Birdie
Aug 27 2005, 05:29 PM
Recently, in one of my practice sessions at my local football field, I discovered that I can throw a big-sky anhyzer roller about 500'. Thats all good. My problem is, every time I throw a normal anhyzer during a round now, it gets up on edge and rolls. This has made me kinda timid in throwing anhyzer shots now, cause I dont want a freakin roller on a 300' hole. Any suggestions?

Aug 27 2005, 05:58 PM
More air will allow the disc to hopefully swing under and land flatter. My anhyzer relies heavily on enough air for the disc to do some of the work for me.

friysch
Aug 27 2005, 06:12 PM
Throw a slower driver like a Teebird. All of the high speed drivers turn hard when you get them on an anny, but a Teebird/Eagle will not flip hard and it will keep from cut rolling on you. That's what I've found works for me at least.

Matt

paerley
Aug 27 2005, 06:58 PM
A slower driver or a good stable(not over or under) midrange is great for a 300 foot anne hole. I've found that Discrafts Glide (and probably Innova's Coyote) can be thrown with a touch of anne, or even a big anne in this range without too much trouble.

Aug 28 2005, 12:25 AM
Also, a more overstable disc will start to flatten out quicker. I have seen some people throw some wicked annhyzers into the wind with Z-Extreme's they go about 100 feet before flexing out and starting to fade. Monster's and Gateway's overstable disc (Ilusion? Scream? I can't remember) will probably do the same thing.

the_kid
Aug 28 2005, 12:05 PM
Monster's and Gateway's overstable disc (Ilusion? Scream? I can't remember) will probably do the same thing.

An new "e" or "h" spirit but after it breakes in it will BOOM

quickdisc
Aug 28 2005, 06:31 PM
Soo many disc's out now that roll great.

I'm looking for something , that will scream down the fairway.

Hey , maybe a new name for a disc ( The Screamer ).

A disc that will hold its line , when thrown hard and travel 460 -550 +

I have roller discs that go 400+ already.

Just need a Boomer Roller...........Screamer !!!!!!!!!! :eek:

friysch
Aug 28 2005, 10:29 PM
Only thing I can say is try something more overstable and see if you can get it on the same edge as your current rollers. Harder to get them on edge, but I roll a beast really really far when I get it on edge. Never need huge rollers though so I stick to my TL which is extremely consistent to 350-400.

Matt

Birdie
Aug 29 2005, 12:01 AM
Yeah it's kind of a weird problem. Because what needs to happen is I need to throw the disc where it is flattening out by the point where I want it to land. But thats going to be living on the edge every time I throw. Trying to get just the right amount of anhyzer to get it to turn right, but not to much as to where it is keeping its edge "up". Oh well...i'll just quit.... :D

Aug 29 2005, 04:50 PM
isn't that what a Sidewinder is for? J/K... I don't throw a SW, but in my mind it's seem liek you want an Eagle or something that will flatten back out and sit down safely... Experiment...

Aug 31 2005, 05:09 PM
In little or no wind the sidewinder works great for me for an Anhyzer that comes down flat without rolling. Just have to give it a little height. Thats just me though I always hear people making fun of the sidewinder and I am just an Am so you don't have to listen to me.

Plankeye
Sep 05 2005, 08:24 AM
Soo many disc's out now that roll great.

I'm looking for something , that will scream down the fairway.

Hey , maybe a new name for a disc ( The Screamer ).

A disc that will hold its line , when thrown hard and travel 460 -550 +

I have roller discs that go 400+ already.

Just need a Boomer Roller...........Screamer !!!!!!!!!! :eek:

i think one of gateway's new drivers will be called the "scream"

Plankeye
Sep 05 2005, 08:31 AM
The sidewinder is a great disc. I have thrown some good rollers with it and some huge-D turnver shots. Threw one on a very difficult hole(straight for 275 then hard right for another 75-100 and parked it.

The new roadrunner that will be coming out in a couple months will be a even better roller disc.

if you are throwing discs with anny and they are still landing as a roller, it means you are coming over the top of your shoulder too much. pull your arm through level and just change the angle of the disc.

J_TEE
Mar 19 2006, 01:13 AM
I throw a z-mrv for 275-350 anhyzer shots. It works really good with little to no wind. In the wind, max weight QMS has a nice turnover when thrown with a bit of a hyze. I throw alot of rollers. I've found that a Pro-Starfire or a Beat up pro-Wraith are awesome long distance rollers. Good luck!!