kittenchick
Jun 26 2005, 02:36 AM
who is going? my mom and i are going with tracey and kathy. if should be really fun . i am looking forward to going.

Nelle 18131
Jun 26 2005, 05:09 PM
We will have more Texans than ever before at Womens Nationals!! I am hoping to make the trip also. See ya there.

valkhere
Jun 29 2005, 12:50 PM
I will be there. Hopefully to play a little better than last year :) But it's always the greatest time with some great Women golfers!!

rhett
Jun 29 2005, 03:23 PM
Where is the entry form?

discette
Jun 29 2005, 03:47 PM
2005 US Womens Championships Entry Info (http://www.illinoisdiscgolf.com/womenschampionship/entryfees.html)

It is not really an entry form, but it tells you what you need to do. I simply printed out this page and put the requested information on the back.

Jun 29 2005, 04:07 PM
Is there a recommendation for airport? I assume Chicago will be the best city to fly into. I need to check prices before I decide to register!

rhett
Jun 29 2005, 04:26 PM
My wife and daughter are flying into Peoria.

rhett
Jun 29 2005, 04:27 PM
2005 US Womens Championships Entry Info (http://www.illinoisdiscgolf.com/womenschampionship/entryfees.html)

It is not really an entry form, but it tells you what you need to do. I simply printed out this page and put the requested information on the back.

Okay. We were confused because we couldn't find an actual form.

suemac
Jun 29 2005, 04:58 PM
Looks like a group from Houston will also be heading that way!

Can't wait.

Andi, Dee, Diane K. & Suemac

Jun 29 2005, 05:04 PM
Is there a recommendation for airport? I assume Chicago will be the best city to fly into. I need to check prices before I decide to register!

You've got about a 3 hour drive from Chicago, so weigh that in relation to the expense of flying into Peoria. It might be cheaper to fly into Chicago, but then you have the drive to Peoria.

discette
Jun 29 2005, 05:17 PM
You may try flying into Moline, Illinois (Quad Cities) airport. It is 80 miles from Peoria. I was surprised that the prices for flying into Peoria were not more expensive than flying into Moline.

Anyone considering going should reserve a hotel room now. It will be a busy week in Peoria with the Lions Convention expecting to draw 10,000 visitors.

rhett
Jun 29 2005, 05:42 PM
My wife said she got the last room at the host hotel. :eek:

tbender
Jun 29 2005, 06:10 PM
You can also fly into St. Louis. Only about 2.5 hours, if memory serves.

Jun 29 2005, 06:13 PM
I didn't realize that Peoria itself has an airport. I will check those rates. I'm looking for shortest travel time as I'll probably have to skip class Friday to attend. I was all excited about going back to graduate school, and now I realize the flexibility of time off that I take for granted in my job!

What are the chances of arranging a pick up at the Peoria airport? It's not exactly economical to rent a car when you're under 25...

Thanks for all the help!

discette
Jun 29 2005, 06:23 PM
Send me a PM when you get your plans firmed up. I don't know where the airport is, but I will have a car and I am staying at the host hotel. There are other hotels nearby (http://www.mortonil.com/Motels/Morton%20Motels.htm).

rhett
Jun 29 2005, 10:01 PM
I think my wife got a $235 round trip airfare from San Diego. Right off the American Airlines website, too.

Jun 30 2005, 10:21 AM
Apparently it's about $100 more from Denver and evidently I can't do it all in the same day if I want to leave in the evenings (for example, if I pick a flight leaving Peoria around 6 pm Sunday, I have to spend the night in, say, Chicago, and take a 6am flight to Denver). Looks like American is the only airline also. I'll have to do some more searching on this, but right now the Peoria airport doesn't seem to be too great... :confused:

discette
Jun 30 2005, 10:37 AM
Try United.

valkhere
Jun 30 2005, 11:45 AM
Just an FYI a lot of Hotels are booked for the weekend of Women's Nationals. I myself decided to try and reserve a room for the girls I am traveling with and many of them are booked so if you are looking for a Hotel for that weekend you might want to start calling now :)

schwinn2
Jun 30 2005, 12:48 PM
It's true. Most of the pleasant, yet affordable hotels are booked this weekend. :mad:I got so sick of looking for a hotel in Peoria, that I got one in Bloomington. I went on Priceline and got one for $40/night. The location of my hotel is exactly 40 mi from Bradley, McNaughton, and ICC, and it's 30 mi from Northwoods. It's always an option if you don't mind the drive.

Jun 30 2005, 03:45 PM
I am local women here in pekin, fi you don't want to fly into peoria, there is also an airport in bloomington, and I have offered for those who cannot afford to stay at a hotel, free camping in my back yard and I also have some couch and floor space. I am less than 10 mins to Mcnaughton and not too far from the rest either. Anyone can come stay as long as they can deal with 2 very adorable cats that I have, don't want to upset anyones allergies.I prob have room enough for 2-4 women in the house and several tents in the back yard and we have a basket to practice putting on.PLease feel free to contact me and let me know if I can be of assistance to you. Cory Hill 813 state st. Pekin, IL 61554 [email protected] or 309-347-1717. Just try to call as far in advance as you can so I don't overbook my house! Thank you and I look forward to seeing everyone in Sept.! :Di have a link off the the lodging part of the women's antionals site also... illinoisdiscgolf.com<font color="purple"> </font>

Nelle 18131
Jul 11 2005, 01:30 PM
I found a cheap ticket into Springfield, IL. Flying out of Austin.
Saved me about $150.

tbender
Jul 11 2005, 06:25 PM
I found a cheap ticket into Springfield, IL. Flying out of Austin.
Saved me about $150.

Cheap, Flying, and Springfield in the same thought? Whoa. Sure the plane is included? :)

(I remember the days when Capital Airport was 2-3x more expensive than flying in/out of St. Louis/Chicago/Indy--including paying for airport parking.)

Nelle 18131
Jul 11 2005, 06:28 PM
I hope the plane is included. :D

For some reason flying into Peoria is so expensive from here.

Us Texas ladies need to put our heads together for the best rate up there. We should be splitting rooms and rental cars.

vinnie
Jul 11 2005, 06:47 PM
Andy L was talking with a lady that played TWC...that live in peoria.They were working something out....you may want to call Andy Lahmen

Nelle 18131
Jul 11 2005, 06:51 PM
Ya I talked to her, she has her stuff taken care of. I know Sue and Laura and others were planning on going, so hopefully we can group. Either way I am sure we are all going, it would make more sense though to stay/ride together.

suemac
Jul 12 2005, 10:46 AM
All the H-town gals will be playing LOSO, sure we can figure it out then.

Jul 16 2005, 11:34 PM
Bloomington also has an Airport. Sometimes you can find a good rate to there.

Jul 16 2005, 11:37 PM
Mom and I are trying to find more hotel or motel rooms.We are not having a lot of luck either.

Jul 16 2005, 11:40 PM
Any one flying into Peoria Airport, Let us know your flight time, and we will have someone pick you up. Don't forget, we have free camping at Sky Harbor Steak House, across from Bradley Park. It's rustic, but we will have a port-a-potty out there, and Mom let's the ladies use our shower.

Jul 20 2005, 07:36 PM
We have found 10 more rooms at Super 8 Motel in Washington, Illinois. Rate is $59.99 per night. The phone number is (309)444-8881. Be sure to ask for the Women's Championship rate.

Jul 21 2005, 06:24 PM
Also I am offering some floor space and some tent camping at my house as well, just need to contact me soon and let me know so I don't overbook! Local woman, close to Mcnaughton and I have a basket to practice also off the course if needed. email Cory Hill [email protected]

bruce_brakel
Aug 16 2005, 06:33 PM
We found rooms at the Days Inn in Morton. There are rooms to be found. If you call any hotel and they are full, they will use their system to check around for you if you ask.

The Waterford Junior Girls are bringing five players: three juniors, an advanced and an undecided.

kittenchick
Aug 16 2005, 06:36 PM
awesome looking forward to it. :D

bruce_brakel
Aug 17 2005, 07:47 PM
Their entry fees went in the mail today.

ladydiscer
Aug 18 2005, 12:49 PM
I don't know how many ladies have not been able to find any luck with the lodging thing, but so far, not a one has contacted me to say they need a place for free. My contact info is on the womens site under lodging link. I have room for a couple tents in my yard as well as a few in the house(as long as you are not allergic to cats) I just need to know ahead of time so that I do not overbook my house. I am fairly close to all the courses and I have a practice basket.I just ask that you provide your own pillows and blankets and food. Also sat. night after the rounds I am planning on having a student masssage therapist who is volunteering her services to anyone who wants them available at my house, she brings her own very comfy table and accepts donations or tips. We couldn't find anywhere alse to have this set up do to privacy. I hope that I can accomodate some of you and look forward to this awesome event, until then keep 'em flyin!

Aug 18 2005, 10:58 PM
If Ladydiscer runs out of space, another PFC member is offering bed space also. Contact Oldman if you need more information. [email protected]

Aug 21 2005, 01:29 PM
The Fleming's are also offering two rooms at their Groveland home. No women Disc Golfer can stay away because of lodging.

bruce_brakel
Aug 22 2005, 03:17 PM
Here's the website by the way. http://www.illinoisdiscgolf.com/womenschampionship/

JohnKnudson
Aug 22 2005, 05:52 PM
Old Man and/or Wilbur,

Will the PFC be ordering CFR discs this year? I would like to purchase a few CFR TLs, and I would prefer to support this tournament if at all possible. Thanks!

Aug 23 2005, 03:49 PM
Any idea on dates for next year? My wife's vacation requests have to go in tomorrow, and we've guessed wrong every year so far.

schwinn2
Aug 23 2005, 04:12 PM
Yeah, I wish I knew the dates too. I'd book my room for next year! I just looked at the Women's Nationals website. There are already 29 women signed up. Many of those women are new to the tournament. Could this be the year that the US Women's Disc Golf Championship breaks the 100 competitor mark?? That would be sooooo awesome!

vinnie
Aug 23 2005, 05:03 PM
they better break 100...cause TWC2006 is going to break 100

Aug 23 2005, 08:04 PM
We have CE Starfire L, CE Teebird TL, CE Classic Roc, and CE Glo Sidewinder with tournament hotstamp in stock.
We also hace CE Classic Roc, CE Sidewinder, and CE Starfire with a full color imprint in stock. All molds are in very limited numbers. Get them while they last.

Aug 23 2005, 08:11 PM
We have requested the Women's National for 2006 with the PDGA.. As of today, we do not have an answer. I expect them to approve it. If so we always have had the last full weekend of Sept. Your guess is as good as mine.

Aug 23 2005, 11:37 PM
We have requested the Women's National for 2006 with the PDGA.. As of today, we do not have an answer. I expect them to approve it. If so we always have had the last full weekend of Sept. Your guess is as good as mine.

Thank you.

Aug 23 2005, 11:47 PM
Anything that Peoria can do, Texas can do better.

Vinnie's right!

Suemac

suemac
Aug 23 2005, 11:53 PM
Vinnie's right, anything that Peoria can do.............

TEXAS CAN DO BETTER!!!!!

I know some of the Mississippi ladies I played with this past weekend have marked their calendars for 2006.

Thanks Mr. Miller for all the hard work you are putting into the best ladies event in the country!

Aug 24 2005, 10:52 AM
Vinnie's right, anything that Peoria can do.............

TEXAS CAN DO BETTER!!!!!

Why the statement "Texas can do better"? Why does this have to turn into a competion between Peoria and the State of Texas?

We should ALL be thankfull that we have two guys Oldman and Vinnie who are willing to go this extra step for ALL THE LADIES and run a women's only event.

Thank you OLDMAN and VINNIE for all you do for ALL of us LADIES.

schwinn2
Aug 24 2005, 11:16 AM
The Peoria Frisbee Club and Oldman have it going on when it comes to this tourney! I've only played it one year, but it was by far the best tourney I've ever played!! It's obvious they put their heart and souls into making this an awesome experience for all women. THANKS!!!!!!!!

JohnKnudson
Aug 24 2005, 11:40 AM
Thanks for the reply, Old Man. I take it the CFR TLs are not glo CFR TLs. Oh well...

Do you still need volunteers for this event? I might be able to make it down to help out on one of the days.

vinnie
Aug 24 2005, 12:35 PM
I just LOVE IT!
Competion is healthy!
Oldman and I are competing event against event.
One of us may lose (more than likely him :D) but the LADIES WIN EITHER WAY.
TWC brought the USWDGC to light and the by product of that is (not sure) but the largest TEXAS turn out for the Nationals.

gnduke
Aug 24 2005, 01:07 PM
It certainly brought it to light in Texas.

I don't see how any competition between the TWC and USWDGC could be seen as an us against them thing. Part of the prize for the top Texas Women is assistance in attending the USWDGC. The TWC actively promotes the USWDGC, it just wants to be bigger.

Haven't you learned that everything is bigger in Texas (at least as far as Texans are concerned). :cool:

schwinn2
Aug 24 2005, 02:12 PM
No offense guys, but I'm interested in hearing what the ladies have to say about women's nationals!! I'm curious about who's going, where they are staying, how excited they are, etc. You can start another TWC thread if you'd like. The women who played the event agree it's an awesome event! I'd like to run an event just like it next year. Competition is good, but I don't want all the Texas women showing up to Peoria and everyone hating them because of a Texas Vs. Peoria war. I'm really looking foward to meeting these women. The women's movement is strong in Texas. I think they will bring great enthusiasm to the women's nationals!! It looks like there are already three Texas women signed up. How many more are making the voyage??

Nelle 18131
Aug 24 2005, 03:20 PM
All of us here in Texas that are going can't stop talking about it. I know that most of us first timers are going because of the feeling we got at TWC playig with so many women.

Any tournaments that are made for women are the tournies we all support. This is where it is at ladies, now is the time, we asked for it and now we have it. So whatever tournie, or state, or club you are from, we are all here for the same reasons.

WOMEN DISC GOLF ROCKS AND ITS NOT GOING TO STOP!!!!!!

schwinn2
Aug 24 2005, 03:34 PM
I love your enthusiasm. How many women are coming up from Texas?

Nelle 18131
Aug 24 2005, 03:40 PM
I am not sure right now, I think four or five. Also we claim half of Des since she lives here half the year. :)

Laura Coffey and I will fly directly into Peoria on Wednesday, we are so excited!!!!

schwinn2
Aug 24 2005, 04:24 PM
If you're flying in on Wednesday, I'm assuming that means you'll get to play a few of the courses. They are all really beautiful and well-maintained. Northwoods Park is probably one of my favorite courses in the US. I also like McNaughton. It's like a disc golf nature hike. Watch out for the snakes by the water hole!!

Nelle 18131
Aug 24 2005, 04:30 PM
THANKS!!!!!!

ladydiscer
Aug 24 2005, 05:06 PM
It's all about the numbers! If we can get a full field here this year that would be an amazing achievement! I am one of the only locals that play this event regularly and I am just happy to see any other women coming here at all! Peoria is doing some awesome things for the women this year and for the years to come if they let us. I still haven't heard anything from anyone needing a place to stay but my house is open to any female golfer needing to save some cash. I have room for at least two-three in house and for a couple tents outside.Just let me know ahead of time please! I hope everyone can make it, should be a great time. :)

bruce_brakel
Aug 26 2005, 11:05 AM
Nicole Frazer and Kelsey Brakel are both playing advanced this year so the junior girls' division will be crowning a new national champion. Three girls are pre-registered and two more say they are playing. I know there are other junior girls playing tournament disc golf in Wisconsin, Kentucky, Indiana, Michigan, Iowa and Illinois who are not signed up. This could be your girl's year to play the Final Nine and bring home a national championship trophy!

ladydiscer
Aug 26 2005, 02:07 PM
When will you be arriving on Wed. and do you need someone who is local to pick you up and /or show you where to go? I f so then I could do that for you, would make things a little easier, let me know , my contact info is under the womens site under the lodging link.

ladydiscer
Aug 29 2005, 02:35 PM
Hey I just wanted to let all the ladies know that you need to get your entries sent in ASAP so that things will go smoother on oldman wallis and staff who are doing everything they can for us to make it a great experience. So if you are able to get it sent in ahead of time, that is great, if not, please get here as early as you can to turn in your entry fees so they can have all the prizing and payouts done ahead of time, this will make things much easier! Thanks! :)

bruce_brakel
Aug 29 2005, 04:28 PM
Hey I just wanted to let all the ladies know that you need to get your entries sent in ASAP so that things will go smoother on oldman wallis and staff who are doing everything they can for us to make it a great experience. So if you are able to get it sent in ahead of time, that is great, if not, please get here as early as you can to turn in your entry fees so they can have all the prizing and payouts done ahead of time, this will make things much easier! Thanks! :)

Also, it makes it more fun to check out who is in this year. :) http://www.illinoisdiscgolf.com/womenschampionship/

bruce_brakel
Aug 29 2005, 05:20 PM
By the way, this is the Major/NT dress code:

8.3 Dress Code

8.3.1 All players in PDGA sanctioned competitions are expected to dress appropriately and maintain a clean and well-groomed appearance at all Event sites and all associated functions.
8.3.2 The following dress code for all competitors will be enforced at all PDGA National Tour and Major Events. The PDGA also recommends that this dress code be enforced at SuperTour and lower tier events, but this decision lies solely with the Tournament Director:: All players must wear a shirt covering their upper chest area. A well tailored shirt with with a fold-down, mock turtle, v-neck, crew neck, Henley, or zippered collar, and with sleeves covering the part of the arm from the shoulder to the elbow (commonly known as the upper arm), shall be considered acceptable. Women are also allowed to wear tasteful, sleeveless collared shirts as designated above.

