Jul 07 2005, 07:12 AM
Hi all,

In 7 years of disc golf, I've never even thrown a roc. I am going to buy one sooner or later. I have been looking around and am wondering what the difference between them all. I understand the difference between molds of plastics, but not a CE CLassic Roc, Rancho Roc, 11 time, super Roc and so on. I know the differences are noticable for many, but I cant seem to figure them out from my web searching.

ToddLapham
Jul 07 2005, 12:00 PM
CE Roc is a Champion Edition, most people think this was the best plastic ever made, but the don't make it anymore. Good luck finding one of those. Rancho is where they were made, San Marino is another place. 11x means how many championships Ken Climo had when they were made...9x are older bc he "only" had 9 championships, 11x are newer. This goes for any discs, not just Rocs. Hope that helped atleast a little bit.

Jul 07 2005, 02:30 PM
I have had the same question. Todd, your response helps a little but it doesn't really get to the heart of what I think the original poster was asking. Can anybody tell us what the difference is in flight characteristics between all the different types of rocs? :p

Jul 07 2005, 02:37 PM
The 10x KC roc was the best KC roc made so far.. many people loved them.

the 11x is the new one and it's better than the DX roc becuase it holds up longer and is probably a little more stable.

the CE rocs(which are still made every year, but the plastic is different) Are the most stable especiallly the 2004 GLOW roc.

THe DX rocs are the best ones to get becuase they ahve the best feel.

The Super ROC is domey and floaty.

The Classic Roc is a totally diffferent disc.. IT's not really part of the modern Roc family.

IF i'd never thrown a roc before i'd pick up either a new Proline Roc or a DX roc.

-Scott Lewis

Jul 07 2005, 02:41 PM
The first Roc was a disc similar to today's Aviar XD. The next roc was the San Marino new mold roc, made with a sharper nose and more stable than the original. Around this time they started calling the 1st roc "classic roc". After the San Marino, they made Ontario rocs, which were a bit more stable than SM's. Next comes rancho cucamonga, today's roc. They made KC plastic in this mold, starting with 8x, today they run 11x. The "CE" classic roc is the classic roc mold in champion fundraiser plastic.

Jul 07 2005, 02:42 PM
THe first super roc was in Innova's SE plastic. Now they make the super roc as a fundraiser for worlds in grippy but durable plastic.

Jul 07 2005, 04:55 PM
KC pros are similar to the old CE plastics, right? I've never been a big fan of DX, I think I will try out a KCpro or maybe a champion.

Whats the difference between a roc, super roc and a classic roc?

quickdisc
Jul 07 2005, 04:57 PM
Well...............try a Champion Shark.

Those are very stable !!!! /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Jul 07 2005, 05:09 PM
Well...............try a Champion Shark.

Those are very stable !!!! /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I have a DX shark, I like it alright. I used to use it more then I do now.

quickdisc
Jul 07 2005, 05:12 PM
Champion Shark is really stable. You can throw them full blast and they will hold Hyzer.