inside the walking path then anything on the walking path or beyond will be OB.
Only one hole is completely outside the walking path and that one will play just the opposite.

2 meter rule will be in effect�add snicker here

lisle
Oct 26 2006, 07:39 PM
Nani Falcone

9 under what??? An 18 for 9 holes will never be done. With a 540 foot hole and three 350+ footers, it would take 8 perfect drives and a fairway ace to shoot a -9. Might as well offer $30,000. /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Paul Taylor
Oct 26 2006, 08:05 PM
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nani Falcone

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9 under what??? An 18 for 9 holes will never be done. With a 540 foot hole and three 350+ footers, it would take 8 perfect drives and a fairway ace to shoot a -9. Might as well offer $30,000.

-9 on 9 holes..yes that is an 18 and I think it is worth something if somebody gets it. I have birdied (deuce) on everyhole out there (not all in the same round) except #4 and I think a fairway approach for a birdie is possible. And there are a couple of ace runs out there. :D:D

It's something to shoot for.

Joe
Oct 26 2006, 08:12 PM
Go to the first page of the s.a. parks and rec website.

geomy
Oct 27 2006, 02:58 AM
http://www.sanantonio.gov/sapar/images/discgolfrainbow.jpg

CGPRush
Oct 27 2006, 05:25 PM
If the juxtaposition of rainbow colors and alabaster legs doesn't make you want to try disc golf then nothing will!

jocur
Oct 27 2006, 05:54 PM
If the juxtaposition of rainbow colors and alabaster legs doesn't make you want to try disc golf then nothing will!

I once had a bad case of "juxtaposition" but little bit of Penicillin cleared it right up. :D

jocur
Oct 27 2006, 05:57 PM
Paul throwing a rainbow dyed disc under a rainbow.... :confused:

I think there is a subliminal message here. DO you enjoy show tunes as well?? :confused:

:D:D

geomy
Oct 27 2006, 07:56 PM
Doesn't everyone? :confused:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOklahoma....

Laura12670
Oct 29 2006, 11:21 PM
2 meter rule will be in effect�add snicker here

hahahaha!!! funny!! :D:Dgood one Paul!!

BTW, this is great course, everyone will have fun on Saturday! :cool: Especially on hole 5 hahahaha!! :D

MP757
Oct 30 2006, 04:12 AM
Went and played this really bad excuse of a course, if you even want to call it a course? A flat open field with nine baskets, which you can see 8 of from the first tee box is pointless. Who convinced somebody this place was a "good" idea? From my experience courses like this end up never getting played and good baskets end up stolen from a course no one cares about. I did get a chance to play the UTSA campus course and it was twice as good as the "NANI". If they added nine more holes to this place it would be worth playing more often.

Joe
Oct 30 2006, 10:04 AM
:p It is a start. This course is NOT a tournament quality course, but to the powers that be (City of S.A.), they may base future courses on what they see and what we do.

jocur
Oct 30 2006, 12:34 PM
A new place to play is a new place to play. Last I checked the City of San Antonio had just 1 other course. No need to bash any S.A. disc golf course.
But thanks for your negative vibe.
Hope to NOT see you on the course, Dr P aka Nani Hater.

:D

geomy
Oct 30 2006, 01:19 PM
Played again Friday afternoon...it looks better, but still a little sparse as far as trees. The grass is coming in under what I assume a temporary sprinklers. The biggest factor was the wind holwing over the open field...20+ gusts...added probably 4-5 throws to my round...I know - on a 9-hole course. Also tried playing it in reverse. The trees seem to come into play more this way than normally.

lisle
Oct 30 2006, 03:55 PM
Went and played this really bad excuse of a course, if you even want to call it a course? A flat open field with nine baskets, which you can see 8 of from the first tee box is pointless. Who convinced somebody this place was a "good" idea? From my experience courses like this end up never getting played and good baskets end up stolen from a course no one cares about. I did get a chance to play the UTSA campus course and it was twice as good as the "NANI". If they added nine more holes to this place it would be worth playing more often.

Play it a couple more times and it will grow on you. There is quite a bit of elevation, and if you treat the paths and beyond as o.b., it makes it more of a challenge.

Believe it or not, this course will get played plenty by people who play for fun. It's courses like Nani that help grow the sport of disc golf. Come out on Saturday and get spanked.

Joe
Oct 30 2006, 03:57 PM
Challenge is all in the Imagination.......

Paul Taylor
Oct 30 2006, 04:46 PM
Tell you what Dr.P..aka *******, you just hit a very bad nerve. You stay in your neck of the woods and play with pitiful little self all you want and stay out of San Antonio. Nani Falcone is not a tournament course and it never will be, but it is a course. It is just perfect for beginners to play and learn about the game of disc golf. I do not know how many old or found discs that I have given to people who have stopped me to ask what this game is or to kids who have just stepped up to try and throw a disc. It was a great joy to be out with a couple of good friends last week and see a dad and his 3 year old throwing a discs at a basket, and yes the three year old was playing and it was even raining at the time. Do not tell me that this is a nothing of a course. I remember a couple of years ago the course that you probably call home was nothing and the powers to be were ready to pull it up,but they didn't.

So please do me a favor and keep your sorry little arse off of the San Antonio courses until you learn to respect the game for what it is.

Paul Taylor
Oct 30 2006, 04:47 PM

Thanks Corey, I didn't know that you cared. :D:D

Hope to see you Saturday.

Paul Taylor
Oct 30 2006, 04:50 PM
Paul throwing a rainbow dyed disc under a rainbow....

Don't go there... I don't want you to give to much information out about you and Dave...TMI :o

wheresdave
Oct 30 2006, 05:08 PM
**** you had to drag me into to this too. :mad::eek:

JHouston
Oct 30 2006, 07:21 PM
Whom is this infamous Dr Pekar, he is scared to speak up now or even say who he is. Dr. Pekar thats who he is!!!

Joe
Oct 30 2006, 07:25 PM
You just don't want to mess with the LODGAS!!!!!!!!!

CGPRush
Oct 31 2006, 12:27 AM
I'll be there allright. I like the course even if it is just a beginner's course. The 4 times I've been there I've seen and talked to families and kids who asked about disc golf. I've also seen other golfers talking to curious bystanders. That kind of interaction is exactly what this course is all about. When we get a few more courses like this in SA all generating more and more interest and use it will all add up eventually into a world class disc golf park in the city and maybe a top-notch tournament to be one of the grand slams in disc golf (dream big I say).

See you on the course.

CGPRush
Oct 31 2006, 12:37 AM
Put November 4 on your calander for a mini here at Nani. We will play 27 holes...original, alternate 9 and original.

Speaking of the mini I have a couple of observations/questions.

The last 2 times I've been to the park the parking lot was full and I had to use one of the 2 or 3 visitor's parking spaces across the street at the fire station. If we get a good turn out for the mini and there are other people at the park using the other facilities where are we all going to park?

Also, the water sprinklers were either running or had been running recently when I was there. This made for some sloppy footing at various places especially around the tee box at 8. Is there some way we can get the SAP&R to leave the sprinklers off for a day or two before the mini to let things dry up?

Looking forward to the mini. Everybody come on out and get you some.

lisle
Nov 01 2006, 03:24 PM
If the lot is full, you can park on the shoulder of Mystic Park.

Paul Taylor
Nov 01 2006, 10:27 PM
Okay here is the description of the alternate course at Nani. Sorry I cannot link the map to this page right now.

1A - #1 tee box to #8 basket - 368 feet
2A - #8 tee box to #7 basket - 184 feet
3A - #8 tee box to #6 basket - 360 feet
4A - #7 tee box to #1 basket - 305 feet
5A - #4 tee box to #5 basket - 508 feet
6A - #6 tee box to #4 basket - 258 feet
7A - outside of walking path across from #4 basket to #3 basket - 523 feet
8A - #4 tee box to #2 basket - 314 feet
9A - #2 tee box to #9 basket - 336 feet

You have to negotiate different paths this way since some of the newly planted trees create new obstacles, but there are clear paths.

