Mar 05 2006, 09:24 PM
Congratulations go out to Kim for her 1st Place win in the Advanced Womens Division at the Memorial in AZ! Kim, you rocked down there! Glad to see WI represented well and hope everyone else had fun too! Way to go and Congrats again!

schwinn2
Mar 06 2006, 02:47 PM
Yea Kim! Way to represent WI and make us all proud!

cjgomez
Mar 08 2006, 09:58 AM
Right on Girl! Mucho Congratulations go your way! We are all so proud of you and hope that it was a blast! ;) <font color="blue"> </font>

MARKB
Mar 08 2006, 12:05 PM
Kim, way to go! Showing the country what Wisconsin brings to the table!

amdiscgolfer
Mar 10 2006, 09:07 AM
First Barry now Kim!!!

Great Job down in AZ!!

MADCITYDISC
Mar 28 2006, 09:17 AM
Congrats Kim. Hope you and Eric had fun in the AZ. I'm sure you did. I'm thinking we could have our second Advanced Womens National Champ from Mad Town in the last 3 years this year! :cool:

Karma Police
Mar 28 2006, 10:43 AM
Maybe Marie! Kim played pro at the WI tour warmup and won! She accepted the cash so no more advanced for her. Marie cashed too but she's gunning for that advanced women's USDGC crown i think. I wouldn't be at all surprised if she takes the title!

schwinn2
Mar 28 2006, 04:17 PM
I had a blast playing w/ Kim, Sarah, Barrett, and Carla at the WI Warm Up. Kim played super well. That was the first time I had played w/ her since last year, and I swear her drive is at least 25 ft further than last fall. I�m predicting a pretty successful rookie season for her!

I received a lot of crap about not accepting cash at the tourney. After thinking it over and talking w/ quite a few people (mostly the elders of disc golf), I think I will stay advanced one more year. There are many reasons, really. Eric is a little right when he says I�m gunning for the USWDGC. It was a huge downer not being able to compete at the 2005 USWDGC at my full health. I want to end my advanced career, knowing that I gave it my all. I don�t care if I take 1st or 10th. In all honesty, this year�s advanced field will be super tough, and I don�t expect to win. I just want to give it my best shot, and I don�t want any regrets about not going for it.

As of right now, I�m going to play advanced women or int men. I much prefer playing against other women, but I love the huge int men�s fields (and the lower entry fees). So I think I�ll switch it up a bit. Play one tourney adv women and play the next int men.

Unless I lose function in my right hand, 2007 is the pro year for me!

Karma Police
Mar 29 2006, 08:55 AM
Nothing wrong with playing advanced another year. I know you were bummed about not being able to play the whole tournament last year b/c you were so sick. I'm acutally looking forward to going back again. The courses were great and phill/I had a great time playing the one's the tournament wasn't on that day. Hopefully this year it won't rain as much!

cjgomez
Apr 12 2006, 11:33 AM
Another Congrats goes out to Miss Kim for winning the Menasha Open! Is this girl hot or what?! Kim you rock, keep up the great work! I can't wait for ladies league to begin again, maybe this year we will actually be partners once :)
Congratulations again!