ozdisc
Mar 30 2006, 10:03 AM
As many of you know as of mid October this year I will be leaving the US and heading home to Australia. As much as I love it here I am looking forward to playing again in Australia.

I thought I would post a few photos here to show everyone just how nice some of the courses are.

Keep January 2009 free. I may just decide to hold a major event in Australia for all my US friends, and show you how things are done Down Under :cool:

http://www.discgolf.com.au/open2005/i/gallery1/images/IMGP1337.jpg

http://www.discgolf.com.au/open2005/i/gallery1/images/IMGP1333.jpg

http://www.australiandiscgolf.com/mambo/images/stories/course_images/whittlesea/whittlesea_01.jpg

http://www.australiandiscgolf.com/mambo/images/stories/course_images/whittlesea/whittlesea_03.jpg

http://www.australiandiscgolf.com/mambo/images/stories/course_images/whittlesea/whittlesea_02.jpg

lauranovice
Mar 30 2006, 10:32 AM
Those are beautiful pictures. I can't wait to see it in person. The 3 Q's will be there. I've always wanted to go to Australia. Since we heard you are leaving Texas, we've been planning on when to go to Australia. Thanks for setting the time and scheduling the event. :)

tbender
Mar 30 2006, 04:35 PM
Thanks for posting the pictures upside down so we could see them better!

:)

Pizza God
Mar 30 2006, 05:30 PM
We can all crash at your place right :D:D

lauranovice
Mar 30 2006, 05:34 PM
Hope you keep that in mind, Chris, when house hunting. It will have to be as big as Texas to hold all your American friends.

albertmunoz01
Mar 30 2006, 07:47 PM
Just for further clarification! The top two pictures are of Poimena Reserve in Tasmania (great course, sooo much elevation changes), the other three pictures are of Whittlesea DG course, set in a working golf course, lots of long holes.

I have been living here for about 3 years now, and I love it! There are only two things I miss about living in the states (particularly California) and thats Burritos and having to decide which course to play.... other than that, I wouldnt trade any of it.

ozdisc
Mar 31 2006, 01:11 PM
Hope you keep that in mind, Chris, when house hunting. It will have to be as big as Texas to hold all your American friends.

Done deal :D The Outback is a big place!

I have been getting all excited thinking about a Major International event in 2009. I couldn't sleep last night. I have a note page full of ideas. :D

One of the main new guys in Australia right now will be playing Am Worlds in Tulsa. It will be cool to hang out with someone that speaks the same language. Should I take him to Outback?

We are going to try and get some more photos to keep people excited to what Australia can offer. Due to Australia's proximity to Asia I am sure we could get some Japanese and Taiwainese players as well.

2009 Australian Open
...it will happen :cool:

twoputtok
Apr 03 2006, 11:25 PM
I have always wanted to travel down under. You may have just handed me my excuse, Chris.
:D

Pizza God
Apr 04 2006, 02:07 AM
Same here :D

Martin_Bohn
Apr 04 2006, 10:32 AM
http://www.provodiscgolf.com/robinaustralia.JPG

chris, what about this course, where the baskets have grown? rob is 6'3"

gnduke
Apr 04 2006, 04:52 PM
What have they been feeding those things ?

ck34
Apr 04 2006, 05:21 PM
Good old Australian billibon.. I mean billibog water.

gnduke
Apr 04 2006, 06:10 PM
I need to buy 18 mini-baskets and start watering them.

I should have a bunch of full sized baskets in a few years.

ozdisc
Apr 05 2006, 11:48 AM
Good idea Gary, I will plant some as well. :D Chuck I think you mean they had been drinking down at the Billabong (aussie watering hole).

I was hoping pictures of these baskets would not appear. These are located in a course in Brisbane (NE coast). The guy that installed it was American that no one knew at the time. You think if he was American he should have know better than to build those stupid things. Then wonders why no one plays that course.

I have spent some time in the last couple of days putting together some more ideas about the 2009 event. I am getting excited. :D

Come to Australia....January 2009.

ck34
Apr 05 2006, 11:51 AM
Those baskets might scare vandals who'd be afraid of running into the Yeti-sized creatures who must use those giant baskets :D

ozdisc
Apr 05 2006, 11:55 AM
You found out our secret Chuck. Those Yeti's Downunder are huge. That Yeti that wanders between events in the US is a baby Yeti in Oz :D

Martin_Bohn
Apr 05 2006, 02:35 PM
I was hoping pictures of these baskets would not appear. These are located in a course in Brisbane (NE coast).
I have spent some time in the last couple of days putting together some more ideas about the 2009 event. I am getting excited. :D

Come to Australia....January 2009.

i dont know chris, these baskets might be a great marketing gimmick, you could show those baskets to everyone and come up with a slogan, like "go big, go australia" or "play where the yeti's play, australian disc golf", something like that......
:D good luck down under, im sure the disc golf community will only benefit by your presence.

ozdisc
May 16 2006, 04:26 PM
Many of you that know me have heard me tell the story how I was driving across Texas with a Texan a while ago and something came up about the size of Texas. His comment was, "well Texas is much bigger than Australia". I suggest he takes a look at this picture and goes back to school. :D

http://www.downunderdiscgolf.com/Images/WAmap.jpg

Pizza God
May 17 2006, 02:45 PM
Chris, what type of format are you thinking you may use for the tournament. (how many days/rounds)

I want to start saving up money now for the trip to the other side of the world.

Of course we would have to come stay for at least a week to see all we could see.

ozdisc
May 17 2006, 03:37 PM
I have several good ideas and formats. One thing I am going to do when I get home is do a "little" round Australia road trip to scope out the best options. My favorite right now is something like this...

Day 1: Group meeting and sightseeing of say Melbourne
Day 2: Compete at the course near Melbourne in the Snowy Mountains
Day 3: Compete as Day 2
Day 4 -5: Travel as a group and sightsee to new location
Day 6: Compete at a new course
Day 7: Compete or sightsee

I really want to make it a group travel, sightsee, fun, yet competitive time. I will likely hire a big bus and travel as a group to make it that fun atmosphere. Not to mention I would need to be the translator. :)

One day experiencing a typical Aussie location, the next playing, and repeat...something like that.

I am likely to plan out a 7 day schedule of play and travel and then offer another 7 day plan for people that want to stay another week and travel some more. Maybe even another smaller event in the second week.

North Queensland is an incredible place and one I would to show everyone but there are no courses anywhere near. However there are lots of Barrier Reef Island Resorts. ;)

January in Australia is hot and dry and perfect Summer weather. January 26 is also Australia Day (same as your July 4th). Huge fireworks shows, parties etc. I would love to tie into something like that.

Obviously the players that come will have husbands, wives, girlfriends etc coming along. It will be a fun time for all concerned with plenty of travel and sightseeing options. The US Dollar exchanges well Down Under so it is a cheap location for tourists.

One idea is "Kangaroo's for caddies". Think it would work? :D

Lots of great things beleive me...Australia January 2009!

Pizza God
May 17 2006, 04:57 PM
sounds great Chris, I hope to be able to sign up as soon as you make that it official.