No mando's this time but next time we might have to put some in place as the foot traffic and usage of the park increases.

Hope to see as many people out there as possible.

lisle
Nov 02 2006, 10:23 AM
I think there is a difference in the skill level for a rec or int. player that has been playing for 1-2 years and a true beginner.

I have a brother-in-law and a few other people that are true beginners and would like to get into disc golf. If Intermediate and rec players choose to gravitate to the 'beginner' division, it will ruin it for the true newbies. Should we have a Pro, Am, Rec and Beginner division, or force the rec guys into the Am division so the beginner division can be true beginners?

Thoughts?

Paul Taylor
Nov 02 2006, 02:03 PM
I think there is a difference in the skill level for a rec or int. player that has been playing for 1-2 years and a true beginner.

I have a brother-in-law and a few other people that are true beginners and would like to get into disc golf. If Intermediate and rec players choose to gravitate to the 'beginner' division, it will ruin it for the true newbies. Should we have a Pro, Am, Rec and Beginner division, or force the rec guys into the Am division so the beginner division can be true beginners?

Thoughts?

My intentions are this...Only players who have not played in anything organized will be allowed to play in the lower division this time. If you have played before, and we know who you are, then you will play up.

Executive decision made. A true beginner division.

Paul Taylor
Nov 04 2006, 08:00 PM
Here are the results of the first mini. 27 holes were played, the 1st nine and 3rd nine were the original layout and the 2nd nine was an alternate 9 that basically played the course backwards.

Open Division - par 81

1st - Tracy Olsen -10
2nd - Lisle Updike -9
3rd - Pete Lopez -8
4th - Larry Vodron -5
T5th - Shawn Hess -4
T5th - Carlos Molina -4
T5th - Robert Gukian -4
JimBob Karshis -3
Matt Farrar - E
Joe Soto +1
Matt Malaine +3
Brad Wells +4

Amatuer Division

1st -Paul Taylor -6
2nd - Corey Peschke +5
Joe Minella +10

Recreation/Beginner Division

1st - John Barton +15
2nd - Laura Karshis +17
Jennifer Moreno +22

LOPAR hits an ace on #5 during the 3rd round for $10 from his card. He also narrowly misses #8 during the same round.

Carlos and Larry split the CTP as both of them are 11 1/2 feet from the pole.

Great time had by all and there were cries for another mini on December 2.

SO, we will have another mini then and have a send off for JimBob and Laura as they prepare to leave for the Disc Golf Cruise.

Had a blast guys and gals.

wheresdave
Nov 06 2006, 11:01 AM
My intentions are this...Only players who have not played in anything organized will be allowed to play in the lower division this time. If you have played before, and we know who you are, then you will play up.

Hmmmm Paul why were you the only one to play down this weekend. :confused: Dont you play Advance Master. :o:DBAGGER :o:D

Nov 19 2006, 06:00 PM
ive been driving by the park for the past 2 years not knowing the coarse was there. Ill check it out since its about the same distance as LO

Paul Taylor
Nov 21 2006, 08:23 PM
Nani Falcone
Disc Golf Course
Mini Tournament
Saturday, December 2, 2006

@ hole 1

Rd.1 Original 9
Rd.2 Alternate 9
Rd.3 Original 9

Three divisions:
Pro $17
Amateur $12
Beginners $7

Payout to be as follows
$15, $10, $5 for payout

Come on out and wish our Disc Golf Cruiser's, JimBob and Baby, "bon voyage". :D :D

Laura12670
Nov 22 2006, 10:09 AM
Nani Falcone
Disc Golf Course
Mini Tournament

@ hole 1

Rd.1 Original 9
Rd.2 Alternate 9
Rd.3 Original 9

Three divisions:
Pro $17
Amateur $12
Beginners $7

Payout to be as follows
$15, $10, $5 for payout

Come on out and wish our Disc Golf Cruiser's, JimBob and Baby, "bon voyage". :D :D

awwww..... how nice...... :D

Nov 22 2006, 08:38 PM
Well I guess I might just go there Friday to practice.

Nov 24 2006, 02:36 PM
just finished playing out there. good beginner course and with due time it will be nice....just need time for the planted trees to grow.

One thing I didnt understand is who decides how the pars will be? like hole #1 was marked as 365 par 4 and I landed under the basket! All the holes should be par 3 imo

Paul Taylor
Nov 27 2006, 03:02 PM
Okay, here is the official mini information for the coming weekend. Lets all come and have a great send off for Laura and JimBob.

Nani Falcone
Disc Golf Course
Bon Voyage Mini Tournament

@ hole 1

Rd.1 Original 9
Rd.2 Alternate 9
Rd.3 Original 9

Three divisions:
Pro $17
Amateur $12
Beginners $7

Payout to be as follows
$15, $10, $5 for payout

There will be no ace pot, so, 5-1 will be optional for all aces in the Pro and Amateur divisions

Only two holes are completely outside the walking path and those will play just the opposite.

2 meter rule will be in effect

Paul Taylor
Nov 27 2006, 03:07 PM
Sorry, I forgot to add this.

I got an email from the P and R department of SA asking if we had had a tournament over the weekend last month. I replied back saying that we had around 20 people show and some were new to the sport, I sent a very glowing report to their office. Well... the reply I got back was this....

"You do know that alcohol is not allowed in the city parks of San Antonio." I guess they didn't like the amount of beer cans in the trash cans.

So... all I am saying is just be careful and know that if the Park Police show up, you might want to hide the evidence.

Paul Taylor
Dec 01 2006, 11:25 AM
Boy, it sure is quite on this thread, here is the info again for this weekend.

Okay, here is the official mini information for the coming weekend. Lets all come and have a great send off for Laura and JimBob.

Nani Falcone
Disc Golf Course
Bon Voyage Mini Tournament

@ hole 1

Rd.1 Original 9
Rd.2 Alternate 9
Rd.3 Original 9

Three divisions:
Pro $17
Amateur $12
Beginners $7

Payout to be as follows
$15, $10, $5 for payout

There will be no ace pot, so, 5-1 will be optional for all aces in the Pro and Amateur divisions

Only two holes are completely outside the walking path and those will play just the opposite.

jimbo1944
Dec 01 2006, 12:33 PM
Since this is my first time on the course, I guess I will play beginner. :D

Okay, start the comments from the peanut gallery or in Dave's case,it is just the nut gallery.

geomy
Dec 01 2006, 12:36 PM
I think I'll be able to make this - thank goodness for afternoon starts...

I hear Dave enjoys a warm, salty nut. :p

wheresdave
Dec 01 2006, 12:46 PM
you silly rabbit

geomy
Dec 01 2006, 12:55 PM
http://www.bluecrabbay.com/images/076_saltnuts.jpg

Wait, what did you think I was talking about?

mistuhmiles
Dec 01 2006, 04:28 PM
i'll be in attendance as well. can't wait to play the course.

JHouston
Dec 02 2006, 12:47 PM
$15 is for 1st in pro div but we are paying in $17 just a question?

Joe
Dec 02 2006, 01:28 PM
Will the lake behind #5 be in play?

Paul Taylor
Dec 02 2006, 08:11 PM
Mini Results from 12/2

25 players with a $50 CTP pot - winner Josh Barling

Pro Division - Par 81
1st - Pete - 67 - $75
2nd - Orlando - 69 - $50
3rd - Lyle - 71 - $30
4th - Brian S - 72 - $12.50
4th - Larry - 72 - $12.50
6th - Matt - 73
7th - Jayson - 76
8th - Tracy - 80
9th - JimBob - 82
9th - Carlos - 82
11th - Josh - 83
12th - Ruben - 85

Amateur - Par 81

1st - Paul - 78 - $40
2nd - Corey - 83 - $20
2nd - Joe M - 83 - $20
2nd - George - 83 - $20
5th - Jim - 86 - $3
5th - Jarrod - 86 - $3
5th - Joe G - 86 - $3
8th - Brian P - 87
8th - Geoff - 87
10th Jeff M - 100
11th - Jerry - 103

Beginner - Par - 81 No OB

1st - Todd - 80 - $10
2nd - Stacey - 86 - $5
3rd - John - 99

Next months mini will be January 6th and we will begin at 1:00pm with registration 12:00-12:30. The Pro's and maybe the am's will play one round (9 holes) within the pipes (fairway only). I will have a rope for the ditch on 7a for both the Pros and Ams, so the ditch will be OB.

