bruce_brakel
Jul 07 2006, 10:14 PM
Quoting from another message board:
The person with the best score at The Peoria Open on the Advanced/Pro day who informs me that they are committed to attend the 2006 USDGC will receive the state coordinator exemption. They must then immediately send in their registration. If no one who attends Peoria is committed to going then the exemption will go to Rockford. If no one is committed to going from Rockford or the person who qualifies does not register, then I'll give it away to someone who is committed to going.

sleepy
Jul 09 2006, 03:41 PM
Do you have to be a fib to receive this invitation or anyone?

bruce_brakel
Jul 10 2006, 10:37 AM
Do you have to be a fib to receive this invitation or anyone?

If you mean an Illinois resident, last year the rule was "yes" unless you received a waiver of the requirement from the state coordinator. Waivers were offered to non-Illinois residents who were especially supportive of Illinois disc golf if they asked for it. I got a waiver last year but came in second at the competition.

You can contact jon at brasscash.com

sleepy
Jul 10 2006, 05:54 PM
That is really cool. Hopefully one of your state players like Kris or Brett can take it both deserving players.

bruce_brakel
Jul 10 2006, 11:20 PM
Brett cannot use it this year; he can't go. Most Illinois players don't seem interested. They are not asking about it or anything. The number who showed up last year to compete for it was something like four or maybe five. It could go pretty low. An Advanced player could win it. A pro woman could win it.

mugilcephalus
Jul 13 2006, 04:37 PM
If noone sends in the registration just let me know. I can send it in tomorrow if that helps.

bruce_brakel
Jul 14 2006, 12:26 PM
Anyone can compete for this. It is not limited to Illinois residents.

What I'm saying is that if you want to go to the USDGC in Rock Hill, South Carolina, and you have not won an invitation yet, get your butt in the car and start driving to Peoria.

Last year not one Illinois pro male showed up at the Illinois residents only competition to compete for state coordinator's exemption. So this year the State Coordinator is making it an open competition with no residency requirement. Tomorrow. At the Peoria Open. A brasscash.com event, this year only.

I'm down in Morton right now. i flagged all the blue tees and made notes on holes that did not have blue tees.

THE COURSES LOOK AWESOME. The blue tees have all been trimmed and groomed so they are fairly easy to find. The storm did not take anything significant down but it rocked the van a little. The creek at Northwood has a lot of puddles, muck and ambiguous water in it right now so it is casual on 5, 17, 18, and any other hole it sneaks up on. For casual you get relief straight back from the basket or you play it where it lies. Because it has a mud bottom and the banks are a little treacherous in some places, I'm allowing infinite relief straight back from the basket. I have the power to overrule the 5 meter limit and I'm doing so. Otherwise, the rain drained really well. The courses are green, trimmed, and really tidy.

1 USDGC invitation. Peoria. Tomorrow. Car. Go. Now.

bruce_brakel

What I'm saying is that if you want to go to the USDGC in Rock Hill, South Carolina, and you have not won an invitation yet, get your butt in the car and start driving to Peoria.

Last year not one Illinois pro male showed up at the Illinois residents only competition to compete for state coordinator's exemption. So this year the State Coordinator is making it an open competition with no residency requirement. Tomorrow. At the Peoria Open. A brasscash.com event, this year only.

I'm down in Morton right now. i flagged all the blue tees and made notes on holes that did not have blue tees.

THE COURSES LOOK AWESOME. The blue tees have all been trimmed and groomed so they are fairly easy to find. The storm did not take anything significant down but it rocked the van a little. The creek at Northwood has a lot of puddles, muck and ambiguous water in it right now so it is casual on 5, 17, 18, and any other hole it sneaks up on. For casual you get relief straight back from the basket or you play it where it lies. Because it has a mud bottom and the banks are a little treacherous in some places, I'm allowing infinite relief straight back from the basket. I have the power to overrule the 5 meter limit and I'm doing so. Otherwise, the rain drained really well. The courses are green, trimmed, and really tidy.

bruce_brakel

sleepy
Jul 18 2006, 11:49 PM
So who is going? :confused:

cevalkyrie
Jul 19 2006, 12:58 AM
So who is going? :confused:

Kris Hutter beat Rob Strasser in a playoff. Kris said he's going.