It would be neat if you did make a tour available out of it. Specially if you made a stop at some reefs for snorkling. That would get my wife to go and approve the trip. :D

I better start saving now.

rhett
May 17 2006, 05:18 PM
funny post deleted at the request of Chris Himing

ozdisc
May 17 2006, 05:49 PM
The real courses in Australia are a little more normal.

Thanks
Chris

http://www.australiandiscgolf.com/mambo/images/stories/course_images/whittlesea/whittlesea_01.jpg

http://www.australiandiscgolf.com/mambo/images/stories/course_images/whittlesea/whittlesea_03.jpg

http://www.australiandiscgolf.com/mambo/images/stories/course_images/whittlesea/whittlesea_02.jpg

ozdisc
May 17 2006, 06:16 PM
funny post deleted at the request of Chris Himing

I will make sure immigration and customs give you a fun time when you come to Australia.

ozdisc
May 17 2006, 10:45 PM
To see a little of what is on offer click this link...an Australian tourism video clip. Makes me proud to be Australian :cool:

http://video.vividas.com/media/4291_TourismAus/media/TA1100-60A_16x9.wmv

bruce_brakel
May 18 2006, 02:23 AM
Makes one wonder why you left or stayed away so long! :cool:

esalazar
May 18 2006, 09:30 AM
Will you possibly be putting together a package deal flight and lodging etc. included!! I have always wanted to visit Australia!! :DAlso what is a good price for a round trip flight??

wander
May 18 2006, 09:36 AM
Hi, Chris -

I hope you're enjoying your return Home.

My cousin from "Melbin" as he says you all say it, visited here in MI last month and was enthused about DG; I told him one of our best promoters had just returned to Australia and so he should expect to see a surge in the sport.

If you have access to a miniDV camera I'd love to put together a piece about the scene down there and would welcome your help with that. It would be easy enough to use the segment in my show as well as at Tim's site and your own site.

Also, here's a list of some of the public/community access TV stations down your way:

http://www.communitymedia.se/cat/links.htm#australia

There should be some broadcast opportunities but I haven't checked specifics.

Anyway, best of luck and enjoy your homecoming.

Joe

ozdisc
May 18 2006, 10:12 AM
Thanks Joe for the link, however I am still in the US until mid October. Have lots more to do before I leave.

Efrain I definately expect to have package deals available. I will also approach Qantas for some sort of special deal. I want to make it as easy as possible for everyone to make the trip. I think a typical airfare from LA to Sydney would be around $1000 return. Once there it all is fairway cheap with the way exchange rates work.

How's a "shrimp on the barbie" players party sound? :D

Click the link for your little taste of Australia

http://video.vividas.com/media/4291_TourismAus/media/TA1100-60A_16x9.wmv

Thanks
Chris

ozdisc
May 24 2006, 11:17 AM
I am proud to say that the board members of "Australian Disc Golf" have approved my bid to organise the...

2009 Australian Disc Golf Open

Obviously there is still lots of details to confirm and we have plenty of time to do it but I am excited to make this a reality.

I plan on making this event a true Disc Golf Experience with all the Aussie touches possible.

The expected date is the Australia Day Long Weekend, January 23-26, 2009. (Summer in Australia)

I will wait to confirm the location until after I get back to Australia to meet with several people and help work on a new course proposal or two.

Start saving your airfare money now, I promise the Disc Golf Experience of a lifetime...Down Under.

Thanks
Chris

esalazar
May 24 2006, 11:28 AM
sweeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!

Laura12670
May 24 2006, 11:29 AM
WHOO HOOO!!! CAN'T WAIT!!! :D

Hey Chris tell your "mum" it will be good to see her again and hope her and I get to go shopping together. :D

Hi Pam!! :D

ozdisc
May 24 2006, 11:33 AM
Laura I am sure you and my Mum will have a great time...shopping. :) I will tell her you say hi. Then again I am sure she reads everything on the message board anyway. Hi Mum.

Disc Golf...shopping...beautiful beaches...the list goes on. Guys make sure your wives have a return ticket otherwise they may never leave. :D

May 30 2006, 11:04 AM
G'day Chris.
Quick question?????
DO you think a wedding may fit into the plans for the trip in 09'? My girlfriend and I have decided that our wedding is going to be the most awesome thing ever. I have also demanded that it some how be disc golf oriented. As soon as I saw your posting, I knew Australia would be the perfect opportunity. Nothing fancy, possibly a 10-15 minute ceramony followed by a 21 disc salute??????? What do you think?

ozdisc
May 30 2006, 11:43 AM
Consider it done if you want it. I have already had one wedding ceremony at one of my events.

Just picture your wedding photos with the Sydney Harbour as the background. :D

Thanks
Chris

May 30 2006, 11:50 AM
You read my mind! Any possibility of that happening during the fireworks presentation on Australia day?

ozdisc
May 30 2006, 12:06 PM
Maybe a little crowed on that night but anything is possible given time.

May 30 2006, 12:35 PM
Excellent!

Pizza God
Jul 11 2006, 11:27 PM
Ok Chris, I know you can't really do anything till you get back there, but any new ideas. My wife keeps asking. She has been talking about it ever sense I told her about it.

ozdisc
Jul 12 2006, 10:56 AM
People at home are already talking ideas for this event. My main goal when I get back will be to secure a World Class course to use. I have several options so far.

With Australia being a rather large country and the courses spread all over where we do the event will depend on the after event activities. Maybe snorkleing on the Barrier Reef, finding gold or opals in the Outback or hiking tropical rain forests...lots of options.

Whatever and where ever we do it, it will be a great time both from a disc golf and travel experience.

Thanks to everyone that has expressed interest.

Chris

discgolfdog
Jul 12 2006, 12:29 PM
I want to go back to Austrailia. This would be a great excuse to go! :D

ozdisc
Oct 22 2006, 05:33 AM
G�day from the land of the rising sun. I arrived in Osaka Japan a few days ago on my two week journey home to Australia. The 14 hour direct flight from Dallas provided lots of time to reflect, watch movies, write, listen to music and generally do things I haven�t done for a while. It was a peaceful and calming 14 hours, albeit sleepless.

Heading west to Japan at the time I departed along with crossing the international date line provided the longest sunrise imaginable. It was daylight 5 hours before I left, all 14 hours of the flight, and 8 hours after arrival�talk about the longest day. Actually because of the dateline I traveled over 2 days. I hope I didn�t miss anything interesting on Wednesday afternoon and Wednesday night as for me that time didn�t exist.

I will spend the next 8 days catching up with friends, visiting old stomping grounds from when I lived here, hitting a little white ball around, and of course avoiding karaoke and sushi while in Osaka. However I do plan on eating some raw fish in the next few days. My friend�s girlfriend here is a certified �fugu� chef. This is the extremely poisonous blow fish that if not prepared correctly the person will die. She is going to prepare some for us and hopefully we will all survive and enjoy the meal.

I want to take this opportunity to again thank everyone that for the last 8 � years have come into my life. When I arrived in Texas 8 � years ago I never could have imagined what could lay ahead of me, or what the future of disc golf would be.

I have always believed things happen for a reason. Starting the Texas 10 and teaming up with the Lance Armstrong Foundation means more to me than many will ever know. I am very proud of what we as disc golfers accomplished in this time. From the big things achieved and implemented to all the little things that tie it all together we did so much for our sport, the charity and so many things in between. I say �we� because none of this would have been possible without all the loyal disc golfers, friends, and sponsors that trusted me, believed in me, and allowed me to try new things within the sport.

