discglfr
Jun 14 2006, 04:07 PM
I just received this so I figured I'd post it:

Dear Disc Golfer,

REGISTRATION DEADLINE THIS SUNDAY!

If you haven't already registered, you have until Sunday, June 18 to register online at www.badgerstategames.org. (http://www.badgerstategames.org.)

The Disc Golf Tournament will take place Saturday June 24 and Sunday June 25 at Token Creek County Park, DeForest.

Medals are awarded to first, second and third places in each division. Come take part in Wisconsin's own Olympic style competition. The following is the tentative schedule and locations:

WHEN
June 24-25, 2006

WHERE
Token Creek County Park, DeForest

Schedule subject to change, check the website for future updates.

To learn more about Badger State Games and to register visit www.badgerstategames.org (http://www.badgerstategames.org) or call 608-226-4780.

The Badger State Summer Games Major Sponsors include American Family Insurance, Charter Communications, the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board and Saint Joseph's Hospital, Marshfield, with special thanks to TravelWisconsin.com. Badger State Games would not be possible without their support!

Registration forms are now available at American Family Insurance agent offices across the state.

We look forward to seeing you at the Games!

- The Staff of the Badger State Games

discglfr
Jun 21 2006, 04:06 AM
Unfortunately, I've heard very little response across the board relating to this weekend's BSG.

Is anyone going? Who is all playing singles? Who is playing doubles? Anyone out there?

Ter

widiscgolf
Jun 21 2006, 11:42 AM
Some people had prior commitments but want to play the doubles event. From what I seen and heard the only way to register for the Doubles is you have to register for singles only That is what I saw on the website. I heard that from a few others also. It also says Doubles would be handled onsite. I know a few would go if that was the case. I hope that is the case I know I would be there then.

I did email Larry Ast a messege and a voice mail messege also with no response a few days ago.

Josh

discglfr
Jun 21 2006, 12:20 PM
I JUST called the Badger State Games office and I have an update (for all 3 of you that actually read this thing).

People can register ONLINE up until tonight at 11PM. And to answer you Josh, you should be able to just sign up for DOUBLES without signing up for singles. I went through the steps on the website and was able to do it with no problems.

Ok, I guess I've done what I can to promote this event and I hope to see a ton of people there this weekend.

I just received this so I figured I'd post it:

Dear Disc Golfer,

REGISTRATION DEADLINE THIS SUNDAY!

If you haven't already registered, you have until Sunday, June 18 to register online at www.badgerstategames.org. (http://www.badgerstategames.org.)

The Disc Golf Tournament will take place Saturday June 24 and Sunday June 25 at Token Creek County Park, DeForest.

Medals are awarded to first, second and third places in each division. Come take part in Wisconsin's own Olympic style competition. The following is the tentative schedule and locations:

WHEN
June 24-25, 2006

WHERE
Token Creek County Park, DeForest

Schedule subject to change, check the website for future updates.

To learn more about Badger State Games and to register visit www.badgerstategames.org (http://www.badgerstategames.org) or call 608-226-4780.

The Badger State Summer Games Major Sponsors include American Family Insurance, Charter Communications, the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board and Saint Joseph's Hospital, Marshfield, with special thanks to TravelWisconsin.com. Badger State Games would not be possible without their support!

Registration forms are now available at American Family Insurance agent offices across the state.

We look forward to seeing you at the Games!

- The Staff of the Badger State Games

widiscgolf
Jun 21 2006, 11:09 PM
Thank you Terry.

Karma Police
Jun 23 2006, 11:29 AM
I'll be there both days. Having to pre-reg a few days early and not having a 'pay out' always hurts this event. It's too bad b/c it's one of the best tournaments of the year I think. I don't believe most people realize how important this event is to disc golf in the state.

discglfr
Jun 23 2006, 04:07 PM
You are right on all accounts Eric. It's a great event with a once a year chance to win a MEDAL. It is hard to commit to with no payout, forced pre-reg, and a time in the schedule when most people could use a 'break'.

What about the idea of possibly making this a 'winter game' as well? I've spoken to the commission once or twice about the idea but I think disc golf is just as much of a winter game as a summer game for us die hards. Maybe that would see some good numbers? I don't want to replace the summer game version but maybe ADD to it.

I have your chair and I hope I have your water bottle still handy as well. The real trick will be to remember it if I'm not the one that ends up driving!

I think Luke and I are debating the idea of camping? Looks like rain though.

Karma Police
Jun 23 2006, 04:24 PM
I think the addition of a badger st. winter disc golf tournament would be a good idea. I don't play nearly as much in the winter... mainly b/c we don't have a course in the ground in Madison for most of it. But there are not many winter disc golf tournaments so maybe it would work. Hope you remember the chair and water bottle. That's why I don't use a chair... I always forget it somewhere.

Chainiac
Jun 25 2006, 07:59 AM
Yes, good idea.

Karma Police
Jun 25 2006, 05:57 PM
Another awesome Badger St. Games! Thanks Larry and Nellie and everyone else who helped out.

widiscgolf
Jun 26 2006, 01:25 PM
Who all won both days Eric? Wish I could of been there.

Josh

MADCITYDISC
Jun 26 2006, 05:00 PM
Jason Budzien won on Saturday for singles. Barry and Duster won Doubles on Sunday.

widiscgolf
Jun 26 2006, 05:34 PM
Wow Barry and Duster got hooked up together? Who paid the TD for that? Just kidding. Sounds like a fun weekend!!