Wammy
Sep 09 2005, 12:53 PM
Barb Paske has been trying hard to get more woman involved in disc golf in the OKC area and she has organized a womans night at Dolese Park (NW 50th) at 6:30pm. Being fairly new to the area, I was excited to meet the 10+ women that planned on attending, sadly only 2 showed up, 3 including Barb.
COME ON WOMEN!!! THURSDAY NIGHT 6:30 PM DOLESE

PS- Thanks Barb for a great lesson! I am anxious to work on what I learned just from last night!!!!

Sep 09 2005, 01:06 PM
Is it Thursday the 15th?
Barb, sounds like someone I need to meet. I am just returning to playing disc golf after a 18 year hiatus (yes, that makes me a Master Goddess..). The youngest child (a daughter) is now able to play. Her friends are showing a lot of interest too. We've had fun throwing distance after soccer practice. I do need some help giving the pointers though.... I'm sure there have been some improvements on techniques in the last 18 years.

Pablo
Sep 09 2005, 02:14 PM
Barb is a great person from whom to learn. I'm glad she's getting the women together for these clinics, and hope she's successful in growing the women's side of the sport. Once my daughter's old enough (9 months) maybe I'll finally be able to convince my wife to get out to one of these training sessions. Props to Barb for making it happen.

m_conners
Sep 09 2005, 02:25 PM
Barb is a cool gal...keep up the good work Barbarilla!!

Wammy
Sep 09 2005, 03:13 PM
Yes, the 15th is the next time we are getting together.

:D

Sep 09 2005, 05:00 PM
Maybe I can make it, if left Tulsa right after work, any idea how long it is from Tulsa to Dolese Park?
It is soccer night, but I might be able to miss one night. I know throwing discs is where I'd rather be....

Wammy
Sep 09 2005, 05:06 PM
Wow! You want to drive all the way from Tulsa? It's about an hour and a half I think.
If she drives all the way from Tulsa, then I think some Norman ladies could make it then, right? :)
We also talked last night about trying to do something at least once or twice a month on a Saturday when the time change comes into effect and we can't play at night anymore. Any feedback on that?

m_conners
Sep 09 2005, 05:08 PM
Maybe I can make it, if left Tulsa right after work, any idea how long it is from Tulsa to Dolese Park?
It is soccer night, but I might be able to miss one night. I know throwing discs is where I'd rather be....

In case you didn't know...There are a couple females in Tulsa that play:

Melissa Stacey and Jessica Westfall

Sep 09 2005, 05:32 PM
I don't mind the drive- - quite time is rare and I'll even take it driving..
It's funny, I can actually have more fun the further I am away from the house- no one expects me to stop what I'm doing and run right home...
But I would love to meet other women in Tulsa that play.I used to play with famous Ann King and Lavonne Stewart. Leslie and Stephanaie Taylor got me out to play in the Ice Bowl in Jan. I lasted 1 round - then 'duty' called... literally...

But I guess that doesn't have anything to do with the ladies in OKC area. I may see you on Thursday, its a slim chance. ;)

Melissa
Sep 09 2005, 06:52 PM
I AM SOOOOOO EXCITED TO HEAR THAT THERE IS ANOTHER WOMAN IN TULSA TO PLAY WITH!!! I haven't heard from Jessica or Amy since the Glide...I think they fell off the face of the earth...at least they're not golfin' much any more.

Anyway, my name (as Conners has already introduced me) is Melissa Stacye. I usually show up to mini's and play by myself. I'd love for you to come out and play with me...bring your daughter(s) too. By the way, I am 25 and started playing about a year ago.

After talking to Barb and Ashley at the Twisted Flyer Tourney, I am actually going to try to get somewhat of a "Ladies League/Night" as well. I figure if women come out and play with each other, they might be more inclined to play. So GUYS and gals, spread the word to your girlfriends/wives/sisters/moms/etc. Let me know if anyone talks to women that would be interested in getting together one night a week at Chandler or Riverside.

