eupher61
Sep 07 2006, 10:31 PM
Has anyone actually used it in a tee pad? I've searched and read several threads where it's mentioned as a possibility, but nothing saying it's been tried.

And, Cliff Towne, what happened with the decomp granite?

I'm wondering about another material, it's waste from lime mining. It's been used in sandbagging operations for a long time, and gets pretty hard when wet. It might be worth a try, and the supply I'd have access to is all but endless.

magilla
Sep 07 2006, 11:14 PM
Has anyone actually used it in a tee pad? I've searched and read several threads where it's mentioned as a possibility, but nothing saying it's been tried. <font color="red">Disconcepts tee pads are made of recycled tires </font>

And, Cliff Towne, what happened with the decomp granite?

<font color="red"> DG works OK in some areas...it still can get REAL sloppy if water puddles</font>

I'm wondering about another material, it's waste from lime mining. It's been used in sandbagging operations for a long time, and gets pretty hard when wet. It might be worth a try, and the supply I'd have access to is all but endless.
<font color="red">Ive also heard of placing some "lime" in with DG or similar product. Once it hardens, its supposed to be like concrete :confused: </font>

flyboy
Sep 08 2006, 02:39 AM
Fly 18 the first 100% recycled rubber tee pad ,and still the best, after 8 years. ;)72 courses could not be wrong.Dont except the imitation....earl sheib ill paint your car fur 99 bucks :D

krupicka
Sep 08 2006, 09:46 AM
Dont except the imitation.

Wow! For once you decided to encourage people to look at your competition. :eek: :D

eupher61
Sep 09 2006, 01:20 AM
malapropisms...love 'em!
------------
the type of 'recycled tire' material I meant was the stuff that's put onto walking trails, as a more permanent surface than the flypads. Yes, I'm well familiar with them. In this case, it's not 'exceptable' [sic] though.

morgan
Sep 09 2006, 09:16 AM
Fly 18 courses are the best, except the imitation

august
Sep 12 2006, 04:22 PM
Yes, but who will except the challenge?

eupher61
Sep 13 2006, 05:12 PM
I take acception to that challenge.

august
Sep 14 2006, 08:06 AM
Okay, but don't excerpt yourself.