dannyreeves
Aug 26 2005, 12:02 AM
Is there a difference in the Z-Glides with the Ace Race stamp vs. the regular production?

Any flight path differences?

thanks

my_hero
Aug 26 2005, 12:34 AM
Ask Brenner. He owns like 40 of them. :D

paerley
Aug 26 2005, 12:39 AM
Well, I dislike the look of the non ace race stamp. I dunno, but if I like the way my disc looks it gives me confidence and I'm more apt to throw it well.

Aug 26 2005, 12:39 AM
If anyone wants some Ace Race versions of the Z Glide, I have new/unthrown ones in orange, yellow, and clear-white (Ace Race Winner stamp). Will trade for Coyotes, or will sell them -- i need funds to finance my USADGC trip.

dannyreeves
Aug 26 2005, 12:51 AM
I don't care about stamps. If I dont like one, I can just take it off.

If they fly the same, I will get the Ace race because Sun King has them for $4 cheaper than the regulars.

Anyone know about flight characteristics?

my_hero
Aug 26 2005, 10:31 AM
Ask Brenner. :)

sandalman
Aug 26 2005, 12:22 PM
i've never thrown any of the non-aceracers. i hate the logo, and (to correct john's gross exageration) i have about 35 of the aceracers

LouMoreno
Aug 26 2005, 12:25 PM
Why the dislike for the big, jagged Z?
My Hero, can get it fixed. What would y'all like to see on it?

sandalman
Aug 26 2005, 12:29 PM
the logo is just topo big. i like smaller more elegant logos, not stuff that looks like the cover of a comic book. but thats just me, and its not all about me.

one of my favorite logos of all time was the small sun that maceman used a few years ago. as a classic and recognizable archetype, it achieved everything to which a logo could aspire.

my_hero
Aug 26 2005, 12:53 PM
Lou's correct. I'll have them change that stamp for you Pat. :D /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

35 Glides, 40 Glides, what's the difference?.....and don't say 5. :)

sandalman
Aug 26 2005, 12:57 PM
at the rate i'm using them, i'd say about 8 years of play :D

Aug 26 2005, 01:44 PM
I have been using mine since about mid May...no signs of wear. I love the disc. I drive with it downwind. I love pulling out my Glide and outdriving the chumps with Orcs and other high speed drivers. It is also great for long uphill upshots, tunnel fairways, right turning fairways (for RHBH). I throw this disc and a CryZtal Buzzz almost exclusively for upshots and shorter tees.

The Glide is freaky long for me. Oh, and it's freaky straight. I throw it with a touch of hyzer, it sits up, goes straight, goes straight, goes straight and sometimes doesn't stop! Sometimes almost too long! I threw it about 400 feet downhill the other day on a 275 foot long hole! Needless to say, I was not thrilled. Darn thing just refused to lay down!

Anyway, I also only throw the Ace Race one. Mostly because our club does not have the regular ones, and they have the Ace Race ones on sale! So, my post is no help. You can ignore it.

sandalman
Aug 26 2005, 02:31 PM
what are the colors of the aceracers they have for sale? if they're not orangish i just might help you get rid of them!

slowmo_1
Aug 26 2005, 02:39 PM
I have a few yellow ace race ones and an orange regular production one. The orange one is a good bit more stable than the yellow ones that are considerably understable. I still can't decide which I like better.

sandalman
Aug 26 2005, 03:10 PM
my favorites are the yellows and the blues. i have lots of the oranges tho. i used to think the blues were fairly stable, but lately i have been seeing them flip/fade more. i think its cuz i have not completely readjusted to all the air down here compared to flagstaff

Aug 26 2005, 03:10 PM
IMO the glide flies like a cheetah, fairly fast and a little understable at high speed. It is more like a driver than most midranges and flies farther than any other midrange I've ever thrown.

