pterodactyl
Oct 24 2005, 11:38 PM
We made a ruling on this at the last NorCal tourney. What do you think we ruled?

rhett
Oct 24 2005, 11:40 PM
DQ?

krazyeye
Oct 25 2005, 12:01 AM
That is where I carry my asprin why DQ?

ck34
Oct 25 2005, 12:48 AM
As long as the height of the two stacked together is no more than 3cm, it should be legal.

cbdiscpimp
Oct 25 2005, 10:09 AM
Why does it even matter what size your mini is as long as it not bigger then a disc (which you can choose to leave and throw from that???

I know personally I could care lee if someone laid an ultimate disc down to mark their lie. As long as they had part of their foot on the Line Of Play I dont think it matters how big the marker disc is.

ck34
Oct 25 2005, 10:27 AM
Rule 802.02 ... Mini marker discs must have a diameter between 7 and 15 cm and a height not exceeding 3 cm.

esalazar
Oct 25 2005, 12:36 PM
I used a cigarrette pack as a marker one round due to not having a mini in my bag!! sheesh , like it really matters!!

ck34
Oct 25 2005, 12:37 PM
Hard to smoke circular cigs... :D

esalazar
Oct 25 2005, 12:41 PM
Hard to smoke circular cigs... :D

never seen one that was'nt roundish!! :D

ck34
Oct 25 2005, 12:47 PM
Silly wabbit. I meant donut shaped...

slo
Oct 25 2005, 02:11 PM
It says "mini marker discs" must be used, not A marker, nor even one-at-a-time. :oNo rule about 'perceptable thickness' of adjuncts, either...that marker just might have a mini attached! :eek: :cool::DJust so it's within the size limitations, would be my call...did NorCal get it right? :p

Oct 25 2005, 04:41 PM
Silly wabbit. I meant donut shaped...

Is there a rule that says that a marker must be circular or "donut shaped"?

crotts
Oct 25 2005, 04:52 PM

i've never met a disc that wasn't round.

: ) :

ck34
Oct 25 2005, 04:56 PM

Since the rule uses the word "diameter," I'd say the marker disc must be circular.

pterodactyl
Oct 25 2005, 07:44 PM
It says "mini marker discs" must be used, not A marker, nor even one-at-a-time. :oNo rule about 'perceptable thickness' of adjuncts, either...that marker just might have a mini attached! :eek: :cool::DJust so it's within the size limitations, would be my call...did NorCal get it right? :p

ding ding ding We have a winner. That was our call. The rule says mini discs(plural) not "a disc". It's really poor wording if you ask me.

rhett
Oct 25 2005, 08:07 PM
I guess if you read the whole rule book you would've gone with my answer. It was a NorCal tourney, right? :)

slo
Oct 26 2005, 03:50 PM
whatdoIwinwhatdoIwinwhatdoIwin? :p :)

...let the scond-quessing begin! :D

pterodactyl
Oct 26 2005, 09:44 PM
2 mini marker discs stuck together!

aardball
Oct 28 2005, 04:34 PM
Thanks for the answer on this. My playing partner gives me grief about my two-mini sandwich. Now I can print this and hand it to him next time he starts his whining.

slo
Oct 28 2005, 06:01 PM

:p Is one the smaller, 'Gateway' mini?

rhett
Oct 31 2005, 05:05 PM

For big jobs, stuff a Shark inside a Condor. It fits! Not legal as a mini, but then again marking insn't the purpose of interlocking minis.

Nov 01 2005, 09:35 AM

For big jobs, stuff a Shark inside a Condor. It fits! Not legal as a mini, but then again marking insn't the purpose of interlocking minis.

In addition, speaking of big jobs,

You can take a whamo-86 softie putter and it snaps perfectly onto the lip of an innova dolphin.

You can even put your valuables in between the two and throw them as hard and far as you want, and they will not seperate!

pterodactyl
Nov 01 2005, 11:28 AM

In addition, speaking of big jobs,

You can take a whamo-86 softie putter and it snaps perfectly onto the lip of an innova dolphin.