Had a blast folks, ya'll come back now, ya hear. :D

JHouston
Dec 02 2006, 08:29 PM
Nice shootin Corey and Joe way to beat Guzman!!!!! : :cool::p

Joe
Dec 02 2006, 09:16 PM
It didn't take much! :eek:

rtinsa
Dec 03 2006, 09:18 AM
Sound's like fun! Congrat's to all! Can't wait to play Nani.

CGPRush
Dec 05 2006, 02:00 PM
Nice shootin Corey and Joe way to beat Guzman!!!!! : :cool::p

Thanks! I'm going to petition the TD to make that bagger Paul move up. I've finished second to him twice in a row.

Paul Taylor
Jan 03 2007, 12:10 AM
Change in plans for this months mini. We will start at 10:00 in the morning and play fairways only for the PROS during the 1st nine. There will be a rope for hole 7a so the ditch will be OB for both PRO and AM.

Thinking about a glow mini for the month of February. :) :)

Nani Falcone
Disc Golf Course
Mini Tournament
Saturday, January 6, 2007
<font color="red"> 10:00 AM</font>

Registration @ 9:30 - 10:00
@ hole 1

Rd.1 Original 9 <font color="red"> (fairway only - PRO) </font>
Rd.2 Alternate 9 <font color="red"> (fairway only - PRO) </font>
Rd.3 Original 9

Three divisions:
Pro $17
Amateur $12

Payout to be as follows
$15 and $10 for payout

Ruben
Jan 03 2007, 12:47 AM
well Paul I hope you move up , since this your home course and give the other golfers a fair share of some that money, after all we are only there to have fun see friends and play against better competition. :cool:

Paul Taylor
Jan 03 2007, 09:00 AM
I will be moving up, that is why I played OPEN in Gonzo.

Now I know what RT feels like...

Laura12670
Jan 03 2007, 11:02 AM
[QUOTE]
Thinking about a glow mini for the month of February. :) :)

<font color="red">THIS WOULD BE FUN!!! </font>

Nani Falcone
Disc Golf Course
Mini Tournament

I didn't know this was going on.... Not sure if Jimmy and I can make it, but if we do I will bring out some PDGA Membership forms out there too. I hope Jimmy wants to play...... :p
Bunny? :D:D

wheresdave
Jan 03 2007, 11:46 AM
I will be moving up, that is why I played OPEN in Gonzo.

Now I know what RT feels like...

Keep your personal secerts to yourself :o:D

Laura12670
Jan 04 2007, 03:34 PM
Nani Falcone
Disc Golf Course
Mini Tournament

Isn't it suppose to rain on Saturday? :(

wheresdave
Jan 04 2007, 03:47 PM
AND :confused: :D

Paul Taylor
Jan 04 2007, 05:21 PM
Quote:

Nani Falcone
Disc Golf Course
Mini Tournament
10:00 AM

Isn't it suppose to rain on Saturday?

According to weather.com - 53, partly cloudy and windy.

I will take a vote before we begin if it is too windy and go with the majority about the fairways only round.

Laura12670
Jan 05 2007, 11:07 AM
Quote:

Nani Falcone
Disc Golf Course
Mini Tournament
10:00 AM

Isn't it suppose to rain on Saturday?

According to weather.com - 53, partly cloudy and windy.

I will take a vote before we begin if it is too windy and go with the majority about the fairways only round.

I saw the weather this morning and it will only be 10% chance of rain for tomorrow, I think...

So if MY MAN says ok, we will be there tomorrow.... :D

Laura12670
Jan 05 2007, 02:54 PM
Not making it tomorrow guys, sorry. Something came up...

But please bring your membership money to U.C. Sunday mini, will be there for sure..... :cool:

Thanks Baby ;)

rtinsa
Jan 06 2007, 10:51 AM
Anyone heading out there?

losotd
Jan 06 2007, 11:11 AM
leaving at 9am

SAP
Jan 06 2007, 11:18 AM
I'm there..........oh and the rest of the Pereida family, too! :cool:

Paul Taylor
Jan 06 2007, 08:57 PM
14 brave souls braved the wind this morning for the monthly mini. We decided that the PROs would not play fairways only during the first round because of the wind. If anybody questions the how hard the wind was blowing, just ask Brian and his now famous 'dancing' WRAITH. With everybody playing the same format we also decided to have a mass BAG TAG challenge. Here are the results and also the new bag tag numbers.

CTP winner - Brian 'thumber' Schmidt - $28

PROs

1st - Ray Pereida - 79 $60
2nd - Rick Gaskill - 80 $30
3rd - Brian Schmidt - 81 $7.50
3rd - RT Evans - 81 $7.50
5th - Orlando Pereida - 83
5th - Josh Barling - 83
7th - Paul Taylor - 87

AMs

1st - David McKibbon - 88 $25
2nd - Ernie Hernandez - 89 $15
3rd - Joe Minella - 96 $10
4th - Stacey Pereida - 101
4th - Armando Urias - 101

NOVICE

1st - Todd Huckaby - 90 $10
2nd - John Fisher - 100

Welcome Todd and John to the most addicting game on the planet Earth. They played in their first mini today in weather that kept others in. :D:D

Bag tag results:

Began with - NAME - New number

6 - Ray Pereida - 4
4 - Brian Schmidt - 6
22 - RT Evans - 7
7 - Orlando Pereida - 11
13 - Josh Barling - 13
37 - Paul Taylor - 22
27 - David McKibbon - 27
11 - Ernie Hernandez -- 28
28 - Joe Minella - 37
49 - Stacey Pereida - 49
Brian and RT tied and so did Orlando and Josh. Brian and Orlando had lower tag #'s to begin with so they retained the lower tag # of their respective ties.

Thanks guys and gals, had a great time. And for those of you who called me out to move up...WHERE WERE YOU? :D:D

opereida
Jan 06 2007, 10:38 PM
Buuuurrrrrrr!!! It was cold out there but like ALWAYS, It was FUN!!! Thanks Paul...

CGPRush
Jan 07 2007, 03:01 AM
... And for those of you who called me out to move up...WHERE WERE YOU? :D:D

CrAAAAp! I totally freaking forgot about this! :( :o:mad:

But thanks for moving up anyway.

Paul Taylor
Jan 07 2007, 02:30 PM
But thanks for moving up anyway.

:D:D:D

CrAAAAp! I totally freaking forgot about this!

And I thought this was our favorite course. :o That's okay, next mini you can pay for ALL of the entries. :D :D

Just to let everybody know, February 3rd mini will be a GLOW mini. Paula Hunt with the The San Antonio Express News fitness and recreation section will be there.

More info to follow soon.

Jan 07 2007, 05:35 PM
someone from the express news was out there today and he took some pics of me. it was super windy out there today with alot of mud. one of the water sprinklers was busted and spewing water all over hole 7 i think.

Paul Taylor
Jan 29 2007, 09:53 PM
Nani Falcone
Disc Golf Course
Glow Mini Tournament
Saturday, February 3, 2007
6:00 pm

Registration @ 5:30-6:00
@ hole 1

We will only play the original lay-out (2-3x) this month since it will be a glow round. There are too many ostacles on hole 7a to be safe and fun.

Bring either glow discs or go and buy the little red LED fishing lights at Academy to tape onto the bottom of your discs.
$20 BOUNTY for a 9 under on the original 9 holes.

Two divisions:
Pro $17
Amateur $12

Payout to be as follows
$15 and $10 for payout

There will be NO OB this month

Next month will be a Doubles Mini using the original 9, alternate 9 and a safari 9. I have not decided on whether to have bring your own partner or PRO/AM partner and one big event.

