Jan 17 2006, 05:37 PM
Hello All...

I wanted to start this post to let everyone know that the Kamloops Disc Golf Club is hosting Canada's first women's disc golf tourney on May 26/27/28.

The International Women's Cup is a PDGA sanctioned B Tier event. It will take place at Rose Hill Disc Golf Park with two courses, East and West in play. There is already $3000 added cash and still growing!

Some of the other things we are offering:
*child care
*One Day C Tier tourney for travelling spouses/partners.
*Pro/Am Doubles
*$500 sponsored ace hole
*players party/social
plus much more!

This date is between to NT stops, so we are hoping many great players from the Beaver State Fling will make their way to Kamloops before heading to Kansas City. We have had interest from across Canada as well as Washington, Oregon, California and Arizona!

All updates and registration will be posted on our website within the week. Be sure to check it out! www.kdgc.com (http://www.kdgc.com)

Thanks so much...

Cheers!
Carrie Neal
KDGC
2006 IWC TD

Jan 19 2006, 08:28 PM
Yup, I gotta concur. Carrie has done a tremendous job so far setting this up.Any gals from nearby States or Provinces should make the trip to the Rose Hill course in Kamloops. Watch for web site updates and lots of cool stuff from Carrie and Inge at: www.kdgc.com (http://www.kdgc.com)
Disc Golf in Beautiful British Columbia ROCKS!
Clint Andersen
PDGA Provincial Coordinator, British Columbia

Jan 20 2006, 01:18 PM
Wanted to let everyone know that online registration has started at www.kdgc.com (http://www.kdgc.com)! New website updates happening soon!

Cheers
Carrie

Jan 20 2006, 07:57 PM
Yup, I have to concur with Carrie. IWC is going to be a very cool event. All women from the Pacific Northwest should strongly consider attending this tournament in sunny Kamloops, British Columbia, the Tournament Capital of Canada. The Kamloops Club puts on a great show and gals will be treated like royalty.

Clint Andersen
PDGA Provincial Coordinator, British Columbia

Jan 31 2006, 05:03 PM
LADIES!!! THIS IS GOING TO BE AN EVENT TO MAKE

Kamloops is going the extra mile to ensure a WICKED pro payout. There is child care available and lots of divisions to go in! (even a C tier for the men to play in, so's they can have some discn' but I suggest getting them to caddy for ya' ;)) So bring your girlfriends for an amazing weekend. If you are not 100% attending the next NT after the beaver state fling. stay in Canada awhile and check out the infamous PENDER ISLAND DISC GOLF COURSE. (gulf islands)
I am opening our lake side resort cabin for out-of-towners who want to join in on the fun. 10min walk to the disc golf park!!!
Skins anyone? women's doubles?

Load of fun in Canada eh!
hope to see you soon!
mouse :)

Jan 31 2006, 05:34 PM
Hi!

Just wanted to let everyone know that the IWC webpage is up and running! Check it out...
www.kdgc.com/iwc/ (http://www.kdgc.com/iwc/)

Maybe we will see some of you up here in May!
Cheers
Carrie
2006 IWC Tournament Director

Valarie24
Mar 09 2006, 07:41 PM
SEE YOU ALL THERE!!
-Me Burl and the Spirit are plannin out our trip up there :D!!
CANT WAIT! :D

Vanessa
Mar 10 2006, 12:54 PM
We'll be seeing you there!

I'm coming, and Elaine King is planning on it too. Plus Jenn Hubbuch from Asheville NC and (we hope) Christi Griffen from SC/GA too (we're trying to convince her!)

Mar 10 2006, 02:48 PM
That is great news gals. If you could do us a HUGE favour and register at:www.kdgc.com it will really kick start our registration. We have lots of lurkers out there who are in "wait & see" mode and by you registering it will get things moving fast.
Regards,
Clint Andersen
BC Provincial PDGA Coordinator

Mar 10 2006, 03:02 PM
Gald to hear that you all are making the trip to Kamloops! Can't wait to meet you and play some golf! Looking forward to a great tournament!

