wheresdave
Sep 27 2006, 09:36 AM
Is Live Oak, UC, or Lackland going to have representitive going to Texas Teams this year :confused: :D

wheresdave
Sep 27 2006, 09:38 AM
Texas Teams Update 2006

Texas Teams will be held November 18th and 19th this year. Circle R Ranch near Wimberly will host the event once again.

From the website www.circularproductions.com (http://www.circularproductions.com) ...

The Concept

Every course in Texas is invited to send a team. Teams may also represent schools or other organizations. Some courses send more than one team.

The Format

Teams compete head-to-head, so when A-Town plays B-Ville, A-Town�s #1 plays B-Ville�s #1, A-Town�s #2 plays B-Ville�s #2�etc. The team that wins the most individual matches gets the victory.

Rounds are 9 holes, and it�s all match play, so it�s not your total score that counts � it�s how many holes you win.

Most teams will play 4 rounds on Saturday and 2-3 rounds on Sunday.

Entry Fee

$45 per player. Every player gets a tournament sweatshirt, a tournament disc, greens fee, and free lunch on Saturday. Camping is free for Texas Team Championships.

Team Makeup

There are two divisions � Emerging and Established. Smaller towns and newer courses compete in the Emerging division. Teams consist of 6 players: 3 Advanced and 3 Intermediate.

Bigger cities and older courses compete in the Established division. Established teams have 9 players: 2 Pro, 2 Advanced, 2 Intermediate, 1 Master, 1 Amateur Woman, and one �swing� player (Pro Woman, Grand Master, or Advanced Master).

Payout

No cash, no prizes. It�s all for team pride and fun. There will be trophies for the top teams, plus awards for Best Dressed Team and Most Spirited Team.

-----------------------------------------------------

There are only 9 spots on each established team...

Open Pro (2)
Pro Master (1)
Advanced (2)
Intermediate (2)
Am Woman (1)
Swing Player (Pro Woman, Grand Master or Advanced Master) (1)

I know there were many who felt left out or just didn't know about the tournament till we had already made up teams. so if you are interested in playing let's start talking about it now.

Some communities have had a tryout to determine the spots.

If we have enough players we could field an established Team A , B and C or have an emerging team (3 advanced, 3 intermediate).

losotd
Sep 27 2006, 03:24 PM
I'll play if asked, but no captain duties for me this time.

wheresdave
Sep 27 2006, 03:26 PM
I'm willing to play also either IMT or ADV Grandmaster.

losotd
Sep 27 2006, 03:28 PM
pick your team and man up Dave!

wheresdave
Sep 27 2006, 03:31 PM
:confused:

wheresdave
Oct 04 2006, 12:06 PM
ok let see if anyone is interested in forming a team or two for Texas Teams :confused:

Oct 07 2006, 06:15 PM
alright I believe I just played this one..it was called Rolling Meadows. Got some pros and cons about it.

pros. great layout,intresting challenges...long pars!

cons. only played on 1 or maybe 2 cement launch pads...the rest were dirt and slippery gravel. both of the par 5's should be par 4's...water hazards are dried up lol. Kinda neat idea with the tee-pads..blue/white/red

I really like this one but its so far away that I wouldnt go there too often. I scored a 60 off the blue tees which really arent much different than the white tees.

I still love my live oak!

lisle
Oct 10 2006, 07:16 PM
alright I believe I just played this one..it was called Rolling Meadows. Got some pros and cons about it.

pros. great layout,intresting challenges...long pars!

cons. only played on 1 or maybe 2 cement launch pads...the rest were dirt and slippery gravel. both of the par 5's should be par 4's...water hazards are dried up lol. Kinda neat idea with the tee-pads..blue/white/red

I really like this one but its so far away that I wouldnt go there too often. I scored a 60 off the blue tees which really arent much different than the white tees.

I still love my live oak!

60 is not bad at all for the Rolling Meadows course, but I don't think holes 10 and 18 should be Par 4's from the Blue, as they are rarely, if ever 3'd. Both require two 450+ ft drives to have a shot at a 3.

jocur
Oct 11 2006, 09:55 AM
Do we have a Texas Team from our area? Or is this thing dead in the water(behind #8)? :DI maybe intested in joining a team, but team leader I am not. :D

rtinsa
Oct 12 2006, 11:01 PM
I heard Southpaw is putting a team together!

mistuhmiles
Oct 14 2006, 03:28 AM
i would love to play but i don't think i can entertain getting a team together.

