MTL21676
Jul 07 2005, 06:25 PM
Watching the PGA tour and I was thinking how greater thier margain of error is than ours. On some holes, if we miss by inches, we go from birdie to double bogey. In golf, that is not the case.

SO heres my question and want some opinions.

Is it better for disc golf when designing a course for greater margain or error, or less?

Less would mean more wooded, faster greens - requires accuracy at all times.

More would mean more flat greens and more open fairways - even the best players mess up from time to time and they would not be penalized as much for this.

rhett
Jul 07 2005, 07:09 PM
That's a pretty tough comparison when ball golfers are hitting 300 yards and we are throwing 300 feet.

You sure they have more margin for error?

If they are off by inches within the first 300 feet I'm thinking they land in the woods, the lake, or the deep rough.

Jul 07 2005, 07:12 PM
You're such a serious poster now. You changed, man.

idahojon
Jul 07 2005, 08:03 PM

Now, if he could only spell. :D

MTL21676
Jul 08 2005, 03:03 AM

Chances are I've forgotten more about this game than you know :D

johnbiscoe
Jul 08 2005, 10:16 AM
you probably forgot it all at once when you took the shot to the head. ;)

i agree with rhett on the ball golfer margin for error.

for dg holes a mix is best, tests more things physically and mentally.

circle_2
Jul 08 2005, 12:00 PM
Perhaps the PGA will elevate the cup/flagsick (AND the green, for that matter!) to make holing out even more challenging! Obviously if they miss their putt, the ball is still on the same general plane as their intended target.

Jul 09 2005, 10:26 PM
I remember Tiger missing a putt by 4 inches and having it roll down the green all the way into a lake.

rizbee
Jul 11 2005, 02:54 AM
I remember Tiger missing a putt by 4 inches and having it roll down the green all the way into a lake.

Yikes, I'm having deja vu... I had a putt at a tournament a few months ago that hit the basket, got on an edge and rolled into a lake. And I'm no Tiger...