Jul 02 2005, 11:25 PM
go me woot! still not near as good as my side arm.

anway i was thinking of trying out the new disc wing quater k. has any one thrown it yet? i kind like the idea of a wing shaped profile.

Jul 03 2005, 12:03 AM
congrats on breaking 250..
I havne't thrown the QuarterK, but i would suggest throwing some leapords or maybe even a valk.. give them a try first and let me know how you do.

-Scott Lewis

Blarg
Jul 03 2005, 06:21 AM
I just got a quarter K. It is white and arrived with a fairly severe 'dent' in the flight plate near the rim. I'm dying to throw it, but have read that the plastic won't even stand up to being thrown in an open grassy field. I noticed I can nick the plastic with a fingernail without really trying, which is a big disappointment. I also noticed that the rim is quite a bit different in shape from the prototype. The prototype had a convex rim, which was what really set this disc apart from any other. The current quarter k, 'first run' has a rim that is slightly concave, just like most other drivers. :confused: :( :confused:

P.S.
congrats on hitting 250!!! I would also recommend Valkyries for beginner distance and also light weights in whatever you throw. 150g. discs are easier to flatten out and therefore may fly farther for beginners.

Jul 04 2005, 02:14 AM
I am consistantly over 250 now, but I have not been doing it for real long now. I have finally broke 300 a few times though, anyhow...I still can't throw light and couldn't throw straight to understable discs until a few months ago, now my 2 longest discs are a year old Z Predator, and a found Champ. Beast, both at 174

Jul 05 2005, 09:49 PM
thanks for the heads up on the quater k blarg. i guess i'll pass on the quater k. i was diggin the wing style contour, but the cheesy plastic wont hold up to my home course (college campus, brick building are hard on a disc ;) )

thanks for the tips on the valk. i already own two. my problem with my back hand is it's just a wierd style to me. my side arm is much better pegging just above 380 ft consistently.

now i'm just bumbed about the quater k. i was really pumped about it. :(

MTL21676
Jul 06 2005, 11:53 PM
congrats on the achievement - i remember that feeling as a 12 yr old breaking 250

tjmarch
Jul 17 2005, 09:39 AM
250 Cool!

I just broke 190 with a big tailwind.
My aim is to throw over 200.

Do you mean m or ft? /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif