Big E
Apr 04 2006, 09:31 AM
I will be up there from around the 4th through the 10th. I was woundering if anything is going? If not lets play some skins or something! I cant wait to be back home. Not that I wont miss Texas but you cant compare the Peoria area courses in my opinion! I have my favorites in both states for there own reasons but I was raised in the ILL. Till then

tafe
Apr 04 2006, 11:14 AM
NO PEORIA OPEN THIS YEAR!!! :confused: :( :mad:
If I lived down there, I'd do it! I know Wilbur and Oldman have reasons that are justifiable, but what about the rest of you?

On a side note, the J-town boys are planning an informal doubles/ singles type thing the last weekend of May in Peoria. We just gotta play these courses at least once a year. The only thing that is concrete right now is that the player's meeting will be at "Big Al's Speakeasy!" I'll let you know when I have more info.

bruce_brakel
Apr 14 2006, 03:45 PM
Even as we speak a PFC member and his humorous sidekick are offering to step up. We'll probably let you know in a day or two whether their offer is well received.

Those courses are too good to only let women play them from the short tees! :D

notahobogolfer
Apr 14 2006, 04:40 PM
I am originally from that area and will be moving back next week. I would be more than happy to come down there and help out with a tourney (as long as i can play too ;). I agree with Bruce, those courses are too good to not hold a tourney at.

I can't believe a disc golfer set those garbage cans on fire and messed up the ICC course. Hopefully, the damage is not too bad.

Big E
Apr 14 2006, 11:19 PM
I hope I have a chance to play that course. Last year I play McNaughton Park and Northwood Park! Those are 2 of the best courses I have ever seen! I really like a lot of the courses in the Dallas Ft. Worth area but they are in a different catagorie. I cant wait to get back home. If you get the chance they really have some nice courses down here as well! Cedar Hill, Crawford and Crowley are some of my favorites!

bruce_brakel
Apr 16 2006, 01:22 AM
The Peoria Open [not the Greater Peoria Open] will go on July 15 and 16 if the PDGA approves. There is a tournament that weekend in Ohio that pretty much excludes any sanctioned tournaments from happening east of the Mississippi without the PDGA's approval. They filled last year. We'll see what the PDGA says.

If we get approval this will be a split-day Am B / Pro C, nothing that should threaten an NT/A 400 miles away. We'll play McNaughton and Northwoods, long tees for Pro-Adv Saturday and USWDGC tees for Int/Rec/Jr Sunday.

God and the PDGA willing.

Big E
Jun 14 2006, 03:47 PM
I will be coming up to morton the week of the 20th! I was thinking of playing league night at the Eureka course. I would also like to play at the ICC course! Can anyone compare the courses for me is the Eureka course worth the trip or should I play the ICC course? Thanks in advance!

Jun 16 2006, 04:29 PM
Living in Bloomington myself I find it easier to play the Eureka course; it is only 20-25 minutes away as the ICC course is about 45-50 minutes away. Eureka is one of those courses that is VERY techinal however very fair. The fairways for 70% of the holes are tight and very wooded; if you stray your in trouble with some moderate sink holes that wil come into play. Depending on your skill level a 3-8 under is easy to obtain, however double digits is also doable. The ICC course on the other hand is a championship caliber course in the long positions (its been in these placements for the last 8 months). You will be forced to play golf not deuce or die, This course tends to leave me in a bad mood ;) it has many doglegs that are crazy tight, but to its credit there are many birdie holes out there as well. I've played ICC maybe a dozen times since it went in it will continue to challenge me more mental than physical (my weakness for sure :eek:).
In short both courses will challenge your short techinal game, make time for both if you can. I'm a fan for Eureka for a fun challenge, and a appricate the challenge of ICC to kick my butt. I know a 6-8 under is doable at ICC thats probably what haunts me so much, I'm rarely under par.
See ya on the courses. Rob