cevalkyrie
Mar 05 2006, 07:07 PM
As spring approaches, disc golf is heating up!! Winter leagues in Waukegan, IL have exploded recently as we are averaging over 20 players per week. If you haven�t made it out there, we strongly encourage you to make it if you have the time! There are players of all skill levels attending. Robbie Parish walked away with $180.00 today. He it an ace on the CTP hole and took 1st place. 2 more weeks of Winter Leagues, then we start fresh with Spring League on March 26th. Tom Schodlter is tearing up the field in overall points for winter league.

There are some area tournaments approaching early this spring. The WI Tour Warmup in Janesville, WI is March 18th. Club member Terry Miller is the TD. Visit his website http://www.lifetimediscsports.com/ for details. Also, a doubles event at Fairfield Park in Round Lake, IL will be run by Club President Brett Comincioli on April 15th. Everybody is encouraged to get a partner and come on out for the Fairfield Dubs! It should be a lot of fun. The IOS 2006 is rapidly approaching with the first tourney this April at Parkside. See www.brasscash.com (http://www.brasscash.com) for details.

There was recently an exciting announcement for Midwest disc golfers. After Amateur Worlds in Milwaukee in 2007, Pro Worlds 2007 will take place in Highbridge, WI. It was also announced that 2008 Worlds will be in Michigan. Don�t forget to rack up a lot of PDGA Tour points this summer so you get an invite to 2007 Worlds! It should be a blast.

The project to get a course installed on Lake County Forest Preserve is still ongoing. Disc golf is on the Forest Preserve Board�s April Meeting agenda. This is our best shot to get a championship calibur course installed in this area. Also, Bevier Park is going to be expanded to 18 permanent holes.

Even though the weather is freezing cold and its tough to get much practice, we still have some club members who have played some big tourneys this winter. Tom McManus from Gurnee, IL made the trip out to Las Vegas to play in the Gentleman�s Club Challenge, a PDGA A Tier event. Congrats on some solid play Tom! He says it was a lot of fun, and advises making the trip next year if possible. Also, Terry Miller from Menomonee Falls, WI is currently battling the Pros at The Memorial in Scottsdale, AZ. Good luck Terry, the warm weather must be a nice change!

We are continuing to search for more 2006 club members. We are very excited to have 65 already! The goal is to have 100 by the end of the year. Don�t forget, all club members get to play the Discontinuum Club Invitational PDGA tournament for free! Also, club members get discounts on club merchandise. See the new online store at http://store.discontinuum.org/ .

Hope to see you on the course soon!

Discontinuum Disc Golf Club BOD

**We ask that you forward this to any of your disc golf playing buddies. Thank you!**

bruce_brakel
Mar 06 2006, 11:45 AM
Buried in that second paragraph was Brett's Fairfield Doubles. A flyer is here: http://discontinuum.org/forums/index.php/topic,2318.0.html

The tournament is about playing best shot doubles for cash and making a small contribution to the Fairfield Practice Basket fund. I'm not involved in the production of the event, but if I lived closer, I'd play it.

flyboy
Mar 13 2006, 02:05 PM
Edgebrook Golf course par 66 with carts will be open for play this week.The baskets are going out today and tommorow.They have a new GM at the course.I hope to have some leagues ,when the time changes. Thanks to all the players last year ,who supported this course, and Jon Brakell for his hard work.Spike ,Tom, and Steve.also.....I hope this course can be an assett to the tour this year. If so when??? This was one of 7 courses I did last year.This year I have 5 courses I will do, north east ,north west,and some in the middle.It was nice to see at the memorial on both courses par 4s and par 5s we are getting closer to playing golf...After a long winter ,try on a fly style, and enjoy the experience...Game On........ ;)