Jun 20 2005, 02:43 PM
Any advice out there for a Noob regarding what to look for in a disc for severe UPHILL drives? Is it all about weight? or glide? Any adivce would be greatly appreciated.

Doc :confused:

cbdiscpimp
Jun 20 2005, 02:45 PM
Any advice out there for a Noob regarding what to look for in a disc for severe UPHILL drives? Is it all about weight? or glide? Any adivce would be greatly appreciated.

Doc :confused:

Understable works the best for "most" uphill shots. So I would say something like a Valk or a Express or an Arch Angel. Something along those lines

esalazar
Jun 20 2005, 02:48 PM
I also find it easier with lighter discs!! :D

vwkeepontruckin
Jun 20 2005, 02:54 PM
I would second the understable remark. Either throw a flippy version of what you already have, or go out and get either a Leopard or a Sabre type disc...the key is to have a disc that doesn't sacrafice a lot of distance with the noes up a little. (After all, you are throwing UP hill, so the nose will get up a little). Sabres have almost no equal with the nose up, so give one a try.

Parkntwoputt
Jun 20 2005, 02:56 PM
Also important is relative distance when dealing with elevation change (up or down hill). I believe Chuck Kennedy has it figured out to a 3 to 1 ratio. That every 1 foot in elevation change is a like a 3 foot change in distance. For example.

A hole that is 500ft long but you have a 50ft drop in elevation from the teebox would be able to be played like a 350ft hole. (50x3=150).
Similarly a 300ft hole that has a 50 foot rise in elevation would play like a 450ft hole.

So when you are looking at your 250ft uphill hole, and think to yourself, I can throw a Roc that far. Reevaluate that the hole has a 30ft rise in elevation, and now your looking at a 340ft hole, and now that is the distance of your Orc. Well then take Pimp's advice and throw an understable disc that you would throw for that 340ft distance. Good luck.

xterramatt
Jun 20 2005, 05:46 PM
definitely throw an understable disc, but one you can control with power (depends on the fairway, I guess...

I throw a Champion Leopard for most of mine, whatever you can throw that will turn over slightly while throwing uphill will give you the most distance with the least effort. The steeper the hill, the more understable the disc.

Matt

Jun 20 2005, 07:18 PM
Thanks to all for the quick replies. I really appreciate the advice.

pterodactyl
Jun 20 2005, 07:24 PM
Throw it anny style.