DiscDiva
Dec 04 2005, 09:21 PM
<font color="red">Here's your chance to help. What would you like to learn in a clinic if you're new to disc golf? Or think back to when you were new, what one thing helped you most with your game. Please women only. Let's limit this post to JUST clinic ideas. This will make it easier for the person putting the flyer together to organize the ideas into a simple flyer. Don't be offended if your idea doesn't make the final flyer, just remember you did help with it and are helping other women get started. Thanks!</font>

valkhere
Dec 05 2005, 03:49 PM
When I was new to disc golf the biggest help I ever got was learning the run up. I actually got much more accuracy and much much more distance once I learned that.

Wammy
Dec 05 2005, 04:06 PM
I've been playing awhile, but haven't had great advice until this year- which has helped me...

1. For improving drives -Proper motion of the reach back all the way to the follow through- (still need help on my follow through)
2. when I was new- not knowing what a person was talking about when they used DG lingo, such as stable, overstable, Hiezer..ect...
3. Helping figure out what discs to use- where to start- there are so many to choose from, and the selectino keeps growing! Getting advice from men on this is not always good!

Any advice, I would love to read up on- or see at clinics. I don't know how else to get better, if I don't practice and find ways to improve.

marshief
Dec 05 2005, 08:12 PM

DiscDiva
Dec 06 2005, 11:08 AM
Good stuff, keep it coming. Wammy, what is your name? Will you be at Am Worlds in OK in '06.

Also Suzette let me know that Innova will have lots of women's info on their site. I'm sure some of that will get incorporated into the flyers. We'll make sure the link gets posted in the forum as soon as it's all set up.
Kathy

Wammy
Dec 06 2005, 11:56 AM
Tammy (walsh) here and yes I do plan on being at AM-Worlds- if everything goes as planned at work as far as getting the time off. I REALLY really want to go, so I better warm my boss up to the idea now.
Looking forward to talking to you more and getting more involved.

discette
Dec 07 2005, 10:19 AM
Innova is setting up an area on the website with information on how to get more women involved in disc golf. The page is currently under construction, but you can view it now at: Women and Disc Golf (http://www.innovadiscs.com/faq/women.html). There is information on running leagues for women, hosting clinics and running doubles events.

Please review the ideas and feel free to provide your feedback and experiences.

valkhere
Jul 17 2006, 12:05 PM
The information on Innova's site is going to come in handy! Thanks for posting that link! I started a women's league in Lansing, MI about a month ago and have 5 regulars and a few that make it when they can! We've been having a blast and I just printed the info for the clinics to help out too! Thanks again!