No t-shirts will be allowed, except for competitors in the Junior divisions. Crew neck or V-neck shirts made of high-performance or high-tech materials, such as Dry-Fit, Cool-Max, and others will be allowed.

Shifts that hang down lower than the bottom hemline on the player's shorts shall be tucked in.

No ripped shirts, shorts, pants will be allowed on the course. This includes unhemmed, torn or cut "vents" at the shirt collar.

No offensive, profane or suggestive slogans or logos shall be allowed on any clothing. Junior players may not wear slogans or logos referring to alcohol or tobacco.

Shoes or other foot coverings must be worn. Players will not be allowed to play in bare feet. Sandals or slides are allowed.

8.3.3 This dress code will be in effect from start to finish at each event, including all tournament rounds. Players who do not make the final cut, but wish to remain on site through the duration of the tournament, will be considered spectators and will not be required to conform to the Tour's dress code.
8.3.4 Any player in breach of the dress code will be warned for the first offense by a Tournament Official or PDGA Marshal, may be required to change attire immediately at the official�s discretion, and will under all circumstances be required to change attire prior to the restart of their next round. For any additional offenses, players will be subject to disqualification by the Tournament Director, and may also be subject to suspension from PDGA events at the discretion of the PDGA Commissioner.

photocop
Aug 30 2005, 01:00 PM
thanks for the reminder on the dress code rules. we will be flying directly into peoria and i guess we were lucky and were able to get a great deal $217 roundtrip from corpus christi, tx. we were also able to get hotel accomodations in town even though most were sold out.
i am so psyched about this tournament and would not even be going if it weren't for the personal invitation from des reading to all the women players at the Texas 10 charity cup in lewisville last year. THANKS DES! :D
see ya'll in september!!!

DiscDiva
Aug 31 2005, 11:13 PM
I'll have women's polos with me in Peoria! Will be there early to practice and they'll be available.

bruce_brakel
Sep 01 2005, 02:15 AM
33 pre-reg a month before the tournament is looking pretty good. I thought we had plenty saved up for this but suddenly it is looking like we will need a little more for gas money. I think I'm going to be walking or riding a bike to work all September long!

Here's the website again: http://www.illinoisdiscgolf.com/womenschampionship/

ladydiscer
Sep 07 2005, 06:57 PM
Now we have a total of 48 pre-registered!!!! that is awesome. Our goal is to get a full field this year, we have amazing sponsorship and a great staff to spoil us rotten again this year. Please get your entry fees sent in now before it's too late! There are still some lodging options offered by some of the local PFC members if you are having trouble finding a place. See you all in a few weeks! :D

ladydiscer
Sep 07 2005, 06:59 PM
OH and if anybody arrives in town early and needs a "tour Guide" to get around and see the courses, then let me know, I'd be glad to help.

kittenchick
Sep 08 2005, 01:09 AM
can't wait to meet kelsey and i hope to play with her :Dsee you there
LC :D

schwinn2
Sep 08 2005, 11:29 AM
Kelsey rocks! She's super fun to play with...unfortunately, I have yet to beat her in a tournament!! :p Nicole Frazer is also a young one competing in the adv women's division. She kicked butt in the juniors last year and has been doing the same in the adv women's division this year! It's great to see that the future of women's disc golf is in good hands. :cool:

photocop
Sep 09 2005, 02:59 PM
OH and if anybody arrives in town early and needs a "tour Guide" to get around and see the courses, then let me know, I'd be glad to help.

we are coming in early (monday) and would welcome help from a "tour guide". how can we reach you cory???

ladydiscer
Sep 09 2005, 03:20 PM
you can reach me if you need help getting around to see the courses by emailing me to let me know exactly when you will be here and where I can meet you so you don't get lost. [email protected] or call me either at 309-347-1717 H or 309-241-3003 C. There is only one of me to go around so I will try to help as many as I can!

photocop
Sep 11 2005, 02:59 PM
great, thanks cory...

Nelle 18131
Sep 15 2005, 05:32 PM
Ladies Ladies Ladies!!!! Its almost time!!!

Is everyone ready??????

Me and another Texan are leaving Wednesday morning and we are so EXCITED!!!

gnduke
Sep 15 2005, 07:55 PM
Good luck To everyone, but especially to the players from Texas.

Nelle 18131
Sep 15 2005, 07:58 PM
Thanks GARY!!!!

ladydiscer
Sep 15 2005, 11:16 PM
Hey, just wanted to let all the ladies know that we will be having a $5 random draw doubles event Thursday night at 5:30 at Bradley park. So if you get in early enough and want to play, we will be there. Also just announced that the PFC will again be hosting the event next year Sept29, 30 and Oct. 1st.! YEAH, I'm so excited, we have some awesome sponsorship! :D

bruce_brakel
Sep 16 2005, 10:13 AM
56 preregistered now. Biggest ever.

Sep 16 2005, 12:32 PM
This looks to be a great event...great turn out! Thanks so much to Old Man and his wonderful staff. :)

Nelle 18131
Sep 16 2005, 12:34 PM
YES THANK YOU TO OLD MAN WALLIS and everyone else involved!!

We cant wait!!!

vinnie
Sep 16 2005, 12:35 PM
OLD MAN!
Good to see you numbers are up from last year and you have a number for me to beat at TWC. :D
Good Luck! And you show them girls a good time...you hear!

seewhere
Sep 16 2005, 12:39 PM
Laura Coffey from Round rock will be bringing some CTP's with her from our club. Hope everthing runs smooth for all invovled.

GO TEXAS WOMEN KICK SOME [I'm a potty-mouth!]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

losotd
Sep 16 2005, 08:28 PM
And Nelle is bringing LOSO gear from Live Oak! Go Nelle! Go Texas ladies, yee haw!

High was 78 today, you might want to take some coats, brrrr! :D

rhett
Sep 16 2005, 11:31 PM
SoCal! :)

Nelle 18131
Sep 17 2005, 12:42 AM
20 PRO WOMEN!!!!! With more to register!!! That is AWESOME!!!

Sep 17 2005, 12:53 AM
Good luck Liz, Lisa, and to the Frazers!

photocop
Sep 17 2005, 02:29 PM
High was 78 today, you might want to take some coats, brrrr! :D

[/QUOTE]

hey brian..... after 100* + at coastal clash, i think the lady texans will welcome a little cool weather!

photocop
Sep 17 2005, 02:31 PM
20 PRO WOMEN!!!!! With more to register!!! That is AWESOME!!!

hey nelle, we are leaving sunday. call my cell phone when ya'll get there. (361)-946-0578 :cool:

Nelle 18131
Sep 17 2005, 03:29 PM
Leaving Sunday?!?! Lucky you!!! See ya there.

Sep 18 2005, 11:28 AM
Good luck to all the women playin this tournament!!! Maybe i can make it next year :D

Sep 18 2005, 12:40 PM
Best of Luck to all the Texas Women :cool:

photocop
Sep 18 2005, 12:41 PM
thanks, keela. it was great to play with your group from TEMPLE @ coastal clash.

well, good-bye texas heat and hello to peoria!!!

nelle, you have a pm

vinnie
Sep 19 2005, 12:45 PM
Good luck YOU ALL!
I have raised over $900 for our Texas Ladies to go and play the Nationals.
At first it was for the best 2 texas finishers at TWC.But with one not going allot of that money will be spread out among all.
(Diner, drinks and whatever)
Next Year's TWC will not be different.
We will raise money to send our ladies and I challenge all other states to do the same.
Run a tournament and some of your raffle money can go to send a rep of your state to play Nationals.
OLD MAN ! ;) You like that promo....I am drummin up your event for the future, cause you will need all the help you can get to keep up with TWC :D

bruce_brakel
Sep 19 2005, 12:47 PM
Thank you for sending them. I raised almost that much to buy them lunch, so tell them to bring their appetites.