We might try to play WOLF for the April mini.

Laura12670
Jan 30 2007, 10:30 AM
Nani Falcone
Disc Golf Course
Glow Mini Tournament
Saturday, February 3, 2007
6:00 pm

Registration @ 5:30-6:00
@ hole 1

We will only play the original lay-out (2-3x) this month since it will be a glow round. There are too many ostacles on hole 7a to be safe and fun.

Bring either glow discs or go and buy the little red LED fishing lights at Academy to tape onto the bottom of your discs.

Two divisions:
Pro $17
Amateur $12

Payout to be as follows
$15 and $10 for payout

There will be NO OB this month

Next month will be a Doubles Mini using the original 9, alternate 9 and a safari 9. I have not decided on whether to have bring your own partner or PRO/AM partner and one big event.

We might try to play WOLF for the April mini.

AWESOME!! PAUL!! We will be there for sure!!

This course is great for night golf!! :cool::D

opereida
Jan 30 2007, 08:55 PM
I think these Nani Mini's are becoming my favorite!!! Night Golf, Doubles, Wolf, are Great ideas and things like that keep me coming back. Keep up the good work Paul, I'll see you Saturday Night... :)

geomy
Jan 31 2007, 02:35 AM
Gonna be out of town this weekend to help 3rd Coast get Waldron Park set up...sounds like it will be fun, though - will definitely try to make WOLF...haven't played that since Beeville's Am Shootout.

mistuhmiles
Jan 31 2007, 01:53 PM
excuse my ignorance but what is WOLF?

seewhere
Jan 31 2007, 02:15 PM
wolf (http://www.edgediscgolf.org/wolf.htm)

mistuhmiles
Jan 31 2007, 02:45 PM
sounds interesting thanks.

Paul Taylor
Jan 31 2007, 11:21 PM
excuse my ignorance but what is WOLF?

Seeware howling at the moon. :D:D

No really... it is a game that is not played as often as it used to be. I had never played until a couple of years ago and then the last time that I played, it had been so long since the previous time that I had to basically re-learn it.

Depending on the numbers that show up, will determine the the number on each card(sheet) I have played on a card with 11 players before and it was just a casual round and we ended up playing 4-vs-7. It was fun and slow, but we didn't have anywhere to go. It was good to get to know alot of new people that time and get to know others better. I don't think we will do a card of that many, but to me 7 is an ideal number with a 3-vs-4 scenario.

I will work on the pricing later and the number of skins per hole. I can gaurantee this....Wolf is FUN.

Paul Taylor
Feb 01 2007, 09:07 PM
Okay, with all of the talk about going to Victoria this weekend, I would like to know approximately how many are going to be at the mini this weekend.

I ask this not because I don't care about Victoria but because Paula Hunt from the Express-News is going to be there and is interested in how disc golf is beneficial for exercise. She is also intrigued by the prospect of seeing this game played at night.

I would appreciate some of you sounding off for this. This not only helps Nani, but the other courses as well. It is also a big plus to getting more courses in the ALAMO area when others start seeing this as a cardiovascular activity also. I would like to not let this lady down.

I know at least one person that is going to be there... :D

rtinsa
Feb 01 2007, 09:23 PM
I would go, but have plans that evening, Good Luck!

hardways78222
Feb 01 2007, 10:56 PM
Paul, I'm sorry I won't be able to make it. My wife and I have rodeo tickets.

mistuhmiles
Feb 02 2007, 02:33 AM
i'll see what i can do to make it.

CGPRush
Feb 02 2007, 03:05 AM
I'm planning on being there! :)

opereida
Feb 02 2007, 07:59 AM
I'll be there!!! :cool:

jimbo1944
Feb 02 2007, 09:53 AM
I will try and be there so you will have an example to show her that it is good even for the more mature generation. :D

Laura12670
Feb 02 2007, 10:51 AM
I'll be there!! Not sure if Jimbob can make it, he's a bit under the weather... :(

Joe
Feb 03 2007, 04:46 PM
Just picked up my lites and ready to play!

opereida
Feb 04 2007, 01:18 AM
I played the Night Mini at Nani tonight and was just overwhelmed by the kindness of so many people. We played two rounds of 9 Holes and had lots of fun. After the round Paul was doing the payout and said everyone took a vote and wanted to donate the money ($179.00) to my Mother In Law. WOW!!! We are soooo blessed to have such a great Disc Golf Family here in the San Antonio area. You guys and gals are AWESOME!!! Thanks Everyone!!!

Thanks Jerry and Paul for the raffle items you donated today, I hope I win some of those (Nice)!!!

Nice Ace Pete, put a light on it next time so I can see it. :)

Paul Taylor
Feb 06 2007, 01:10 AM
The Glo mini was awesome. First time I had played glo as a mini and in this type of condition. 12 players showed up on Saturday night along with Paula Hunt of the SA Express News. She talked to several people about what is disc golf and the logistics of playing. Lisle was abundant with information along with Joe and Corey. She also ended her stay at the park with an interview with Yoda.

here is the positions that we placed in for the night

Open
Pete - 45
Lisle - 46
Orlando - 47
Paul - 51
Ernie - 55
JimBob - 63

AM
Jim - 55
Joe - 58
Corey - 58
Justin - 61
Jerry - 63
Laura - 64

Best quote of the night -
"I have finished 2nd 3 times now, now I've got to get Jim to move up." :D

Okay Jim, you've been called out. :o

Next months mini, March 3rd, will be doubles with three different layouts.

Laura, I promise you that you get to start on #1 next month.

What a great night and remember to keep Terri in your prayers.

Laura12670
Feb 06 2007, 10:36 AM
Laura, I promise you that you get to start on #1 next month.

Paul, I don't want to start on hole #1, I just didn't want to be set aside in the back, while everybody is in the front... For some reason every mini is like that... Only cause you are an AM you get seperated from the whole crowd... Just want to feel like I belong... :D:p ;) hehehehe... :D:D

Don't worry, you did a great job!! Like always.... :cool::) Had a great time... :cool:

SAP
Feb 06 2007, 05:37 PM
Sorry, I missed playing with such a great group of individuals. I can't express enough how her heart has been touched. Thanks everyone....God bless!

Stacey

Paul Taylor
Feb 20 2007, 11:04 PM
Hello everyone. I just finished measurement of a SAFARI 9 for Nani and it will be the 3rd round of nine that we play on March 3. There is nothing under 400 feet. Because of the layout of that nine we will have to do some creative beginnings, but I think I have it worked out. Here are the hole and measurements.

1s - #1 tee to #2 basket - 461'
2s - #3 tee to #4 basket - 623'
3s - #5 tee to #7 basket - 428'
4s - #8 tee to #9 basket - 441'
5s - #1 tee to #5 basket - 605'
6s - #7a tee to #2 basket - 783'
7s - #2 tee to #8 basket - 491'
8s - #8 tee to #3 basket - 694'
9s - #3 tee to #9 basket - 419'

Round 1 will be the original 9 - best disc - singles or lowest score.
Round 2 will be alternate 9 - alternating throws
Round 3 will be safari - best shot or scramble

OB will be played in all three rounds and two new mandos:...to the left of the trees on #2 for both the original and safari round and to the right of the trees on #4s on the tee shot. Mando line will be marked for next shot.

Bring your own doubles partner or grab one when you get there. This will be a warm-up for TX states and WLD Doubles.

Brian, if I get the maps of the course to you, can you host them on LODGA.com?

losotd
Feb 21 2007, 12:25 AM
si

jimbob8
Feb 21 2007, 02:29 AM
Hello everyone. I just finished measurement of a SAFARI 9 for Nani and it will be the 3rd round of nine that we play on March 3. There is nothing under 400 feet. Because of the layout of that nine we will have to do some creative beginnings, but I think I have it worked out. Here are the hole and measurements.

