cevalkyrie
Oct 27 2005, 02:19 PM
Looks like the PDGA is going to announce in the near future that they are going to increase the fee of $5.00 for non PDGA members to $8.00 for events.

gnduke
Oct 27 2005, 02:39 PM
I can't agree or disagree until I know what they are basing the decision on. If the new $8 cost is for exactly the same thing as he $5 was for (just the priviledge of playing), then I am not in favor of it.

I would be in favor of an increase for Adv and Pro division fees. By the time you are competing in those divisions, you should have made up your mind whether PDGA events are for you or not, and by-passing the membership should be less of an option if you plan to attend several a year.

underparmike
Oct 27 2005, 05:17 PM
attention PDGA: please tell your lackey gnduke how he should feel about this change. Lackeys are not allowed to think; you may have to pull duke's Lackey card.

Oct 28 2005, 03:04 AM
Hmm. Wonder why this couldnt go in the thread with 185 replies already.

Best Thread Ever!!!!

You're right Sandalman, but a poll always lead to the same discussion that's already being discussed :D

sandalman
Oct 28 2005, 10:51 AM
because the only time you can create a poll is when you create the thread. you cant plop a poll into the middle of an existing thread.

neonnoodle
Oct 28 2005, 11:01 AM
attention PDGA: please tell your lackey gnduke how he should feel about this change. Lackeys are not allowed to think; you may have to pull duke's Lackey card.

Gary: Level Headed Free Thinker
Mike: Victem of his own mistaken and ignorant pre-conceptions with a splash of hate and self-loathing.

I think you are the card carrying member Michelle.

And did I tell you that your momma is so fat that when I tell her to haul [I'm a potty-mouth!], she gotta make two trips.

underparmike
Oct 28 2005, 11:14 AM
Nick, why can't you set an example and act like a professional, like you claim the PDGA is?

If you're so brilliant and want to attract people to the sport, you'd do that. Don't act like an [I'm a potty-mouth!].

underparmike
Oct 28 2005, 11:15 AM
that's hilarious! you can't post A N G R Y C L O W N?

bruce_brakel
Oct 28 2005, 11:16 AM
Hmmm, can you say Cam Todd?

cbdiscpimp
Oct 28 2005, 11:17 AM
Get a life bro!!!

You are just making yourself look like a grade school jerk off!!!

DweLLeR
Oct 28 2005, 11:25 AM
Nick, why can't you set an example and act like a professional, like you claim the PDGA is?

If you're so brilliant and want to attract people to the sport, you'd do that. Don't act like an [I'm a potty-mouth!].

Please keep in mind Nick is nothing more than a "volunteer" for the PDGA. Since hes not paid for his time he should not be considered a professional. Any misconception of such will only further the rantings.

cbdiscpimp
Oct 28 2005, 11:27 AM
Is anyone that works for the PDGA even a professional disc golfer???

Oct 28 2005, 12:00 PM
Is anyone that works for the PDGA even a professional disc golfer???

I don't know about anyone else that works for the PDGA, but I know Brian is a pro. http://www.pdga.com/tournament/playerstats.php?PDGANum=4022

He's also a really nice guy in real life.

johnrock
Oct 28 2005, 07:17 PM
Ive done plenty of work for the PDGA in my part of the woods, and I'm a professional player since 1990.

gnduke
Oct 31 2005, 07:15 PM
I'll do work for the PDGA, but don't think I'll ever be a Pro golfer.

Sorry Mikey. I don't blindly follow, I don't always agree, but I try not to condemn decsisions even when I don't agree with them.

As far as the increase goes, I don't see it being positive unless it actually comes with something of value to the non-PDGA player. Otherwise, it may be revenue neutral, but could turn away potential players that may have played at $5.