Jul 05 2005, 08:40 PM
I bought a disc of ebay I thought was a roc, but I'm no longer sure. It's a tournament disc from 2000 with the National Doubles stamp on it. Its white, and has a KC pro/SE feel to it. The writing on the back of the disc either "SE" or "SF", with a circled "5" on it as well. It feels a bit like a roc, but the lip dosn't feel as big. The shape of the lip is definatly roc-like. Wide midrange disc, weight at 180. Also has a thick flashing. Where the disc gets me is that it says its made in San Marino. From the stamp, I wanted to guess the disc was one of the Millenium midranges, but I though the molds would have been Ranchero molds. It's also crossed my mind that its a San Marino, but I didn't think Innova produced any that late.
Any help would be great.

jconnell
Jul 05 2005, 09:47 PM
I bought a disc of ebay I thought was a roc, but I'm no longer sure. It's a tournament disc from 2000 with the National Doubles stamp on it. Its white, and has a KC pro/SE feel to it. The writing on the back of the disc either "SE" or "SF", with a circled "5" on it as well. It feels a bit like a roc, but the lip dosn't feel as big. The shape of the lip is definatly roc-like. Wide midrange disc, weight at 180. Also has a thick flashing. Where the disc gets me is that it says its made in San Marino. From the stamp, I wanted to guess the disc was one of the Millenium midranges, but I though the molds would have been Ranchero molds. It's also crossed my mind that its a San Marino, but I didn't think Innova produced any that late.
Any help would be great.

What you have there is a Millenium Sentinel. I have one just like it in my bag, so I'm pretty sure of myself on this one.

--Josh

Jul 06 2005, 02:16 AM
The mold is a San Marino? Thanks for the help.

jconnell
Jul 06 2005, 10:10 AM
The mold is a San Marino? Thanks for the help.

Yes, the mold says San Marino on it. Even the newest run of Sentinels say San Marino on them. I'm sure Dave D can answer this better, but I think the city listed on the mold just indicates where Innova was when the mold was made, not necessarily where the disc itself was made...i.e. the "San Marino" molds went with them to Rancho Cucamonga. It's also possible that they used an old bottom piece (maybe from an old "San Marino" Roc mold) when they created the Sentinel mold.

--Josh

Jul 06 2005, 11:37 AM
You are correct about the cities; the city names where the mold was created, not where the disc was manufactured. I just had no idea the Sentinal used a San Marino mold.

mf100forever
Jul 07 2005, 03:53 AM
I�m not Dave, but I have asked him the same question before, and the Sentinel is based on the old Cobra mold.