1s - #1 tee to #2 basket - 461'
2s - #3 tee to #4 basket - 623'
3s - #5 tee to #7 basket - 428'
4s - #8 tee to #9 basket - 441'
5s - #1 tee to #5 basket - 605'
6s - #7a tee to #2 basket - 783'
7s - #2 tee to #8 basket - 491'
8s - #8 tee to #3 basket - 694'
9s - #3 tee to #9 basket - 419'

Round 1 will be the original 9 - best disc - singles or lowest score.
Round 2 will be alternate 9 - alternating throws
Round 3 will be safari - best shot or scramble

OB will be played in all three rounds and two new mandos:...to the left of the trees on #2 for both the original and safari round and to the right of the trees on #4s on the tee shot. Mando line will be marked for next shot.

Bring your own doubles partner or grab one when you get there. This will be a warm-up for TX states and WLD Doubles.

Brian, if I get the maps of the course to you, can you host them on LODGA.com?

Cool, since I didn't make tryouts, it will be Matt & I representing @ world dubs. We can use the extra get together to prepare.

Paul Taylor
Feb 23 2007, 11:10 AM
Nani Falcone
Disc Golf Course
Mini Tournament - DOUBLES
Saturday, March 3, 2007

Registration @ 1:15 -1:45
@ hole 1

Format: 27 Holes (Doubles)
Rd.1 Original 9 (best disc or singles)
Rd.2 Alternate 9 (alternate shot)
Rd.3 Safari (scramble)

Three divisions:
Pro $17
Amateur $12
Beginners - $7

Payout to be as follows
$15, $10 and $5 for payout

There will be no ace pot, so, 5-1 will be optional for all aces in the Pro and Amateur divisions � card decision

OB will be walking path and beyond on all holes. � exception will be the Safari round and check prior to teeing off for OB rules

Mando on holes 2 and 4s

ps...let the New braunfels boys know about this when you play the mini this weekend, since they don;y have internet access.

CGPRush
Feb 23 2007, 04:24 PM
Who needs a partner?

Anyone?

Bueller?

Bueller?

losotd
Feb 28 2007, 01:30 PM
Is this bring your own partner or random draw?

Paul Taylor
Feb 28 2007, 02:46 PM
If you are going to be playing in any of the upcoming doubles tournaments it will be a good warm up, so bring your own partner. If you don't have a partner you can pick one up at the tourney. I will probably do a random draw in the near future.

I know that I am partnerless as of right now,

Working on the WOLF scematics for next month now.

jocur
Feb 28 2007, 03:55 PM
What about a co-ed team?

Laura12670
Feb 28 2007, 04:54 PM
What about a co-ed team?

Co-ed? Who Ann? Cool!

Paul Taylor
Feb 28 2007, 05:10 PM
What about a co-ed team?

I thought Dave already had a partner :o:D...

Co-ed, go for it. Might be an idea in the works for that later on down the line.

jocur
Feb 28 2007, 06:09 PM
Dave thought it was Man and Beast doubles.... :D

Thanks, but my co-ed partner got cold feet.

Paul Taylor
Feb 28 2007, 07:14 PM
Well, tell her to practice up, we will have to do a mixed doubles event in the near future. Don't think we could do a man and beast tourney though, not enough breast to go around. ;)

Jody are you coming anyways?

jocur
Feb 28 2007, 09:00 PM
Well, tell her to practice up, we will have to do a mixed doubles event in the near future. Don't think we could do a man and beast tourney though, not enough BREAST to go around. ;)

Jody are you coming anyways?

Not enough, what??? to go around???? :o

You wrote it.

DISConnected
Feb 28 2007, 09:08 PM
Paul was thinking about bringing a bucket of chicken. :D

Paul Taylor
Feb 28 2007, 09:46 PM
ouch...my wife just popped me on the back of the head...

bad paul...bad, bad paul

jocur
Mar 01 2007, 01:29 PM
I re-read your post and I am still laughing....that's awesome... LOL Nice FREUDIAN slip, Paul. :D:o

Paul Taylor
Mar 02 2007, 02:32 PM
Thought I would get this back up to the top for a reminder

Nani Falcone
Disc Golf Course
Mini Tournament - DOUBLES
Saturday, March 3, 2007

@ hole 1

Format: 27 Holes (Doubles)
Rd.1 Original 9 (best disc or singles)
Rd.2 Alternate 9 (alternate shot)
Rd.3 Safari (scramble)

Three divisions:
Pro $17
Amateur $12
Beginners - $7

Payout to be as follows
$2 for CTP
$15, $10 and $5 for payout

There will be no ace pot, so, 5-1 will be optional for all aces in the Pro and Amateur divisions � card decision

OB will be walking path and beyond on all holes. � exception will be the Safari round and check prior to teeing off for OB rules

Mando on holes 2 and 4s

rtinsa
Mar 02 2007, 05:44 PM
Is that cost per team or per player?
just curious.

Paul Taylor
Mar 02 2007, 06:39 PM
Is that cost per team or per player?

per player, so each team would be double and payout would be based on that double pay...in other words 1st place team will be payed out as [email protected] 1st place singles

JHouston
Mar 03 2007, 09:02 PM
Scores?????? Ill chime in for c-ware

geomy
Mar 04 2007, 12:08 AM
Coda and Pete took pro with a 78 (-3).
Jason and Drew (sorry, no last names) take Am with a 94.

Lisle threw 3" from the pole to win $54 CTP.

Disc Coach with more....after these messages.

rtinsa
Mar 04 2007, 01:53 AM
Coda and Pete took pro with a 78 (-3).
Jason and Drew (sorry, no last names) take Am with a 94.

Lisle threw 3" from the pole to win $54 CTP.

Disc Coach with more....after these messages.

Nicely putt! :cool:

Paul Taylor
Mar 04 2007, 10:36 PM
What a day we had. 27 players playing doubles and that included10 new bodies on the course. 8 players played for the first time in a mini...WOW, and 2 new locals played AM.

There was a learning curve for me...too much criss crossing for the safari to work. I thought that if we started staggered on one hole in two different directions it would work, but alas, it looked like too much mayhem going on. ON the bright side of the safari course was two wild and unbelievable shots. Coda throwing 6s and the disc traveling near 600 feet. I think everybody on the course knew that when he got to 6s that he was going to unleash it. Everybody just stopped and watched, thanks goodness Pete was there to carry him the rest of the way :D Then on the final hole my partner parked a 500 foot anny with a Wraith around the mando. Way to go Lisle.

Always the bridesmaid and not the bride is Corey 'IRONMAN' Peschke. Corey played 'cali' for 27 holes after playing a bag tag challenge of 18. 45 holes in less than 5 hours. What a man. He also finished tied for 2nd in the AM division. I think next time he will accept the offer to play with a partner and not 'cali'. :D

Here are the results.

OPEN

Coda/Pete - 78
The Pereida BROS - 81
Lisle/Paul - 84
Sean/Tracey - 87
RT/Russell - 88
Ruben/Carlos - 90

AM

Jason/Drew - 94
Liz/Geoff - 98
Corey - 98
Baby and the Other(better half) Pereida - 129
talk about two ladies who didn't back down - there are two very luck gentlemen out there...

Beginners

Cody/Curtis - 99
Scott/Sean - 101
Rod/Garrett - 105
John/Keith (the fishermen) - 111

CTP - Lisle - $54

Next month will be WOLF and the prices will be $15 for OPEN and that will be .75 per hole with $1.50 going to CTP and $10 for AM and that will work out to .50 per hole and $1 going to CTP. A little more work but it WILL be FUN.

Y volleyball is over for me and my little girl, so I hope to see more of ya'll on your side of town in the near future.

CGPRush
Mar 09 2007, 03:24 AM
I think next time he will accept the offer to play with a partner and not 'cali'. :D

Amen, brother! :p

Paul Taylor
Apr 02 2007, 03:44 PM
The mini for this month will need to be canceled. We will play the 1st Saturday in May and the format will be WOLF.

The doctor did not fully release me today, I do get to go back to school(work) tomorrow with limited walking. Also with this being Easter weekend, others might already have plans. Hopefully by next month I will be playing again.

