Jun 27 2005, 10:30 PM
Ok I'm sure this has been a thread already but if so its deep in the archives and I cant find it. I just got one today looking for a little more stability for long backhands. wow. For some reason this thing really flew today!! I'm very impressed with the disk. I played at Waller today (santa maria) and the thing just kept going. For the first time I drove the pin on 2 / 11. Anyone noticed that you can throw it high with a little anhyzer and it will hold all day before it comes back? Sorry if this is repetitive but I'd like to spark some more opinion on the topic.

quickdisc
Jun 28 2005, 01:31 AM
Pro Starfires ............Rock !!!!!!

Jun 28 2005, 12:05 PM
What I would like to see is the comparison between the Pro Starfires and the new Champion Starfire-L's since they used the pro mold for it (not to mention I have one on the way). Seems if they are anywhere close to the same they would both have a good place in my bag, 1 for rain, 1 for sun.

Me, personally, I didn't like the way you had to re-learn the flight of the Pro after each couple of trees. I think I read somewhere Innova was going to work on the plastic mix for the pro to try and prevent such a drastic change so, we'll see.

Here's the existing threads on each:
Pro Starfire (http://www.pdga.com/msgboard/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=326502&page=7&view=collap sed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1)
CFR Starfire SL (http://www.pdga.com/msgboard/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=374090&page=5&view=collap sed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1)

Jun 28 2005, 12:58 PM
Ok I'm sure this has been a thread already but if so its deep in the archives and I cant find it. I just got one today looking for a little more stability for long backhands. wow. For some reason this thing really flew today!! I'm very impressed with the disk. I played at Waller today (santa maria) and the thing just kept going. For the first time I drove the pin on 2 / 11. Anyone noticed that you can throw it high with a little anhyzer and it will hold all day before it comes back? Sorry if this is repetitive but I'd like to spark some more opinion on the topic.

We have a hole locally that is slightly up hill 400ft with a fairwary that is lined on both sides by the brush. The teepad is about 10ft lower than the basket level so the throw a lot of the pro's have been doing is similar to what you describe. The release looks very strange almost like you are going to put out a roller but that disc will glide out to the right and flex back in at the very end and they get some incredible distance out of it. I plan on picking one up sometime soon due to its glide and speed ratings and the fact that is slightly understable from what I read.

Its a very good disc for sure.