As always I have a few surprises up my sleeve, a notebook full of ideas, and lots more dreams to follow. I came to the USA to follow some of those and search for something special. I fulfilled many, thought up many more and look forward to what the future holds.

Several good things about flying home this time of year include spring has arrived, summer is coming, and cricket season will be huge this year. I plan of spending lots of time this Aussie summer enjoying life, catching up with family and friends, playing lots of disc golf, playing more ball golf, watching the Aussie�s thrash the Pom�s in the Ashes and getting back to eating vegemite every morning for breakfast. I plan on making this the, �Summer of Chris�.

Time to head out to the extremely overcrowded subway system, find something other than raw fish for breakfast, then meet our afternoon tee time. Despite having lived here and visited several times it is still an incredible sensory overload.

Thanks again everyone for an amazing journey of experiences. In January 2009 allow me to show you all many amazing experiences the �Australian way�. The 2009 Australian Disc Golf Open will be more than just a disc golf event, but a cultural experience and a great opportunity to experience a little of Australia.

Ciao for now. Hopefully I will still be around in a few days after eating the fugu fish.

Thanks
Chris

twoputtok
Oct 23 2006, 09:42 AM
Always a pleasure to have you around Chris, I miss pinching your butt though. :D:D

Alacrity
Oct 23 2006, 10:52 AM
Really, way too much information ;)

Always a pleasure to have you around Chris, I miss pinching your butt though. :D:D

twoputtok
Oct 23 2006, 11:04 AM
You coming back to Oklahoma Jerry?

Alacrity
Oct 23 2006, 12:20 PM
I will always come play in Oklahoma.

You coming back to Oklahoma Jerry?

ozdisc
Oct 23 2006, 08:24 PM
I survived the fugu fish and will live another day. Off to hit the town and check out some shops.

Lots more later as my internet time is short.

Thanks
Chris

PS. Hey Twoputt, you would love Japan, lots of butt pinching going on. :D

twoputtok
Oct 24 2006, 09:22 AM
Well if thats the case, then I know you're a dancin muther. :o

ozdisc
Oct 24 2006, 10:06 AM
Too funny mate.

I am having a good time in Japan. My friends are taking good care of me with lots of great food. Tonight we even had huge imported steaks on the barbie from Australia. That was some good meat. I can`t even imagine what they would have cost. Just a little better than poisonous blow fish. /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

RSRN
Oct 24 2006, 03:04 PM
Hey Jerry! I will be in the Tyler area around the 12th of December. Care to play a few rounds? E-mail me with your phone number and I will call when I get to the states.

Alacrity
Oct 24 2006, 03:57 PM
Check your PM.

Hey Jerry! I will be in the Tyler area around the 12th of December. Care to play a few rounds? E-mail me with your phone number and I will call when I get to the states.

prairie_dawg
Oct 24 2006, 04:03 PM
... and cricket season will be huge this year.

Ciao for now. Hopefully I will still be around in a few days after eating the fugu fish.

Thanks
Chris

How big do they grow those crickets down under and why are you excited about those noisy things anyway? :eek: :D:D :cool:

Can't wait for the 2009 "Down Under" Australia Tour and DG Events! Neither can Clare :cool:

Miss ya already and am glad you survived the fish.

Pizza God
Oct 24 2006, 10:11 PM
You didn't miss much Wednesday.

How much longer to Jan 2009????? We are looking forward to it.

ozdisc
Oct 24 2006, 10:22 PM
I am flying into Melbourne in a few days to meet with a few key people about the 2009 Oz Open. I will also play one of the new courses.

It is amazing how my Japanese language skills have kicked back in since I have been here. However I can`t wait to get home to speak normal. :D

No disc golf in this part of Japan so have been busy with other things. Ball golf here was fun. The course was an amazing mountain course. We were offered caddies and everything.

Back tomorrow.

Thanks
Chris

geomy
Oct 25 2006, 01:27 PM
Sent you a reply a few hours ago Geoff.

I accidentally shipped all the photos and videos back to Australia last week. I won`t get them for 5 or 6 weeks, sorry. I will more free time once I get back to Australia to post them anyway.

I will be posting everything for now on the International thread if anyone has any questions.

Thanks
Chris

No worries - take your time and enjoy yourself...its safe to say you've earned it.

Thanks again for the memories.

ozdisc
Oct 26 2006, 04:54 AM
Spent the day walking around town and having lunch with friends at the Hard Rock Cafe here in Osaka. I fly back into Melbourne on the east coast of Australia late tomorrow night and arrive at noon on Saturday. I expect to be back in Perth the end of next week.

Back later.

Thanks
Chris

the camera guy
Oct 26 2006, 09:43 AM
Happy Birthday Chris, there is a party in Tulsa for am worlds volunteers, you're welcome to show up. Thanks for all you've done.

keithjohnson
Oct 26 2006, 10:01 AM
happy birthday chris, and i hope the rest of the flights go well!!

keith

lauranovice
Oct 26 2006, 10:14 AM
Happy birthday. Your birthday is truly one to celebrate. We are thankful that you were born and found your way to Texas. There are so many wonderful memories from the Texas 10, including our wedding. Our lives have changed so much, in part because of you. You are such a kind and giving person that keeps a smile and positive attitude even under the most stressful times. We wish you the best today, tomorrow and always,
Don, Laura, and Ian Q

okcacehole
Oct 26 2006, 10:20 AM
Happy Brithday Chris - enjoy the day!

gnduke
Oct 26 2006, 03:26 PM
Happy B-Day.

Hope to get over there soon.

Who's in the travel industry ?

How many players do we need for it to be cheaper to charter a flight to Australia ?

wheresdave
Oct 26 2006, 05:05 PM
Happy Birthday Chris :D

rhett
Oct 26 2006, 05:20 PM
Happy birthday! Hope it was a great one. :) (It's tomorrow over there already, right?)

Nelle 18131
Oct 26 2006, 05:59 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRISTOPHER GEORGE HIMING!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

ozdisc
Oct 26 2006, 09:44 PM
Thanks everyone. It has felt like I had 2 birthdays in 2 days with the whole time zone difference. Does that make me really old?

I fly out of Japan later tonight my time. Can't wait to hit Aussie soil.

Check out these signs from Japan. Weird english is everywhere. Just one more day before I speak the local lingo.

Thanks
Chris

http://www.engrish.com/image/engrish/cafedecancer.jpg

http://www.engrish.com/image/engrish/leave-off.jpg

It's easy to get a job teaching english in Japan... :eek:
http://www.engrish.com/image/engrish/very-#$*&$!-engrish-lesson.jpg

okcacehole
Oct 26 2006, 09:54 PM
You're going to get banned posting that :D

Hope the birthday is great and I will get with you next week on the discs...

GEORGE HUH - thank you Danielle :D

Alacrity
Oct 27 2006, 10:43 AM
Happy travels and happy birthday. Once you cross the equator, is that when the left and right thing corrects itself? :)

ozdisc
Oct 28 2006, 06:13 AM
I finally landed in Melbourne after a long few connecting flights. It is good to be here. I am still a couple of thousand miles from home but I am on the way. I will spend between 4 to 7 days here relaxing and setting up a disc golf contact here with the owners of the "frisbee" brand in Australia.