Have a great week and I will see you on the course again soon.

CGPRush
Apr 03 2007, 03:52 PM
Boo! I was looking forward to another second place finish!

perezjr
Apr 04 2007, 02:56 PM
So are they going to cut the grass anytime soon? Man it sucks right now.

seewhere
Apr 05 2007, 01:53 PM
welcome to the bored Jerry Jr and nice ace on hole # 2

Paul Taylor
Apr 05 2007, 07:21 PM
I came by Nani today on the way home from school and the course has been mowed from what I could see from the #5 tee box area. It looks like only the fairways were mowed, which will make accuracy that much more important.

perezjr
Apr 06 2007, 01:16 PM
welcome to the bored Jerry Jr and nice ace on hole # 2

Thanks Chris ! It feels good to be playing again. The course should play much faster now that the fairways are cut.

Paul Taylor
Apr 06 2007, 03:35 PM
Well I am sitting on my front couch just looking out the window and low and behold the P&amp;R deparment just went by with mowers and weedeaters heading to the back of Nani. I don't know how many paople are in were in the trucks, but there were 6 trucks altogether. I guess they are heading to do the final cleanup and finish the mowing.

See ya'll in about 3-4 weeks if all heals okay.

geomy
Apr 06 2007, 04:23 PM
Get well soon, Paul.

Apr 06 2007, 09:57 PM
Well, they mowed about 85% of it. The fairways of holes 6 &amp; 7 are still unmowed. It looks like they mowed from 6 teebox to hole 7 thinking that was the layout of the course. Ill try to give the city a buzz on monday and let them know.

Paul Taylor
Apr 30 2007, 09:05 PM
Anybody up for a game of WOLF????? :D :D

Nani Falcone
Disc Golf Course
Mini Tournament - WOLF
Saturday, May 5, 2007

@ hole 1

Format: 18 Holes
Alternate Course to be played for all 18

Three divisions:
Pro $15
Amateur $10

Payout to be as follows
.75 per hole for PROS
.50 per hole for AMS
The rest of the fees will be CTP

opereida
Apr 30 2007, 09:29 PM
I Love Wolf but we have plans for the Cinco de Mayo FREE Tournament in Dripping Springs. I think alot of folks are going to this one. Maybe you can change it to May 12?

Paul Taylor
May 01 2007, 01:57 PM
May 12 will be fine for me, but the question is, is someone else doing the Big Monthly Money mini that weekend. If not then the 12th will work.

Let me know people, I might actually be able to play on the 12th.

wheresdave
May 01 2007, 04:21 PM
Let me know people, I might actually be able to play on the 12th.

I've seen you throw and believe me it will take a lot long for you to say you can play the game.

seewhere
May 01 2007, 05:48 PM
come to Round Rock May 5th and donate to the WWF (wright way foundation) should be a great time. see tournament thread or under RR threads for more information

DISConnected
May 01 2007, 08:38 PM
I've seen you throw and believe me it will take a lot long for you to say you can play the game.

Hello...Pot? This is Kettle... :D

perezjr
May 02 2007, 01:23 PM
Uh, what does wolf play mean?

DISConnected
May 02 2007, 01:53 PM
Wolf is a game in which the players in a foursome establish a tee off order on the first tee and rotate that same order throughout the round. The player that tees off first is the Wolf. The players take turns playing the Wolf based on the rotation of the established tee off order.

The Wolf has the following options:

1) Choose one of the other three players as a partner for the hole, or

2) Play the hole alone against the other three players.

Example:

The Wolf would tee off first.

The second player in the rotation tees off next.

Based on the results of the second players drive, the Wolf has the option to select the second player as a partner or pass. (Here is where the strategy begins). Once the third player hits their tee shot, the second player is no longer eligible as a partner for the Wolf. Likewise, once the fourth player hits their drive, the third player is no longer eligible as a partner for the Wolf.

Once the fourth player tees off, the Wolf must select the fourth player as a partner for the hole, or play the hole alone against the other three players.

Wolf can be played low ball or low total.

Points are earned as follows:

* Winning team: 2 points each player
* Wolf plays alone and wins:Wolf earns 3 points
* Wolf plays alone and one player beats Wolf: All players earn 2 points except Wolf.
* No Points earned for ties.

Paul Taylor
May 02 2007, 02:03 PM
WOLF is simply a game of doubles with multiple players per team.

If 7 people are in one division, then they play as one card. Order of throw is established on the first hole and then rotated every hole after that. With seven players, you will end up playing 3 vs 4. The first player throws his or her disc and then decides after each other player throws whether the first player wants that person on his/her team. You have to make that decision before the next player throws until you have 3 player on your team. If you park the hole or ace the hole then you can call WOLF and play the you vs the whole group. You do this for every hole and the teams change each hole.

In a sense when it comes to payout, you have a skins type of atmosphere. The winning team of each hole will divide that hole's payout amount. If a tie is established then you have a push and the next hole is added to the payout, but again the teams might have changed, but that is the game.

That is a brief explanation of the game.

WOLF

perezjr
May 02 2007, 05:49 PM
meh, I'd rather play doubles or singles

opereida
May 02 2007, 06:46 PM
When we played Wolf at Veteran's Park in Arlington, we were allowed to heckle the putters. This is a very fun game and you could walk away with lot's of $$$ if you win alot of skins on the small team or as Wolf. Believe me you'll have a blast if you have never played it before. :)

Paul Taylor
May 02 2007, 06:55 PM
meh, I'd rather play doubles or singles

That's fine, we'll have just as much fun without you.

geomy
May 02 2007, 09:44 PM
When we played Wolf at Veteran's Park in Arlington, we were allowed to heckle the putters. This is a very fun game and you could walk away with lot's of $$$ if you win alot of skins on the small team or as Wolf. Believe me you'll have a blast if you have never played it before. :)

Camping in Wimberley, we played a round of 21 with heckling...no touching the putter and no breaking his sight line to the basket, but everything else goes...as long as everyone's cool with each other, it's a lot of fun. In the dark it's even better - getting flashlights and campfires involved...

Paul Taylor
May 02 2007, 11:29 PM
I have had enough PM's and emails asking to switch it to next Saturday, May 12. Nobody complained about it being the Big Monthly Mini, so May 12th it will be. I will put it back up next week on the board.

Those of you going to Dripping Springs, have fun and bring back the prizes.

Paul Taylor
May 07 2007, 02:08 PM
WOLF

Nani Falcone
Disc Golf Course
Mini Tournament - WOLF
Saturday, May 12, 2007
9:00 AM

Registration @ 8:15 -8:45
@ hole 1

Format: 18 Holes
Alternate Course to be played for all 18

Three divisions:
Pro $15
Amateur $10

Payout to be as follows
.75 per hole for PROS
.50 per hole for AMS
The rest of the fees will be CTP

Paul Taylor
May 11 2007, 03:31 PM
BUMP :D:D

WOLF on Saturday morning at 9:00

Paul Taylor
May 12 2007, 05:16 PM
WOW what a morning, 43 players, 14 of them new to the scnw of DG and it took a total of 29 noles to determine a winner.

Another big WOW to the Jenkins clan for stopping by on their way through town and giving some invaluable tips to us as we played. What a nice family and truely honorable ambassadors to the sport.

Now to the scores...

It was decided to all pay the same price and mix to like pro/am doubles. We had 5 cards of 7 and 1 card of 8. At the end of 18, we played the alernate course twice, everygroup had had 18 pushes. We went into a tie breaker and it was decided before the tie breaker started that the winning group would split it ALL. I told the groups before we started that at the end of 18 if there was a 'push' on hole 18 that the teams that played together that final hole would stay together for the sudden death playoffs. Well as I said, the majority wanted to play winner take all instead of the $70 or $80 split per card. It took 3 holes before the first group of 4 were eliminated and then it took another 2 holes to eliminate a group of 3. 5 holes later 3 groups dropped at the same time. Finally, on the 10th extra hole it was down to a team of 3 players for the split of $387 or $129 each. This team decided to play of for the money and do a split of $60/100/227. I dropped out first and took home the $60, next was Lisle for the $80 and the grand champion of our group who took home a whopping $227 was Brian uPdoG Paschall. He made a clutch birdie put from about 70 feet to put the pressure on Lisle. The CTP was $43 and who do you think took it, of course, uPdoG who walked away with a total of $270.

