Nov 12 2005, 03:04 PM
The show opened with one of the main characters saying "What do you think? Shark?" and the reply being "No, I think the Eagle would be better suited here." They then pan out to show the three main characters playing disc golf!! Very nice promotion for the sport!

discette
Nov 12 2005, 03:25 PM
I saw the episode. The main character threw his disc and proceeded to get an Ace. They were playing to temporary baskets, but they appeared to be standing near real tee signs. Even though it was a bit cheesy, it was nice exposure. The one character even had a disc golf bag with him.

Does anyone know the name of the college where Epps is a professor?
I could find out if there really is a course on campus.

keithjohnson
Nov 12 2005, 06:25 PM
real tee sign,hole 11 with buildings behind the sign

baskets(2 different ones shown)were lightning db-5's

2 of the guys had bags(both number geeks)
the ace was by the FBI brother

it is probably a college close to the studios in los angeles area

somebody local has to recognize it hopefully!

Nov 13 2005, 10:28 PM
I saw it while I was struggling to find new batteries for the remote.

Neat.

rhett
Nov 14 2005, 04:39 PM
My mother-in-law made a point of telling us about it.

An ace by an FBI guy? Is there some Hollywood standard somewhere that says anytime you show disc golf on TV that you must have an FBI guy and that he must get an ace? :D

Moderator005
Nov 15 2005, 01:05 PM
http://www.ravaged.net/stuff/numb3rsdg.avi

MTL21676
Nov 15 2005, 08:10 PM
you have a video of it...all i got when I clicked that was an audio file

Nov 15 2005, 09:35 PM
Try installing the DivX codec ...
http://www.divx.com/divx/download/

you have a video of it...all i got when I clicked that was an audio file

I think tee sign # 11 is a prop they brought over from another course or had their crew make up. Fairly generic, but a nice little detail. Charlie's throwing style is much more refined than his FBI brother Don's who nabbed the ace. I dig the enhanced "whoosh" sound affect after Charlie threw and the fact it looks like he's holding his breath while in motion.

There are some people milling around another DB-5 behind them to make the scene look like there's a course on the campus, but it's a pretty crowded space overall. It's official, the sound of a DB-5 disc crash leaves more to be desired - might be another studio "enhancement" though, who knows.

Cardinal sin: it's clear no one has their names sharpied on on their plastic :eek: ;)

Nov 15 2005, 11:36 PM
Thanks for posting the video.

Charlie's throwing style is much more refined than his FBI brother Don's who nabbed the ace

True :D

MTL21676
Nov 15 2005, 11:55 PM
wohoo!! got to see it...

my thoughts.....

1. These guys suck.
2. I didn't know that retirement home villas hosted temp courses.
3. The FBI agent that aced released way to early to have a hyzer be in line with the pin.
4. Why didn't the guy that actually knew about disc stability throw?
5. The same guy seemed to be holding a Discraft disc - some sort of X plastic

gnduke
Nov 16 2005, 12:03 AM
He did throw, just before the scene started.

There was an orange disc on the ground besie the basket when the blue disc landed.