I just got word that 18 new portable baskets are on the way to Australia. 9 will ship to me in Perth and the other to here in Melbourne. Have course...will travel.

Off to play the mountain Ball Golf / Disc Golf course tomorrow.

On the plane from Osaka I talked a lot to the Australian flight attendent. She said I had a Texas twang in my accent. I really need to get out here and start talking more. Lots of g'days, no worries, and bewdy cobba from now on.

Back with more updates later.

Thanks
Chris

Oct 28 2006, 08:34 PM
Glad you had a safe trip Chris! Show'em that Putt! :cool:

Oct 28 2006, 08:35 PM
Glad you had a safe trip Chris! Have a fun round tomorrow!

Liz_Lopez
Oct 28 2006, 11:10 PM
Hola Chris! Thanks for the e-mail friend. It made me smile. Remember to take some pics for me!

ozdisc
Oct 29 2006, 06:37 AM
Thanks Liz :) Talk to you soon. I have some nice pics from today for you.

I will upload some others to my website tomorrow I hope. A beautiful course location in the Melbourne foothills.

J A B
Oct 29 2006, 09:09 AM
"bewdy cobba" and the Texas translation is?

Alacrity
Oct 31 2006, 10:01 AM
OH MY GOD!!! He has already been there a couple of days and we cannot understand him anymore!

I really need to get out here and start talking more. Lots of g'days, no worries, and bewdy cobba from now on.

ching_lizard
Oct 31 2006, 10:16 AM
"bewdy cobba" and the Texas translation is?

I dunno...maybe slang for "booty police?" :D

Glad to hear that you arrived safely Chris! Wassup for you next?

Alacrity
Oct 31 2006, 01:26 PM
Okay, since Chris is back in the land down under, we friends in the states will have to learn a new language to speak with him. To facilitate that I have included several key phrases. This is taken from an Aussie site, it is not mine..... Don't ask me to explain it, I don't always know my left from my right.

http://www.goulding.net/andrew_speaking_aussie.php

bloke: male. He� s a good bloke
cobber: friend. Pronounced cobba Hey cobber, �ow ya doin?
mate: friend. Gday mate
old cheese: wife (if you�re brave or foolish) No example given. I�m foolish, but not brave.
old man: father. The old man went crook on me last night
old girl: mother. my old girl doesn�t like that.
sheilah: female. She�s a good sheilah. (This is slightly derogatory and not used that much- chick is a similar alternative you may be more familiar with).
wanker: derogatory term (wanking is masturbation). He�s such a bloody wanker
yobbo: Idiot, jerk - slightly derogatory. Also shortened to yob, as in What a bunch of yobs
icy pole: popsicle, or ice pop or whatever you call it. Daaad, I wanna icy pole
fairyfloss: cottoncandy. Daaaad, I want some fairy floss.
power point: Power outlet.
bonza: Something that�s really good. Tenaj is a bonza car.
(What a crawler, huh? Crawler is a common term - right?)
bewdy: Derived from beauty - but its all in how its said. Statement of appreciation or excitement.
fair dinkum: true blue: Trustyworthy, honest, respectable. Andrew� s true blue, dontcha think?
petrol: Stuff you put in your car. Nobody calls it gas (unless they�re running on LPG).
dunny, loo: toilet, restroom, whatever.
stunned mullet: Unresponsive - either because of surprise or stupidity. Don� t just stand there like a stunned mullet!
OK, OK. I know that sounds dumb because mullet don�t have legs. But that�s the way its used. Alright?
havin� a blue: Having a fight or argument. If I called Caz my old cheese, we� d be havin a blue.
up himself: Someone who thinks too highly of themselves. Alternative to has tickets on himself
??. Typically not used to describe females (for obvious reasons!) unless they�re showing masculine amounts of agressiveness. I could think of several examples of people who are up themselves, but better not go into details.
take a leak: I guess there�s 100 ways of saying I gotta go potty in just about any language. This is a common one. Where�s the dunny? I gotta take a leak.
fanny: WARNING! WARNING! A fanny in Australia is part of female anatonomy close to, but defmitely not the same as a fanny here. What you call a fanny pack, we call a bum bag. If a girl had a fanny pack in Oz, she�d be straddling it. This could lead to some embarassing situations if you use fanny in the wrong context! thong: ANOTHER WARNING! thong == flip flop, open footwear. Imagine our neighbours dismay (here) when we talked about going down the beach in our thongs. In Oz what you call a thong, we call a g-string.
flat out: goingasfastasyoucan. Work was flat out today or I saw Janet driving home yesterday goin flat out as usual.
haveasquiz: havealook. Lets go and have a squiz if Ron�s awake.
fair suck of the sav: fair go: gimme a break: All mean this is unfair. Note that sav is short for saveloy which is kinda like a hot dog. I shudder to think where this term came from.... Subaru want's us to do what?!? Fair suck of the sav!
tinnie: can of beer. Hey mate, chuck us a tinnie, wouldya?
crack a tinnie: Open a can of beer. We leavin� already? But I just cracked a tinnie!
few tinnies short of a six pack: Mentally challenged. Similar to �the lights are on but nobody�s home�. So, are all Chicago people a few tinnies short of a six pack or is it just you?
schooner: middie: Beer glass sizes in the pub. There�s 3 sizes, large (schooner), medium (middie) and small - but I don�t remember the name for the small one. (Cause I never drink �em cause I�m a man.) Neither do I remember what the sizes are in ml, but a middle is what they count as a standard glass of beer when counting drinks for driving. shandy: A common sheilah�s drink (though probably less so now that cocktails and wine are more popular). Mix of beer and lemonade (erk).
pigs: cops: probaby same as here - police. (probably better if you don�t call em pigs when in earshot...)
doya block: chuck/throw a wobbly: do/lose ya �nana: Lose your temper (don�t know what bananas have to do with temper...) I did my nana with em
dag: Idiot, but in a friendly way. You are such a dag.
offya face: sh4faced: #$*&$!: drunk. Diane had a few too many tinnies � she was off her face.
dropped ya guts: Use your imagination, or maybe Caryn could give you a demonstration of what this means. Ohh, that stinks - did you drop ya guts?
havin� a lend ofya: or taking you for a ride, or bullsh*tting you. I think Duane� s havin� a lend of ya.
bigsmoke: city. Lets go down the big smoke for the weekend.
barbie: bbq. A coupla tinnies, a barbie, what more could you need?
shout: turn to buy drinks for a group. I think you use this here too. Put y�r money away, its my shout.
root: sexual intercourse. Classic Australian pickup line in the bar after a long night: Wanna root? You can imagine our amusement at all the plumbers vans driving around with signs showing a smiling face and alongside in large lettering Mr Rooter or 24 hour Root. Even the name roto-rooter conjures up interesting images. This also may explain why Janet didn�t get my joke about a wombat (an Aussie herbivorous marsupial which digs around in the ground foraging for food): Q. Why is an Aussie male like a wombat? A. Because he eats roots and leaves. Then again, maybe it just wasn�t funny. Oh well.
cuppa: Hot drink - like tea or coffee. (I guess cup of tea shortened).
biscuit: cookie. Usually abbreviated to biccie. What you call biscuits we would probably call scones. Come on over for a cuppa and a biccie.
up yours: biteya bum: Similar to bite me. I�m sure we all get enough practice at this and don�t need examples.
nick off; rack off; go away. Tell those noisy people in Marie�s back yard to nick off

lauranovice
Oct 31 2006, 02:14 PM
soooo, roughly translated, "bewdy cobba" means "thank you, friend."
thanks for the link jerry. looks like we'll need it

Laura12670
Nov 02 2006, 10:47 AM
Chris please contact me ASAP! I have sent you 3 emails, have some good news....

vinnie
Nov 02 2006, 11:39 AM
what the DNA test passed :D

disctance00
Nov 02 2006, 12:40 PM
LMAO... :D

seewhere
Nov 03 2006, 02:52 PM
changing title :D

ozdisc
Nov 03 2006, 11:35 PM
G'day everyone. I am finally back home in Western Australia. I have lots of news but will post more later over the weekend.