And thanks to Leo James and Mark Ellis for finding things for me to do that were worth lunch money for the USWDGC women.

Nelle 18131
Sep 19 2005, 12:49 PM
Thanks to the joint effort of all the Texas TD's for helping send us to US Womens Disc Golf Championships, I know we all benefitted from the TWC and the raffles at Texas tournies. Great idea by the way. :D

Its getting so close, are yall as excited as we are??

bruce_brakel
Sep 19 2005, 12:54 PM
I'm excited. I go every year. They NEVER let me play! They do let me eat the lunch. :D

There are four Brakel denominated women playing this year and allegedly a formerly Brakel denominated woman who now goes by Chaumont but pronounces it Show-Moe. The Waterford Junior Girls club has four members playing in three divisions, including, curiously, Advanced Master. ;)

Sep 19 2005, 04:29 PM
Rick has asked me to take pictures for DGWN again, so I will be there again with camera in hand. Make sure your group is down with the $20 bounty on hitting me BEFORE you tee off. And I get 50% of that if you draw blood! It's a tough shot though. I may be a big target but I move fast for my size. So far Des is the only one that has gotten close.

bruce_brakel
Sep 19 2005, 05:41 PM
There are already 65 women signed up for this so bring extra digits for your digital camera.

schwinn2
Sep 19 2005, 05:48 PM
Jon, I think you take awesome action shots. Maybe you should make photo cds of the tourney and sell them! I'd buy one!

Sep 19 2005, 05:49 PM
GoodLuck!!!!!To all the Texas Women making the trip to Women's Nationals.Stay Focused,Keep your confidence, trust your game. Have a Great Time!!!

Now a message for a special Girl ;)

Nelle, You have worked so hard and not let anything get in your way, or take your focus off your Love of the Sport. I hope this coming weekend you are rewarded for all your hard work, and all your sacrafice, to get at this point. I WISH YOU THE BEST OF LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!GO GET IT GIRL!!!!!!!!

ladydiscer
Sep 19 2005, 06:17 PM
I agree Jon should make picture cds to sell, there are so many who don't get the chance to see everything, that is a great idea! I know I would buy one also. We might actually fill up this year! I know that Oldman probably won't turn anyone away if we are a couple of girls over but isn't this awesome?!!! If we keep growing like this we will have to play on two courses instead of one! Then what would you do Jon? I know you cannot be two places at the same time, set up video. We need an entire video dedicated to the women, and not just the pros, all the women. only a few days left to register, see everyone soon!

schwinn2
Sep 19 2005, 07:24 PM
Okay, so it's official. The ladies nominate Jon to make and sell a photo cd ;) I just think it's a good memory. Master Jon, if you accept the task, I know an apprentice who might be willing to help you out!

Nelle 18131
Sep 19 2005, 08:12 PM
In honor of my fellow Texan Seehorse, here is a weather report:

Thu
Sep 22 Mostly Cloudy
86�/62� 20%

Fri
Sep 23 Partly Cloudy
81�/61� 20%

Sat
Sep 24 Partly Cloudy
87�/64� 20%

Looking really nice for the weekend!!!!

Sun
Sep 25 Mostly Sunny
84�/56� 10%

seewhere
Sep 19 2005, 08:14 PM
uh what is 7 good mean?? :D

Nelle 18131
Sep 19 2005, 08:26 PM
I dont know what youre talking about. My post is perfect. :D

Sep 19 2005, 09:55 PM
Des is an IOWAN!!!! Iowa women rule!!!!

quickdisc
Sep 19 2005, 11:35 PM
Kick some baskets arse !!!!!! Hope to see some of the best lady players around !!!!!!

bruce_brakel
Sep 20 2005, 12:26 AM
I don't know if Jon is reading this. The PDGA has to approve stuff like this. They make Old Man sign a contract on this kind of thing, or at least, they were supposed to have. I'll call Jon and call the office and see if this can happen.

If it can, I'll be taking names and addresses and asking for half up front, whatever half is, so Jon can get burnable discs and whatever else is involved, probably a case of Dr. Pepper and a lot of Cheetohs. Jon takes really good pictures, and we can make sure he takes even more really good pictures of the people who are signed up.

I think Jon will be there Saturday and Sunday only, but there is plenty of time to get shots of everyone. It would be like a photo album with maybe some short movie clips, and not like a full production Worlds or USDGC video. We talked about this once last year or before but then did not follow through because of the PDGA permission thing.

Sep 20 2005, 01:24 AM
I just talked to Bruce on the phone. If the PDGA will allow us to this, then we will do it. See everyone on Saturday!

Sep 20 2005, 01:42 AM
Bruce just called me on the phone. I think it's a great idea. Bruce is going to do the logistics for me so now it will be up to the PDGA. If they approve then we'll do it.

discglfr
Sep 20 2005, 02:15 AM
I will also be taking pictures while serving as the PDGA Marshal. I found myself taking tons of pictures at the Am Worlds when I marshaled and it was a great time. In fact, I think I'm late in e-mailing a few to some of the participants. :eek:

Jon - let me know what comes of this. I'll see you down there.

vinnie
Sep 20 2005, 12:06 PM
Terry Miller....Good to see your name as Marshall.
You gave me an idea....next year I want to also Marshall. Old Man!!! please keep that in mind. I want to help in any way and what better way to meet.

ladydiscer
Sep 20 2005, 01:18 PM
OH MY GOSH! I just talked to "mom" (oldmans wife) this morning and we have to add at least two holes to every course and up the numbers for food to accommodate all the women we have coming! This is exciting, this will be our biggest year so far and next year will be even bigger, Thank you to everyone who has spread the word about this event and got new players involved. Yes to any of the guys who want to come and help, PLEASE do because we need you. We knew we were going to be a little bigger than last year but the numbers are way bigger than we expected! Where else do you see this many beautiful women at the same time throwing discs? ;)

discette
Sep 20 2005, 01:24 PM
They don't necessarily have to add two holes to any of the courses. They can just have two ghost groups on the course. This would be very easy to do at McNaughton. Bradley and Northwood. I have never seen the Central College course. I don't think five-somes are an option for Majors.

Nelle 18131
Sep 20 2005, 01:31 PM
I think it is awesome that they even have to be thinking of adding holes or ghost cards to a women only tournie!!!!!

THANKS EVERYONE FOR MAKING THIS HAPPEN!!!

bruce_brakel
Sep 20 2005, 01:33 PM
Cool! Those parks are all pretty spacious [except I don't know nothing about ICU] so it should probably be doable. Are they limiting it to foursomes then? Or are they thinking it might go over 80 and they'll do fivesomes?

Bradley, McNaughton and Northwoods all have at least one really long hole where you could start a floater group and have them tee off after the group ahead has thrown their second drives. Again, I don't know nothing about ICU.

bruce_brakel
Sep 20 2005, 01:52 PM
Bruce just called me on the phone. I think it's a great idea. Bruce is going to do the logistics for me so now it will be up to the PDGA. If they approve then we'll do it.

The PDGA is fine with it so long as they get a free copy for their photo database so it looks good to go. Jon and I were looking at the cost of burnable CDs, CD protective sleeves, mailing envelopes, postage, Cheetohs and Dr. Pepper, and we think that the cost of this will be something similar to a JK Aviar or Proline Starfire or Elite X Buzzz. Somewhere around there. It will be a really nice momento if you get one, and if you're scrapbooking you'll have lots of pictures to choose from. It will take three or four weeks to produce.

seewhere
Sep 20 2005, 02:08 PM
the real weather report: :D
appears some possible rain for Thursday and Friday but the rest of the weekend looks GOOD.. Hope everyone has a GREAT TIME and a SAFE TRIP

Today
Sep 20 Sunny
84�/56� 20%

Wed
Sep 21 Sunny
87�/63� 20%

Thu
Sep 22 Scattered T-Storms
87�/58� 50%

Fri
Sep 23 T-Showers
76�/59� 40%

Sat
Sep 24 Partly Cloudy
84�/62� 20%

Sun
Sep 25 Partly Cloudy
85�/60� 10%

Mon
Sep 26 Isolated T-Storms
78�/54� 30%

rhett
Sep 20 2005, 03:10 PM
What does that mean? That they are over-selling the event???