It would be cool to have more than one "scenery card"! Some of you might understand what I mean!!! ;)

Sep 09 2005, 11:34 PM
Wammy, Thanks for posting this on the board. I know that there are a lot of womenn disc golfers in the OKC area.

So come on ladies, come out and join us. See you on Thursday, 6:30 at Dolese Park. See you on the course.

And for you guys out there that might be reading this in the OKC area, be sure to pass the word along.

Wammy, I'll be anxious to see how much you improve by next week. Each week you will get better and better.

Sep 12 2005, 12:37 AM
Melissa, we need to meet.
I'm usualy only available to play on weekends unless I pull a coup and get away, like Thursday.....

Heath
Sep 12 2005, 01:37 AM
Thank you Ladies from the Twisted Flyer at Riverside #2. Playing with you, Ashley, Lisa and talking with Barb has gotten my wife(Stacey) to finally catch the bug. She talked about finally joining the PDGA and maybe even skipping an annual Ultimate Tournament to play disc golf. Thank you and hopefully she will be on-line and on the course soon.

Thanks, Heath

Wammy
Sep 12 2005, 11:58 AM
I'm happy to hear the interest is up! YEAH!
Any guys that know women who play, even casual, get the word out please!
I've met a few ladies that have shown interest, but shame on me for not getting contact info. Sorry Erin! Hope you can come out this week. (Dean- if you check out this post, please get her the message --thanks!!!!)~ Tammy-Wammy :D

Wammy
Sep 12 2005, 12:07 PM
Barb- played Will Rogers Sat and my drives were a lot better! My hubby noticed a big difference. Hopefully I'll be able to practice some more before Thursday.

Sep 12 2005, 12:31 PM
Heath, It was a pleasure meeting you and Stacey.

Maybe we will see you both at the Horeshoe Canyon event in October. Terrill and I will be there along with 2 other couples from Texas.

Keep playing Stacey, it all gets better the more you play.

Heath
Sep 14 2005, 09:55 AM
She's official now. Signed up with the PDGA last night. Yee-HA! Now if we could only find babysitters for all the golf tournaments. DG needs a mobile daycare for tournaments. Well there you have it- my million$ idea to improve the game- A mobile day care.

Heath
Sep 14 2005, 09:59 AM
Barb,

Maybe we will see you both at the Horeshoe Canyon event in October. Terrill and I will be there along with 2 other couples from Texas.

You definitely will see us at Horseshoe. Ya'll (that's country talk) are in for a disc golf treat of a lifetime. You might want to go ahead a make your next reservation for the Canyon, before you even see it. Trust us on this.

Melissa
Sep 14 2005, 10:34 AM
Congrats, Stacy. I just signed up a couple weeks ago too!

Sep 14 2005, 11:38 AM
Heath,
We have already reserved our cabin. We will see you there. :)

Sep 14 2005, 12:35 PM
I will be there too. I have been challenged. My disc golf friend (male) seems too think the course is too tough for me.Even the short one. Not the length of the holes but the terrain of the course. Truth is , I'll probably hurt myself. I'm not the picture of grace anyway...
We're going down a day early to enjoy the place...
I'll meet you ladies there for sure.

Wammy
Sep 14 2005, 01:01 PM
What is all this talk about Horseshoe? I can't find any info on it. When and where?
Barb- are you still planning the camping trip for next weekend in Ardmore?

Sep 14 2005, 02:56 PM
Wammy, check out the Tulsa Disc Golf Association page- there is a post just for Horseshoe Canyon.

Sep 14 2005, 03:26 PM
Tammy, Yes there will be Paske Partners Mixed Doubles event at Ardmore next weekend, September 23 & 24th, with camping at Lake Muarray. Information is available on our website.

As far as Horsehoe Canyon, it's under the Tulsa discussion board. We can talk more about this on Thursday (if we don't get rained out).

Sep 14 2005, 03:28 PM
Debbie,
We will arrive at Horseshoe on early Friday afternoon. See you then for sure if not before.

