Aug 30 2005, 02:19 PM
I recently purchased a Z-Comet to compliment my X-Comet, and was wondering how the 2 Ron Russell Comets flew in comparison (the white one, which looks like X plastic, and the sparkle blue one, which was Z). Thanks.

S_Wells
Aug 30 2005, 03:06 PM
My experience is all Comets fly the same. Only the durability changes with the plastics.

Aug 30 2005, 04:03 PM
Are the Ron Russell white Comets made of different plastic than the blue ones (which I know are the sparkle Z plastic, one of my freinds owns one).

Aug 30 2005, 04:12 PM
I love my Z. It replaced four discs out of my bag including the Rock. :o

cbdiscpimp
Aug 30 2005, 04:17 PM
I love my Z. It replaced four discs out of my bag including the Rock. :o

I would hope you take rocks out of your bag. They are so darn heavy and can scratch your discs if they are in the bottow of the bag :mad:

Now if you were talking about the Roc then you made a great decision to take that out as well

Aug 30 2005, 04:33 PM
Do you really want to correct my spelling? ;)

I do love the comet. It always blows my mind when it just keeps on going.

Aug 30 2005, 06:35 PM
Bottow? :D

jeffash
Sep 01 2005, 04:18 PM
Are the Ron Russell white Comets made of different plastic than the blue ones (which I know are the sparkle Z plastic, one of my freinds owns one).

I think the white ones must be from the Signature Series line. Different plastic from the blue sparkle Z plastic- but it's still good plastic. It dyes really well...

rhett
Sep 01 2005, 04:21 PM
Comets, like many things in life, are best when you get pink.

Sep 01 2005, 04:47 PM
Comets, like many things in life, are best when you get pink.

<font color="pink"> PINK!!!!!! </font> Rhett is now my hero....

Sep 02 2005, 01:38 AM
That I cannot argue with. I have an X-Out DX Roc in a darker pink color that was the greatest. But, I probably can't find any in pink, can I?

Sep 02 2005, 01:39 AM

I think the white ones must be from the Signature Series line. Different plastic from the blue sparkle Z plastic- but it's still good plastic. It dyes really well...

Is the signature plastic similar to the current X stuff, or more like the D plastic? Oh, and you don't know where to get any of those great sparkle Comets besides stealing Kelly's?

jeffash
Sep 02 2005, 11:20 AM
Is the signature plastic similar to the current X stuff, or more like the D plastic? Oh, and you don't know where to get any of those great sparkle Comets besides stealing Kelly's?

It's more similar to the X-plastic.
You can now purchase Z-Comets form your favorite retailer.
They are identical to the Ron Russell Z-Comets. Close enough for me anyway.

Rhett,
You have always been my hero :D

jeffash
Sep 02 2005, 11:21 AM
Oh, and you don't know where to get any of those great sparkle Comets besides stealing Kelly's?

You don't have to steal. He just leaves them laying around. :D

Boneman
Sep 02 2005, 11:57 AM
I think Sun King still has a couple. (http://www.sunkingdiscs.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=S&Category_Code=3400)

Sep 02 2005, 12:41 PM
Only in light weights. I've got three of the Z Comets, and love them. I just really like the way those blue sparkle look. Got 2 of those powder comets from the disc close-out, and can't wait to see how those fly.

dannyreeves
Sep 02 2005, 12:49 PM
$35 for a Z-Comet? That is insane!

my_hero
Sep 02 2005, 12:52 PM
What about the new run of Z-Comets. They emailed me a month ago asking for pre-orders. Anyone thrown this years run?

dannyreeves
Sep 02 2005, 12:57 PM
I have 3 on the way. Should be here any day now.

jeffash
Sep 02 2005, 03:24 PM
What about the new run of Z-Comets. They emailed me a month ago asking for pre-orders. Anyone thrown this years run?

I purchased some at Mid-Nationals. Pretty much identical to the RR Z-Comets. Nice Orange/red color

Sep 02 2005, 04:01 PM
I have one of the new ones in Yellow, and will be receiving 2 more next week. Great discs, and have managed to get my older dx rocs out of my bag.