morgan
Oct 25 2005, 12:10 AM
Guy shanks into the woods, and before the disc comes to rest the guy's dog runs and catches the disc and brings it back out and drops in on the ground right near the pin.

803.06 A. "A thrown disc that hits another player, spectator, or animal shall be played where it comes to rest. A thrown disc that is intentionally deflected or was caught and moved shall be marked as close as possible to the point of contact, as determined by a majority of the group or an official."

krazyeye
Oct 25 2005, 12:12 AM
The rule is way too clear. I voted for the last one.

morgan
Oct 25 2005, 12:24 AM
Yeah? Well the phrase "intentionally deflected..." imples that dogs can intentionally do things but this is a Judeo-Christian society and Judeo-Christian teachings tell us that only people have souls and minds, and therefore dogs have no soul and no free will, therefore they can't "intentionally" do anything because Jesus didn't come to save dogs, Abraham did not promise any land to dogs, because they have no soul. Therefore they can't intentionally deflect the disc. So it's played where the dog (with no soul and no intentions) left it, which is near the pin.

krazyeye
Oct 25 2005, 01:04 AM
If I could I'd vote for the last one again.

Oct 25 2005, 07:21 AM
I did

Sharky
Oct 25 2005, 07:54 AM
A real no brainer.

underparmike
Oct 25 2005, 03:18 PM
so you're telling me that Fido won't be with me in Heaven? well, i'll just go straight to Hell then.

morgan
Oct 25 2005, 05:33 PM
heaven would be hell without a dog to retrieve the angels after I shoot them out of the sky with #2 shot in my 12 gauge

underparmike
Oct 26 2005, 11:51 AM
(laughs nervously) heh heh, yeah, okay, heh heh, i'll step out of the room now, keeping my back to the door and my eyes on the trigger...