idahojon
Sep 08 2005, 01:25 AM
The PGA Tour's fine system

What are the no-nos on the PGA Tour, and what happens when a player violates one of them? The following details are from the "PGA Tour Player Handbook and Tournament Regulations" for 2004:

VIOLATIONS

Any player who violates the provisions of this paragraph shall be subject to a suspension from tournament play for a minimum period of two years. A player should not do any of the following:

1. Fail to give his best efforts in competition.

2. Gamble or play cards on the premises where a PGA Tour cosponsored or coordinated tournament is being played.

3. Associate with or have dealings with persons whose activities, including gambling, might reflect adversely upon the integrity of the game of golf.

4. Bet money or anything of value on a golf tournament or similar event, whether or not the player is in such competition.

5. Offer or give a bribe, gift, payment, reward or anything of value to any player with the intention of influencing his efforts in a competition.

6. Solicit, agree to accept or accept a bribe, gift, payment, reward or anything of value offered or given with the intention of influencing the player's efforts in a competition.

7. Fail to report promptly to the commissioner any known or suspected offer, bribe, gift, payment, reward or anything of value or any agreement or acceptance of bet described in the foregoing.

APPEARANCE/CONDUCT

While on the host facility property during official practice and tournament round days:

1) Players shall present a neat appearance in both clothing and personal grooming. Blue jeans, shorts or T-shirts shall not be worn.

2) Caddies may wear either long pants or tailored knee-length shorts. Blue jeans, cutoffs, T-shirts or tank tops shall not be worn. Smooth rubber sole shoes are required. Golf shoes with metal or soft spikes are prohibited.

3) Players must attempt to be competitive and must conduct themselves in a professional manner.

4) Consumption of alcoholic beverages on the competition course or designated practice areas by players or caddies is conduct unbecoming a professional. Players or caddies found to be using or selling illegal substances or using alcohol in an abusive manner shall be considered to have engaged in conduct unbecoming a professional.

5) Players must accept responsibility for the conduct of his caddie. A caddie who conducts himself in an unbecoming manner could result in the removal of the player from the competition.

PGA TOUR reserves the right to remove a player from the competition for non-competitiveness or unbecoming conduct.

PENALTIES

Penalties for "conduct unbecoming a professional," which includes profanity:

1. Minor penalties. A minor penalty is a fine of not more than $2,500.

2. Intermediate penalties. An intermediate penalty is a fine between $2,501 and $5,000 and/or suspension from play for not more than three tournaments including the tournament then in progress or scheduled for the calendar week in which the alleged violation occurred.

3. Major penalties. A major penalty is a fine in excess of $5,000, suspension from tournament play for more than three tournaments and/or permanent disbarment from play in PGA Tour cosponsored or coordinated events. A major penalty may be imposed only by the commissioner except as otherwise specified in these regulations.

mattdisc
Sep 08 2005, 10:04 AM
While that is interesting, how does this apply to our game? Maybe just take off 2 or 3 zeros on the fines. :cool:

Sep 09 2005, 10:39 AM
"1. Fail to give his best efforts in competition."

SO climo SHouldn't have won the Skylands Classic because HE didn't give it his all during the final at worlds?????

Weird Rules :)
and the Dress code and fine amounts are stupid too..

-Scott Lewis

Sharky
Sep 09 2005, 11:00 AM
Well I agree talk about uptight, I thought Idaho would be a cool place but I don't know now considering the verbage I read from Idaho Jon Lighten up please /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I watched Ken during the finals and I would hardly say he gave up. What I noticed was that after he missed a putt perhaps midway during the final 9 he started walking up to his disc and just chucking it really quickly. The thing is he was still nailing his shots.....

idahojon
Sep 09 2005, 12:11 PM
Well I agree talk about uptight, I thought Idaho would be a cool place but I don't know now considering the verbage I read from Idaho Jon Lighten up please /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

1. Idaho IS a cool place.
2. It's not MY verbiage. It's the PGA Tour's.
3. I posted it to show that we (the PDGA) AREN'T as uptight as some would make us out to be, as compared to traditional golf.

:p

Sharky
Sep 09 2005, 12:16 PM
OK, thanks for the clarification, I was a little snappish in my reply :o, and it was interesting in a horrific sort of way :eek:

Game on :D

Sep 15 2005, 11:43 PM
How closely is the no t-shirt rule enforced?
Also, is there any rule about drugs and alchohol?
The local players are getting carried away with drugs. The community refers to them as the Pot-smokers. (I believe it's a play on their club name)

It makes players that are professionals tend to shy away from them.

Sep 16 2005, 12:46 PM
uhh, hank:

reading is the key to understanding. why don't you check out rule 4 under "appearance/conduct."

dischick
Sep 17 2005, 01:45 AM
How closely is the no t-shirt rule enforced?

i am sure that if these rules are broken you will read about it here...

quickdisc
Sep 21 2005, 10:36 PM
Hey , would you all like to play in a Cool tournament in San Diego , this weekend ? With Golf Carts ?

This is for those who may have missed the announcement.

Because of Donny Olow , there WILL be a Farewell Tournament at Mission Trails in San Diego on Sunday the 25th. This was not going to happen..................I was fortunate to have Reese , with his unreal , wicked schedule, to provide us ONE more opportunity , to play on this Very Cool course.................with Carts !!!!!!!!

Talked to Reese today , and we need a MINIMUM of 20 players to pull this off.

Reese stated to me , we can do this as early as we want.

6:30 early enough ? Please contact Reese at 714-235-0100 for more Exact Tee times.

Do not call mission trails.............CALL REESE DIRECTLY......................PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!

Cost : $ 40.00 covers Everything , including Cart !!!!!!!!!

For Regular play , $30.00 , no betting , but Cart still !!!!!!!

This will be a Great send off to the Worlds Longest Disc Golf course. San Diego will no longer have this length of Disc Golf Course on such a terrific layout !!!!!!!

You have got to make it out..........................Once it's gone.............It's gone !!!!!!!!

It hurts for me to see , such a beautiful course , go away.

Help make History and play this Last Mission Trails Tournament !!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance,

Donny Olow

:D

pterodactyl
Sep 22 2005, 01:32 AM
That's the first I've heard of losing the course. Tough break. At least I got to play it once.