rtinsa
Oct 15 2006, 09:29 PM
Gaskill was talking today about getting a Team Together. Representing UC. You guy's would need six player's. 3 advanced and 3 intermediate.
Im sitting this one out this year. Hosp call :(

vinnie
Oct 16 2006, 10:38 AM
what up?
Ain't no pros in Live Oak?
you all don't have to play but if you all want jobs for the weekend.
Round Rock can put you all to work carrying bags or making beds :D

Joe
Oct 16 2006, 12:44 PM
What is the deadline for entries?

vinnie
Oct 16 2006, 01:21 PM
no deadline on maids or caddies....just show up and ROUND ROCK will puTT u to work :D

rtinsa
Oct 16 2006, 01:44 PM
HEY Yo! It's freakin Vinnie! How are YAh?
I'm working! South Paw is Building A Team though.
Watch-IT! :cool:

vinnie
Oct 16 2006, 01:57 PM
we could also use some camp ground gaurds...don't want any high winds tearing up the camp :confused:

mistuhmiles
Oct 19 2006, 07:36 PM
Universal city will have an emerging team this year thanks to rick gaskill.

Oct 20 2006, 02:13 AM
Hey, you guys go easy on the team Pease players this year. They are under new management. This was the one event in Texas that I will surely miss. Keep in touch.
P.S. If a Pease representative is on line some time let me know how the team is coming along. As a former captain I will always be interested. :confused: :D

mistuhmiles
Oct 20 2006, 10:42 AM
the UC team has 2 spots that have no tconfirmed yet. that means we may have some openings. if anyone is interested call rick or reply to this message.

Laura12670
Nov 14 2006, 03:28 PM
Who from Live Oak is going to Teams? (That actually lives in Live Oak.) I have a some shoes that belong to Erron Salazar and he will be there this weekend. Was wondering if they can take them up there?

Anyone?

geomy
Nov 14 2006, 03:34 PM
I'm playing for the 3C team, so I will definitely see Erron. I work til about 6:30 today, so I can run out to LO after that...if that works for you.

losotd
Nov 14 2006, 03:34 PM
does anyone really live in Live Oak? :D:D

Phil is going, doesn't he habitate there?

Laura12670
Nov 14 2006, 03:48 PM
I'm playing for the 3C team, so I will definitely see Erron. I work til about 6:30 today, so I can run out to LO after that...if that works for you.

That's great!! Thanks Geoff! Hope it's not out of your way?

I will pm you my numbers you can call me....

Thanks again Geoff!!

Laura12670
Nov 14 2006, 03:49 PM
does anyone really live in Live Oak? :D:D

WE DO!! :D:D

krazyeye
Nov 14 2006, 04:00 PM
Who from Live Oak is going to Teams? (That actually lives in Live Oak.) I have a some shoes that belong to Erron Salazar and he will be there this weekend. Was wondering if they can take them up there?

Anyone?

Let him play barefoot. :D

CGPRush
Nov 14 2006, 04:39 PM

I'm heading to LO to play right now. I'll have your Firebird with me so look for me. I'll try to resist throwing it a few times.

mistuhmiles
Nov 19 2006, 10:07 PM
universal city took 3rd!!! next year we take 1st!!

DISConnected
Nov 19 2006, 11:10 PM
Great job by both teams!! Way to go! :cool:

wheresdave
Nov 20 2006, 08:37 AM
how did live oak end up and who was on the team :confused: :D

losotd
Nov 20 2006, 01:12 PM
thanks Pete for stepping up and taking my place on short notice! Good job Captain Reuben and crew!

tbender
Nov 20 2006, 01:16 PM
how did live oak end up and who was on the team :confused: :D

Live Oak lost to Zboaz in the Quarters after winning the MixMaster.

mistuhmiles
Nov 20 2006, 03:10 PM
Jerrod Votion hits his first ace on Sunday. hole #9 on the meadow. great ace!!! congrats.

seewhere
Nov 20 2006, 03:20 PM
too bad he was not in the ace pot :D:p

SAP
Nov 20 2006, 05:09 PM
To the team: Thanks! It was a winning experience for me!!!

Peace-Stacey

JHouston
Nov 20 2006, 06:28 PM
what happened it looked as if you guys were tied for first?

mistuhmiles
Nov 20 2006, 07:18 PM
we had 2 disappointing losses that sealed our fate.

Nov 24 2006, 10:14 AM
And what 2 losses were those.

rtinsa
Nov 28 2006, 12:46 PM
And what 2 losses were those?