If you can't say "Sorry, we're full" to the late-signer-uppers, why not split into two flights instead and play two courses at a time?

ladydiscer
Sep 20 2005, 03:33 PM
What does that mean? That they are over-selling the event???

If you can't say "Sorry, we're full" to the late-signer-uppers, why not split into two flights instead and play two courses at a time?

Are you insane? We are trying to get more women involved, we are definitley not going to turn anyone away. Yes we wish that most wouldn't wait until the last minute to sign up because it creates problems, most of which can be fixed easily, but 'life' happens to most of us and many don't know until the last minute whether or not they can make it. I just hope that everyone has a great time and there is no complaining, we are doing everything we can to accommodate for the extras. I say the more the better, it's about time! We cannot change the format and play two courses now, we do not have the staff for that because we didn't count on this many players, but it will probably be that way next year with a cut-off date for signups.

bruce_brakel
Sep 20 2005, 03:40 PM
This is the first year they might fill to foursomes. And based on the last three years' growth pattern, there was no reason to anticipate such a large crowd this year.

No TD wants to turn away players for an event that has a long history of taking same-day late registrations. I'm sure they will do whatever it takes to accomodate everyone who wants to play this year and then do something next year to cap the field.

Oh, here's a mildly amusing fivesome story. Last year we had five junior girls and the field was mostly threesomes except a foursome in the women's pro division and a twosome in the junior girls division. So the twosome was waiting on the foursome on every hole and eventually both junior groups were waiting together on every hole. I suggested we just all play together as one big fivesome until the pros got a bit ahead or the intermediate women caught up and were waiting on us. That worked good for flow purposes but after a few holes they decided that they prefered to have a sit-and-watch-the-pros-play moment on every hole.

I'm going to remember to bring a light weight portable chair this year.

Sep 21 2005, 10:36 AM
See Bruce on Friday to sign up for the picture CD. See me during breaks on Saturday and Sunday to help me put names on pictures. I'll also be taking some short videos of some groups and asking you to say your name. I'm starting to learn a lot of your names but now this year there's going to be a whole bunch more of you!

Chicinutah
Sep 21 2005, 02:27 PM
The reason it is so full, is because of the DGWN article back in the winter, and the mailing list from the PDGA. Both of them mentioned this tourney, and challenge all the girls to attend. I wish I could make it. This is exciting. I would love to see a women's only tourney in the western united states.

schwinn2
Sep 21 2005, 02:47 PM
I have been soooo excited about this tournament for an entire year! It figures that on Tuesday, I came down with a 102 degree temp, and I couldn't hold any food in. I spent all last night in the ER, receiving IVs to counter my dehydration. :( Fever is now gone, and I'm holding in my Gatorade! I WILL BE IN PEORIA, even if my caddie has to drag me between holes. Don't worry girls, I may look anemic, but I shouldn't be contagious by Friday!! 68 women, I'm pumped! :)

bruce_brakel
Sep 21 2005, 04:32 PM
They now have 74 players pre-reged. The current plan is for 80 players and 20 hole courses. If you were planning on registering Thursday evening or Friday morning at the event, you should contact Oldman first. I don't know if 80 is a hard cap or if they will run fivesomes or what.

I don't see a rule or standard prohibiting fivesomes at a major. It is not in the tour standards document or the NT Rules. I don't know.

It would be cool if next year it was an invitational like the boys' DGCs. It is great to see so many women playing this year.

Chicinutah
Sep 21 2005, 04:38 PM
I would rather see it played on two courses than make it an invitational next year. We are still trying to get more women out and I think it would be exciting to see 160 women in a tournament on the same weekend.

schwinn2
Sep 21 2005, 04:44 PM
I agree, I think it would be AWESOME to play in a tourney against 150+ women! I think two courses is the way to go...although that would require LOTS more volunteers!

74 women? That's sweet. Any more advanced? It seems like every division went up in numbers this year except the advanced!!

seewhere
Sep 21 2005, 05:02 PM
TEXAS Women at Nationals:

You ladies have FUN and REPRESENT TEXAS!!!

FPO Laura Coffey 21102 Round Rock Texas
FPO Melinda Ring 19542 Austin Texas
FPO Danielle Vargas 18131 Live Oak Texas
FM1 Denise Hagedorn 25710 Corpus Christi Texas
FW2 Lynn Chaumont 26601 Austin Texas

vinnie
Sep 21 2005, 05:18 PM
TWC has use of 3 courses....so old man better get more courses or he will not be able to boast largest womens feild

rhett
Sep 21 2005, 05:19 PM
They should consider just going to 5-somes. 5-somes aren't ideal, but what the hey...they have a much larger turnout than expected. :)

I think the floodgates of sign-ups really opened up once Laurie and Megan SoCal signed up. :D

bruce_brakel
Sep 21 2005, 05:43 PM
I'm for letting everyone in this year and having a plan for next year. Oldman listens to me, but he makes his own decisions.

They use four courses so they could do pools. Maybe this year on short notice they can't. One of the cool things about this tournament is that it is the only one in North America where intermediate women and junior girls can play in their division and play the same courses at the same time as the best pro women from across the continent.

The problems of success sure beat the problems of mediocrity though! :)

rhett
Sep 21 2005, 05:51 PM
Pre-reg

<table border="1"><tr><td>Division</td><td>Count
</td></tr><tr><td>FPO</td><td>23
</td></tr><tr><td>FPM</td><td>8
</td></tr><tr><td>FPG</td><td>1
</td></tr><tr><td>FW1</td><td>11
</td></tr><tr><td>FW2</td><td>17
</td></tr><tr><td>FW3</td><td>0
</td></tr><tr><td>FM1</td><td>8
</td></tr><tr><td>FG1</td><td>0
</td></tr><tr><td>FJ1</td><td>0
</td></tr><tr><td>FJ2</td><td>6
</td></tr><tr><td>FJ3</td><td>0
</td></tr><tr><td>FJ4</td><td>0
</td></tr><tr><td>Total</td><td>74
</td></tr><tr><td></tr></td></table>

If someone wants to PM me the password, I'd be happy to put the pre-reg from the tourney website up on the PDGA website. The PDGA website will auto-magically display the ratings without any extra work. :)

photocop
Sep 21 2005, 07:13 PM
TEXAS Women at Nationals:

You ladies have FUN and REPRESENT TEXAS!!!

FPO Laura Coffey 21102 Round Rock Texas
FPO Melinda Ring 19542 Austin Texas
FPO Danielle Vargas 18131 Live Oak Texas
FM1 Denise Hagedorn 25710 Corpus Christi Texas
FW2 Lynn Chaumont 26601 Austin Texas

i am very proud to represent texas with the other fine texan players and very happy not be at WORK right now with the oncoming threat of a hurricane.

god bless and watch over the gulf coast states.

bruce_brakel
Sep 21 2005, 08:57 PM
Wilbur would probably be the guy with the password. He's the "computer geek" :cool:for the Peoria Frisbee Club. You can e-mail Wilbur at [email protected] If you contact Wilbur tell him, "Bruce Brakel says, 'Rhett is trusting you with his wife and daughter for the weekend. You can probably trust him with the tournament password.' "

kittenchick
Sep 21 2005, 10:19 PM
we are leaving tonight wish me luck :p

bruce_brakel
Sep 21 2005, 11:13 PM
We are packing the car tonight and leaving first thing in the morning. Good luck!

Sep 21 2005, 11:35 PM
Wilbur would probably be the guy with the password. He's the "computer geek" :cool:for the Peoria Frisbee Club. You can e-mail Wilbur at [email protected] If you contact Wilbur tell him, "Bruce Brakel says, 'Rhett is trusting you with his wife and daughter for the weekend. You can probably trust him with the tournament password.' "

I volunteered to help with getting names online and helping with online scoring in Peoria and Wilbur said he had it covered. Which works for me because I think I might need my full attention to taking pictures with such a huge turn out!

rhett
Sep 22 2005, 05:28 AM
we are leaving tonight wish me luck :p

Megan was watching the news and that Airbus plane with the broken nosegear circle LAX for 3 hours right before she went to the airport. Not a good plan.

