Aug 29 2005, 02:17 AM
I am giving my buzz another chance. I had several birdies with it today. I have to be careful not to turn it over though.

Is it me or does it seem to gain altitude? I think my main complaint would be that it is not good for windy conditions. Having said that I ordered a 176 one from Sun Kings (the one I have is 172). Also, have a demon coming.

dm4
Aug 29 2005, 10:16 AM
Keep trying! :)

circle_2
Aug 29 2005, 11:48 AM
A Buzzz is a Demon on Thorazine. /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Aug 29 2005, 12:32 PM
I throw a 178g buzz and have no problems with turning it over. No matter how hard I throw it, this disc produces a dead straight laser of a shot. I got an ace with it last week too.

circle_2
Aug 29 2005, 12:36 PM
OL, at what altitude do you play?

Aug 29 2005, 12:45 PM
Excellent disc. It does whatever I tell it.

Aug 29 2005, 12:56 PM
I have a CryZtal Buzzz that is pretty well concave from the stamp on it. It is like a normal Buzz except it is pretty well as overstable as my Z Wasp...I am not sure if others have had similar CryZtal Buzzz experiences as the one I won this past weekend is much more domey than the one in my bag.

Aug 29 2005, 01:17 PM
MY cryztal buzzz is pretty flat and pretty overstable as well. It's pink, I have never had a chance to compare it to any other colors.

Aug 29 2005, 01:19 PM
My pink and purple ones are the concave ones. The newest one is green and just regular flat, not domey, not concave...

Aug 29 2005, 02:30 PM
When we had all different colors for our 05 club discs, i found that
pink-least stable of all
blue-straight
light green-overstable
dark green-way overstable, comparable to a Z-wasp

Of course they all had the A3 stamp, so if you have a different stamp, there's a good chance they fly different

Aug 29 2005, 03:35 PM
My z buzz is a fly dye which I guess means it was clear at one time? Also, it is not domey at all, completely straight. It's like no disc I have ever seen, a hybrid between a driver and a midrange/putter.

Also, I am well aware that it may be a form issue. It is relatively new, so it has not lost stability that way. I know I hang it on a finger at times: I'm not talking about those. I'm talking about when (I think at least) that I have a decent shot and it goes off on me.

I threw a very straight shot through a low ceiling, and I actually watched it gain altitude. I didn't really pay attention to tail wind or anything like that.

I'm forcing myself to throw it on holes where I would normally throw a driver.

Incidentally, does the wasp act like a buzz with a bit of fade? or is it really overstable compared to the buzz?

Aug 29 2005, 03:48 PM
OL, at what altitude do you play?

About 5300 ft.

dannyreeves
Aug 29 2005, 04:19 PM
I have a really domey Z-Buzz that I got at Play it again Sports. It is very overstable.

Seems like you just gotta find a run you like and get 10 of them.

slowmo_1
Aug 29 2005, 07:58 PM
I have 1 (only one left) red first run max weight buzz that I love. Flat, fast, and just a bit more overstable than the later runs that I have. I would love to get a few more just like it!

Aug 30 2005, 01:38 AM
I have 1 First Run Z-buzzz that i've had since they came out and It is my Favorite Disc to throw. It started out flat and is not starting to fall down in the middle.. IT is slightly understable now, but I like to throw it with a touch of hyzer so it usualy ends up goign straight.

THe 1st run Buzzz's Were the best disc ever made. all the other runs Just don't feel the same

I also have a:
Later Run FLAT TOP Z-buzzz
and a Cryztal Z-buzzz Light green.

The Cryztal is way more stable than the 1st run and it is my Hyzer midrange.
The Flat Top was Pretty close to my 1st run and would consider buying more Flat tops if i can find them. Unfortunately i lost this one at warwick so i might have to get more.

If you can get your hands on a 1st Run Buzzz I'd highly Recommend it.. A very well made disc and the only run that says "WASP" on the rim :)

-Scott Lewis

Aug 30 2005, 02:16 PM
That's what's confusing about Discraft products: the fact that different ones do different things. I wonder if I got a run that was stable to understable.

I'll find out when I get the other I ordered. I know mine is extremely flat, looks like a driver.

Aug 30 2005, 02:30 PM
I've had that same problem with Innova. I haven't thrown enough Gateway or Lightning, but would assume the same problem exists with every company. I believe there was a post by David McCormack of Gateway supporting this fact because of every run is a slightly different plastic, and there's just no way to get around that.