Thanks to everyone that has sent emails. I will be replying over the weekend now I have an internet connection.

Thanks
Chris :cool:

Pizza God
Nov 18 2006, 04:21 PM
Man 15 days without Chris posting. How did that happen?? :D

Chris, too bad you left before the Disc Golf cruise. It would have been fun having you on that cruise to tell us all your cruising stories. (my wife will not eat banannas on cruise ships anymore) :D

2 years 2 months and counting.

ozdisc
Nov 24 2006, 06:49 AM
Thanks Bryan. The cruise would have been fun. I have a ton of stories about my time at sea. Did I ever tell you I actually wrote and published a book on how to get jobs on cruise ships.

I have spent the last 2 weeks hanging out with friends and helping out at the World Ultimate Club Championships in Perth. It was a great time. Seeing that many people from all over the world enjoying playing disc in Australia was great.

I am enjoying the Summer of Chris. Currently enjoying watching the Aussies beat up on the useless Pom's in the cricket :D

I expect all my boxes that I shipped back to arrive in a week or so. At that time I will be arranging a little event followed by the West Aust. Championships in February as the 2nd event on the Australian National Tour.

I keep an eye on the happenings in the US. Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. As it gets cold there think of me here in beautiful mid eighties sunshine. :D

Back later,

Dec 13 2006, 04:18 PM
Hey guys,
I'll be heading down to Australia (Melbourne) this xmas. Can anyone give me some contacts while I'm there so I can get some rounds in? I'm bringing some portable baskets along to give as gifts to the in-laws too. -Jaseun

Dec 16 2006, 01:17 AM
Hey everyone and Chris,

My wife is originally from Melbourne Australia and we're heading down to visit for xmas, staying 3 weeks. My family down there is intrigued about DG and so we've bought a couple of portable baskets and will be giving them as gifts. My brothers in law are very active people and I hope to plant the DG seed with them. One BIL is manager of the Albert Park golf course in Melbourne. I am hoping to encourage him to install a course on the grounds. If you're not familiar, the Albert Park course is in very close proximity to down town Melbourne. They call it an 'executive' course.

So while down under I would like to meet up with some folks and play. I would really appreciate it if anyone can provide me contact info. Thanks! -Jason

ozdisc
Dec 24 2006, 09:22 AM
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a very Happy New Year from the guys and girls of Australian Disc Golf.

http://www.faylooney.com/aus-xmas/A114.jpg

okcacehole
Dec 24 2006, 02:27 PM
Happy Holidays to you, your family and the golfers also Chris - don't plug those lights in while the tree is in the water :D

Dec 24 2006, 03:09 PM
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a very Happy New Year from the guys and girls of Australian Disc Golf.

http://www.faylooney.com/aus-xmas/A114.jpg

Dec 24 2006, 03:11 PM

Chris, too bad you left before the Disc Golf cruise. It would have been fun having you on that cruise to tell us all your cruising stories. (my wife will not eat banannas on cruise ships anymore) :D

2 years 2 months and counting.

Dec 24 2006, 03:21 PM
homo

Dec 24 2006, 03:22 PM
Happy Holidays to you, your family and the golfers also Chris - don't plug those liffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffghts in while the tree is in the water :D

Dec 24 2006, 03:23 PM
Thanks Bryan. The cruise would have been fun. I have a ton of stories about my time at sea. Did I ever tell you I actually wrote and published a book on how to get jobs on cruise ships.

I have spent the last 2 weeks hanging out with friends and helping out at the World Ultimate Club Championships in Perth. It was a great time. Seeing that many people from all over the world enjoying playing disc in Australia was great.

I am enjoying the Summer of Chris. Currently enjoying watching the Aussies beat up on the useless Pom's in the cricket :D

I expect all my boxes that I shipped back to arrive in a week or so. At that time I will be arranging a little event followed by the West Aust. Championships in February as the 2nd event on the Australian National Tour.

I keep an eye on the happenings in the US. Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. As it gets cold there think of me here in beautiful mid eighties sunshine. :D

Back later,

Dec 24 2006, 03:25 PM

Chris, too kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjllllllllllllllllllpppppppppppp pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp ppppppppppp
p
p
pp
p
pp
p
p
p
p
p
p
p
p
p

p
p

pp
pp
p
p
p
p
pp
p
pbad you left before the Disc Golf cruise. It would have been fup
p
pn having you on that cruise to tell us all your cruising spp
tories. (my wife will not eat banannas on cruise ships ppanymore) :D
pp
2 yp
p
p
p
p
p
p

pp
pppp

pp
p
p
p
pp
p

pp
p
p
p
p
p
pp
p
p
p
p
p
p
p
p
p
p
p
p
p
p

p
p
pp

pp
pp
pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp p

pppppppppppppp
ppppppppppppppppppp
ppppppppppppppppppppears 2 months and counting.

ppppppppppppppppppp

pppppppppppppppp
pppppppppppppppp
pppppppppppp
ppppppppppp
pppppp
ppppp
ppppppp
ppppp
ppppppppppp
pppppp

Happy B-Day.

Hope to get over there soon.

Who's in the travel industry ?

How many players do we need for it to be cheaper to charter a flight to Australia ?

Thanks everyone. It has felt like I had 2 birthdays in 2 days with the whole time zone difference. Does that make me really old?

I fly out of Japan later tonight my time. Can't wait to hit Aussie soil.

Check out these signs from Japan. Weird english is everywhere. Just one more day before I speak the local lingo.

Thanks
Chris

http://www.engrish.com/image/engrish/cafedecancer.jpg

http://www.engrish.com/image/engrish/leave-off.jpg

It's easy to get a job teaching english in Japan... :eek:
http://www.engrish.com/image/engrish/very-#$*&$!-engrish-lesson.jpg

Dec 24 2006, 03:26 PM
I finally landed in Melbourne after a long few connecting flights. It is good to be here. I am still a couple of thousand miles from home but I am on the way. I will spend between 4 to 7 days here relaxing and setting up a disc golf contact here with the owners of the "frisbee" brand in Australia.

I just got word that 18 new portable baskets are on the way to Australia. 9 will ship to me in Perth and the other to here in Melbourne. Have course...will travel.

Off to play the mountain Ball Golf / Disc Golf course tomorrow.

