neonnoodle
Aug 28 2005, 10:38 AM

warwickdan
Aug 29 2005, 09:26 AM
Nick.....What would you like to tell me???

Are you not a fan of mutliple layouts? I think i remember from past discussions you'd prefer to play only Blue-Blue or maybe Silver-Blue at Warwick.

For those reading this thread that don't know Warwick, we have 2 tees and 2 baskets on all 18 holes, thereby giving us 4 permanent layouts. We've therefore got lots of flexibility when we hold events as to which ones we will use.

Historically when we hold 2 day / 4-round events we play 1 round on each of the 4 layouts. For our NT event 2 weekends ago (Skylands Classic at Warwick) that is what we did.

The theory has been that because the layouts vary quite a bit from one another, playing 1 round on each of the 4 layouts is a better all-around indicator of the best player. I would suspect any given player has a layout that better suits his/her game and this evens it out. It also requires more of the mental game when having to adapt to a different layout each round because you don't have the luxury of getting into a groove.

Having said this however, I know we'll be reviewing our event in anticipation of hopefully doing it again in 2006. We will discuss the format and are open to making adjustments. I know I personally have a problem with including the Silver-Silver layout in an NT event, given that 14 players shot 45 or better on that layout. It's a fine layout for the Animalfest or other events, but I would prefer to see that layout dropped in exchange for another Blue-Blue or Silver-Blue.

I'd be curious to hear other comments from those that attended.

Dan Doyle
TD, Skylands Classic at Warwick

neonnoodle
Aug 29 2005, 09:41 AM
Nothing I didn't tell you directly Dan. I just wanted to get a general read for what the limited demographic that visits this message board prefers. You know my preference, but I didn't want to say too much because I wanted to hear other folks thoughts on it before "bullying" them around. ;)

sandalman
Aug 29 2005, 09:44 AM
how come you want to wait til Sept 5 to start the bullying? :eek:

neonnoodle
Aug 29 2005, 09:55 AM
how come you want to wait til Sept 5 to start the bullying? :eek:

I started another thread to get started right away.

Glad to know you are intimidated by me though Pat. Just how I like you, runnin' scared. /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

slo
Aug 29 2005, 02:56 PM
Speaking of 'limited demographics', i just finished reading the 2005 PDGA Election results; but 21.6% even bothered to voice an opinion! :eek: