TravisGrindle12
Feb 06 2006, 02:12 PM
With the ever increasing number of events �filling� up several weeks in advance. Does anyone believe that it is now time to have a rule that �current� members of the PDGA should be able to bump a non-member out of a tourney. I truly do not know where I stand on the issue, one side of me says if you�re late getting registered �to bad so sad. But the other side of me says different what does everyone else think?

widiscgolf
Feb 06 2006, 02:32 PM
I think inside some of us think that; but non-members can turn into members once they start playing events and see how the pdga is.

rhett
Feb 06 2006, 02:39 PM
There used to be a rule like that for, I think, one year. It's tough on the TD and terrible on the player who pre-regs (and makes the TDs life easier by doing so) and isn't a member.

As a TD, I want people in my event who want to be in my event. People who jump on that entry form and pre-reg right away show me that they really want to come and have fun. Bumping those people for someone who couldn't decide until 2 days before the tourney isn't a good trade to me.

As a player, I understand that tourneys around here fill-up farily quick for the am sides. I pre-reg when I know I want to play a tourney. Sometimes I have other plans that fall-through at the last minute and then I can't get in. That's life.

ck34
Feb 06 2006, 02:44 PM
Except for D-tiers, non-members who preregister have paid a temporary "event membership" of $5 which would not only put them on the same footing as members, but a little ahead of those who didn't preregister.

Jeff_Peters
Feb 08 2006, 03:12 PM
I want people in my event who want to be in my event. People who jump on that entry form and pre-reg right away show me that they really want to come and have fun. Bumping those people for someone who couldn't decide until 2 days before the tourney isn't a good trade to me.

Well said. That sums up my position on this topic.

TravisGrindle12
Feb 08 2006, 03:26 PM
I agree too, but we have tourneys around here where I know people are sending pre-regs before the entry is announced there guessing on the entry and maybe overpaying a little. I would just hate to see myself get left out of a tourney because I did not check the message board one day or live close to that area.

TravisGrindle12
Feb 08 2006, 03:40 PM
What I might like to see is this. A minimum date set by the PDGA for the beginning of registration( Say 6 weeks before the tourney date) with the first two weeks being PDGA Member exclusive, then being wide open for 3-4 weeks pending a pre-reg closing date.

This is a little off subject but I Love it when TD�s close pre-reg before a tourney or say if your entry is not received by said date you might not make it in. Last year at Sneaky Pete I remember on Friday afternoon a line of people waiting for the TD�s wife to check the mail one more time to see if any entries came in.

rhett
Feb 08 2006, 06:32 PM
I can't think of anything preventing any TD from instituting a "PDGA members only" priority pre-reg period for their tourneys right now, or even making their whole tourney "PDGA members only".

A-tiers are required to do that, but there's nothing stopping B or C from doing the same if they want.

quickdisc
Feb 08 2006, 06:42 PM
I can't think of anything preventing any TD from instituting a "PDGA members only" priority pre-reg period for their tourneys right now, or even making their whole tourney "PDGA members only".

A-tiers are required to do that, but there's nothing stopping B or C from doing the same if they want.

I think each TD wants a full field of players. Non sold out events are discouraged.

TravisGrindle12
Feb 08 2006, 09:54 PM
we have a tourney around this weekend with touring pros on the waitlist but several non members in. People better be there by 9:30 or they will be sad and schweb will be glad.

BTW quick i see ur in biotech who do u work for. Im with Biogenidec in Rtp NC

quickdisc
Feb 08 2006, 09:59 PM
What do you guys produce there at Biogenidec ?

Is your company public yet ?

TravisGrindle12
Feb 08 2006, 10:04 PM
We make Avonex, Amevive, Zevelin, and rituxin. We merged with Idec out of San Diego last year. We are public and have had one drug pulled -Tysabri, but its coming back this month i hope.

quickdisc
Feb 08 2006, 10:07 PM
Cool ..............own much company stock ?

You don't have to answer that. /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Plankeye
Feb 09 2006, 08:47 AM
we have a tourney around this weekend with touring pros on the waitlist but several non members in. People better be there by 9:30 or they will be sad and schweb will be glad.

actually they have to be there at 9:10...tee time is at 9:30

quickdisc
Feb 09 2006, 08:20 PM
Travelers should always arive early , just in case.