DSproAVIAR
Mar 24 2006, 08:55 PM
I am either confused or I have forgotten. Will someone with knowledge please answer?

FACTS:
Last year, if a disc goes OB, you played it 1 meter IB directly where it crossed the OB line. If you lost it, you play from the last place you saw it, or the last tree it hit.
This year, if you lose a disc, you go back to your original lie with a stroke.

QUESTIONS:
1. What if it goes OB over yellow rope(or a marked OB line) this year? How do you play it?

2. What if it goes into water(OB), you can see it 10' off the bank, but have to retrieve it after your round because you have to wade/swim to get it? How do you play it?

Thanks in advance :confused:

ck34
Mar 24 2006, 08:58 PM
Both 1 and 2 are played the same as last year using the OB options of 1m IB, original lie, or drop zone if specified.

DSproAVIAR
Mar 24 2006, 09:11 PM
Thanks for the quickie Chuck! Heres another..
So, you throw an orange disc into a lake, about 10' off the bank. Your group walks up and sees an orange disc in the lake, about where you threw it, but you cannot retrieve it (wading/swimming). You say "that's mine", but how does the group know that that is the disc you threw? If you can't really identify it b/c it's in the water, should it be "lost", or should you throw it from 1m IB? Completely hypothetical situation here.

Mar 24 2006, 09:19 PM
that is covered in the rules. "In order to consider the disc as out-of-bounds, there must be reasonable evidence that the disc came to rest within the out-of-bounds area. In the absence of such evidence, the disc will be considered lost and the player will proceed according to rule 803.11B. "

Seeing it go in would qualify as "reasonable evidence".

You know, all this stuff is in the rule book, you should try reading it, youll get your answers quicker ;):D:p

DSproAVIAR
Mar 24 2006, 09:31 PM
You know, all this stuff is in the rule book, you should try reading it, youll get your answers quicker ;):D:p

Thank you for your answers, oh wise ones. And I probably would've gotten the 2nd answer quicker, but DANG, Chuck's answer came less than 3 minutes after I posted! Now THAT is service! :D:D
Thank you

Mar 24 2006, 09:34 PM
I would have beat that time but I felt i should go get the quote from the rules and I am on dialup. :D