obxgolfgirl
Mar 25 2006, 11:37 PM
This same info is on the RADL message board, but I thought I'd put it here too in the event that Raleigh NC area lady golfers view these pages as well. If you have any comments or names of players who won't see the PDGA discussion board and might like a personal email w/ the invite, please send me their info. Thanks

terry

Hey all~

I just wanted to post a note about upcoming plans for a weekly disc golf clinic DEVOTED SOLELY TO THE LADIES. Mandy and I still need to work out the details, and RADL has committed to lending support where it makes sense to do so. We�ll likely meet one night a week after work, starting sometime in April, and will keep it going as long as we have enough interest. By providing opportunities to play with and learn from experienced disc golfers, we hope to introduce more women to the sport as well as retain those that already play. A secondary goal is to increase the number of women competing at local and regional events.

What we need help with:
1. If you know any women that might be interested in learning the game, improving their skills, or want to play with other chick golfers on a regular basis, please send me their names and contact information, or have them email me.

2. We want to "spread the word" about the Women's Clinic to as many ladies as possible. As a recent transplant to the area, my knowledge of the best places to target is limited. If you know of an ideal place to hang a flyer, post an ad, etc., please let me know.

3. We plan to offer loaner discs each week to new players. Please let me know if you feel like donating any new or used plastic to the cause.

My email: [email protected] Also, feel free to send me ideas, suggestions, comments, etc. Thanks.

Cheers~

Terry

obxgolfgirl
Apr 18 2006, 06:03 PM
This info. is also posted on the local club RADL discusion board, but a lot of women tell me they check here too ....

The Raleigh Area Women's Disc Golf Group (RAWDGG) held its first meeting last Wed. at Cedar Hills and Mandi and I are thrilled with the number of women that came out (approx. 11). Many thanks also to those who donated plastic for our "loaner" collection.

We will continue to meet every Wed. at 6:00 at Cedar Hills. We did a mix of basic instruction followed by a round of golf. The casual format seemed to work this past week, so we'll probably stick to it. That being said, ladies speak up and tell us what you think. We created a yahoo group that includes more infomation (links, calendar, etc.). Everything on the site is open for public viewing, but any ladies that want to receive RAWDGG emails should join by going to:
http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/rawdgg/

Also, if anyone has a link they'd like to see added (local clubs, for example), shoot me an email and I'll post it to the yahoo group. We'd love to see more women playing all over NC, not just in Raleigh. Thanks

Terry