SoCal in the air right now.

bruce_brakel
Sep 22 2005, 07:43 AM
Team Waterford is packed and rolling.

seewhere
Sep 22 2005, 11:31 AM
how about some Women's trivia??

what is the oldest age player?
youngest player?
which state has the most players?

photocop
Sep 22 2005, 02:18 PM
being stuck at the hotel without a car and having not much else to do but watch the hurricane updates, i decided to count 'em up.
from the list of registered players... michigan is in the lead with "8".

cbdiscpimp
Sep 22 2005, 02:21 PM
being stuck at the hotel without a car and having not much else to do but watch the hurricane updates, i decided to count 'em up.
from the list of registered players... michigan is in the lead with "8".

The best thing about that is I think 7 of those are are Junior girls :D

kcdiscgirl
Sep 22 2005, 02:32 PM
Good luck to all the girls!

dischick
Sep 22 2005, 04:49 PM
2nd that.... good luck ladies! go Michigan!

rhett
Sep 22 2005, 08:27 PM
76 competitors now listed with an update date of today

<table border="1"><tr><td>FPO</td><td>24
</td></tr><tr><td>FPM</td><td>8
</td></tr><tr><td>FPG</td><td>1
</td></tr><tr><td>FW1</td><td>11
</td></tr><tr><td>FW2</td><td>17
</td></tr><tr><td>FW3</td><td>0
</td></tr><tr><td>FM1</td><td>8
</td></tr><tr><td>FG1</td><td>1
</td></tr><tr><td>FJ1</td><td>0
</td></tr><tr><td>FJ2</td><td>6
</td></tr><tr><td>FJ3</td><td>0
</td></tr><tr><td>FJ4</td><td>0
</td></tr><tr><td>Total</td><td>76
</td></tr><tr><td></tr></td></table>

slo
Sep 23 2005, 02:30 AM
More Chicks, than Masters now for their respective Nationals...that's good, I think?

emerald_isle
Sep 23 2005, 03:53 AM
Hey Rhett,
Did your wife and daughter take the laptop so we can send words of encouragement :D

Valarie24
Sep 23 2005, 12:03 PM
MY PLANE FLIGHT TO CHICAGO WAS CANCELLED!! NO MISS JENKINS AT WONATS!

cbdiscpimp
Sep 23 2005, 12:07 PM
Are you kidding me???

seewhere
Sep 23 2005, 12:43 PM
how come the tour link has not had the players entered ??

rhett
Sep 23 2005, 01:36 PM
Hey Rhett,
Did your wife and daughter take the laptop so we can send words of encouragement :D

Nope. I'm hoping the round-by-round scores get posted so I can follow the action from here. :)

I never realized that a side effect of getting the family to play disc golf might be that I got left home from a disc golf trip. :(

:D:cool::D

rhett
Sep 23 2005, 01:40 PM
MY PLANE FLIGHT TO CHICAGO WAS CANCELLED!! NO MISS JENKINS AT WONATS!

That stinks! :( I know Megan was looking forward to a mini-putt rematch.

Sep 23 2005, 01:48 PM
I never realized that a side effect of getting the family to play disc golf might be that I got left home from a disc golf trip.

I understand that all to well. This is the 4th year for me and my son to be bachelors.

Go Team Rodiek !

Laura12670
Sep 23 2005, 03:34 PM
Any results from the first round yet? Should be done by now right? :confused:

losotd
Sep 23 2005, 03:46 PM
yeah, what she said!

rhett
Sep 23 2005, 04:03 PM
Uh-oh. Now that the pre-reg is posted off the tour link, it looks like there is an 800 and an 801 rating in Intermediate. :eek:

Hope it doesn't rain too much this weekend. :)

LoudBottom
Sep 23 2005, 04:20 PM
Even better... Des has sunk to a horrific 854. The wobble putt must have finally caught up to her.

rhett
Sep 23 2005, 04:23 PM
Come on Laurie and Megan, you can rebound from that first round! :)

seewhere
Sep 23 2005, 04:27 PM
13 Laura Coffey 21102 832 71 861

KEEP IT UP Laura . Shooting over your rating. ROUND ROCK

Lets go Mel and Nelle. :D

discglfr
Sep 23 2005, 04:31 PM
Due to the great staff here at the event and because of Jon Brakel's internet connection - the scores are up. Just minutes after all cards were turned in!

The weather is still undecided here in Peoria. We saw sprinkles for a few minutes and the skies haven't exactly cleared up. Hopefully all of the women will stay dry in round 2.

Putting contests and distance competitons are going on right now. The hard working volunteers are out moving the baskets to the SHORTER positions. Stay tuned for round 2!

Your Women's Championship Marshal - Terry Miller

rhett
Sep 23 2005, 05:18 PM
Thanks to all the staff for getting the scores up so quick! :)

I also appreciate the post-round weather update. Keep 'em coming if you have the time. We'd all like to be there watching, so any quick little tidbits you can drop to give a flavor of how the event is going are appreciated.

Thanks again!

Sep 23 2005, 05:27 PM
Did everyone play the same layout? If so, my wife and daughter shot the same. Good for my daughter :D, bad for the wife. :(

Go Team Rodiek!

rhett
Sep 23 2005, 05:31 PM
Did everyone play the same layout? If so, my wife and daughter shot the same. Good for my daughter :D, bad for the wife. :(

Same here, but with the opposite consequence! :eek:

the_kid
Sep 23 2005, 05:33 PM

Same here, but with the opposite consequence! :eek:

Maybe she can catch eight stroke in the semis. :D:D

rhett
Sep 23 2005, 08:43 PM
Holy cow, another Stroh family tie in round 2!

Nice shootin', honey. Way to move into 10th. :)

Buckle down, Megan. There's still plenty of time to make a move. :D

Another great job on getting the scores up. Thanks!

Valarie24
Sep 23 2005, 09:41 PM
LETS GOO BERLOGARRR!!!! YouVe Got aLL the SpiRiTT!!!

Sep 23 2005, 10:01 PM

Thanx Chris. You are a nice guy, no matter what they say about you throwing your mini. :eek: Not so good in the second round - lots of time to make my move. Great courses!! Great staff!!!!! Great golf to come. :)

Nelle 18131
Sep 23 2005, 10:41 PM

Hey Chris, this is Lala....youre a nice guy no matter what they say about throwing your mini, not so stellar in the 2nd round. Plenty of time to make my big move. :D

Okay, now this is Nelle...ya know sometimes it be's like that.. /msgboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

MOTIVATIONAL PM'S NEEDED ASAP. :confused: :p

juliwithnoe
Sep 23 2005, 11:48 PM
Just to make it to this event would be a great memory for me. I want to wish Nelle,Laura, Mel And Des the best, You all are awesome players!!!! Keep your head High Ladies, you know your potential. My thoughts are with you all. GOOD luck !!! and Go TEXAS WOMEN!!!!!!!!

Sep 24 2005, 12:44 AM
Even better... Des has sunk to a horrific 854. The wobble putt must have finally caught up to her.

When you click on the Des Reading link in the scores, it pulls up Brian Faulkner, an 854 rated player. Since Des is a 957 rated player, that will skew the ratings for everyone downward until it is fixed. It looks like Des Reading's PDGA number should have been entered as 15863, but was mis-entered as 15843... (and the ratings go by PDGA number since many people share the same last name)

Plankeye
Sep 24 2005, 04:48 AM
good call robj

maybe someone can shoot a quick PM to bruce or jon just incase they check their PMs on here.

discglfr
Sep 24 2005, 04:43 PM
Thanks for the heads up on Des' PDGA number. I fixed it prior to uploading scores from round 3.

They played a short but very technical course this morning. ICC saw scores ranging from 53 to 108. I have not personally seen the course here in Morton but I'm told it's similar to ICC with a little more elevation and a few open holes. Like this morning, they are playing 1 round of 20 holes at this course.

Somehow the rain missed us and it's starting to get pretty hot here. Last night's forecast called for rain and a high of 63 degrees. This morning's forecast was mid eighties, sun, and lots of humidity. This morning's forecast is certainly the more accurate of the two.

Scorekeepers are getting their assignments and everyone is just about to head out for round 4. We'll catch you back on here after the round!

Marshal Miller

Valarie24
Sep 24 2005, 06:16 PM
ya'll see that jenkins chick.. shes moving her way up there!! WhooooOO!