Aug 26 2005, 04:52 PM
All the Ace Racers the club has are the orangish red ones. I haven't thrown any other color, so I am clueless. They are all right around 170-173 grams.

my_hero
Aug 26 2005, 04:55 PM
Pat, i have one blue one that i'll trade for one of your orange ones. The color doesn't matter to me. I just wanted to keep a proto in the closet.

sandalman
Aug 26 2005, 06:01 PM
bring the blue one sunday... i'll plop an orangy in the car for ya.

dannyreeves
Aug 26 2005, 06:01 PM
Pat, can you give us a breakdown of how the different color ace race ones fly?

sandalman
Aug 26 2005, 06:09 PM
yellow: really straight and far
yellow with slight orange tint (VERY rare color): very straight and stupid far
orange: amazingly straight and just plain silly far
orangish red: ridiculously straight and bonechillingly far
blue: laser straight and steroid-like far

after all, its DISCRAFT

dannyreeves
Aug 26 2005, 06:10 PM
So what you are saying is that they are really overstable? :p

sandalman
Aug 26 2005, 06:11 PM
seriously though... the only real difference seems to come from the weight. i carry a yellow and a blue... the yellow is less stable, the blue more stable but the yellow is 170ish and the blue is 177ish.

dannyreeves
Aug 26 2005, 06:37 PM
cool thanks.

dannyreeves
Sep 02 2005, 10:43 PM
I got an orange 174 and I love it. It is sweet. Very smooth flyer. If a Wasp/Roc/Buzz is like a 5 iron, this is a great 3 iron. I could throw it almost 400' on a rope. I hope I can keep it in my bag.

I am finding tons of new discs that I like but I don't want to carry 25 discs in my bag. lol

gokayaksteven
Sep 06 2005, 08:45 PM
bump--seem to be some missing posts

dannyreeves
Sep 07 2005, 03:21 PM
Everything is fixed.

DreaminTree
Sep 07 2005, 04:05 PM
So is the Glide understable? I am trying to find a replacement for my beat KC Roc. I liked how it flew once I beat it up quite a bit... It was great for 300' dead straight or turnover shots. All of a sudden it lost all of its glide and just drops after 280' or so. I just cant get it out that far anymore. I want a slightly understable midrange that I can throw at least 300' consistently. I throw my Z-Buzz and SB Roc about 320-330. I really only use the Buzz when I really need NOT to turn over the disc, or there is a headwind. SB is still a little too overstable to hold a really long anny line for me.

Boneman
Sep 07 2005, 04:08 PM
Coyote :D

DreaminTree
Sep 07 2005, 04:11 PM
What is the difference in flight between a coyote and a glide? People's descriptions of the two are pretty similar.

paerley
Sep 07 2005, 05:10 PM
What is the difference in flight between a coyote and a glide? People's descriptions of the two are pretty similar.

Roughly the same profile and grip. Same glide, same high speed turn. Coyote has a little more low speed fade than the glide, but that could have been the fact that I was throwing a 174 Glide and a 177ish coyote.

Sep 07 2005, 05:32 PM
So is the Glide understable? I am trying to find a replacement for my beat KC Roc. I liked how it flew once I beat it up quite a bit... It was great for 300' dead straight or turnover shots. All of a sudden it lost all of its glide and just drops after 280' or so. I just cant get it out that far anymore. I want a slightly understable midrange that I can throw at least 300' consistently. I throw my Z-Buzz and SB Roc about 320-330. I really only use the Buzz when I really need NOT to turn over the disc, or there is a headwind. SB is still a little too overstable to hold a really long anny line for me.

Those are the exact shots I throw the Glide for...

sandalman
Sep 07 2005, 05:36 PM
I want a slightly understable midrange that I can throw at least 300' consistently.

there cannot be a better description of the defining shot for a Z-Glide!

dannyreeves
Sep 07 2005, 05:38 PM
You need a Comet. Try a Glide too but the Comet is best for what you described.