On the plane from Osaka I talked a lot to the Australian flight attendent. She said I had a Texas twang in my accent. I really need to get out here and start talking more. Lots of g'days, no worries, and bewdy cobba from now on.

Back with more updates later.

Thanks
Chris

Happy birthday! Hope it was a great one. :) (It's tomorrow over there already, right?)

As many of you know as of mid October this year I will be leaving the US and heading home to Australia. As much as I love it here I am looking forward to playing again in Australia.

I thought I would post a few photos here to show everyone just how nice some of the courses are.

Keep January 2009 free. I may just decide to hold a major event in Australia for all my US friends, and show you how things are done Down Under :cool:

Dec 24 2006, 03:27 PM
http://www.provodiscgolf.com/robinaustralia.JPG

chris, what about this course, where the baskets have grown? rob is 6'3"

okcacehole
Dec 25 2006, 05:20 PM
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20061224/capt.bhu10112241259.india_christmas_bhu101.jpg

Dec 26 2006, 12:51 PM
Chris , did santa bring some vegemite this year?

Liz_Lopez
Dec 26 2006, 04:43 PM
I just got your Christmas card in the mail!!

Dec 27 2006, 02:08 PM
G'day everyone. I am finally back home in Western Australia. I have lots of news but will post more later over the weekend.

Thanks to everyone that has sent emails. I will be replying over the weekend now I have an internet connection.

Thanks

ozdisc
Dec 31 2006, 09:57 PM
Thanks Liz ;)

Happy New Year to everyone.

Erroneous
Jan 01 2007, 12:49 PM
Happy New Years Chris!!!

lauranovice
Jan 02 2007, 11:06 AM
Happy New Year, Chris

ozdisc
Jan 15 2007, 08:36 PM
DG Business and Domains For Sale:

Would you like to have the next big thing in Disc Golf? Would you like to run your own Disc Golf business? Would you like to have unlimited income potential from the booming Disc Golf industry? This is your chance not only to make a great living but to be a force within the sport.

As Google and MySpace confirm there is a huge income potential in information sharing, personal content management and online networking. This is your chance to take a page out of Google and MySpace and bring it into the world of Disc Golf.

Along with the 4 domain names listed below you will be given a business plan and outline of all the ideas and concepts behind making the most of these domains and starting your unlimited income potential Disc Golf online business. The computer programming and web content is up to you to provide or contract out.

All these 4 sites can and should be used in conjunction to maximize user participation and demand to revisit each site. Each site has benefits that link to each other and will help you build a strong user base and therefore a source of sponsorship and income from within and outside of the sport.

I am offering these domains and business plan and ideas as a whole and they will not be separated. The maximum potential of the business relies on all parts as a whole.

All information is considered private and confidential. To submit your offer please send a private and confidential PM or email to me with your bid. All serious offers will be considered.

www.discgolfspace.com (http://www.discgolfspace.com)

www.discgolfentry.com (http://www.discgolfentry.com)

www.discgolfliving.com (http://www.discgolfliving.com)

www.discgolfcaddy.com (http://www.discgolfcaddy.com)

1) www.discgolfentry.com (http://www.discgolfentry.com)
As a player are you tired of not knowing if your entry is confirmed, if your payment was actually charged, or even if the event is full? Would you like instant access to see the players already entered a particular event? Would you like more info like hotels, direction and times about an event before and after you enter? The list goes on.

As a Club or TD are you tired of waiting weeks and weeks to get your event listed online, waiting days or weeks for payment of entries after your event is over? Do you want control over when you get your money? Do you want entries in a format you can actually use without retyping it all? Do you want an automatic database of your customers? Would you like to be able to withdraw part or even all your current entry payments directly to your bank account at anytime you wish? All this can be yours plus much more with purchase of this business plan and domains.

2) www.discgolfspace.com (http://www.discgolfspace.com)
We all know the massive impact and demand for MySpace.com. This will be Disc Golf�s very own version aimed at the player and clubs and would be free. Players and clubs alike can create and manage their very own website all using simple and user friendly Disc Golf specific templates. All this would be free to players and clubs. Think of the opportunity to get massive numbers of people exposure to your other sites or businesses.

Erroneous
Jan 17 2007, 04:10 PM
:D

ozdisc
Feb 06 2007, 07:38 PM
After much work, we are proud to announce the formation of the Australian National Disc Golf Tour, officially known as ADGTour. Working with Tournament Directors around the country, we have assembled a program of 7 high profile A-Tier tour events and are opening up the program for regional Tournament Directors to create many B-Tier and C-Tier events during the year to allow players to accumulate points locally.

ADG Members competing in ADGTour events will receive tour points allocated based on their placing in tour events. Members will be able to follow their progress and ranking relative to other competitors on the ADGTour website. Larger A-Tier events provide the opportunity to collect increased points, while B/C-Tier regional events allow players to play for points more often in a local setting.

Check out www.australiandiscgolf.com (http://www.australiandiscgolf.com) for more info and about my next event the Perth Open on March 10-11.

We are also now taking memberships to "Australian Disc Golf". Click here for info www.australiandiscgolf.com/membership (http://www.australiandiscgolf.com/membership)

For those of you that asked me about custom Aussie discs we don't have any yet but I will let everyone know when it happens.

Thanks
Chris

ozdisc
Mar 13 2007, 01:09 AM
To see some photo's click here ... Perth Open Pictures (http://chrishiming.spaces.live.com/?lc=3081)

After much anticipation the Perth Open was just around the corner. As the 2nd event of the inaugural ADGTour, we all looked forward to the tours west coast swing, some sun, surf and two permanent disc golf courses.

In the few days leading up to the event Perth put on some record heat. Temperatures all week hit around 40 to 42 degrees (over 105 to 110 Fahrenheit). However this event was being hosted by international tournament director and recently residing back in Australia, Chris Himing. Chris has over the period of 6 years and over 120 events in the USA a seriously uncanny way to call on great weather in the face of tornadoes, floods and everything in between. The streak continued as on the eve of the event the temperature dropped from 42 on Thursday to only 27 Friday. The same was forecast all weekend. Perfect Disc Golf weather.

The first of the three interstate travellers, Andrew Ferguson arrived early Friday morning from Geelong in Victoria. During a whirlwind tour and breakfast in downtown Perth Andrew was heard to comment on several occasions just how much he liked the scenery down town. Andrew took more photos than a Japanese tourist that works for Nikon. After a quick drive up to Kings Park to check out the view the guys headed north to check out The Maze Course.

After a good ole Aussie welcome by Pam the Marketing Director the guys met Tim the local animal wrangler and tour guide. Tim earned a new nickname from all the players this weekend�Steve Jnr. This is of course was in reference to Steve Irwin. Tim is a true classic and has to be experienced. Crikey!

Tim was the perfect host and just the guy to show Chris and Andrew around the property. First up was to meet the kangaroo�s. After meeting a few of them Tim headed off to collect a basket for some photos. As he left he told Chris and Andrew to just go and round up the roo�s and get them in the small pen. What? Were these 30 or so kangaroos going to listen to these two disc golfers? Were these guys going to be the first disc golfers to die by Kangaroo mauling? As luck would have it they somehow managed to round them up and heard them into the correct pen. After thinking they could have a new career option the kangaroos out smarted them both and pushed open the gate on the other side of the pen to escape back to freedom. That career was certainly short lived.

