Jul 17 2005, 11:01 PM
Does this rule imply that only the weight of the disc has to be marked? Or does this mean that it has to say what kind of disc it is on it. I use 2 strike out discs but I'm not totally sure if I can use them in tournament play.

-Marxy

bruce_brakel
Jul 17 2005, 11:27 PM
This rule means that the disc has to be marked in such a way that it can be distinguished from any similar disc another player might be throwing. It does not have to be marked with the weight. X-outs or factory reject discs are legal for tournament play if the disc mold generally is legal.

quickdisc
Jul 18 2005, 12:28 AM
I make it simple.

I Initial the top of the disc , flip it over , complete name on the bottom side.

Never any confusion , when approached by another player with a similar disc. /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Jul 18 2005, 01:28 AM
1. Write my name on the underside of your disc

2. Hand it to me

3. Thank you

Jul 18 2005, 03:02 AM
Gotcha, thank you very much helpy helpers.

-Marxy

Greg_R
Jul 18 2005, 09:28 PM
Rules aside, it makes a lot of sense to put your name and phone number on the bottom of your plastic!

Jul 21 2005, 11:29 AM
and if you dont want your phone number on it, you could put your email address on it

bambam
Jul 21 2005, 03:29 PM
... and I would include your mother's maiden name, just in case the person who finds it needs to verify your identity before returning the plastic to you /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif :p

quickdisc
Jul 21 2005, 05:47 PM
Rules aside, it makes a lot of sense to put your name and phone number on the bottom of your plastic!

I actually tried that once , only to find out , it was nailed on someones wall !!!!! :eek: Nail through the center as a reminder !!!!

If I find , anyones disc , with Some kind of name or Initial , it will be handed direct !!!!!!
I have tried other methods of returning plastic to an individual , Free of Charge , only to have those folks state , it cost them Money !!!!!! :eek:

No Middle Man Rule !!!!!! HAND THE PLASTIC DIRECTLY !!!!!! :mad:

Jul 28 2005, 08:47 PM
You could just take a pencil such as the one you are keeping score with and mark and thing on the disc that is a marked disc.

Jul 29 2005, 04:38 AM

names and numbers can be easily marked out - just look on EBAY. The best method, in my opinion, is to mark them incongrouously so others have NO idea that the mark is a signifier, thus you can recognize your mark in someones hand, or on an EBAY image, etc.

Parkntwoputt
Jul 29 2005, 09:22 AM
I have tried other methods of returning plastic to an individual , Free of Charge , only to have those folks state , it cost them Money !!!!!! :eek:

No Middle Man Rule !!!!!! HAND THE PLASTIC DIRECTLY !!!!!! :mad:

I never understood why someone charges a person to get their disc back after the person who found it was looking in the woods/lake for the disc that THEY lost.

I left a disc on the course durning a practice round, a guy picked it up and later that day told me he had it, then had the huevos to say "$5 finders fee" I told him to go F himself and ripped my disc out of his hand. Whether he was kidding or not I do not care. Someone would be an "insert donkey nickname here" for charging someone just to return their plastic.

If someone was smart enough to put at least their name on their discs, then you have a karmic obligation to return that disc to at least the course pro, if you do not know the person yourself.

On a side note. If you find a disc that has no name, and there is not an [I'm a potty-mouth!] on the course asking everyone for that disc, then you just earned yourself a free piece of plastic. :D

But if there is a name, give it back, free of charge.

hitec100
Jul 29 2005, 02:47 PM

names and numbers can be easily marked out - just look on EBAY. The best method, in my opinion, is to mark them incongrouously so others have NO idea that the mark is a signifier, thus you can recognize your mark in someones hand, or on an EBAY image, etc.

Or, if you so concerned about this, do both, so honest people can return your disc without difficulty, and if dishonest people remove the obvious mark, then maybe the less obvious one will still remain as an identifier for you.

I just wonder how you can mark on a disc in a way in which it is not obvious that it has been marked. And when it comes down to it, I don't worry so much about having someone steal my disc as much as worry about shanking a disc into the woods and just plain losing it. So if it's either-or, I say put your name on the disc.

Jul 29 2005, 10:59 PM
I have lost about 10-12 discs this year so far with my name and info and sadly to say I have not got back any of them.

hazard
Aug 16 2005, 03:19 PM
I just wonder how you can mark on a disc in a way in which it is not obvious that it has been marked.

My brother-in-law has come up with a very neat way of doing this, but it only works on 10x discs with faded stamps...

cbdiscpimp
Aug 16 2005, 03:21 PM
I have lost about 10-12 discs this year so far with my name and info and sadly to say I have not got back any of them.

Maybe thats because you shank so far into the schule that no one ever goes looking for discs that deep :eek:

Jeff_Peters
Aug 16 2005, 03:29 PM
I found a guy's disc and mailed it back to him, a week later the same guys sent me a NEW DISC. It's all about the karma!

quickdisc
Aug 16 2005, 03:37 PM
I found a guy's disc and mailed it back to him, a week later the same guys sent me a NEW DISC. It's all about the karma!

Excellent !!!!!! That's what I'm talking about !!!!!!

Honor amongst players !!!!!

quickdisc
Aug 16 2005, 03:43 PM
Yea , I used to put my phone number on the disc. Stopped doing that , from the crank phone calls at 2:30 in the morning.

All I do now , is put an Identifing mark or my name on the top and my name on the bottom. With a Sanfords King size pen.
That stuff is waterproof.

I have gotton those back , from across the country , out of Lakes and rivers , and out of others bags !!!!! :eek:

paerley
Aug 16 2005, 05:05 PM
at an event here in michigan(j-bird summer slam opener at mount pleasant, I believe) I managed to land a talon in a lake. after my round, I went over where it went in and used a disc diver to search for it($17 on e-bay shipped, best purchase ever). I ended up pulling like 10 discs out that weren't mine and returned every one of them to the owners at the course. some only offered thanks, others a dollar or two, and one guy gave me an orion ls he had just won. I ended up trading the orion ls to a kid who pulled my talon out of the lake. he didn't ask for anything, but it only seemed fair.