Heath
Sep 15 2005, 01:30 AM
DiscGoddess-- Don't worry about the terrain, it is rough, but Stacey played the Ice Bowl at 6-7 months pregnant, with 6 inches of snow and ice on the canyon floor and hills without any major injuries /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif. What an awesome Ice Bowl that was. Looking forward to everyone finally getting to experience our little secret hole in the woods.

twoputtok
Sep 15 2005, 11:03 AM
Barb, please keep in mind that they are from Ark and she delivered in a log cabin with no electricity and still had time to chop wood and get dinner ready that evening. :D

Sep 15 2005, 01:14 PM
that was the inspiration I needed and I also I figured if an old man can do it, so can I.
:eek:

Barb, what is the weather suppose to be like this evening for your women's outing?

Sep 15 2005, 05:45 PM
You tell that Wise ??? about the OLD man. :D He does know how to inspire someone doesn't he.

The weather, well who knows for sure, right now it is sunny and a beautiful 72 degrees. I don't believe we are supposed to get any more rain.

twoputtok
Sep 15 2005, 06:03 PM
For some, I'm their inspiration................................. :o

for others, I'm their cooler. :mad:

Either way I'll keep it interesting. :D

Heath
Sep 16 2005, 12:00 AM
Barb, please keep in mind that they are from Ark and she delivered in a log cabin with no electricity and still had time to chop wood and get dinner ready that evening. :D

Dinner ready :D Now that sheitz funny. Dinner-ha! Your killing me, or rather Stacey is when she finds out I made fun of her cooking dinner.

Cover My Rear section---- She is a great cook and a wonderful Mom. (Brownie points in case she finds this thread /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Melissa
Sep 16 2005, 01:49 AM
She will find this thread, if I have anything to do with it!!!

Sep 16 2005, 10:04 AM
She will find out about this thread. Us Women will take care of it. :D

twoputtok
Sep 16 2005, 11:06 AM

Dinner ready :D Now that sheitz funny. Dinner-ha! Your killing me, or rather Stacey is when she finds out I made fun of her cooking dinner.

Cover My Rear section---- She is a great cook and a wonderful Mom. (Brownie points in case she finds this thread /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

and after dinner Stacey asks why is the dog licking his butt?
Heath tells her, I think he trying to get the taste out of his mouth. :D

Sep 21 2005, 10:52 AM
OKC Ladies we are meeting at Dolese on Thursday at 6PM. Hope to see some more of you out there.

Sep 27 2005, 10:52 AM
We are meeting once again this week at Dolese, 6PM, Thursday, September 29th. See you there.

Oct 03 2005, 10:17 PM
Attn Ladies, There will be NO lesson/league this Thursday, October 6th.

Lesson/League night will resume next Thursday, October 13th at 6PM. See you there.

Melissa
Nov 21 2005, 03:28 PM
I would just like to say Congratulations Barb on hitting your first ace! Was it a paid ace or during a casual round?

Nov 21 2005, 05:34 PM
Thanks Melissa. It's about time I finally got one to stick.It was during a casual round of mixed doubles, but I was still paid by each of the couples in attendance. That disc is now retired.

slackglass
Nov 22 2005, 12:11 PM
nice job was it the peach orc that you could notfind in the ocean at the friz
wow an ace good job
jay

Pablo
Nov 22 2005, 12:29 PM
Congratulations Barb!!!

letho
Nov 22 2005, 12:44 PM
Way to go Barb!

That is more then Slack's got. :eek:

Congrats!! :D

twoputtok
Nov 22 2005, 01:26 PM
yea, Slacks got no ace! :D

slackglass
Nov 22 2005, 01:53 PM
i know i know
never an ace
but some day

nice shot barb
jay

twoputtok
Nov 22 2005, 02:16 PM
I wasn't talking about golf. ;)

Nov 22 2005, 04:58 PM
No it was a Soft Magnet that I aced with. And that Peach Orc that was in the Ocean at the Friz was a Peach Sidewinder.