Steve Jnr (Tim) then collected the 2 � year old male koala Clancy for some photos. The cameras were rolling on Tim�s 15 minutes of fame and he didn�t let anyone down. The soon to be showing on Australia�s Funniest Home Video Show blooper real was making even the animal�s laugh. Check your TV guides soon.

The guys checked out the course by playing a round before heading back to the coast for a look around Sorrento Quay. The wind was howling at the beach but at least it was not 40 plus degrees.

Off to check out the Rob Hancock Memorial Course in Greenwood for the rest of the afternoon. Andrew was quick to notice the street name at the entrance to the course�Mulligan Drive! Was this to be an omen to come?

After meeting some locals and doing some �tournament work� the guys headed back to Dave�s house for a shopping spree from hundreds of Chris� discs. It was like kids in a candy store.

Later that night Paul Arden from Melbourne and Albert Munoz from Sydney arrived. After renting a car the guys headed to the coast to find their hotel on the beach in Scarborough. Albert was heard to say that next time Paul needs to update to a sexier sounding voice on his GPS rather than the dull and numbing voice that would be directing them all over Perth this weekend.

Saturday morning and the Perth Open was about to begin. Albert and Paul were at the course at the crack of dawn from certain reports. The TD arrived around 11:30am after a relaxing morning breakfast with friends. Must be tough being an ADGTour TD? The crowd slowly started to drift in and by the scheduled start time of 2pm were all ready to go. No one had heard of Chris� American speech stories, which was a good thing.

The important thing of the welcome was the awarding of an Honorary Lifetime Membership to the ADG and membership number 0001 to an Australian legend in the sport, the late Rob Hancock. Rob�s parents were on hand to accept the award. It was a special moment for all that knew and remembered Rob. You will never be forgotten Rob.

32 players including 5 women teed off on round one which would be two rounds of nine on the original course. Players included multiple Australian Champions, previous World Record Distance holder Mick Canci, Ultimate players and several local players new to disc golf.

This we think is the largest crowd to play a disc golf event in over 10 years in Australia. By any account it was a great turnout after all that has happened in the last 10 years or so in a country that has a very long history of disc sports.

After round one local guys John Damiani and Corey Bandy were tied up on 54. A good score considering the strong sea breeze. Albert Munoz and Brian Vanallen rounded out the top 4. In the ladies Anna Haynes had a commanding lead over first time player Isobel Macaulay.

A free barbecue was cooked and served for everyone as the stories of good shots and not so good shots echoed around the lunch crowd. As the players finished up their lunch and stories Chris setup a portable basket and explained to everyone the �Ring of Fire�. Over $400 of merchandise was given away as everyone had a blast playing and laughing their way around all sorts of putting styles.

Round 2 would consist of two rounds of nine on a special temp course using some portable baskets combined with some new tee boxes along with original locations. Some holes were longer, some shorter and some just plain tougher. One memorable hole was Hole #4 that had OB all the way down the left side of the fairway combined with a series of trees. The basket precariously set just 3 metres from the same OB. One unnamed player proceeded to hit three consecutive trees and deflect left for three consecutive OB�s. Shooting 7 from halfway down the fairway the mystery person laid up for a solid 9. The next hole the same person was feeling a little beaten up and threw their hat on the ground and kicked it. As luck would have it the hat flew up in the air and got stuck in a tree. Now that is just bad luck., and the question is should that also be a penalty stoke?

The CTP Hole #8 provided every group a chance to win a disc for the closest shot on their card. Someone tell Rob Cinquini he can throw up the middle of the trees next time. It�s generally the shortest way to the hole even though we all know Rob can throw a mile.

After 36 holes John and Corey were still tied for the lead but the big mover was Paul Arden who had jumped up to tie Albert for a place in the final 4 on Sunday. With the better 2nd round score Paul would make the final four over Albert. Brian had consolidated his spot in third place. In Advanced it was a tough battle for first with Callan Holmes and John Manomy going shot for shot all round. Anna lost a little ground to Isobel but continued to lead. Deb Ng and Dani Thompson were having a great time playing as the laughs around the course would prove. In the beginners division Ross McBeth was proving too consistant for the rest of the field. Not too bad considering he was playing with one disc.

Everyone headed off to various parties and gatherings around town. Despite the early tee time on Sunday it didn�t stop some players from living it up. Come Sunday morning Chris was reminded why he loves running one day events so much. Everyone arrived on time at The Maze course and got in a few quick practise holes and to shake out the muscle aches and pains.

At 10am everyone teed off on this short, fun but mostly technical brand new course. Everyone was reminded to watch for any loose Kangaroo�s after Chris and Andrew�s wrangling efforts on Friday.

One highlight of the round was on Hole #4 as David Bandy hit his second ever Hole-in-One. The amazing thing was his first was only 30 minutes before on the same hole in practise.

The Advanced division had a playoff for first with John Monamy getting a nice birdie on the first playoff hole to beat Callan Holmes.

Two new players arrived to test out the fun on Sunday. As an assistance to players they had the option of entering for Saturday only, Sunday only or for both days. This helped players get a feel for the event without having to commit to all weekend.

Tim and The Maze staff fired up the barbie and we all enjoyed another sausage sizzle along with more stories and laughs from the weekend.

The scores were totalled, the trophies awarded and everyone made plans for their next round of disc golf. Congratulations to everyone on a great weekend of disc golf and a great way to continue the ADGTour around Australia.

Some interesting questions came from the weekend�

Would Anna find her hat?
Would Brian ever go into another maze again?
Would Mick Canci continue to throw his world record disc?
Would JD be convinced to read the players program?
Would Bart stop laughing after winning the Rip�t game Sunday afternoon?

Congratulations to the Perth Open Champions for 2007.

Open � Corey Bandy
Advanced � John Manomy
Masters � Dennis Barnden
Beginners � Ross McBeth
Ladies � Anna Haynes

Thanks to The Maze, The City of Joondalup, The Hancock�s, anyone that chipped in to help and all the players that enjoyed the weekend that came from all over Australia.

See you all on a course soon.