Cheers
Carrie
2006 IWC TD

Vanessa
Mar 11 2006, 12:10 PM
I registered this morning and my cheque is in the mail! I'm really looking forward to this ... I'm planning on staying an extra day or two to do some touring too!!

Mar 21 2006, 02:25 PM
Thanks Vanessa! I received your cheque today...that was quick! Looking forward to a great weekend of disc golf!

Cheers!
Carrie

Apr 03 2006, 11:23 PM
Just wanted to drop a note to the women who are registering online for the IWC...It is a two step process...

...first you have to fill out your information for the player database. Then the page will show your info and ask you to sign up if it is all accurate.

...then you actually go to the registration page that allows you to pick your division and send your registration in.

Thanks so much! If you are planning on attending, be sure to pre-register so we can have an idea of the number of players!

Cheers
Carrie
www.kdgc.com/iwc (http://www.kdgc.com/iwc)

inge
Apr 19 2006, 12:01 PM
The date is getting closer and the excitement is building!

Check the website at www.kdgc.com/iwc (http://www.kdgc.com/iwc) for the most up-to-date information!

Not only will this be a kick-#$*&$! Ladies Tourney with fabulous players packs, awesome AM prizes and a massive PRO payout, there's also....

- Skills clinics with Des Reading and Sassy Pants' Teresa & Jodie
- "Who's Your Caddy" auction & draw
- Rage in the Sage one day men's tourney
- Pro/Am doubles
- and more!!

If you've been thinking about playing disc golf in Canada, this is THE event to attend! Make your way to Kamloops, your adventure destination in the heartland of BC!

inge
Apr 24 2006, 03:43 PM
Didn't see you on the official list yet but heard you're coming to Kamloops! Looking forward to reuniting the Spirits again soon!

Apr 25 2006, 01:53 PM
Toni and Karen can't be playing in different divisions!! I want a rematch of about every am masters women's worlds tourneys.. Its time Karen got some revenge!! ;)

Apr 25 2006, 03:50 PM
Karen has moved into Toni's division...it's just a matter of getting it changed on the site..I'm trying...sorry!

Apr 25 2006, 04:39 PM
No worries.. I just felt like the planetary alignment was off for a second.. as you were!

inge
Apr 26 2006, 12:00 PM
Just wanted to say THANKS to all those ladies who have recently signed up for the IWC! 6 divisions, that's quite an impressive list!!! :D

On Friday night the Tournament Inn, official IWC host hotel, is holding a PUTTING contest. Check the website for details & most up-to-date info!

Apr 28 2006, 12:25 AM
I just got the registered players list posted on the PDGA Tour page. 31 players to date! I will continue to update it...

Thanks to everyone for their support! I'm looking forward to a great weekend of disc golf!

Cheers
Carrie

Apr 28 2006, 12:53 AM
Yay! What a list ;)

May 10 2006, 05:12 PM
The IWC players list is still growing...

Thank you to all the women travelling from afar to take part in this tournament. Your support is tremendous...you won't be disappointed!

This is definitely the largest field of female players at any Canadian tournament! Check out the players list here on the PDGA website!

All the pieces of the puzzle of coming together...
*$3000 added cash to the Pro Purse
*$500 ace hole - open to all players
*Players Packs for every player including a disc and shirt plus lots of other goodies!
*Lots of awesome prizes for the Ams
*great CTP prizes
*Fly Mart
*Huge Players Party with Caddy Auction and Mini Putting Contest - winner takes home the Innova Mini Basket!
plus lots more!

I'm so glad to be a part of this tournie...wish more of you could make the trip!

Cheers :)
Carrie Neal
2006 IWC TD

valkhere
May 28 2006, 08:48 AM
Are there any scores yet?

valkhere
May 29 2006, 08:39 AM
Anyone have any results for this yet?

