HFDS184
Jan 01 2006, 08:02 PM
Posted by Andi Lehmann on the HFDS website:
"Riiver Grove Parks first 9 very rough holes are cleared and baskets are in. You think Spring Valley was tight? Stone tee markers (custom designed by Slim Tim Eagan!)due for installation shortly, but temp markers in place. Back 9 under design and construction due to begin in mid January. Concrete tee pads will follow. Course should be complete by February."

Kingwood is about 23 miles north of downtown Houston off Hwy 59

the_kid
Jan 02 2006, 12:42 AM
I really hope the fairways are fair and there are no walls of trees placed across the tunnels. :confused: I was going to go outt there today but it was getting dark so I decided not to. I will go out soon though and give it a look.

HFDS184
Jan 02 2006, 04:40 AM
I'm gonna ride out there next weekend. Still don't know the exact location of the course, though.

suemac
Jan 02 2006, 09:36 AM
Maybe we can plan a local "road trip" for Sunday. I'd love to see what's been done so far, and I want to thank all the local Kingwood folks who are making the funds available to put an longtime needed course up on the NE side of H-town.

Let's all just remember, this is a course that is for EVERYONE, and not just the few local long arm pros who seem to always see the disc golf course selections as a glass half empty in our area, and are in short supply of gratitude. Maybe those folks need to move to a more satisfying course community. hint, hint, hint. LOL :D :D :D

Thanks Kingwood HOA and Andi Lehmann.

the_kid
Jan 02 2006, 02:43 PM
I never said it had to be long but I would like to see it FAIR which means that the luck factor won't acount for +/- 5 strokes per round like some recent courses put in. I still wish she would've listened to my suggestion of putting in a longer course which three sets of tees instead of a short course which long tees will be added in the future. The bad the about adding long tees later is that you do not have as much room to work with and the course quality is hampered. If you add short tees you already have areas in the fairway to put the holes and there is no lack of space.

HFDS184
Jan 02 2006, 03:10 PM
Let's all just remember, this is a course that is for EVERYONE

I hope it will be. The park itself is supposed to be for residents only. I hope the parks department doesn't make a fuss about non-residents coming in to play. Residents actually have window stickers.

MP757
Mar 30 2006, 05:22 AM
What's the word on this place? Talked to someone from Kingwood and they said all 18 holes were in the ground and cement tee pads. Like to hear some opinions from anyone thats thrown it.

chessguy13
Mar 30 2006, 04:50 PM
I've played the course and although it is certainly challenging, I had fun. Until things get cleared out a bit, you just throw your drive and hope to get lucky and not hit a tree; cause there are many!!! Very difficult to hit the small gaps that you'd want to hit ideally. I consider most of the holes a par 3.5. It is not my home course but if it was I'd be very happy to have another course to play on. Still waiting to hear if a certain Pro has won our bet. I bet him he couldn't shoot even in either of his first 3 rounds there. He's a Conroe-ite! :D

suemac
Apr 09 2006, 01:30 AM
:o<font color="red"> </font>

suemac
Apr 09 2006, 01:33 AM
Thanks Andy, That's what I said on the few holes I birdied, the rest were only four letter words. Will bring game next time and more beer.

May 19 2006, 09:41 PM
Can anyone give me directions to the park...Kenney & I would like to play tomorrow.

May 22 2006, 08:52 AM
Found the directions...

ching_lizard
May 26 2006, 09:23 AM
Lil Bit: What are the directions? What did you and Ken think of the course? I'm going to try and go find this place over this weekend and see for myself! (I know - I know, I ought to be ashamed that there are courses in my home town that I haven't even played yet!) :D