Aug 30 2005, 03:41 PM
I don't throw enough Innova products to agree or disagree with you. But you are right about the reason for it. It is hard to simulate previous runs.

Some differences are to be expected, but things like shape? I'm curious if my new buzz will be domey or flat.

Does anyone know what it was supposed to be? I believe I was told it is supposed to be flat.

What does the wasp look like?

junnila
Aug 30 2005, 03:47 PM

A Roc

Aug 30 2005, 04:19 PM

A Roc

The Wasp is the reason that I have never tried a buzz. It is my go to approach disc so much that I rarely throw others. It is fast, flat topped, beaded, stable enough to handle a drive without flipping, reliable, dependable and in Z plastic ... permanent.

oh yeah, it does look like a roc too. :cool:

cbdiscpimp
Aug 30 2005, 04:26 PM
The Wasp is the reason that I have never tried a buzz. It is my go to approach disc so much that I rarely throw others. It is fast, flat topped, beaded, stable enough to handle a drive without flipping, reliable, dependable and in Z plastic ... permanent.

oh yeah, it does look like a roc too.

What do you use when you need to throw an anhyzer approach shot???

Aug 30 2005, 06:12 PM
Drop the buzz and the wasp and go with a comet!!! :D

cbdiscpimp
Aug 30 2005, 06:15 PM

I cant throw a Comet to save my life :mad:

Aug 30 2005, 06:17 PM
Tone down your throw and think gracefull. Wow, I thought the sidewinder had glide. This thing just goes and goes and goes.

my_hero
Aug 30 2005, 06:18 PM

I cant throw a Comet to save my life :mad:

It's not meant to be thrown 80mph. :)

Boneman
Aug 30 2005, 06:19 PM
Buzzz :D

Aug 30 2005, 06:20 PM
There is a thread below for comet discussion.

This is the Buzz thread.

my_hero
Aug 30 2005, 06:21 PM
The Buzzz is for the player that doesn't have time to beat up a Wasp. The Comet is for the player that doesn't have time to beat up a Buzzz. Of course, really good players that don't hit trees will never beat up a disc, so that's another reason for the differences in molds. :p

Aug 30 2005, 06:24 PM
:D

dannyreeves
Aug 30 2005, 06:26 PM
John, you need a Comet. I have been trying to convert you for years.

my_hero
Aug 30 2005, 06:28 PM
I have a Holiday, and a Swirl. I guess there is small gap there, but another mold in the bag? :confused:

Boneman
Aug 30 2005, 06:31 PM
Of course, if you are into beating up discs ... go with a Roc, they don't fly right unless you beat them ... right? ;)

my_hero
Aug 30 2005, 06:33 PM
We don't know what Rocs are on this thead. :D

Aug 30 2005, 06:34 PM
We dont hit object either. We aim. We produce. :D

dannyreeves
Aug 30 2005, 06:44 PM
I have a Holiday, and a Swirl. I guess there is small gap there, but another mold in the bag? :confused:

I am just messing with ya. You are a good player and definetly know what your discs do.

But, I have an X-Buzz (same as your Holiday) and a Swirl. I couldn't do without my Vomit! :D

Aug 30 2005, 06:51 PM
Yes, it is true. If you vomited all the time you would die of dehydration and starvation.

Comets rule. The only complaint is I had to change my throw to produce with it. Now its hurtining my distance on the big driver with other discs. Mainly drivers. Changing form=bad.

dannyreeves
Aug 30 2005, 06:53 PM
That is weird. I throw Comets, Wasps Buzzes, Challengers and all drivers the same way.

Aug 30 2005, 08:38 PM

oh yeah, it does look like a roc too.

What do you use when you need to throw an anhyzer approach shot???

I like the way the wasp anhyzers, it always fights to come back... even if you don't want it to.

I've been using a trifecta of approach discs. Fade is the Wasp. Stable is the Millennium Sentinal MF, and turnover is the Innova Cobra. All three discs are very similar beaded rims, so they feel the same in the hand but provide over stable, straight and under stable mid ranges with good control.

The wasp is the longest of the three discs, and I will pull it out instead of a driver on short holes, or where control is more important than distance. I have better placement ability with this disc than any other I've thrown.

Aug 30 2005, 11:42 PM
I don't see how a Sentinel COuld possibly Feel anything like a wasp?? A Sentinel is quite a shallow rimmed Disc and feels more like an ELement or stratus than anything else i've thrown. I like the Sentinel, but prefer Buzzz's..

Also to the other guy..... THe Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz is supposed to be Flat topped.. IT is a modified Wasp.. THey basically Completely Flattened the Top and Shaved off tghe Bead underneath.. The original Buzzz said "WASP" on the inside of the Rim because they used the Wasp Mold...

-Scott Lewis

Millz.. Give me some Flat top BUzzz's and you can have my 1st run :)

Frontman311
Aug 31 2005, 12:05 AM
Buzz was the first midrange I could throw 300'. I have two Z Buzzes (170 and 167) and they are my favorites discs, one is customed stamp and I actually like it slightly less. I doubt it really flies differently but it does like to play mind games with me. I love how I can throw them low too, it helps getting around 10' so I can throw them in woods too. Only shot I haven't thrown is a hyzer flip yet, but I'll have to try that next time, don't know why I haven't.

Was the Buzz made for Elite X? And how are the Pro-D ones? Only thrown one Pro-D and it was super beat up. Never throw Elite X, don't like the feel of those too much, the way they come new at least.

Aug 31 2005, 12:10 AM
So how does a Breeze fit in with these mids?

sandalman
Aug 31 2005, 12:14 AM
the Breeze is understable compared to the Glide... so it is almost putter like compared to a buzzz. the breeze is a mid that flies like a putter but feels like a mid

dannyreeves
Aug 31 2005, 12:16 AM
Breeze is similar to a Classic Roc or an XD.

Aug 31 2005, 01:43 AM
Frontman
The Buzzz was originally Releases in Z plastic... and the first RUn Buzzz was Very flat and unlike most all the other Buzzz's made now... I think the HOliday xbuzzz came next and then the PRo D.. I heard the D buzzz is money though.. I might have to get my hands on one :).

-Scott Lewis

Aug 31 2005, 01:46 AM
The comet is great as long as there is no wind!!

paerley
Aug 31 2005, 01:47 AM
the Breeze is understable compared to the Glide... so it is almost putter like compared to a buzzz. the breeze is a mid that flies like a putter but feels like a mid

Yeah, I loved my breeze at first, but lately, if it's somewhere I need to turn right and it's too short for a glide, I'm throwing my medium wizard. It flexes out more predictably and I found that moving air plays hell on the breeze. It might be coming out of the bag soon to make room for a demon or another wasp (in Z, the one I'm throwing now is D).

Aug 31 2005, 02:13 AM
I don't see how a Sentinel COuld possibly Feel anything like a wasp?? A Sentinel is quite a shallow rimmed Disc ...

I just measured, and there is "almost a millimeter" difference in the depth at the rim, with the wasp being deeper than either the cobra or the sentinal... however, the distance from rim to edge is the same, the bead size is the same, same beak shape to the nose, they are all 25.7 cm discs (well, cobra is 25.5.. 2mm different), 178g weight, and feel the same in MY hand. (YMMV ... but check again.)

But one flies a hyzer, the next flips flat, and the last turns over easy.

We now return to your regularly scheduled thread....

Parkntwoputt
Aug 31 2005, 10:11 AM
The Pro D Buzzz is the shiz. I only throw it in the rain, and in fact it gave me my only ace run at the Bowling Green Am's (#18 @ Hobson Grove) 280ft anhyzer hole, 25-30mph wind right to left, pouring rain and I set it softly beside the basket. On #2 at the same park, took the D-Wasp, then the D-Buzzz and got a drop in 3 on the hole, best of the group on this rather difficult 500ft hole. Very close to a par 4 IMO.

I mainly throw the Z-Buzzz, but I will never let go of my D-Buzzz's. Brand new they are just as stable as the flat top Z-Buzzz'z.

Aug 31 2005, 03:27 PM
What is a good weight for the Elite-Z Buzzz?

dannyreeves
Aug 31 2005, 04:10 PM

cbdiscpimp
Aug 31 2005, 04:24 PM
I throw a 178 1st Run and a 174 1st Run. The one 174 is a nice slow turnover disc that doesnt flip. It just take a nice slow turn when thrown flat and hard :D