Jul 03 2006, 12:58 PM
I am toying with the idea of starting a local " divas only " disc golf club. We are starting to see more and more ladies on the course, is there an interest in such a thing.
I have introduced 2 " divas " in the past 2 weeks and they are stoked. Their friends are becoming interested! This is good! Anybody out there share the same mind-set?
Pm me or send info to [email protected]

Jul 03 2006, 01:09 PM
Divas! :D

my_hero
Jul 03 2006, 01:11 PM
Lee,

Get with Juli. She is involved with North Texas Ladies. Here's her profile....

http://www.pdga.com/msgboard/showprofile.php?Cat=&User=2725&Number=429824&Board=Club988&what=showflat&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=3&vc=1

NTL is a really good group of ladies to be associated with.

Jul 03 2006, 02:46 PM
Thanks John!
I thought those ladies fell off the map!
Glad to see there still around!

juliwithnoe
Jul 06 2006, 11:00 AM
Lee,
I have tried to put a ladies club together for the past couple of years with not much success. The courses are spread out to far to get them together at one time without going into weekends. Many women work and have obligations to meet sat and sun. Meeting during the week would work for your locals only.You would almost have to move from course to course to reach all of them.
I have organized the last 2 get togethers with alot of "I will be there, sounds fun" and then no shows from everybody. Flyers went up at least 5 courses.
More and more women are showing up on the courses these days, but I see very few return after one trip out. Few like us fall hard for the game YEA!!!
It is always worth a try to get something going, maybe between the 2 of us we can put together a plan to keep them coming back.
I have a few great sponsors Thank You All !!! The North Texas Ladies is a name I would like to be well known.
I will support you in everyway to help with the success of women and disc golf.
I'm there to help,
Juli

Jul 06 2006, 11:29 AM
Well, Julie..... It would make more sense to become affiliated with an existing organization , as opposed to starting a new one. I would love to get my ladies involved!
I think one thing that could be beneficial is to have monthly gatherings. Being a father of 2, I understand how difficult it is to schedule weekly meetings for the busy mothers, wives, and girlfriends in our lifes. I can think of at least 3 that would like to become involved. My wife, our neighbor ( who keeps begging me to come over and throw at my skill shot ) and the lovely Stacia Pearce. It will just be an issue of finding a time that coordinates well with all. If you could e-mail me one of your flyers, I could get it posted @ the Z. And I will make sure to make mention of it at the weekly's I am hosting in Mace Man's absence.

I think the Vet is a great place to make this happen. It could coordinate well with the Sunday mini. Also, there is already a female contingency present on a weekly basis... How can I help to make that number grow? I am sure that as soon as some " rookie lady golfers " meet up with the likes of you and Genetta ( I am sure I spelled that wrong ) , it would not take long for the interest level to rise.

Possibly we could organise a mixed doubles event, get some of the boys to bring out their girls. I would bet between you and yours, me and mine, Mary Mc Gough and Dan, Laura Q and Don, Jason and Genetta, Gilbert and Kelly Cassas, Stacia and Marty Pearce, and so on, we could put something together that would be fun for all . It could also show all the " manly men of DFW disc golf " that it is ok to bring your lovely ladies to the golf course.

What do you think? How can we help this grow?

Jul 06 2006, 11:34 AM
I have a few great sponsors Thank You All !!!

Perhaps we could figure out how to assist some local laides with a PDGA membership, via your sponsors. Just an idea.

Jul 07 2006, 01:06 PM
Possibly we could organise a mixed doubles event, get some of the boys to bring out their girls. I would bet between you and yours, me and mine, Mary Mc Gough and Dan, Laura Q and Don, Jason and Genetta, Gilbert and Kelly Cassas, Stacia and Marty Pearce, and so on, we could put something together that would be fun for all . It could also show all the " manly men of DFW disc golf " that it is ok to bring your lovely ladies to the golf course

Lee, My husband and I have ran Mixed Doubles events in Texas for the past two years. They have been held at Lake Lewisville and the McKinney DG Course. This year we were only able to have one tournament at McKinney. We will be back again next year. For more information check out our website at: www.geocities.com/[email protected] (http://www.geocities.com/[email protected])

Perhaps we will see you and your wife along with some of these other couples we have not yet met at one of our tournaments next year.

