morgan
May 07 2006, 02:36 AM
Are you guilty of snubbing people if they have no game? I am. I have caught myself not being friendly with people with low ratings and had to stop myself, and being too friendly if they had a good rating. One guy keeps trying to be my friend but his rating is like 750 and I avoid him even though he's a nice guy, I don't want to talk to him. Also, my rating is like 910 and I've found that 980 and 990 types sometimes (rarely) do it to me.

Guilty?

May 07 2006, 03:49 AM
880 is like 910? I don't think so rec-boy.

stevemaerz
May 07 2006, 01:02 PM
910? Sorry Morgan, I can't reply to your thread.

stevemaerz
May 07 2006, 01:02 PM
I think there is some of this out there but there are reasons that it looks worse than it really is.

I tend to be friendlier with people I know the best and/or have known the longest. I naturally know people with similar ratings and who play the same division because it is these players whom I play the most tourney rounds with.

I don't think I dis amateur or rec players because they don't have game. But being that unless they play regularly at my home course I probably have played few ,if any rounds with them. The local ams and rec players whom I see regularly would have the same rapport as with players of a higher rating I see with the same frequency.

I personally have been playing since the 80's so when I go to a tourney I may be more likely to talk with those players that have been on the scene longer. Many are now masters or open players but the veterans that have lower ratings I spend a similar amount of time talking to during the break.

I also understand being friendly to players of a higher rating. It's natural to have a respect of someone with more advanced skills. But if the 1000+ rated player is an arse I'm still going to avoid them like the plague.

morgan
May 07 2006, 01:33 PM
Sometimes I'm surprised when a 1020 or 1030 player talks to me, I would think they would snub me. Barry Schultz was very friendly to me, so is Schweberger who always says hi to me, Kenny is known to be an open guy. But sometimes I get snubbed by some guys, they think they are too good to talk to me. I sort of expect it though, if I were a touring pro who worked on my game enough to get 1020 I would tell everybody to kiss my axe. he he.

Yeah I'm 910 some rounds on a good day

May 07 2006, 02:02 PM
If they are rated over 920ish or so then I am rude to them and snub my nose at them. If they are rated sub-920 then I am very nice to them and only drop suttle hints at their suckiness. I figure if they are as good or better then me then I should #$*&$! them off or at minimum make them feel uncomfortable and if they are not quite as good then encourage them to be around me. This way it might cause them to play worse when they are playing with me. All part of my master plan to try and take the money of as many people as possible by any means necessary :D

TravisGrindle12
May 07 2006, 08:48 PM
The guys i dont like are the ones that only play one course and have I high rating because they play one tourney a year on that course and they think they could go anywhere else and shoot just as well.

rhett
May 08 2006, 11:44 AM
I'm friendly to the sub-850 crowd because they think I am good player and they say "ooooh" when I throw 350 feet.

sandalman
May 08 2006, 11:50 AM
i guess they dont say much in that case, huh.

Parkntwoputt
May 08 2006, 11:58 AM
I never understood people who are not friendly to players worse then them "being rated lower means diddly with all these one course Am's"

Personally, as a competitor, I know more people who are better then me and at my level then I know who are worse then I am. That is only because I am gunning and focusing on the people ahead of me. I don't watch over my shoulder.

But just because I may not know them or remember their name from a tournament I played one round with them 6 months ago, does not mean I do not like them.

Some of the nicest people I have met on the golf course are +1000 rated players. Well, maybe they are nice to me because they are trying to talk me into playing open and donate to them? Just kidding.

But it is a great feeling when playing with rec players and they are impressed with what I consider an average drive. For example, practicing at Banklick park this Friday up in Kentucky. I was with some local rec players when we step up to #24. 519ft, with a highly elevated tee. Proably about 20ft higher then the basket. The rec players tell me this is a good par 5 hole. Well it is wide open......I crank out a Wraith and put it about 45 shy of the basket. The one guy said in a defeated voice "wow, well I guess it isn't a par 5 then huh?"

md21954
May 08 2006, 12:07 PM
under 900? we must sterilize them all.

august
May 08 2006, 03:32 PM
This is an age-old thing. I used to look down on musicians who didn't have music degrees, but something called maturity happened and I grew up.

People are people and shouldn't be judged by their educational level or golfing skills. Hair length and type of car driven is a much more accurate and fair way of judging people. :D

ryangwillim
May 09 2006, 06:20 PM
I'm friendly to the sub-850 crowd because they think I am good player and they say "ooooh" when I throw 350 feet.

