Jul 06 2005, 06:36 AM
I have a Lightning #2 roller that I found a few years ago. I have never thrown it. I usually just show it to friends to get some funny conversations going.

Anyway has anyone used one? I assume it turns over, but I guess I dont really know. Is there any collectability (or tradability) to this disc? thanks

Jul 06 2005, 10:16 AM
I would say probably not. I have only seen a lightning disc being used on the course 1 time and that was by a beginner. The plastic just doesn't hold up from what I hear and you could just imagine a roller disc in that plastic :D

Jul 06 2005, 10:57 AM
just roll it already! should be fine

savard1120
Jul 06 2005, 12:23 PM
I'd assume the picture on the disc should show you what the disc is capable of doing

Jul 06 2005, 03:19 PM
I would say probably not. I have only seen a lightning disc being used on the course 1 time and that was by a beginner. The plastic just doesn't hold up from what I hear and you could just imagine a roller disc in that plastic :D

I use a Lightning #2 driver for short tight s-curves and a Prostyle Upshot-2 for short annhyzers. Hit a lot of tress with both and barely any notable damage.

Jul 06 2005, 04:51 PM
those discs are awsome to use as a rolling tray or the level a broken table.....or a dog toy.....along with all other lightning discs and their HORRIBLE!!!! baskets....

Jul 06 2005, 07:58 PM
LOL
Do they still make these?

I had a Lightning D1 that I liked but it was junk after a few trees. I do have a lightning bag I like though.

MTL21676
Jul 06 2005, 11:45 PM
I prefer the #1 Roller....I get longer D out of them - I have dueced some pretty long holes with these things.

kvo
Jul 07 2005, 12:57 AM
along with all other lightning discs and their HORRIBLE!!!! baskets....

I was wondering what people thought of the DB-5's is it really all that bad of a basket? what makes it so bad?

hazard
Jul 07 2005, 07:24 PM
I used a glow #2 roller for a while. Lightning's glow plastic...later runs I think...seems to be almost more durable than their prostyle.

m_conners
Jul 07 2005, 07:31 PM
Looking for a #2 Thumber...willing to trade anything in my stash :D