For those of you who missed this week, we will do WOLF again in a couple of months. What a BLAST had by one and all.

Again thanks to the Jenkins clas for 'just dropping' by.

DISConnected
May 12 2007, 05:51 PM
Definitely a great time was had by all. Thanks Paul! :D

lisle
May 12 2007, 07:15 PM
Nice shooting Brian. That was a great putt at the end.

WOW, twenty something new guys and a visit from Avery and Co. That guy is a class act.

For those that couldn't make it, you missed a superb mini.

Paul Taylor
May 14 2007, 10:10 AM
:D:D:D

CGPRush
May 14 2007, 05:28 PM
How much advance warning did you have that Avery Jenkins was going to be on the scene?

DISConnected
May 14 2007, 05:34 PM
No warning whatsoever.

perezjr
May 16 2007, 01:17 AM
grass needs cutting big time

opereida
May 16 2007, 04:31 PM
grass needs cutting big time

You can call Chuck Vanzandt of San Antonio Parks and Recreation at 210-207-3066 and request to have Nani and McClain Parks mowed. Please let him know that you are a Disc Golfer so he knows we're out here. ;)

geomy
May 16 2007, 05:55 PM
Just called - Chuck says he knows we're here, and he knows the situation, but due to some hiccups in the contractual mowing schedule (new for 2007) "someone isn't doing what they are supposed to be doing." It's a combo punch of weather, acreage and contracts. He did say the P&amp;R Dept is working 6 days a week (overtime) trying to play catch up. Right now the focus is on E and NE sides, but he did mention Falcone and McClain specifically. It also sounded like he had given this answer once or twice before.

Keep plugging away, and they will get the hint. Just be courteous, and make sure to thank him for providing us a place to play.

opereida
May 16 2007, 05:59 PM
Just called - Chuck says he knows we're here, and he knows the situation, but due to some hiccups in the contractual mowing schedule (new for 2007) "someone isn't doing what they are supposed to be doing." It's a combo punch of weather, acreage and contracts. He did say the P&amp;R Dept is working 6 days a week (overtime) trying to play catch up. Right now the focus is on E and NE sides, but he did mention Falcone and McClain specifically. It also sounded like he had given this answer once or twice before.

Keep plugging away, and they will get the hint. Just be courteous, and make sure to thank him for providing us a place to play.

I posted his number because he told me to "tell them to call me". Like Geoffrey said, please be polite. Thanks.....

opereida
Aug 07 2007, 11:08 PM
Hey Disc Coach, are you going to run any more mini's at Nani? Someone asked me today about them. Just wondering? :)

Paul Taylor
Aug 07 2007, 11:25 PM
Do we want to go for the 18th of this month or wait until the first Saturday of September, September 1?

People chime in....

opereida
Aug 07 2007, 11:32 PM
I'm down for the 18th. :) Always a fun mini at Nani. :) Always a large turnout and the payout is BIG.

JerryChesterson
Aug 08 2007, 10:05 AM
Do we want to go for the 18th of this month or wait until the first Saturday of September, September 1?

People chime in....

I'm down for a Saturday mini there. I heard you do some fun stuff at that mini.

On a side note, what is the course record for Nani? I work right near it and play it sometimes during the day. My current best is 5 down for 9.

Paul Taylor
Aug 08 2007, 10:59 AM
Scott,

I have heard people say that they have shot 6-7 down, but nothing official. There is a bounty of $20 for anyone who shoots 9 down at the mini during either the 1st or 3rd round. The second round is the alternate course.

Let me know the next time you are going to be out there and I will try to meet you and show you the alternate course. I am off during the summer since I teach school and I live behind the course.

JerryChesterson
Aug 08 2007, 11:12 AM
Scott,

I have heard people say that they have shot 6-7 down, but nothing official. There is a bounty of $20 for anyone who shoots 9 down at the mini during either the 1st or 3rd round. The second round is the alternate course.

Let me know the next time you are going to be out there and I will try to meet you and show you the alternate course. I am off during the summer since I teach school and I live behind the course.

Will do. I usually play at lunch time, between 11 and 2. I won't play again until next week because I'm heading to Aspen (can't wait to play there!).

Aug 12 2007, 06:44 PM
So is the mini on for sure this Saturday?

Paul Taylor
Aug 13 2007, 12:13 AM
Cody,

What's up my man???

Mini is on for this Saturday the 18th of August. I just got back into town from graduation ceremonues at The University of North Texas. My wife just finished her Masters degree in Library Science and now whe can go read books and get paid for it. :D :D

I will get the information for the mini out in the morning.

JerryChesterson
Aug 13 2007, 12:13 PM
Scott,

I know it is short notice buy I'll be out there from around 11:30 to 1:00 today playing if you want to meet up.

SAP
Aug 13 2007, 01:48 PM
See y'all Sat!!!!
Thanks, Paul!

Paul Taylor
Aug 13 2007, 06:10 PM
Note the time change because of the summer heat.

Make sure you bring some water.

Ladies, have enough there and we will have a division for you...Hear that LOLO's

Nani Falcone
Disc Golf Course
Mini Tournament
Saturday, August 18, 2007
9:30 AM

Registration @ 8:15 - 8:45
@ hole 1

Rd.1 Original 9
Rd.2 Alternate 9
Rd.3 Original 9

Three divisions:
Pro $17
Amateur $12
Beginners $7 *
*(nobody allowed to play in this group if you have played a mini before)

Payout to be as follows
$15, $10, $5 for payout

OB will be walking path and beyond on all holes. No OB for the BEGINNERS division

Aug 13 2007, 08:31 PM
Cody,

What's up my man???

Mini is on for this Saturday the 18th of August. I just got back into town from graduation ceremonues at The University of North Texas. My wife just finished her Masters degree in Library Science and now whe can go read books and get paid for it. :D :D

I will get the information for the mini out in the morning.

Not a whole lot, just traveling for work as usual and as a result, just trying to get my weekend plans firmed up. Thanks for putting that info up and well see you Saturday. Also congrats to your wife.

JerryChesterson
Aug 15 2007, 11:07 AM
Note the time change because of the summer heat.

Make sure you bring some water.

Ladies, have enough there and we will have a division for you...Hear that LOLO's

Nani Falcone
Disc Golf Course
Mini Tournament
Saturday, August 18, 2007
9:30 AM

Registration @ 8:15 - 8:45
@ hole 1

Rd.1 Original 9
Rd.2 Alternate 9
Rd.3 Original 9

Three divisions:
Pro $17
Amateur $12
Beginners $7 *
*(nobody allowed to play in this group if you have played a mini before)

Payout to be as follows
$15, $10, $5 for payout

OB will be walking path and beyond on all holes. No OB for the BEGINNERS division

About what time do you think this will wrap up?

Paul Taylor
Aug 15 2007, 11:18 AM
27 holes at Nani does not take very long. I would say we will be out of there by 12 or so.

Talked to several groups of players last night and they all asked about it and how it was run. It looks like the beginners group could be a good size this week.

Come on out and show some of these players how to throw and give some pointers.

JerryChesterson
Aug 15 2007, 11:37 AM
27 holes at Nani does not take very long. I would say we will be out of there by 12 or so.

Talked to several groups of players last night and they all asked about it and how it was run. It looks like the beginners group could be a good size this week.

Come on out and show some of these players how to throw and give some pointers.

I'm a beginner. I've only been playing for 13 years :o.

Do you want to play tomorrow pending the rain? Maybe at 11:30?

Paul Taylor
Aug 15 2007, 02:14 PM
IF no rain, see you at hole #1 @11:30

JerryChesterson
Aug 15 2007, 02:47 PM

Word.