The rest of us say "ooooh" when Rhett throw's 350' because we can't believe it!

Seriously though, Rhett has been improving his game a lot lately. I think he's had three +1000 rounds this year or something. Keep it up Rhett. I'll still talk to you even when you rating goes about 950!

Lyle O Ross
May 16 2006, 03:44 PM
What I find amazing is that anyone would reply to a fishing expedition on the part of Morgan. /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Alacrity
May 16 2006, 04:15 PM
In my opinion, it is our responsibility to play with players that have lesser skills then we do and offer them advice, if they want it, to help correct their game. However quite a few 'lower rated' players are more interested in the partying aspect of the casual round than they are with the game itself and I don't particularly enjoy this.

On the other hand, if you are playing competitively it can be very distracting if it takes a player multiple throws to get up to your shot or if the player does not know the rules and they tend to be very casual about courtesy. This does interfere with your timing. In casual rounds, ratings does not change who I am playing with.

quickdisc
May 16 2006, 08:50 PM
In my opinion, it is our responsibility to play with players that have lesser skills then we do and offer them advice, if they want it, to help correct their game. However quite a few 'lowe ' players are more interested in the partying aspect of the casual round than they are with the game itself and I don't particularly enjoy this.

On the other hand, if you are playing competitively it can be very distracting if it takes a player multiple throws to get up to your shot or if the player does not know the rules and they tend to be very casual about courtesy. This does interfere with your timing. In casual rounds, ratings does not change who I am playing with.

:eek: Especially if the pot he's smoking , seems to be not working and the disc golf bag , gets punted for distance and derogatory statements about the Sport is really sad !!!!! :eek: :p

Gregg
May 17 2006, 12:42 AM
I think I only know my own rating and maybe another 30 others....

May 30 2006, 03:40 PM

Ahhh! Just give me a few more months! I swear I'll get better!

accidentalROLLER
May 30 2006, 03:55 PM
What I find amazing is that anyone would reply to a fishing expedition on the part of Morgan. /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Morgan is just wondering why no one will play with him and people keep snubbing him. I doubt there are many girls over 13 that are rated lower than he is. They probably just make fun of him and go play with the rest of the women.

sandalman
May 30 2006, 04:13 PM
aw be nice to morgan. he does have TWO rated rounds over 900! :D

the_kid
May 30 2006, 04:15 PM
I can't play with sandalman because I hate people that wear sandals when they play, are left handed, and are rated <935. Unfortunantly he fits all of those. :D

sandalman
May 30 2006, 04:17 PM
yeah but i lose one of those when the next ratings come out :D

the_kid
May 30 2006, 04:17 PM
Make that <960 :D

quickdisc
May 30 2006, 04:27 PM

:eek:

sandalman
May 30 2006, 04:30 PM
wow you are generous. i was thinking something like <942 :cool:

the_kid
May 30 2006, 04:34 PM
I'm just helping you raise the bar. :D

esalazar
May 30 2006, 04:38 PM

yeah but they also ooooh on bad shots and the last thing you want to hear on a bad shot is someone saying "wow good shot"!!! It's like unintentional sarcasm!! or something!! :D:D

esalazar
May 30 2006, 04:39 PM
Make that <960 :D

I can do it!!!! /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

the_kid
May 30 2006, 04:41 PM
I already like you though and if you play MPO from now on it would just make you one cool guy. :cool:

esalazar
May 30 2006, 04:44 PM
I already like you though and if you play MPO from now on it would just make you one cool guy. :cool:

I will be playing MPO this coming weekend!! ;) but don't expect that to happen again any time soon!!! too bad your headed out of town , you could have had a shot at a share of my lunch money!! :D

the_kid
May 30 2006, 04:51 PM
Or a chance for 2Gs. I am leaving tomorrow and I have already taken the online tour of the course and it will be awesome. /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

rhett
May 30 2006, 05:06 PM

You'll be playing in one flop? Or is it a "flip"? :)

rhett
May 30 2006, 05:06 PM

You'll be playing in one flop? Or is it a "flip"? :)

quickdisc
Jun 05 2006, 10:16 PM
I just met this lady in my Finance Class , but she does not have a Disc Golf rating ?

Her Finance rating though is a 11+ !!!!! :eek:

Jun 07 2006, 02:45 PM
Morgan
Have you been watching the Hallmark channel again :D