I have e-mail addresses for the McGough's, the Q's, the Steel's and the Chamberlain's perhaps you could send me a PM with the e-mail addresses for Gilbert & Kelly Cassas along with Stacia & Marty Pearce so that I can add them to my mixed doubles e-mail address book.

Jul 08 2006, 01:22 PM
Fantastic Barb.
I just found out that I will be the one following thru with the North Texas Ladies. It is basically going to be a fresh start . I am confident that we can make this happen. If you have and advise regarding this topic, sponsorship, etc...
Please pm me with some info or contact me @ [email protected]

Aug 14 2006, 01:36 AM
This is Kim aka Lil Bit. I worked with Juli in the beginning and then went traveling from tourney to tourney. I am pretty well situated back in DFW for now. We are about to take over the Texas 10...the official announcement will be made at Wilco this Sat. I would love to talk to you about the women in the area. :cool:

juliwithnoe
Aug 14 2006, 11:42 PM
Well, I'm glad to see you back and willing to help Kim. Sounds like you will have enough to do running the Texas 10. What are your ideas? Lee is willing to take the NTL and run with it.
Once again I will help in any way possible, I just couldn't make it happen by myself :( There are some new ladies that want to learn the game. I have some nice plastic to hand out to these ladies. Let's get it going again!!!

Aug 15 2006, 01:10 PM
You are right, my hands are pretty full. I have recently seen more women and been approached by some that really seem motivated. I would like to help in anyway I can, or anyway that my schedule allows. Maybe we can get some on them out for the Texas 10 next week here at Cedar Hill. Some of the ladies I have talked to and seen play are ready for their first tourney and Tx 10 is a good place to get your feet wet.

gnduke
Aug 17 2006, 06:51 PM
I'm being contacted by about one new woman a month trying to find other women to play with in DFW. I would like to know who to put them in contact with.

juliwithnoe
Aug 17 2006, 11:41 PM
Please send them my way Gary. I have been in contact with the 2 you sent my way the other day. I don't want to ignore any women that want to play.
For those out there that want to get together and play please PM me on this board. I'm Willing to help the new ladies with their game!

gnduke
Aug 18 2006, 01:31 AM
Thanks, I will continue to send your way.

juliwithnoe
Aug 19 2006, 10:36 PM
Just wanted to say Thanks Gary!!!! I appreciate you taking time to help Nicki with her game.

gnduke
Aug 20 2006, 06:41 AM
Glad to be of service.

She has come a long way in a short time.

Aug 23 2006, 06:22 PM
Gary, Juli, taking baby steps here! I am currently shooting for mid-September for an official North Texas Ladies meeting. Why September? It is still to frigging hot!
Anyways, I want to start this off real slow, so I am thinking of monthly gatherings. It seems un-realistic to try and meet once a week, the women in our lives are extremely busy. If we can gather a good group of disc-golf-hers, than perhaps we can think about meeting twice a month.
I would prefer not to have ONE location for these meetings(as of now ) , I am thinking of rotating courses around the metroplex to give all of our ladies and opportunity to see what D/FW has to offer.
I have quite a growing list of disc-golf-hers ready to jump into this , anybody you come across that is interested , send them my way. You can P.M. me of e-mail to [email protected]

Thanks Guys/Gals!

Lee

gnduke
Aug 25 2006, 02:10 AM
Are you going to be at Cedar Hill Saturday ?

Aug 25 2006, 10:16 AM
Spending some family time @ six flags on Saturday ( puke )
I may pop out there around noonish to say WWWAAAAAASSSSSSUUUPPPP! Why do you ask Mr Duke?

gnduke
Aug 25 2006, 06:31 PM
I've just heard some of the new ladies will be there, and Chris normally has a good turnout in the women's divisions.

Aug 28 2006, 04:23 PM
Sorry , I could not have been there. Made my way out there on sunday. The course is looking fantastic, the t-signs were
also really nice!