Valarie24
Aug 20 2006, 07:04 PM
Team America vs Team Holland at the 1st annual Lipton Cup!!
This tournament was great!!
Team America- Avery Jenkins, Dave Feldberg, Ken Climo, Nate Doss, Carrie Berlogar, Steven Defty, and Valarie Jenkins
vs. 6 players across Holland who have competed in series of tournament for the past months to qualify to play in this tournament, including a 15 yr old phenom!
They put the course together in a week, but definatley one of the best courses I've ever seen!
This tournament had some amazing sponsorship from Lipton Ice Tea, who spend thousands to promote this tournament, through tv commericals, billboards, subway banners, and even handing out hundreds of Lipton Ice Tea discs (one of which we saw being thrown in the streets one of the nites we were out exploring the town).

Thank You Lipton Ice Tea and the amazing group of players that we were honored to compete against!!

Check out the pictures!!

www.crazytaxi.nl (http://www.crazytaxi.nl)

friZZaks
Aug 20 2006, 08:51 PM
Yeah VAL....Way to represent.

jefferson
Aug 21 2006, 12:09 PM
yeah gurl... when is Team USA vs. Team UniTTy

jefferson
Aug 21 2006, 12:25 PM
questions...

who chose black, what happened to <font color="red">RED</font>? you and burl beat a couple dudes? why weren't capris mandatory, it was in europe right? why were you playing with skillshots? who is Steven Defty?

kadiddlhopper
Aug 21 2006, 08:26 PM
Many tea-bags later...

kcdiscgirl
Aug 22 2006, 12:56 AM
way to go-a
team usa lookin good-a!
shootem up this weekend-a!

sweet pics.

pdga3791
Aug 22 2006, 10:38 AM
questions...

who chose black, what happened to <font color="red">RED</font>? you and burl beat a couple dudes? why weren't capris mandatory, it was in europe right? why were you playing with skillshots? who is Steven Defty?

Black was chosen by the captain and Kenny.
I don't know what happend with "red" but I do know that black against Yellow/blue is not so bad.
In The Netherlands there are only three permanent courses and we don't have a whole lot of mach 3 somewhere in a closet but Lipton Ice Tea(LIT) bought a whole lot of discatchers.That is the reason that the course had discatchers.
Team NL were:Laurens Benschop(c),Bert Brader,Rens Agterberg, Rob Mertens, Michiel van Voorst and 16 year old Sander Bahnerth.
Stephen Defty used to be the "euro"reporter for DGWN and a real good player in the 80's and 90's.He was always playing final's all over Europe.A great man(in size and in spirit). Now he is pushing 50 so Grand Masters,watch out!

It was an honor to have the best players in the world over.
Thank you for the show Lipton! :)

seeker
Aug 24 2006, 12:56 PM
Tuur, you have to walk in front of the camera occasionally.

I will see you again in February or March
I'm already searching for tourneys :)

Michiel217
Aug 31 2006, 08:28 AM
Hi Valery,

on behalf of the Dutch team I can say we had an outrageous time. Holland is a small country where discgolf previously was an underground sport. So you can imagine that the exposure of our beloved sport caused by Lipton Ice allready felt like an earthquake. Discolf commercials on national TV, prime time..what's happening?? And then I played myself into the Dutch Team and heard that I won a trip to the States �nd that I was gonna play discgolf against 2 world champions and a whole team of disgolf-celebs from the States!! A whole day....!!! Nervous?? Off course!

We had a lovely day, the weather was splendid and we felt really honored to have a full day with you all playing golf and dinning in the evening... Too bad the next day was so rainy and cold (!) and we only could play half a round....

Anyway, many thanks again for your visit and I hope to see you again. Maybe at the Cross Canyon tournament in Florida next year, we are trying to go there with the trip that we've won...

Michiel

Martin_Bohn
Aug 31 2006, 10:28 AM
after trying to find time to play a course in holland this was a pleasant surprise to see, and i didnt get to play a course,bummer:

http://mbohn1.photosite.com/~photos/tn/3910007_348.ts1157030890353.jpg

Michiel217
Aug 31 2006, 02:30 PM
http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Foto=OAJZGEML

Michiel217
Aug 31 2006, 02:33 PM
ooops...try this..: Lipton Discgolfposter (http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Foto=OAJZGEML)

This is actually me!!

Michiel217
Aug 31 2006, 03:07 PM
The champions in Holland:

http://www.crazytaxi.nl/Albums/Album7/Large/LIPTON_290.jpg

and shortly after in Finland:

http://www.frisbeesports.net/europeanopen2006/grafix/520x347_teamus.jpg

Wammy
Sep 12 2006, 03:44 PM
Way to go Team USA!!!

How cool to have such a big name like Lipton promoting the sport we all love!

Michiel217
Sep 18 2006, 06:28 AM
Team USA didn't win it all.
(This article was written on August 30th.2006 by Arthur Haverkamp. He had trouble logging onto the forum and he begged me to place this article for him....)