Luke Butch
May 29 2006, 10:48 AM
Unconfonfirmed(from a spouse there I believe)

Val Jenkins takes it down for $900.

valkhere
May 29 2006, 04:17 PM
Finally got scores for all but the finals up. If that is true, WAY TO GO VAL! I told you to kick some butt there! :D

May 29 2006, 06:19 PM
Val won in a 3 hole playoff after the final 9 decided nothing. Both VJ and Julianna were tied going into the final 9 and what a final 9 it was. Val took a 2 stroke lead and gave it back, setting the stage for the playoff which was decided on hole #8, a 515 foot hole. Julianna got into gulley trouble on the right fairway while Val nailed a huge drive well out of harms way. She narrowly missed a duece on the hole with a patented Jenkins Sky Hyzer approach shot. A memorable final 9 and a remarkable week-end for Women's Disc Golf.

inge
May 29 2006, 09:35 PM
Going into the final 9, Juliana Korver and Valarie Jenkins were tied for the lead, with Des Reading 6 strokes back and Carrie "Burl" Berlogar 8 strokes back.

The course wasn't giving Juliana any love, after a fabulous drive on Hole 2 her putt for a birdie spit out! :( She also had a rough time on the Ace Hole #6 when she missed the mando, which allowed Val to take the lead.

Going into Hole 8, Valarie was leading by two strokes. Juliana played safely for a 3. Meanwhile Valarie ran her par putt, missing high. She then hit low on her comeback putt, which forced her to take a 5. So again JK and VJ were tied, and they both parred Hole 9 to force a 3-hole playoff.

The playoff was held on Holes 6 through 8, which gave each player another chance at the $500 Ace Hole #6. While neither hit the ace, they both made the mando and parred the hole.

On Hole 7 both Valarie and Juliana recorded birdies while the crowd watched in awe.

Juliana's drive on Hole 8 was just a little wide. Her disc hit trees early, bouncing it just off the fairway into a treed gully. Juliana's luck was running out, as she threw hard out of the gully she hit another tree. The door was thus opened for Valarie, who recorded a respectable 3 on this hole to become the first ever International Womens Cup Champion! :D :D :D

What a super weekend, what a great tournament! I can't say enough wonderful things about the participants, the volunteers, the caddies and the people of Kamloops who all worked together to make this event possible. The smiles on everyone's faces were proof positive, a fabulous time was had by all!

Over the next few days I will post pics & a write-up on the IWC website... :) Thanks ladies!!!

May 29 2006, 10:16 PM
Congrats Val!!! You rock! :D

Melissa
May 29 2006, 11:30 PM
WOW!!! What a HUGE win for Val!!! Congrats!!! :D :D :D

vinnie
May 31 2006, 11:55 AM
We love ya here in BC too Vinnie and this is just a friendly side bet to keep the cool momentum going!
How about this? The tourney director with the biggest Pro and Am purse, including player packages (and funds converted into US$)gets to see a digital photo posted here with the other TD wearing a tshirt (provided by the winner) at the local course with a few other club members present?
Vinnie, if you win I'll don the chessiest "Don't mess with Texas (note the Capital T) tshirt you can find. If I win (although I'm not the TD, but I'll take one for the team) I'll send you a cheesy "I love Canada" t shirt to wear.
We on Vinnie?

33 ladies....good try!
Pro pay looked good....but where was your ams?
My report is in and time for cANADA to pay up.
Where do I send the shirt?
57 ladies
Total Tour Event Value $7,766
Am Event Value $5,251 480% payout
Pro Event Value $2,515 412% payout
Maybe next year :D

Valarie24
May 31 2006, 02:15 PM
Thanks Guys!! This tournament was everything it was cracked up to be!! It ran soo smoothly and it was soo fun!! I loved seein all the new faces and meeting some great new golfers!! The courses were great.. nice and looong!!! Great Job Carrie and the gang!! Can't wait til next year!! Thank yOU! :D

inge
May 31 2006, 02:33 PM
Vinnie, you might win in overall numbers... but ... not in terms of value per player!