You can even put your valuables in between the two and throw them as hard and far as you want, and they will not seperate!

And float!

rhett
Nov 01 2005, 01:11 PM
I think you can fit a rain jacket, wind pants, 3 minis, and lunch between a Shark and a Condor. :)

And yes they fit very tight.

slo
Nov 01 2005, 01:33 PM
Not everyone has Pancakes for lunch, however...or is your lunch 'liquid'? :o:D

quickdisc
Nov 01 2005, 04:58 PM
And Float ?

spartan
Nov 01 2005, 05:28 PM
We made a ruling on this at the last NorCal tourney. What do you think we ruled?

gheyest rule ever?

http://www.shipbrook.com/jeff/blog/images/comicbookguy.png

quickdisc
Nov 01 2005, 06:40 PM
Star Wars III is out today on DVD !!!!!!! :cool:

my_hero
Nov 01 2005, 08:33 PM
Rule 802.02 ... Mini marker discs must have a diameter between 7 and 15 cm and a height not exceeding 3 cm.

So what's the logic behind these measurements?

And, why is it so hard to say "toy boat" 10 times as fast as you can?

rhett
Nov 01 2005, 08:38 PM
And, why is it so hard to say "toy boat" 10 times as fast as you can?

Try "black bug's blood".

pterodactyl
Nov 01 2005, 08:43 PM
And Float ?

See "dolphin" reference above.

quickdisc
Nov 01 2005, 09:11 PM
Cool......................Which two Glow disc's work best together ? :cool:

johnrock
Nov 01 2005, 10:13 PM
40 mold and 100 mold. WHAM-O!!!

accidentalROLLER
Nov 02 2005, 12:12 AM
I think the better question is:
What does it matter what you mark your lie with? I could care less if someone carried around a garbage can to mark their lie with. Why does it have to be a round piece of plastic/metal/wood? Why can't we mark our lies with old commodore 64's or dead animals? Who cares?

Nov 02 2005, 01:02 AM
What does it matter what you mark your lie with? I could care less if someone carried around a garbage can to mark their lie with. Why does it have to be a round piece of plastic/metal/wood? Why can't we mark our lies with old commodore 64's or dead animals? Who cares?

I want to be in the group where the guy is marking his lie with a dead animal just so that I can say I was in a group where a guy marked his lie with a dead animal! :D

Nov 02 2005, 09:32 AM
" I want to be in the group where the guy is marking his lie with a dead animal just so that I can say I was in a group where a guy marked his lie with a dead animal! "

I want to be in your group where you saw the guy marking his lie with a dead animal just so that i can say I was in your group where you saw a guy marking his lie with a dead animal.

pterodactyl
Nov 02 2005, 11:21 AM

NOt sure. You need to ask one of the nocturnal dirt people!

rhett
Nov 02 2005, 01:57 PM

I think a Timex Sinclair would be a little easier to carry. :)

my_hero
Nov 02 2005, 02:17 PM
black bug's blood, black bug's blood, black bug's blood, black bug's blood, black bug's blood, black bug's blood, black bug's blood, black bug's blood, black bug's blood, black bug's blood.

Easy to type...IMPOSSIBLE to say! :D

slo
Nov 02 2005, 02:21 PM
Black Blug's Blug. No sweat. :D

rhett
Nov 02 2005, 02:22 PM
Black Blug's Blug. No sweat. :D

Exactly! That's what I usually say within two, even when going slow!

quickdisc
Nov 02 2005, 06:09 PM

NOt sure. You need to ask one of the nocturnal dirt people!

Nocturnal Dirt People at the course here , can't even get their s in the trash can !!!!!! :eek:

But , I agree..............It is better to be CLEAN than DIRTY !!!!!!! /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Parkntwoputt
Nov 05 2005, 08:58 PM
I have seen a guy use a BMW hood ornament as a mini.

It was freakin sweet!

crotts
Nov 06 2005, 08:52 AM
unless your the guy whose bmw he stole it off of.

i work for a computer repair company so i like to break apart just machines and harddrives. a plater from a hard drive makes a kick @ss mini.

: ) :