Sep 24 2005, 08:05 PM
Looks like the usual women on top. No real suprises, expected more from a couple of other players, but i guess this level of competition is a little out of their league. :eek:

discglfr
Sep 24 2005, 09:41 PM
Scores have been up for about 45 minutes or so now.

The round was HOT and HUMID. Lowest scores (-3/57) were carded by the (now) top 2 women in the Open Division. That would be Elaine and Angela for those of you playing along at home.

At 9 am tomorrow we meet at McNaughton and play 20 more holes and then cut to the top 4 in each division for a final 9. Keep your fingers crossed that the weather continues to be kind to us.

Rumor has it that signal is hard to come by at the course but we'll do our best to keep things up to speed for everyone. Catch you tomorrow!

Enidan
Sep 24 2005, 09:44 PM
Terry,
Just a quick note to say "THANK YOU" for all of your hard work to get the scores uploaded so fast! The time and effort you've been putting in has not gone unnoticed. I for one appreciate that I can see how the girls of WI are doing and be able to root them on. :) And to Carla, "Keep it going Girl! One of your fellow Lefties-in-Crime is wishing you all the best! GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Nadine

xterramatt
Sep 24 2005, 10:40 PM
Thanks for the heads up on Des' PDGA number. I fixed it prior to uploading scores from round 3.

Third time's a charm? She's now turned into J. Brad Stubbs of Morrison, CO. And she's not even a current member. :eek:

Her PDGA number is 15863. Not 15643, not 15843.

Just thought I'd help.

Val, what happened to your plane? Did the landing gear get locked in the sideways position?

discglfr
Sep 25 2005, 01:26 AM
Thanks Matt,

I see you have my back. I went into the file today and changed Des' number in the uploaded information but neglected to change it in the actual PDGA spreadsheet. Therefore, when I uploaded the newest round this evening it was still referencing an incorrect spreadsheet.

To make a very long story short - I think it should be all set by now. Thanks for the heads up!

About to call it a night - I have a long day of marshaling tomorrow.

rhett
Sep 25 2005, 01:32 AM
Thanks again for all your work, Terry.

Sep 25 2005, 02:36 AM
It looks like the third time was the charm -- thanks for the fix Terry.

Valarie24
Sep 25 2005, 12:26 PM
On Thursday nite Chicago had a BAD storm and all the planes were grounded (no one could leave or enter) so i wouldnt have been able to get to Peoria until like noon on Friday.. BOOOOOO! so I was stuck! What is going on with the scores?! Who would have predicted this?

slo
Sep 25 2005, 03:21 PM
After 5 rounds played (http://www.pdga.com/tournament/tournament_results.php?TournID=4650&amp;year=2005&amp;incl udeRatings=1#Open%20Women).
In Masters, Discette is only 4 throws out of 3rd, 3 from 4th; how many make the Final?

kcdiscgirl
Sep 25 2005, 04:54 PM
hey school girl, that totally sucks. sorry to hear that you couldn't make it...i wonder where we'd be in the mix-one,two punch for sure with superpiepower!
anyhoo, SCORE updates? can Ms.Canada close it out and take the thrown from the iowan reigns. hmmmmmmmm.

discglfr
Sep 25 2005, 05:15 PM
Scores are up after a LONG and rainy 5th round. Ties are getting into the finals which matters in the OPEN and ADVANCED division. We are teeing off in about 20 minutes and we'll get the OPEN scores up as they finish each hole.

Marshal Miller

slo
Sep 25 2005, 06:18 PM
How many make the Open and Advanced Finals?

discglfr
Sep 25 2005, 08:17 PM
Awards are going off at this very moment. As you can see, they allowed the ties in both the Advanced and Open Divisions. Exciting final 9 had by all.

Feel free to check the scores take in the sun like we are.

Valarie24
Sep 25 2005, 08:38 PM
Whats up Canada! Yahhh Elaine!

LoudBottom
Sep 25 2005, 09:31 PM
Elaine Rules! Woot<font color="red"> Canada! </font>

Luke Butch
Sep 25 2005, 09:58 PM
Nice to see Elaine taking a weekend off from beating up on the Men's Advanced division. I had been hearing from some guys who have played against her in the past few weeks that she has improved her game noticeably. Guess they were right. Great shooting Elaine!

slo
Sep 26 2005, 02:00 AM
How many make the Open and Advanced Finals?

Anyone...? Sorry, no; I didn't realize it was so difficult; the correct answer was FOUR, plus ties. Four. ;)

Sep 26 2005, 02:09 AM
This Brakel is back home now. I took about 2GB worth of photos and low res video. I think I took in the neighborhood of 600 photos even though the weather proved to be challenging for picture taking.

Elaine explained the difference between this tournament and all others...the women just plain have more fun! It is also a very supportive atmosphere with Julianna going back to her vehicle to get her spare large golf umbrella to lend to Elaine for the rainy round on Sunday because all Elaine had was a small umbrella.

I always enjoy being at this tournament every year...both to watch and take pictures. Old Man and the PFC do a great job! Many thanks to them for putting on a fabulous event!

seewhere
Sep 26 2005, 09:06 AM
what did the payout look like ??? thanks for all the hard work by everyone.

esalazar
Sep 26 2005, 09:25 AM
wow , great turnout!! way to set the bar!!! :D

Sep 26 2005, 12:24 PM

I never looked at the posted payouts, so I couldn't tell you about that. They did not announce what they won at the awards. However, the player packs were nice. They got two discs (I think one avenger but I didn't see the other one), a nice tie dye towel and a collared shirt with a small WDGC logo screen printed over the left pocket area. There were also the misc. items like drink cozies, sponsor mini discs and other small stuff.

flutterby
Sep 26 2005, 12:35 PM
Congratulations Elaine. way to step it up. Wish I could have been there with you girls. I sure did miss all of you.

Sep 26 2005, 01:10 PM
I just did a tally of the picture taking for the weekend:

- 569 still photos
- 80 low res video segments
- 1 wave off
- 1 comment on the color of my shirt (sorry Elaine!)
- 1 slightly wet camera (currently drying) that doesn't seem any worse for wear.

I had lots of pre-orders for the picture CD. I've decided I'll use the money from the sale of the pictures CD to go towards a digital video camera for next year. I'll still do regular pictures next year but I'd like to add some hi res video as well. It's not too late to get your USWDGC picture CD!
http://discontinuum.org/forums/uploads/post-9-1127748337.jpg

schwinn2
Sep 26 2005, 01:24 PM
Thanks Old Man, Mom, the PFC, and all the volunteers! You put on another excellent show. Old Man and Mom, thank you for being very supportive of me this weekend. In all honesty, it was a very difficult weekend for me. My spirit wanted to play so badly, but my body wouldn't let me. Thanks Terry for your help marshalling, scoring, etc. Thanks Jon for taking photos. Can't wait to see the photo cd.

Watch out, ladies! I'll be back next year, and I'm gonna make darn sure that I'm healthy!!! :)

Just out of curiousity, does anyone know if I need to take 140s on the rounds I didn't play (7s on each hole) to have my other rounds count for my rating? Can I take 999 on the first two rounds and still have my last three rounds count? A 147 rated round is a little harsh!

Sep 26 2005, 01:35 PM
What a great weekend. A BIG thank you to everyone who worked so hard to make the weekend perfect. I had a great time and we are already making plans to do it up ever better next year. THANK YOU :D

Sep 26 2005, 02:56 PM
Just out of curiousity, does anyone know if I need to take 140s on the rounds I didn't play (7s on each hole) to have my other rounds count for my rating? Can I take 999 on the first two rounds and still have my last three rounds count? A 147 rated round is a little harsh!

Those rounds will be dropped when the rounds are officially rated.

Sep 26 2005, 03:00 PM
i think he means the rounds which you DNF'ed won't count. the rounds you did finish will count unless they are 2.5 standard deviations below your rating...

how about those Frazers -- can they play or what!

bruce_brakel
Sep 26 2005, 04:06 PM
The Waterford Junior Girls Club got home safely, driving seven hours through Drizzle Rita. I just wanted to give some congratulations to Jenny Fox for winning the Junior Girl National Putting Championship and Junior Girl National Driving Championship. The drive was 240 feet, and was a new junior girl USWDGC record!

dischick
Sep 26 2005, 05:05 PM
watch out for those junior girls from MI!