As Clint pointed out, the IWC payout was huge! Now before you start saying well that's only in Canuck bucks, you should know one Canadian dollar is now worth 91 cents US!

I know all the totals aren't up on the PDGA site yet. Each and every Amateur player got "paid" - All the Advanced, Intermediate and Rec players received prizes/script. On the Pro side, both Pro Masters were paid, and 8 out of the 15 pros, with the top girl taking home $900! Not too shabby, eh?

Maybe the ladies can let us know how this payout compares to other tourneys? Actually I think I already know the answer...

... 14 pro ladies at Masters Cup and Juliana took home $660... 12 pros at Beaver State Fling and Des got $600... 10 pros at TWC and Courtney got $550...

inge
May 31 2006, 03:47 PM
Forgot to mention that some IWC photos are online, have a looksie!

Click here for IWC PHOTOS (http://www.kdgc.com/iwc/photos/index.htm)

inge
Jul 11 2006, 04:53 PM
http://www.inge.ca/updates/july06/lily_small.jpg The rare and beautiful Mariposa Lily, the symbol for the International Women's Cup, has finally been spotted at Rose Hill!

I thought it was supposed to appear at the end of May in time for the tournament... guess not!

Click here for more pics (http://inge.ca/photos/20060708.htm)

Jul 20 2006, 10:07 AM
The gals from the KDGC are meeting in August to discuss plans for the 2007 International Women's Cup. Our club is dedicated to putting on great tournaments and would like to see the IWC and another large tournament take place next year in Kamloops, the Tournament Capital of Canada.

John Houck spent 14 days here in May/June designing 2 world class championship courses. Our hope as a club is to have at least one of these courses ready to play at the start of the '07 season. That means possibly the IWC could be played on the new course

Any ideas or feedback that you have regarding the IWC would be appreciated! Is there something we could do that we didn't do this year? Something you want to see happen? Let us know! We want to make it bigger and better than this year but do not want to conflict with other big events! Your support is what will make this a success.

Thank you so much to those ladies that made the trip to Kamloops this year. I hope to see some of you return next year!

Cheers
Carrie Neal
2006 IWC TD

inge
Oct 11 2006, 07:25 PM
Just received the latest issue of Disc Golf World and there is a really nice article about the IWC written by the very wonderful Vanessa Chambers - thanks so much!!!

PS. Becky Campbell should get credit for the group shot

Jan 24 2007, 10:51 AM
2006 was a great year for us and the Kamloops Disc Golf Club: We played host to the world's best Women Disc Golfers at the inaugural IWC in May 2006 and we crowned our first Champ, Valarie Jenkins! We invited the world's best disc golf course designer John Houck to design two world-class courses at Rose Hill East, where we previously had only one temporary 18-hole course.

We are facing another challenge at Rose Hill West due to the Mountain Pine Beetle infestation, which has destroyed all pine trees in its path. The City of Kamloops is scheduled to remove affected pine trees in early Spring 2007.

The redesign of Rose Hill East has us looking forward to two monster course installations at Rose Hill East in Spring 2007, while pine tree removal on Rose Hill West presents new challenges for our existing course.

So the good news is, when all that work is completed, KDGC will have three world-class 18-hole courses ready for you to play. The bad news is that this work will probably not be completed in time for IWC 2007, which has forced us to make a difficult decision to postpone IWC to 2008.

Please visit our website www.kdgc.com (http://www.kdgc.com) in Spring 2007 for photos and updates of our course redesign and installation progress.

We thank you sincerely for your support of the IWC, and we hope you will mark your calendars and join us for IWC 2008, tentatively scheduled for May 31-June 1, 2008.

Yours in Disc Golf
Carrie Neal
IWC TD
www.kdgc.com/iwc (http://www.kdgc.com/iwc)