Today we finally settle a score which was made something like 5 years ago.
I was on the phone with Dave.He was talking trash to me(nothing new here)like he was such a good player and that,together with Avery, they were the best doubles team.....
Yeah,Right,Whatever I said.
I told him that I would take them on with my doubles partner Laurens Benschop.

Laurens and me are like,brothers.Not by family but everything else(blood,sweat and tears) and we also did some meditation together for awhile.
At that time(5 years ago) we were unbeatable in doubles.
We kicked #$*&$! all over South Europe.
In Europe most tournaments have a best shot,pick your partner,doubles round on the day before the tournament starts.
Laurens and me won them all......

So yesterday,Dave brought it up.
He wanted to play for $50.00
And because they are the top 5 in the world,they were willing to give us 4 strokes........

This morning we were at 8 am at the course.
It was about 68 and there was some wind.Later on we also got some rain.

On the first hole Laurens played about 35 feet short and I missed the double mando.David shot was 15 feet from the basket.easy birdie.(We always play the same order.Laurens always plays first because I play somewhat better under pressure.we keep this order on every shot.)
So Lau putted first.it was slightly uphill between some branches.He missed.I looked at David,he was all looking and laughing,working me right there on the spot???
I banged the birdie and gave them a mean look :(
The fight was on!

On the 2nd hole,Dave nailed a 60 footer for an eagle 2 but my next drive on hole 3 was good enough for the only birdie.
I must say,when Dave nailed that putt, I thought that we would lose but when they both missed their 24 foot putt in between the trees(also slightly uphill), I knew that the race was still on.The next two holes were my hardest holes but I knew that Lau birdie'd them,most of the time.
The first one is again between a double mando(stupid rule because it is the only way to the hole...)but right after these huge trees there is a small hill(couple feet high).And further on there are some tree branches which hang low so if your Tee off is too high(which it always is with a normal drive), you will hit them.
Lau had the perfect drive.Nice smooth, and low and parked(18 feet).The boys hit the branches so we were 1 up.The next hole we also took and then we both shot the next 6 holes birdies.

On the next hole there was a big truck in the middle of the fairway grabbing metal plates from the ground and putting them on his truck.Lau played in front of the truck and then it moved 12 feet to grab the next plates.(we had a big flood in the park so some big trucks came in to repair the damage.they put these metal plates on the ground to protect the ground).
So I had to wait for some time.At one point David was ready to throw but there was still almost no space.He then just threw an Eagle on a line straight to the basket.With no space to spare he nailed that gap!!!Awesome!!!!!After that he nailed his straddle putt from 30 feet between some branches,way cool!
Team Sensi lost the hole.

But we got it right back the next hole so we stayed 2 up on Team USA
On the shortest hole of the course the boys messed up and also missed their putts.
So with 4 holes to play,we are 3 up.
They got two holes but we won fair and square with a 41.
Laurens traded his $25.00 for a special "David Feldberg 2005 usdgc champion Star Wraith,only 100 made disc".
I took the money because I allready have the disc ;)

So there it is, 2 local boys from a country where there are only two course and 40 players beat two of the best players in the world and we didn't even needed the extra strokes!

Have a nice day!

friZZaks
Sep 20 2006, 11:54 AM
Nice .....

pdga3791
Oct 02 2006, 03:17 PM
arthur haverkamp begged????
I never beg!!!

seeker
Oct 02 2006, 04:08 PM
More like Arthur started the trash talk 3 months prior, then had the article written two weeks in advance, then used the money that should have paid his light bill to register to play, then ...... :)

pdga3791
Oct 08 2006, 10:07 PM
More like Arthur started the trash talk 3 months prior, then had the article written two weeks in advance, then used the money that should have paid his light bill to register to play, then ...... :)

Hey Michael Brockmeijer, I guess next time you are sleeping in a hotel and not in my house anymore....

seeker
Oct 09 2006, 10:49 AM
I'm just saying that you have something that all top golfers share -- supreme confidence!!! :D

And I will see you again in the end of February or early March...even if I have to sleep in Rijswijk!

pdga3791
Oct 11 2006, 08:29 PM
OOOOOOH, is that what you said?
I could have sworn that I red something else.....
But then again,I am not from the states so what do I know....

seeker
Oct 12 2006, 11:31 AM
It's all in the translation, you know how mushy english is.

Congratulations for your EPIC victory!

seeker
Nov 07 2006, 09:16 AM
Tuur! I'm scheduled to arrive Feb 2, just in time for DeBilt! staying a week. I will try to do a little better than those other americans
Do you know if there is anything going on the following weekend?? As long as I'm 5000 miles from home another side trip wouldn't hurt!

pdga3791
Nov 24 2006, 01:18 PM
Yo Brock,there is nothing going on but we can always play for skins..... :cool:
Try to come next month also.
Then the Tour starts with that awesome course/tournament in Colchester.
And you can always stay here btw.as long you don't forget your pc.... :D