Sep 26 2005, 05:27 PM
This one is for Rhett since he couldn't be there. Maybe Dad was hoping she would have better results, but every time I saw her, Megan was acting in a most sportsman-like (sportswoman-like?) manner. You should be proud. http://discontinuum.org/forums/uploads/post-9-1127763646.jpg

slo
Sep 26 2005, 05:41 PM
"Sportsperson", and glad to hear it! :) Just wondering; was Tracey "Pink Sox" Thorpe the inspiration for that...outfit? :D

schwinn2
Sep 26 2005, 05:43 PM
I played with Megan all three rounds. She does have a great attitude. When she would make a mistake, she didn't get negative or huffy like some people do. She'd just keep smiling and play on. It's always enjoyable to play with people like that!

rhett
Sep 26 2005, 07:05 PM
I played with Megan all three rounds. She does have a great attitude. When she would make a mistake, she didn't get negative or huffy like some people do. She'd just keep smiling and play on. It's always enjoyable to play with people like that!

That's great to hear! She's always had a wonderful attitude on the course. From across the fairway you couldn't tell if she shooting a personal best or a personal worst. :)

Megan's been wearing the tall socks for a while now, slo. She started it about three years ago where she would wear one black and one gold for her (then) school colors. Maybe a little Burl-tassled-sock influence there. :)

BTW, those are Playboy socks! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Thanks for posting the pic!

rhett
Sep 26 2005, 07:06 PM
Did my wife order one of the picture discs while she was there, Jon? If not, I'll officially order one now.

discglfr
Sep 26 2005, 07:16 PM
I also took upwards of 500 or so pics throughout the weekend. I'm not exactly sure what I'll do with them just yet. I don't know if I'll just throw them on a CD or put them on a website or whatever.

Contact me if you are looking for a pic that I may have taken. By the end of the weekend I would guess that I remember roughly 50 or so of the 76 names and scores I helped with this weekend. It was really fun.

rhett
Sep 26 2005, 07:21 PM
I'll buy a CD off of you. Just dump them all to CD or DVD and let us sort them out.

Sep 26 2005, 07:30 PM
Did my wife order one of the picture discs while she was there, Jon? If not, I'll officially order one now.

Bruce was taking orders but I'm pretty sure that she did. I'll put you down for one though if she did not.

Anyone else that wants to order a picture CD from me, just e-mail [email protected]ast.net . It is $10 which includes shipping to US addresses. Proceeds will go towards media production for the 2006 USWDGC.

bruce_brakel
Sep 26 2005, 08:01 PM
Laurie Stroh is on the list and paid.

bruce_brakel
Sep 26 2005, 10:36 PM

I never looked at the posted payouts, so I couldn't tell you about that. They did not announce what they won at the awards. However, the player packs were nice. They got two discs (I think one avenger but I didn't see the other one), a nice tie dye towel and a collared shirt with a small WDGC logo screen printed over the left pocket area. There were also the misc. items like drink cozies, sponsor mini discs and other small stuff.

The amateur payouts are always much more than is required by the PDGA. They get a lot of donated stuff and they use it to pay out deeper into the amateur field than required. They do a lot of CTPs. If you win a CTP you can pick any one thing you want out of a big box o' stuff.

All I heard about the pro payout was a passing snippet from the winner, "And it is a LOT more in Canadian!" :cool:

rhett
Sep 27 2005, 03:08 PM
Laurie Stroh is on the list and paid.

Thanks.

Sep 28 2005, 12:28 PM
Here's another picture from Peoria. This one is a 3 picture composite of Kira Brakel throwing her drive on the temp hole that ran on top of the hill above the pond.

http://discontinuum.org/forums/uploads/post-9-1127918479.jpg

If you'd like a copy of the picture CD, just send me $10 (that includes shipping) and an address to send it to. The CD should be ready in about 2 to 3 weeks. Proceeds will go toward media production of the 2006 WDGC.

Jon Brakel
1671 Woodduck Lane #2D
Wheeling, IL 60090

Call me or e-mail me with any questions. 847-670-1757 or [email protected]

photocop
Sep 28 2005, 08:12 PM
what a great photo of kira and her form looks perfect. we had such a great time and are looking forward to next year...

ladydiscer
Sep 30 2005, 11:56 AM
I just wanted to to say thank you to all the women who made this event this year! We were happy to see alot of new faces and of course some old ones as well. We are already making plans for next years event to be held on Sept. 29, 30 and Oct. 1st, so ladies make your reservations now!!! Make your vacation requests and bring a friend and a sponsor, we will keep growing every year. We will be on two courses next year to avoid delays :D I hope that each of you took away some great memories and plan on coming back next year, I promise it will be bigger and even better!

Nov 10 2005, 12:50 AM
I know that some of you have been patiently waiting for the picture CD and I have some good news for you. Everyone who has preordered the CD won't be getting just one CD, you will be getting two CDs! The first CD will have all the pictures on them in full resolution so that you can print them, crop them or just look at 'em. The other CD is going to be an SVCD which is a video on a CD disc. It will play in most DVD players, so you can sit in the comfort of your living room and watch the slide show on your TV. But if you don't have anything that you can play the SVCD on, you will still have the regular picture CD.

I'm doing the finishing touches on the SVCD and made a successful beta CD last night. Becky and I watched it and found just a few changes that need to be made. I expect to be burning multiple CDs by Friday and packaging them for shipment over the weekend. The good US postal service willing, you should start seeing your CDs arrive mid to late next week!

wander
Nov 10 2005, 10:56 AM
I know that some of you have been patiently waiting for the picture CD and I have some good news for you. Everyone who has preordered the CD won't be getting just one CD, you will be getting two CDs! The first CD will have all the pictures on them in full resolution so that you can print them, crop them or just look at 'em. The other CD is going to be an SVCD which is a video on a CD disc. It will play in most DVD players, so you can sit in the comfort of your living room and watch the slide show on your TV. But if you don't have anything that you can play the SVCD on, you will still have the regular picture CD.

I'm doing the finishing touches on the SVCD and made a successful beta CD last night. Becky and I watched it and found just a few changes that need to be made. I expect to be burning multiple CDs by Friday and packaging them for shipment over the weekend. The good US postal service willing, you should start seeing your CDs arrive mid to late next week!

Hi, Jon.

Let me know if you'd like to see your material used to make a WomNats segment for an upcoming DGL episode. I had event video last year, but this year the video plan/guy never panned out, and I'm sure what you've done would make a fine backdrop for an overview and results segment.

Thanks.

Joe

Nov 10 2005, 03:44 PM
As I wrap up the SVCD I'd like to add some music. I have some royalty free music that I can use but would like some more. Since this is kinda last minute, then if not for this year then for next. I'm already thinking of ideas to do for next year.

So, if you have a band that would like to get some free exposure and their music is legal to distribute and it is digitally recorded, let me know. Since it is a women's event, it would be nice to feature women artists if possible.

Joe,

That sounds good. I'll get in touch with you soon.

justin_jernigan
Nov 10 2005, 08:43 PM
This one is for Rhett since he couldn't be there. Maybe Dad was hoping she would have better results, but every time I saw her, Megan was acting in a most sportsman-like (sportswoman-like?) manner. You should be proud. http://discontinuum.org/forums/uploads/post-9-1127763646.jpg

i want some socks like that

wander
Nov 10 2005, 11:28 PM
This one is for Rhett since he couldn't be there. Maybe Dad was hoping she would have better results, but every time I saw her, Megan was acting in a most sportsman-like (sportswoman-like?) manner. You should be proud. [

That's where Burl's missing socks went!

the_kid
Nov 10 2005, 11:40 PM

I have socks like that. :o:o

kittenchick
Nov 11 2005, 02:22 PM
i love my playboy bunny socks :D

rhett
Nov 11 2005, 02:59 PM

Ain't nothin' cooller than them.

keithjohnson
Nov 12 2005, 06:27 PM

do you ever wear your birthday tigger socks??

rhett
Nov 14 2005, 04:35 PM

do you ever wear your birthday tigger socks??

Yes she does.

Nov 16 2005, 12:20 PM
All the CDs that have been ordered were mailed on Tuesday. 1st Class US Mail. Enjoy.

serg
Nov 16 2005, 12:49 PM
Are they still available to order?

bruce_brakel
Nov 16 2005, 04:29 PM
Yes. Jon is handling that. The people who signed up in advance received both the photo album CD and the Super DVD slide show with music. If Jon does not see your post, you can e-mail him at [email protected]