Aug 15 2007, 05:58 PM

I may be able to make that as well

TXZRX1100
Aug 15 2007, 06:39 PM
I plan to be there as well.
Dr. Safety

JerryChesterson
Aug 16 2007, 09:46 AM

Looks like we won't be playing today. The rain has just started and doesn't look like it will be letting up anytime soon. Horrraaaayyyyyy It's hurricane season

Paul Taylor
Aug 16 2007, 12:10 PM
Yea, its pretty wet over here. It rained hard for about 30 minutes a little before 7 this morning and has continued to be a light rain since.

I just heard that they have cancelled all of the alerts and it looks like tomorrow might be a good day for drying out as they have said that the moisture will be pulled on out over the evening and nighttime hours .

The mini will happen on Saturday. There is plenty of grass around the area now and not mud. The course drains real well and should be ready to go on Saturday. The grass might be wet and the only fairway to worry about will be #2, but who needs a fairway for #2 anyways.

By the way, did I mention that #2 and 8 will have MANDO's.

JerryChesterson
Aug 16 2007, 12:21 PM

What are they? #2 left of trees, #8 right of trees?

Paul Taylor
Aug 16 2007, 01:00 PM

yep :D:D

JerryChesterson
Aug 16 2007, 03:06 PM

yep :D:D

**** I usually go over the trees on #2.

Paul Taylor
Aug 16 2007, 10:29 PM
Check this discussion on Saturday morning. I will check on the creek and see if it is passible from the parking lot. THis afternoon it was approximately 6 feet above the sidewalk and out of the banks. It would have been at least a ROC skip and a jump to get across it.

If you know how to get to the back, hole 5, that might be the best option for Saturday morning

See everybody Sat.

JerryChesterson
Aug 16 2007, 11:14 PM
Check this discussion on Saturday morning. I will check on the creek and see if it is passible from the parking lot. THis afternoon it was approximately 6 feet above the sidewalk and out of the banks. It would have been at least a ROC skip and a jump to get across it.

If you know how to get to the back, hole 5, that might be the best option for Saturday morning

See everybody Sat.

Here's a map I made of the course. It has the parking for #5 labled:
Nani Falcone Map (http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&amp;hl=en&amp;msa=0&amp;ll=29.525922,-98.6458&amp;spn=0.003697,0.007231&amp;t=h&amp;z=17&amp;om=1&amp;msid=1 13212420692912246544.000437dbdf9ec4c7d534d)

Paul Taylor
Aug 17 2007, 04:16 PM

See everybody Sat.

Here's a map I made of the course. It has the parking for #5 labled:
Nani Falcone Map (http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&amp;hl=en&amp;msa=0&amp;ll=29.525922,-98.6458&amp;spn=0.003697,0.007231&amp;t=h&amp;z=17&amp;om=1&amp;msid=1 13212420692912246544.000437dbdf9ec4c7d534d)

The creek has drained and should be passible in the morning. There is gravel and a little water over the sidewalk, but the most of it is gone, except for the LARGE tree that is in the drainage ditch.

Either place to park will be fine.

lisle
Sep 22 2007, 06:20 PM
On a side note, what is the course record for Nani? I work right near it and play it sometimes during the day. My current best is 5 down for 9.

This morning I went to Nani with a friend and finally shot a -8 (19)!

The course greened up nicely this "summer"

Joe
Sep 22 2007, 07:14 PM
good shooting' Lisle!!

DISConnected
Sep 22 2007, 07:26 PM
Congrats. It's great to have a friend. :D

JHouston
Sep 23 2007, 11:35 AM
show off :D

SAP
Oct 01 2007, 02:01 PM
When is the next Nani mini? :)

CGPRush
Oct 05 2007, 05:19 PM
When is the next Nani mini? :)

Yeah, what she said!

opereida
Oct 05 2007, 06:03 PM
Maybe a "GLOW" mini? :cool:

Paul Taylor
Oct 05 2007, 07:06 PM
Maybe a "GLOW" mini? :cool:

Quit reading my mind. I will let everybody know when I get back from the ranch on Sunday.

JerryChesterson
Oct 07 2007, 11:02 PM
Yes another night round! Has anyone seen these?
http://www.blackjaxsports.com/quest.htm
I saw them at the Sleeper III ... One word, AMAZING!

Paul Taylor
Oct 07 2007, 11:25 PM
Nani Falcone
Disc Golf Course
Glow Mini Tournament
Saturday, October 13, 2007
7:30 pm

Registration @ 7:00 - 7:30
@ hole 1

We will only play the original lay-out (2x) this month since it will be a glow round. There are too many ostacles on hole 7a to be safe and fun.

Two divisions:
Pro $17
Amateur $12

Payout to be as follows
$15 and $10 for payout

There will be NO OB and NO MANDO's this month

opereida
Oct 09 2007, 10:03 PM
Who's playing the Nani GLOW Mini this Saturday?

Players List:

Orlando Pereida
Stacey Pereida

CGPRush
Oct 09 2007, 11:51 PM

Players List:

Orlando Pereida
Stacey Pereida

Sign me up!

JerryChesterson
Oct 10 2007, 09:45 AM

<u>Players List:</u>
Orlando Pereida
Stacey Pereida
Corey Peschke
Jerry Chesterson
Bagger Vance
Scott Hougland

hardways78222
Oct 10 2007, 06:42 PM
You dogs talked me into it. :cool::cool:

opereida
Oct 10 2007, 10:17 PM

Orlando Pereida
Stacey Pereida
Corey Peschke
Jerry Chesterson
Bagger Vance
Scott Hougland
Road Kill

Paul Taylor
Oct 11 2007, 08:45 AM

Orlando Pereida
Stacey Pereida
Corey Peschke
Jerry Chesterson
Bagger Vance
Scott Hougland
Road Kill

I just might show up.....

Oct 11 2007, 11:32 AM
I hope to be there

SAP
Oct 11 2007, 02:46 PM
hope to see ya there!

Paul Taylor
Oct 14 2007, 11:27 PM
13 DG'er's plus significant others showed up for the mini on Saturday night. 3 new players from around the area also came to play.

Results are as follows

Open

Lyle - 69 - $60
Jason - 72 - $30
Orlando - 74
Henry - 74
Scott - 74
Paul - 75

AMs

Terrence - 84 - $20
David S - 84 - $20
Stacey - 94
Jerry - 97

Beginners

Jeff - 79 - $10
Taylor - 82 - $5
Richard - 90

Everybody played the same layout with no OB or mando's. Cards were mixed with OPEN, AM, and beginners.

Jeff is new to the state of Texas, he hails from Minnisota and is a teacher with NISD.
Taylor and his wife are from the area and live a couple of blocks form the park.
Richard is a UTSA student.

This is what this park is all about..... :)

tmantx
Feb 18 2008, 02:18 PM
showing love for the Nani...when is the next mini?? :D:D

opereida
Feb 18 2008, 04:37 PM
Here's some mini dates for Nani:

RANDOM DRAW DOUBLES

Best Shot - Different Course Each Week

Every Saturday - Tee Off at 1:30 / Signup by 1:00 (Due to the travel distance to Nani the minis will start at 2:00)

Entry Fee: $7.00
$5.00 Entry
$1.00 Ace Pot (Carryover SADC rules apply)
$1.00 Club Fund
CTP Every week - good for a future SADC mini

3/1/08 - Bryan McClain
3/8/08 - U.C.
3/15/08 - Live Oak Lake
3/22/08 - Nani
3/29/08 - Live Oak City Hall
4/5/08 - Bryan McClain
4/12/08 - U.C.
4/19/08 - Live Oak Lake
4/26/08 - Nani
5/3/08 - Live Oak City Hall
5/10/08 - Bryan McClain
5/17/08 - U.C.
5/24/08 - Live Oak Lake
5/31/08 - Nani (Will CTP for any carryover Ace Pot that is remaining)

LET�S ALL GET TOGETHER AND HAVE SOME FUN!