scooop08
Oct 12 2006, 10:17 PM
I have a friend who went to a tournament with me in June. He was not a PDGA member but paid his fee at the tournament got his rating and all that for the tournament. Now when we look at his name he doesn't have a rating and the tournament doesn't show up under his name. Why is this?

the_kid
Oct 12 2006, 10:19 PM
Because he wasn't a memeber at the time.

scooop08
Oct 12 2006, 10:27 PM
So if he was to play more tournament he would start getting a rating?

krupicka
Oct 12 2006, 10:31 PM
What tournament was it? He won't be listed with a rating until the first ratings update after the paperwork has been turned in. If the results are still marked unofficial, then the TD hasn't finished his responsibilities yet. If the paperwork was handed in after the Sept cut-off, it won't be until December that the tournament is linked to his name.

AviarX
Oct 12 2006, 10:44 PM
if a round is rated more than 2.5 std deviations below your rating but is in the most recent 25% of your rounds -- is it still counted (and thereby double weighted)? :confused:

scooop08
Oct 12 2006, 11:10 PM
What tournament was it?

It was the Des Moines Challenge

http://www.pdga.com/tournament/tournament_results.php?TournID=5504

David Buckley under Int.

the_kid
Oct 12 2006, 11:17 PM
if a round is rated more than 2.5 std deviations below your rating but is in the most recent 25% of your rounds -- is it still counted (and thereby double weighted)? :confused:

I don't think so.

krupicka
Oct 12 2006, 11:19 PM
Seeing it's an A tier which requires active membership and the tournament is official and attached to other members, there should be no reason it's not listed. I believe Dave Gentry is the man to shoot an email off to. Be mindful, that the USDGC is going on and it may take a bit for him to get back to you.

If you join the PDGA at a tournament, then you should get rated.

scooop08
Oct 12 2006, 11:53 PM
That what I thought. The part that had me confused was when it was still listed unoffical and had you could look atround ratings his rounds were rated.

the_kid
Oct 12 2006, 11:57 PM
Did he join at that event? If so it should be rated. I thought you said he paid $5 and then joined at a later time which you shouldn't be able to do at an A-tier.

ck34
Oct 13 2006, 09:09 AM
If a round will be dropped due to being below the 2.5SD and it's also in your recent 25%, it will still be dropped but another round will not be added to the ones that are doubled.

Any membership issues should be sent to Dave Gentry at: [email protected] A player who joins/renews at an event should get ratings but usually the TD doesn't know their PDGA number to put in the report.

scooop08
Oct 13 2006, 10:14 AM
He joined the PDGA at the tournament and paid his dues there. Tonight I'll give him that email and tell him to send it out. It was just something that had come up and was wondering about. Thanks for all yalls help.

Nov 04 2006, 12:22 PM
Wasn't sure if I should start a new topic or just slightly thread drift.

I played a tournament at the end of September, but that was my only PDGA event due to injurys all year long. My question is, why didn't I get a rating out of it? Sure, I played like crap that day, and no rating may be better than that bad of a rating :D

ck34
Nov 04 2006, 12:34 PM
Events after August haven't been officially rated yet. Players can see unofficial ratings right after an event if the TD posts them. Otherwise, once the TD has sent the report to the PDGA and the results are posted as official, the official ratings won't be posted until the next official update which is always posted in red in the upper right corner of the PDGA Home page. If you still don't have ratings after that, it's because there weren't enough players with established ratings (propagators) playing some of your course layouts.