Jun 27 2005, 07:36 PM
I was using rocs and wasps while focusing on getting more snap to get more speed and distance on my drives, which worked, but then I was using sabres eagles and vikings (flippy discs) Now I am having trouble on some of the shorter holes. I used to use a roc on a lot of the holes at the local courses, but now it will not fade left. I thought maybe it was just because of how abused that disc is, so I pulled out my new Z buzz and it did the same thing. Now I need to figure out how to fix my mid drives (180-240) without taking distance away from my drives (240 and up) Open to all suggestions

okdiscrat
Jun 27 2005, 07:51 PM
try a putter,they are actually pretty good for shorter distances.

gnduke
Jun 27 2005, 07:58 PM
I think you will still see the lack of hyzer on putters as well. It is probably caused by the additional snap you are putting on your drives. I have the same problem. You can try releasing with more hyzer, and they will probably flip up and fly straight most of the way and still come back at the end. The other option is to go with more overstable mids.

Jun 28 2005, 10:38 AM
I don't throw all that far (350'-370') and I don't have any problem getting my Wizards to hold a hyzer out to 280' or so assuming I have a high enough ceiling. The E Wizards work particularly well but I've had Medium S Wizards do it too. Perhaps you could try a Z/Champion/E/Q version of your putter to see how that works for you.

You can also try a overstable midrange like the Drone, Demon or Gator for lower ceiling shots that need to hyzer. I have trouble getting my Demon to go much more than 250' no matter how hard I throw it if I give it any hyzer.

Jun 28 2005, 11:08 AM
My Demon flies just farther than my rocs and wasp. And my putter is a pro rhyno, and when I try using it off the tee, it doesn't come back either. I probably should have mentioned that my drives peak around 280, so I don't throw far at all.

Jun 28 2005, 12:46 PM
My criteria for deciding between a buzz and a wasp is just how much glide I need and how much fade left I need. I can throw each one about the same distance but the wasp is more overstable in my hand. I say if you need hyzer put it on a line and at least for me it will hold that line. I pull out the wasp if I need it to hyzer out at the end.

disctance00
Jun 28 2005, 01:14 PM
I use a Z-xtreme for short Hyzers I still have to snap it cause it isn't a long range driver for me or anybody else for that matter. Great utility disc.

Jun 28 2005, 11:48 PM
An overstable driver will fade hard and predictably on shorter throws with less power. Monsters work best for me.