<table border="1"><tr><td>Rank</td><td>First</td><td>Last</td><td>ADG #</td><td>Division</td><td>Round 1</td><td>Round 2</td><td>Round 3</td><td>Total
</td></tr><tr><td>1</td><td>Corey</td><td>Bandy</td><td></td><td>Open</td><td>54</td><td>57</td><td>49</td><td>160
</td></tr><tr><td>2</td><td>John </td><td>Damiani</td><td></td><td>Open</td><td>54</td><td>57</td><td>54</td><td>165
</td></tr><tr><td>3</td><td>Albert</td><td>Munoz</td><td>6</td><td>Open</td><td>57</td><td>62</td><td>51</td><td>170
</td></tr><tr><td>3</td><td>Brian</td><td>Vanallen</td><td></td><td>Open</td><td>57</td><td>59</td><td>54</td><td>170
</td></tr><tr><td>5</td><td>Paul </td><td>Arden</td><td>8</td><td>Open</td><td>60</td><td>59</td><td>53</td><td>172
</td></tr><tr><td>6</td><td>Christian</td><td>Krogdahl</td><td></td><td>Open</td><td>61</td><td>62</td><td>51</td><td>174
</td></tr><tr><td>7</td><td>Andrew</td><td>Ferguson</td><td>11</td><td>Open</td><td>64</td><td>61</td><td>62</td><td>187
</td></tr><tr><td>8</td><td>Rob</td><td>Cinquini</td><td></td><td>Open</td><td>58</td><td>63</td><td>999</td><td>1120
</td></tr><tr><td>9</td><td>Mick</td><td>Canci</td><td>18</td><td>Open</td><td>60</td><td>66</td><td>999</td><td>1125
</td></tr><tr><td>9</td><td>Nathan </td><td>Barnden</td><td></td><td>Open</td><td>59</td><td>67</td><td>999</td><td>1125
</td></tr><tr><td></td><td></td><td></td><td></td><td>
</td></tr><tr><td>1</td><td>John</td><td>Monamy</td><td></td><td>Adv</td><td>59</td><td>64</td><td>52</td><td>175
</td></tr><tr><td>2</td><td>Callum</td><td>Holmes</td><td>17</td><td>Adv</td><td>60</td><td>63</td><td>52</td><td>175
</td></tr><tr><td>3</td><td>Travis</td><td>Naughton</td><td></td><td>Adv</td><td>65</td><td>63</td><td>58</td><td>186
</td></tr><tr><td>4</td><td>Dave</td><td>Bandy</td><td>10</td><td>Adv</td><td>65</td><td>65</td><td>58</td><td>188
</td></tr><tr><td>5</td><td>Andrew</td><td>Hutcheson</td><td></td><td>Adv</td><td>75</td><td>72</td><td>57</td><td>204
</td></tr><tr><td>6</td><td>Paul</td><td>Staples</td><td></td><td>Adv</td><td>65</td><td>65</td><td>999</td><td>1129
</td></tr><tr><td>1</td><td>Ross</td><td>McBeth</td><td></td><td>Begin</td><td>71</td><td>65</td><td>56</td><td>192
</td></tr><tr><td>2</td><td>Tim</td><td>Delane</td><td></td><td>Begin</td><td>69</td><td>73</td><td>59</td><td>201
</td></tr><tr><td>3</td><td>Chris</td><td>Fanchini</td><td></td><td>Begin</td><td>70</td><td>80</td><td>59</td><td>209
</td></tr><tr><td>4</td><td>Daniel</td><td>McNaughton</td><td></td><td>Begin</td><td>77</td><td>74</td><td>63</td><td>214
</td></tr><tr><td>5</td><td>Craig</td><td>Baldalchino</td><td></td><td>Begin</td><td>74</td><td>75</td><td>66</td><td>215
</td></tr><tr><td>5</td><td>Bart</td><td>Lethan</td><td></td><td>Begin</td><td>71</td><td>76</td><td>68</td><td>215
</td></tr><tr><td>7</td><td>David</td><td>McNaughton</td><td></td><td>Begin</td><td>79</td><td>79</td><td>76</td><td>234
</td></tr><tr><td>8</td><td>Scott</td><td>Davies</td><td></td><td>Begin</td><td>68</td><td>74</td><td>999</td><td>1141
</td></tr><tr><td>9</td><td>Paul</td><td>Denyer</td><td></td><td>Begin</td><td>75</td><td>74</td><td>999</td><td>1148
</td></tr><tr><td>10</td><td>Flethcer</td><td>Joyce</td><td></td><td>Begin</td><td>80</td><td>81</td><td>999</td><td>1160
</td></tr><tr><td>11</td><td>Leo</td><td>Tolley</td><td></td><td>Begin</td><td>999</td><td>999</td><td>74</td><td>2072
</td></tr><tr><td>1</td><td>Anna</td><td>Haynes</td><td>12</td><td>Ladies</td><td>71</td><td>78</td><td>61</td><td>210
</td></tr><tr><td>2</td><td>Isobel</td><td>Macaulay</td><td></td><td>Ladies</td><td>90</td><td>87</td><td>999</td><td>1176
</td></tr><tr><td>3</td><td>Deb</td><td>Ng</td><td></td><td>Ladies</td><td>95</td><td>97</td><td>999</td><td>1191
</td></tr><tr><td>4</td><td>Dani</td><td>Thompson</td><td></td><td>Ladies</td><td>136</td><td>999</td><td>88</td><td>1223
</td></tr><tr><td>5</td><td>Sarah</td><td>Rowles</td><td></td><td>Ladies</td><td>999</td><td>999</td><td>74</td><td>2072
</td></tr><tr><td>6</td><td>Ester</td><td>Barter</td><td></td><td>Ladies</td><td>999</td><td>81</td><td>999</td><td>2079
</td></tr><tr><td>1</td><td>Dennis</td><td>Barnden</td><td></td><td>Masters</td><td>72</td><td>71</td><td>999</td><td>1142
</td></tr><tr><td> </tr></td></table>

okcacehole
Mar 13 2007, 02:04 AM
Sounds like good times Chris - I am sure Joe will enjoy the 2 pictures with Twisted discs and the animals.

Stay in touch and keep us posted on some Aussie Discs

ozdisc
Mar 28 2007, 12:19 AM
G'day Everyone,

Summer is still going strong Down Under :cool:

We are not far away from having our first custom stamped discs in many years available for sale with a new ADG (Australian Disc Golf) logo.

They will be available for all my US friends at Twisted Flyers online store soon. Some will stay in the US for sale while the rest will get spread around Australia.

I will let everyone know as soon as they become available.

Thanks
Chris

ozdisc
Apr 05 2007, 02:50 AM
Here is the blooper real we made trying to get the intro done to our Perth Open DVD.

Perth Open Intro Bloopers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmo2D3aEVC0)

The music clip DVD will be online very soon.

Enjoy.

twoputtok
Apr 05 2007, 10:14 AM
Very nice Chris. I would love to make the trip down under for a couple of events.

Good work.

ozdisc
Apr 05 2007, 10:14 PM
Okay here it is. The 2007 Perth Open video clip made by Andrew Ferguson.

Perth Open Video Clip (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9HDB68350E)

And again the link to the intro bloopers.

Perth Open Bloopers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmo2D3aEVC0)

Thanks
Chris

ozdisc
Jun 28 2007, 02:33 AM
G'day everyone. They finally arrived...the first ever Australian Disc Golf custom stamped discs. Only 125 total were made and only 35 are available for sale in the US. All the rest are on a Qantas jet headed Down Under along with some of the latest Twsited Flyer merch.

You can pick up your very own Australian Disc Golf stamp disc at bargain prices from the official Australian Disc Golf (ADG) US dealer...Twisted Flyer.

Go to www.twistedflyer.com (http://www.twistedflyer.com) now to order yours. Notice the very cool new website while you are there.

All proceeds from the sale of these discs go back to the ADG to promote disc golf in Australia. In the last 6 months alone we have 3 new courses in the process with one in Sydney being the site for the 2007 Australian Championships.

Thanks to Innova for thier support making these discs and for allowing us to use Innova Discatchers in Australia.

Models available:
Star Teebird
Pro Wraith
DX Kite
DX Aviar P/A

Check out the Pro Shop at www.twistedflyer.com (http://www.twistedflyer.com)

Yours in Flight
Chris