Hello????? :D

mistuhmiles
Nov 28 2006, 01:40 PM
sorry.... we lost to Weatherford and i feel that we should have beaten them and to big spring who ended up winning the whole thing but was defiantly beatable.

mistuhmiles
Jan 13 2007, 07:25 AM
this may seem premature but tournements like this showcase what live oak has. adn now we are lucky to have 4 courses that can represent. we should come up with a way to make sure we have the teams. whether that is a try out or a vote there are plenty of ideas available. talking about it now will make sure that we have captains and players and there will be no last minute scrounging for players. i was lucky to represent UC last year and it was awesome. fun challenging and ilearned alot about my game and have focused on my weaknesses. we have plenty of players that can compete and want to but there is no way to know eveyone available. it's just my 2 cents. what do ya'll think :D

rtinsa
Jan 13 2007, 09:58 AM
I could see @ least 3 Park's represented! Sound's like a decent idear! :cool:

Ruben
Jan 13 2007, 11:16 AM
I'm been thinking about it as well, I will step up as a captain again unless someone else wants to do it , been brain storming on how to set this up , plus have some great ideas on new design for the shirts. :cool:

mistuhmiles
Jan 13 2007, 08:05 PM
i would be glad to step up as a captain if needed as well.

Jan 14 2007, 11:09 PM
You know this is funny.I'm lookin for a way to post our latest venture and here's the same thing going on.Talequah OK,Diamondhead Resort,Sept 22nd,Team Challenge.Here you will find the oppurtunity to take on TDSA,WAFDA,NW AR,Little Rock,OK City,Possably Mobile and a couple others.I will be looking at 9 Man Teams as well.The way I see it.2 Pro/1 Pro Master/2 Advanced/1 AM Master/2 AM/1 Woman.Entry will be $50.00 per player.The winning team will collect $250.00 from each team that shows.If I get 8 teams(My goal)That's $2,000 to the winning team.Winner Takes All.Plus the Trophy.It will be taken home each year to returned the following year to contend for.$20.00 from each entry will finance players packs.(I'm looking at.2 nights camping fees,Team Shirt,Sat night meal & beverages and possably a custom stamped disc)I've been involved with the team challenge in Cali.As some of you may know this has been a tradition there for over 20 years.And as i'm sure you already know it's an awesome format.Here's your chance to prove Texas has the goods.The 1st of Feb i'll have the details worked out and on a flyer.Any suggestions or comments are welcome.I'll use them to finalize the guidelines and format.Look for more talk on this on the TDSA board,WAFDA board,NW AR and Sooner DG.It's also being discussed on the SNDG board.Step up Texas.These are the "BRAGGIN RIGHTS" to be had.Oh and one more thing.This will be one nutty weekend.If you bring kids.Use caution.This will be a Big Kids weekend.WOOF!!! /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Jan 17 2007, 10:38 AM
WHAT? No intrest?And I heard Texas had the team.Hmmm?

SAP
Jan 17 2007, 01:03 PM
2006 was my first teams and it was great....thanks, Live Oak!!! I'll put the word out. I'd be interested, anyone else.......road trip?

mistuhmiles
Jan 17 2007, 06:00 PM
i'm down, let me know

bigbadude
Jan 17 2007, 07:39 PM
GO!!!!!!!!!LAKERS Spank those Spur's tonight.!!!!!!!!!!

Ruben
Jan 17 2007, 08:07 PM
If you want to talk about basketball, then set up another post **** it go SILVER/BLACK spank that gold/purple LAKER GIRLS!!!!!!!! :cool:

Jan 17 2007, 10:52 PM
Now your talkin.Finally! Texas NEEDS to get in on this.It will be a blast.Don't miss it.Put your team together.Come get paid.

bigbadude
Jan 18 2007, 02:46 PM
Ruben! how did you like the game :DThe Spur's are getting OLD!!! The best team's in the west for now are the Mav's,Sun's,Laker's, Jazz and then the Spur's :D:DAnd did you see the high lite reel? it was Kobe dunking over Duncan not one time but twice :cool::cool::D:D

Ruben
Jan 18 2007, 03:15 PM
Its all good Chile doesn't count until after the all star break ,thats when it starts to count ESE' :cool:

bigbadude
Jan 18 2007, 03:26 PM
Ruben are you going to Victoria?

Ruben
Jan 18 2007, 04:09 PM
Not this year :( but I will be at RedRock. :cool:

bigbadude
Jan 18 2007, 04:28 PM
Red Rock and Santa Cruz :cool:

Ruben
Jan 18 2007, 09:09 PM
Yes Sir :cool:

Jan 25 2007, 01:39 AM
Please vote on this (http://www.pdga.com/msgboard/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=642611&Main=642611#Post642611)